• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I think Sakurai would have loaded all veterans into one thing, simply because veterans more than newcomers feel like ''Didn't make base game so we could charge you for them later."

I suppose less so on Roy and Mewtwo giving them skipped an entire game. But Lucas and Wolf would/definitely did have that vibe for some.

And we know Sakurai doesn't want the DLC to fill like it's just ''Oh yeah, here's our after thoughts."
That's a really relative feeling though...

And I really doubt that Sakurai feels that getting a veteran cheapens the experience.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
12 hours ETA people!

My pipe dreams:

Minecraft Wii U....with Mario series costumes! Including Daisy!

Super Mario Wave 2 amiibo announced...which also includes Daisy in Her Dress!

Smash characters are shown, and Daisy in Her Sports Outfit is one of them!

Zelda Wii U re-revealed and it looks stunning...and Daisy from Mario Bros. makes an appearence, completely dominating the plot (and becoming a secret playable character)

Panel de Pon returns....repurposed to Princess Daisy's Puzzle Party! Featuring the sass and flower powers of everyone's most notoriously hated princess, the game will release on the eShop right after the direct! Final boss is spoiled right away: Lip wants her franchise back!

Shibata hands over the presentation to Deanna Mustard, Daisy's voice actor, to present a 10 minute long speech on the history of Daisy. Just how did the phrase "Hi I'm Daisy" come to exist?

To wrap up the direct, a short teaser of Daisy and Rosalina's Galaxy Adventures for the NX is shown, featuring advanced graphics!
Most of this is absolutely guaranteed to not happen, but a memoryman can dream.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
12 hours ETA people!

My pipe dreams:

Most of this is absolutely guaranteed to not happen, but a memoryman can dream.
You're really trying to sell Daisy.

I guess you could say....

You're pushing up Daisys. :troll:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
You're really trying to sell Daisy.

I guess you could say....

You're pushing up Daisys. :troll:
I see that you are interested in my florist marketing skills.

So here's some solid proof that Nintendo are indeed focusing on Daises in the direct, straight from the office. :troll:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I see that you are interested in my florist marketing skills.

So here's some solid proof that Nintendo are indeed focusing on Daises in the direct, straight from the office. :troll:
Literally none of those are daisies....

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know no matter what happens in this direct humanity will basically destroy itself
because of something not being there

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The only thing that I really want very badly to see in the direct is Geno and Mallow Ruterning in a game again, But how many years should would I wait until it happens? :(
Perhaps you can start a Kampaign like K.Rool supporters did.

The Kampaign has two goals.

1. Get K.Rool in Smash.
2. Have him return in the Donkey Kong franchise.

Geno's got enough popularity to take notice.

Worth a shot. Just remember to do so with some tact.

D

Deleted member

Dunno if it was discussed here but Junicho Masuda said on his Twitter to watch the Direct
Pokemon news are inevitable
But how many years should would I wait until it happens? :(
3 eternities, 2 milleniums, 5 centuries, 10 years and 5 minutes

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Perhaps you can start a Kampaign like K.Rool supporters did.

The Kampaign has two goals.

1. Get K.Rool in Smash.
2. Have him return in the Donkey Kong franchise.

Geno's got enough popularity to take notice.

Worth a shot. Just remember to do so with some tact.
We do have these 2 goals but it wasn't extremely huge as it was back in brawl days.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We do have these 2 goals but it wasn't extremely huge as it was back in brawl days.
Hey try finding someone who knows how to be super outgoing and have them run a twitter campaign.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
What is the best way for me to get to the Direct video without seeing spoilers tomorrow? I'll be watching it 8 hours after everyone else.

Is there a direct link on the Nintendo webpage without me seeing spoilers?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What is the best way for me to get to the Direct video without seeing spoilers tomorrow? I'll be watching it 8 hours after everyone else.

Is there a direct link on the Nintendo webpage without me seeing spoilers?
There should be a page on the official Nintendo website for you to see undisturbed if you go straight to the Direct page. Perhaps on the eShop too if images aren't put up all over the place.....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Another thing I don't like about Yokai watch

A yokai can't have the attitude that raises speed UNLESS they have a harmful possession

If you want to have a yokai that you want to be a speedy attacker, they CAN'T have a helpful possession

Why restrict attitudes like that? Pokemon doesn't do it with personalities

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
There should be a page on the official Nintendo website for you to see undisturbed if you go straight to the Direct page. Perhaps on the eShop too if images aren't put up all over the place.....
Thanks. I've bookmarked the American Direct homepage - hopefully the just leave it dated and do not name the video... although I don't think they have in the past.

Also, I'm going to watch the American broadcast even though Australia falls in the Europe zone.

Chrono.

Wait crap

I don't have eShop money

I ended up buying NES Remix 2 which I didn't even end up liking that much in the end -_-

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait crap

I don't have eShop money

I ended up buying NES Remix 2 which I didn't even end up liking that much in the end -_-
Awww I need to go to the store too.

Also, real quick question: for my bingo card...can I include opposites?

I was going to make a Smash-exclusive version, and I might need to contradict myself in order to fill the Bingo card.

For example:
"1 character announced"
"2 characters announced"

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Am I being presumptuous in believing that today will very possibly be a big indicator on total number of characters left? I've long thought that the last character DLC will release in Q1 because of the timing of the ballots finish. So depending on how many characters we get announced today, and when they'll release should give us an indication on whether we're due for just the 3 that have placeholder spots, or if we're going to get more.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Awww I need to go to the store too.

Also, real quick question: for my bingo card...can I include opposites?

I was going to make a Smash-exclusive version, and I might need to contradict myself in order to fill the Bingo card.

For example:
"1 character announced"
"2 characters announced"
Wouldn't the opposite be "no characters announced"?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wouldn't the opposite be "no characters announced"?
Well I don't think that's a possibility considering how long it's been. But yeah I guess so. Just making sure that it's okay to contradict myself in the same bingo sheet.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Another thing I don't like about Yokai watch

A yokai can't have the attitude that raises speed UNLESS they have a harmful possession

If you want to have a yokai that you want to be a speedy attacker, they CAN'T have a helpful possession

Why restrict attitudes like that? Pokemon doesn't do it with personalities
It certainly is an interesting situation.

With that said, you can still have a Speedy Spirit attacker at the very least. And if you have the right equipment and have Charming bonuses, that could also help with it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Well I don't think that's a possibility considering how long it's been. But yeah I guess so. Just making sure that it's okay to contradict myself in the same bingo sheet.
I mean, it's just acknowledgement of that faint possibility. After that Sakurai tweet about the Direct I'm convinced we're getting Smashed with news, but still worth including, you know?

Chrono.

I know everyone already knows this by now but
This advert explicitly describes the Nintendo characters as "3 guests" right the bottom, further cementing the theory that we aren't getting anymore Ninty characters (unless DLC)

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so movie 2 of yokaiwatch is actually going to be 5 self contained episodes

and wow....just wow
Keita Amano is just an average kid you’d find on the streets. But one day, he falls into an open manhole and dies. In the Netherworld, he visits yo-kai city office and officially becomes a yo-kai named Fuu2, whose power is to make anybody extremely average in all aspects. Fuu2 meets Yuto Arima, a boy genius who excels in all kinds of sports and always gets perfect scores on exams. But it turns out even Yuto has a small problem. Will Fuu2 be able to help out his human friend?

Chrono.

and wow....just wow
Keita Amano is just an average kid you’d find on the streets. But one day, he falls into an open manhole and dies. In the Netherworld, he visits yo-kai city office and officially becomes a yo-kai named Fuu2, whose power is to make anybody extremely average in all aspects. Fuu2 meets Yuto Arima, a boy genius who excels in all kinds of sports and always gets perfect scores on exams. But it turns out even Yuto has a small problem. Will Fuu2 be able to help out his human friend?
We Danny Phantom now?
Granted, DP only technically half-dies

Strofirko

Smash Master

and wow....just wow
Welp at least this one throws all the coma conspiracies on the trash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

and wow....just wow
You know YW is Japanese when they have weird plots like this

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Yo we making Bingo sheets? We should all play Direct Bingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom