• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'll be omw home from school when the direct starts so I guess I'm off for a while. hopefully when I return a certain knight of shovelry will join the battle

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
And I'm just here wondering where's Princess Daisy.
You and me both kid, you and me both.

So who else is excited at the prospect of devising redstone contraptions on their Nintendo consoles? I sure am!

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Found some fancy headphones lying around
It even has a MICROPHONE!
~Xander Mobus

So that's cool
I can watch the direct with fancy headphones n' listen to smooth sounds
Yeahuh :4roy:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The Nintendo gods are smiling upon me.

They don't need me at work today.

Meaning I can watch the Direct... DIRECTLY.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm hoping for a delayed crashboards. Like. The hype surging through everyones bodies disables anyone from posting for a brief period of time. Like. I feel like I'll be hysterical for a good 20 minutes to an hour after the direct ends depending on what they close with.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
There's one thing that's bothering me...

Doesn't Smash's online go down for matinance when big updates come?
Because there's no scheduled matinance for Smash...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Well samurai retweeted for the direct. Omg I can't take it anymore! Please don't let me down sakurai!!!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I have a feeling that this direct could top the one in April.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm suddenly understanding why Cartman wanted to freeze himself in that episode of South Park.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Any of you folks wanna Smash?

I went on For Glory to build hype and then remembered why I stopped playing For Glory. :V

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
So, if Twilight Princess is getting an HD remake then what are the odds that Skyward Sword may get one, thoughts?
Well, the same thing that leaked Twilight Princess HD also leaked an eShop listing for Skyward Sword on the Virtual Console. So, I would say the chances of it are pretty low.

Last edited:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
1. Don't be silly, that's the olden days

2. Y'all don't realize the insane traffic we get when big Smash news happen
The work done on the new revamped SmashBoards is great! The Daisy support thread would crash the site everytime someone tried to edit it before, but now it's bigger and better than ever! Thanks!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Smash logo flashes.

A shovel plunges into the dirt - once, twice.

It's him, the guy. Just diggin' a hole.

"Shovel Knight digs in!"

Splat. An orange blot of ink appears on his helmet. He touches it with his gauntlet, gets some ink on his hand, inspects it. Suddenly, he's pelted with ink. Startled, he brandishes his shovel, deflecting some of the shots with the blade.

The camera whirls around. It's them.

"Inklings aren't squiddin' around!"

Mario and the crew crest a hill and find Shovel Knight fending off eight separate Inklings. The ground is positively soaked with ink.

Mario beckons for them to join them. Bowser does his weird, goofy lockjawed grin he seems to always be doing in Smash cinematics. Shovel Knight and the Inkling stop, look at each other, and shrug. They walk toward them.

Camera jumps to behind Mario and crew and pans down as they turn around. The look down at a large bomb that rolls gently through the grass, coming to rest at their feet. The fuse is lit. They do that weird anime thing where the screen cuts into eight separate windows with different characters expressing variations of surprise. The bomb framed in the center. It explodes. Fade to white.

The smoke begins to clear. Mario picks his hat off the ground, puts it on, and looks around. A silhouette of a boxy-headed dude with an antenna on his head and quite possibly a red scarf stands statuesque. The smoke clears more.

It's the other guy.

"Bomberman blows away the competition!"

Leemak and I squeal our giddy heads off.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash logo flashes.

"Shovel Knight digs in!"

Splat. An orange blot of ink appears on his helmet. He touches it with his gauntlet, gets some ink on his hand, inspects it. Suddenly, he's pelted with ink. Startled, he brandishes his shovel, deflecting some of the shots with the blade.

Mario and the crew crest a hill and find Shovel Knight fending off eight separate Inklings. The ground is positively soaked with ink.

Mario beckons for them to join them. Bowser does his weird, goofy lockjawed grin he seems to always be doing in Smash cinematics. Shovel Knight and the Inkling stop, look at each other, and shrug. They walk toward them.

Camera jumps to behind Mario and crew and pans down as they turn around. The look down at a large bomb that rolls gently through the grass, coming to rest at their feet. The fuse is lit. They do that weird anime thing where the screen cuts into eight separate windows with different characters expressing variations of surprise, with the bomb framed in the center. It explodes. Fade to white.

The smoke begins to clear. Mario picks his hat off the ground, puts it on, and looks around. A silhouette of a boxy-headed dude with an antenna on his head and quite possibly a red scarf stands statuesque. The smoke clears more.

It's the other guy.

And then Smashboards dies. Sounds about right.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we finally got that retweet! Looks like my statement that this will be the biggest direct is coming together...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Smash logo flashes.

"Shovel Knight digs in!"

Camera jumps to behind Mario and crew and pans down as they turn around. The look down at a large bomb that rolls gently through the grass, coming to rest at their feet. The fuse is lit. They do that weird anime thing where the screen cuts into eight separate windows with different characters expressing variations of surprise. The bomb framed in the center. It explodes. Fade to white.

It's the other guy.

...And then, you woke up. :p

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
I'll be omw home from school when the direct starts so I guess I'm off for a while. hopefully when I return a certain knight of shovelry will join the battle
The look on everyone's face if Sakurai starts the direct with a shovel, a lamp, a DK barrel, and a model Wolfen ship in the background!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bingo cards, eh? For fairness, I'm sticking with the one I made the other day.

...The one that doesn't have Minecraft U and includes King of Hyrule's trailer.

I'm going hard mode now. :laugh:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I can't wait for Metroid Federation information.:samus:

:troll: jokes on all of you since I actually like the game...

D

Deleted member

And then The Heavy showed up to beat up little babies in little baby fighting game.

D

Deleted member

While I love to make Bingo sheets for Nintendo's E3, I'm not risking making one for this Direct.
What's the risk? You being wrong?
It's not like the Yakuza are going to chop off your fingers if you don't make a correct prediction or something.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can't wait for Metroid Federation information.:samus:

:troll: jokes on all of you since I actually like the game...
I am maybe one of the only person on the earth that was actually happy at the annoucemend of Federation Force. Yeah, i'm maybe a weirdo but hey, i prefer we got something related to Metroid than nothing.
Sl1z9fy.gif

But then again, i tend to like some weird stuff. So hey, i don't know.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I'm so glad I have school and a project to hold me over 'till 5:00. This wait is agonizing...

I'm honestly stumped as to what the new character(s) could be, if we get one even. I'll just say, if Snake appears anywhere, I'll probably be on the verge of crying tears of joy. Then get hyped about every other game they announce.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of Directs and games...

Speaking of Directs, we haven't had pointless bets that we all will regret later...
I bet we'll get Twilight Princess HD. Loser(s) changes their avi for a week.
Who's with me?
I feel it's time we shook up the thread a bit.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I am maybe one of the only person on the earth that was actually happy at the annoucemend of Federation Force. Yeah, i'm maybe a weirdo but hey, i prefer we got something related to Metroid than nothing.
View attachment 82516
But then again, i tend to like some weird stuff. So hey, i don't know.
That is why we will make our team on Federation Force together! Fight the world. :bee:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
What's the risk? You being wrong?
It's not like the Yakuza are going to chop off your fingers if you don't make a correct prediction or something.
To me Directs are harder to predict than E3 plus the long hiatus of no Directs will most likely make it even harder.

But also I don't feeling like making one today.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That is why we will make our team on Federation Force together! Fight the world. :bee:
I don't know if i will buy the game. With the little information we have. There isn't alot of thing for say to me.

"Oh gosh!! I need it!"

But hey, i still support the game. Nintendo could prove to all of us that Federation Force could be a actually a great game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Wii U and Nintendo Direct are Trending on Twitter!
Screenshot (29).png

The Hype Is real!

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey PushDustIn PushDustIn

Ever thought about having you guys' podcasts on another format as well so I can listen to them offline and when I'm on my phone/MP3?

Just asking?

Didn't we get Crashboards when the Super Mario Maker stage was announced?
We will offer the podcast in Mp3 format. The goal is to set up an rss feed and make it subscribable in ITunes. We are working on setting some things up before we start that approval process. Sorry that it's taking awhile but we are aware and working towards that goal!!

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm still super butt hurt that the day I start my new job is the day of the return of Nintendo Directs. What timing!

Speaking of time we don't know how long the direct is going to be, do we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom