• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I saw Smash tweets.

I can only think of Direct presentations coming back full-force at this point. Man, the hype is so real now

I'll keep my expectations low though. Don't want disappointment.

D

Deleted member

I was just thinking, what if the Smash-related announcement is only Smash 64 getting re-released on the Wii U eShop ?

I don't know if people would be happy nor salty over it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
9 hours and 30 minutes left.

It can be tough to wait for a Direct. It's been 5 months since the last one at E3 and 7 months since the last non-E3 Direct.

And now I quote Metal Face: "This better be a good show."

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
*Puts tin foil hat on*.

https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/status/664726733661282304

If this was YCG, people would be jumping to conclusions like crazy
Except

*fastens tinfoil hat*
But what if they're anticipating some good news for a fellow indie dev...
...Like Yacht Club Games?
Okay, now that I've shared this ridiculous idea, how hard can you slap me in the facial region?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Playtonic's tease led to a YL Amiibo being announced this Direct.

Even if it's just a short clip.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if Playtonic's tease led to a YL Amiibo being announced this Direct.

Even if it's just a short clip.
Yeah I wouldn't rule out an amiibo reveal. Gav's been very vocal about wanting one, and if SK gets one there's no reason why Yooka-Laylee can't.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Leak comin' in from Gamefaqs regarding the direct. The user posting this has been a member of the site for 10 years, so this is at least something:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72807721

I saw some stills from the direct, thank me later. Here is a quick run down

First Trailer

-Wolf/K.Rool revealed in the same trailer near the beginning of the video.
-Cinematic starts with Wolf in a dog fighting with Falco and Fox in Arwings,
-Cameo appearances by Krystal, Slippy and Peppy giving Fox and Falco advice.
-Leon does the same for Wolf in one shot
-All three eject from their Arwings. Fox/Falco and Wolf run towards each other Wolf, getting ready to clash. Looks very dramatic and anime-esque.
-Some kind of interupption happens I guess. Next still showed Diddy on Wolf's back with K.Rool in pursuit of Diddy.
-Donkey Kong appears as well, grappling with K.Rool. Starts one of those cartoonish fight dust clouds
-Next still showed K.Rool disengaging with Diddy/Donkey Kong still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Another shot with Peppy and Krystal conversing about the whereabouts of Fox/Falco, hoping they're ok etc etc.
-K.Rool is holding some kind of weapon. Aims it at Diddy/Donkey Kong who are still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Looks like it missed or Diddy and Donkey Kong moved. Bullets are about to collide with Fox/Falco/Wolf
-Next still showed all three using their refelctors. Oddly enough Falco doesn't throw his as he does in game, activates his similarly to Fox. Wolf's reflector looks like his Brawl reflector.
-Some more bits missing between here and the last show. Fox/Falco/Wolf looks like they're about to clash with Diddy Kong/K.Rool/Diddy Kong. Temporary alliance I guess.
-Next still showed all 6 in a 6 player battle, they aren't on teams though which struck me as odd.

Gameplay stuff

Not much I can gather here from just screenshots, so I'll just post what I can gather. There is probably alot here because numerous of screenshots have "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy" at the bottom of them. Probably won't be getting patch notes

-Not much I can gather here from just screenshots. One shot of Palutena vs Pit on Castle siege has "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy"

-Isaac Mii with an Isaac costume is shown grouped with the previously released costumes. I didn't see any other costumes, but I'm assuming there are more

-Smash Run is coming to the Wii U. Looks like Wii U will receive more enemies, but will not be receiving activates abilities like the 3DS version has.

-3DS is receiving a game mode that allows players to upload their amiibos to amiibos of other players. Winner receives gold and items for winning. Players have the option of saving the replay.

Second trailer

Bomberman is revealed, but won't be released until sometime in 2016.

-First still looks similar to the opening of Pac-man's reveal trailer.
-Multiple screenshots of him just holding bombs or players being blown up. Can't really tell much about his moveset other than it'll involve bombs.
-Recovery might be really really good. One screenshot showed him offscreen near the bottom blastzone of omega wrecking crew. Next shot showed him holding the edge.

That's all I got. Obv not revealing my source, but I can say she/he is definitely credible and has told me more information.I'll be back tomorrow with more info once this has come true. Enjoy the direct tomorrow~

Username is "Thebombs", for future reference (in case the topic is deleted) in case he's right or wrong.
Way too good to be true. Yeah....

King Of Hyrule trailer. It's sad that it seems so underwhelming in the 3DS version. Major lack of enemies, moves seem way more boring, etc.
"Ha" "Hah""Hah" "Ha"
That's all I heard. Maybe he's in development.

AND WE HAVE A SAKURAI TWEET ABOUT TOMORROWS DIRECT

HYPE TRAIN FULL THROTTLE EVERYONE
Fasten your seatbelts, everyone. We're entering the final day.

As for the Yooka Laylee, I'm guessing we might see a Wii U trailer. :b:

:231:

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Not sure if posted yet but there are even more hints that Pokemon Z could be announced today in the direct

First of all the Japanese Zygarde Event is released today in Japan with the serial code MEGAMEGA

But the real fishy evidence is that Junichi Masuda retweeted the direct & while naysayers on forums say it will be just Super Mystery Dungeon or Pokken, it is worth nothing that the only games Junichi Masuda directs and really talks about are the main serie games.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, what's goi-

AND WE HAVE A SAKURAI TWEET ABOUT TOMORROWS DIRECT

HYPE TRAIN FULL THROTTLE EVERYONE
Except

OOOOOHHHHHHHH ****
Hype Thrusters are ENGAGED, folks
WE'RE IN FOR A SHOW

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Leak comin' in from Gamefaqs regarding the direct. The user posting this has been a member of the site for 10 years, so this is at least something:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/72807721

I saw some stills from the direct, thank me later. Here is a quick run down

First Trailer

-Wolf/K.Rool revealed in the same trailer near the beginning of the video.
-Cinematic starts with Wolf in a dog fighting with Falco and Fox in Arwings,
-Cameo appearances by Krystal, Slippy and Peppy giving Fox and Falco advice.
-Leon does the same for Wolf in one shot
-All three eject from their Arwings. Fox/Falco and Wolf run towards each other Wolf, getting ready to clash. Looks very dramatic and anime-esque.
-Some kind of interupption happens I guess. Next still showed Diddy on Wolf's back with K.Rool in pursuit of Diddy.
-Donkey Kong appears as well, grappling with K.Rool. Starts one of those cartoonish fight dust clouds
-Next still showed K.Rool disengaging with Diddy/Donkey Kong still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Another shot with Peppy and Krystal conversing about the whereabouts of Fox/Falco, hoping they're ok etc etc.
-K.Rool is holding some kind of weapon. Aims it at Diddy/Donkey Kong who are still in the cloud fighting each other.
-Looks like it missed or Diddy and Donkey Kong moved. Bullets are about to collide with Fox/Falco/Wolf
-Next still showed all three using their refelctors. Oddly enough Falco doesn't throw his as he does in game, activates his similarly to Fox. Wolf's reflector looks like his Brawl reflector.
-Some more bits missing between here and the last show. Fox/Falco/Wolf looks like they're about to clash with Diddy Kong/K.Rool/Diddy Kong. Temporary alliance I guess.
-Next still showed all 6 in a 6 player battle, they aren't on teams though which struck me as odd.

Gameplay stuff

Not much I can gather here from just screenshots, so I'll just post what I can gather. There is probably alot here because numerous of screenshots have "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy" at the bottom of them. Probably won't be getting patch notes

-Not much I can gather here from just screenshots. One shot of Palutena vs Pit on Castle siege has "Numerous changes have been added for the entire cast. Please enjoy"

-Isaac Mii with an Isaac costume is shown grouped with the previously released costumes. I didn't see any other costumes, but I'm assuming there are more

-Smash Run is coming to the Wii U. Looks like Wii U will receive more enemies, but will not be receiving activates abilities like the 3DS version has.

-3DS is receiving a game mode that allows players to upload their amiibos to amiibos of other players. Winner receives gold and items for winning. Players have the option of saving the replay.

Second trailer

Bomberman is revealed, but won't be released until sometime in 2016.

-First still looks similar to the opening of Pac-man's reveal trailer.
-Multiple screenshots of him just holding bombs or players being blown up. Can't really tell much about his moveset other than it'll involve bombs.
-Recovery might be really really good. One screenshot showed him offscreen near the bottom blastzone of omega wrecking crew. Next shot showed him holding the edge.

That's all I got. Obv not revealing my source, but I can say she/he is definitely credible and has told me more information.I'll be back tomorrow with more info once this has come true. Enjoy the direct tomorrow~

Username is "Thebombs", for future reference (in case the topic is deleted) in case he's right or wrong.
To be fair
I would laugh my ass off if the trailer was like that
It's like something you would see in a 90s cartoon sho-

Wait a minute...

CalebGamer14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CalebGamer14
To be fair
I would laugh my *** off if the trailer was like that
It's like something you would see in a 90s cartoon sho-

Wait a minute...
We don't need King K.Rool in smash 4 he would be low tier.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We don't need King K.Rool in smash 4 he would be low tier.
Caleb...
CalebCalebCaleb...
You're thinking in the wrong box here.
It's not "Would so-and-so be GOOD"...
It's moreso "Would so-and-so be FUN".
Think the Sakurai way.
*Rainbow*
I hope we get this character :094:
Das a good double-post
But Gengar is cool
So +1 for that
- - - - -
Also

Best Bingo Card 2015

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Caleb...
CalebCalebCaleb...
Think the Sakurai way.
*Rainbow*

Das a good double-post
But Gengar is cool
So +1 for that
- - - - -
Also

Best Bingo Card 2015
Love the Spongebob stuff!

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
*fastens tinfoil hat*
But what if they're anticipating some good news for a fellow indie dev...
...Like Yacht Club Games?
Okay, now that I've shared this ridiculous idea, how hard can you slap me in the facial region?
Here:

Tick Tock, Tick Tock.
Can this day go faster please?

Chrono.

Caleb...
CalebCalebCaleb...
Think the Sakurai way.
*Rainbow*

Das a good double-post
But Gengar is cool
So +1 for that
- - - - -
Also
Best Bingo Card 2015
This'll prolly get taken down due to censor dodging :p

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Nirbion made a Bingo card template for the direct.

I'm working on mine now!

D

Deleted member

Direct predictions because I can't make a bingo myself
  • Pokemon Z: Mega Boogaloo
  • Pokken news: another Cosplay Pikachu confirmed
  • FE Fates is confirmed to release in February something and now all units can gay marriage
  • 25 minutes of random Indie EShop titles
  • Weeb EmblemXNot-Etrian Odyssey somehow gets more weeby
  • SMTIV: whatever was the name release date for America confirmed to be June 2016 and Europe gets it on July 2018
  • Literally anything is confirmed as DLC Super Salt Bros and there is a meltdown
  • "We are working on Zelda U"
  • TPHD is even darker and edgier than the original and it's flipped upside down
  • Yokais atrack the Game Freak building and take over Pokemon
  • Nintendo remembers they still have the F-Zero franchise and sells it to EA, removing Captain Falcon from Smash in the new update
  • Sonic Boom Fire and Ice still exists and it's worse than you thought
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X gets a release trailer and ig has memes on it

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I know everyone is excited (and I am too) but please remember the spam rules.

If you haven't, read the Direct Hosting Party OP NOW.
Remember everyone...
  • The best way to express your feelings are through massive gifs, meme generators and MULTIPLE uncollapsed, unspoilered image links
  • Anyone who doesn't share your opinions is wrong and deserves divine punishment
  • You can be a ****, so long as YOU claim to not be salty because you're clearly superior to everyone else
  • Your voice must be heard! Spam every conceivable area that isn't the Direct Hub!
  • As an extra fun activity before, during and after the direct, a hacking contest will take place to see who can hack into and unlock the social thread! Whomever does so may make up to 200 crap posts for the duration of the 24 hours!
  • And most importantly of all, don't forget...
  • You're gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Remember everyone...
  • The best way to express your feelings are through massive gifs, meme generators and MULTIPLE uncollapsed image links
  • Anyone who doesn't share your opinions is wrong and deserves divine punishment
  • You can be a ****, so long as YOU claim to not be salty because you're clearly superior to everyone else
  • Your voice must be heard! Spam every conceivable area that isn't the Direct Hub!
  • As an extra fun activity before, during and after the direct, a hacking contest will take place to see who can hack into and unlock the social thread! Whomever does so may make up to 200 crap posts for the duration of the 24 hours!
Of course because the nintendo direct means the smashboards doomsday.:dazwa:

Last edited:

Chrono.

Remember everyone...
  • The best way to express your feelings are through massive gifs, meme generators and MULTIPLE uncollapsed, unspoilered image links
DarkAura for Mod of the Year, ladies and gentlemen.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yoooo Sakurai retweet HYPE

I can't wait, this is gonna be good.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Enjoy the direct everybody! I'll be stuck at work when it's on, so I'll need to find a hiding place to check my phone periodically hahaha!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Has Sakurai tweeted any directs that didn't have Smash info before?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
NEARLY 7 HOURS TO GO BOYS.
WE'LL RIDE THE HYPE TRAIN INTO THE SUN UNTIL THE SUN AIN'T SHINING NO MORE.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom