• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
...They're pronouncing Nopon differently than they did in Xenoblade Chronicles.

WHY CAN LOCALIZATION TEAMS NEVER STAY CONSISTENT WITH CRAP LIKE THIS. Ugh, it's insignificant yeah, but it's also irritating.
because one was the uk localization and the other is the us.......ya xeno 1 was 100% uk and X is a us localization and can we really expect VA's to have played xeno 1

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
because one was the uk localization and the other is the us.......ya xeno 1 was 100% uk and X is a us localization and can we really expect VA's to have played xeno 1
Okay, that's...

A really good point actually.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The NA localisation team could at least have done a Hermoine Granger and said "It's not No-pon it's Nop-on!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I always pronounced it as "No- Pon."

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Hm.. the 16th is when Star Wars comes out in Theatres right? Why would anyone air their broadcast then?
I thought it comes out the day after. But even if they are the same day, NDs usually occur earlier in the evening, generally around 5-6pm EST, whereas the movie show time will probably be closer to midnight.

And while I'm a big Star Wars fan, I'm really not feeling into the hype just yet, and most of my buddies would rather go on a night its not packed.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
With Disney looking to milk Star Wars for all its worth, this will probably be the last big Star Wars film in terms of hype. They're going to be pumping them out every year for the foreseeable future and without starving fans of the films, they will become complacent with them.

finalark

SNORLAX
With Disney looking to milk Star Wars for all its worth, this will probably be the last big Star Wars film in terms of hype. They're going to be pumping them out every year for the foreseeable future and without starving fans of the films, they will become complacent with them.
I'm actually a little sad about this. The fact that a new Star Wars film is such a rare and wonderful occurrence is part of the fun IMO. My biggest fear is that it's going to be like the Marvel movies. They become so common place and samey that you have a real hard time getting hyped for them.

That being said, I can't wait for Doctor Strange to get his own movie. Then I can die happy.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So my dream for tonight went to a point where I was playing Fire Emblem Warriors and later witnessing a Youtube video of Zero's English voice in Fates. When I was about to post it here, I ended up waking up and going, "But, wasn't I just...". Is this what happens when anticipation and not-so-patient waiting(and doing hours of Hyrule Warriors in recent days) gets to you?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I woke up in the middle of the night sick, and I realized I need to set an alarm so I can get up on time and call in sick for work

But I don't know where my phone is, and I'm sick.

I know I must have it somewhere because I got a text message from my mom on the way home

Unless I left my car unlocked and someone jacked it while I was sleeping

Edit: I found it, this is why you don't look for things tired and sick

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I started writing this update last night
Sleeping is the greatest break a person can have
Now that I can use Cut outside of battle, I think it's time to check on that Old Chateau on the forest
But who will learn Cut?
Hmm... here, be bound to this HM for 4 badges, Sonomura, you need a better STAB move because Quick Attack ain't working

Eterna Forest
Okay, so this was the plac-- Gardenia what are you doing here!?
♡Oh, you see, hmph, after our battle, I kinda felt down so I came here to, hmph, have some fun!♡
Oh no, I have Opossum in the party's first slot! Opossum, my baby, don't look!
>Opossum learned Grass Knot!
(It is too late, mommy, I have seen everything!)
Oh god, no!
♡♡Well, I'm off, I have important "gym" business to take care of♡♡
Poor Opossum, he can't even evolce and now he has see-- wait, did you just talk?
(Anyone with a strong bond with their Pokemon can hear them talk)
Wait, so does that mean you're close to evolving? But that also means I'll have to portray the Pokemon as characters. I know! I'll just give then all a line to define their personalities!
(Smth smth Chrom)
(*has thread title idea**remembers he's not a mod anymore*)
(FUND INDIVISIBLE)
(Smth smth Fiora)
(Tumblr)
(*flat joke goes here*)
There, I think that defines each member perfectly! Oh yeah, and the boxed mons too!
(*worships Yuri*)
(*makes flat joke*)
There, I think that sets it up nicely, let's go to the obviously haunted mansion

Old Chateau
>Ancient runes cover the walls
>VYEGRC WXEC BTVFMT MYE VKVAIXJT IKRICXI TWX NOGEU HPL VVTK JETG
This room has nothing, what kind of person doesn't leave their items on the ground for others to pick up?
(Are you literally looting this place? Don't you think that might be disrespectful to whoever once lived in here?)-Swamp
It's 2015, everything is disrespectful, I don't see a problem
(I have to agree with Swamp here)
W-wait, who said that?
(It was me)
*turns around*
Oh. My. God! Frosty-sama!
(What!?)
Let me catch you, Frosty-sama!
>Ghastly used Mean Look!
Wow r00d
A Great Ball because Frosty-sama is great!
>Gotcha! Ghastly was caught!
Aww, Frosty-sama doesn't fit, I'll just put Frostwaith then
(*weebs over some anime*)
Frostwaith(male) Lv. 15
Naive nature(so innocent)
Dec. 4, 2015
Old Chateau
Met at Lv. 15.

Proud of its power anime knowledge.
Likes sweet food.

Ability: Levitate
Spite/Mean Look/Curse/Night Shade

Partner: single(no one touches Frosty-sama >:3)
Let's keep looting this place
>Found Old Gateau
Ha get it? Old Gateau in the Old Chateau
>Ancient runes cover the walls
>1-5-12-9-11 7-3-16-10-11 12-25-8-25-16-23-25
>Found TM90 Substitute
Oh god, it's his body!
I guess that's it for this place
L E A V E
Didn't you hear me? I said I was done with this place. Man, some ghosts can be quite stupid
D O N ' T C O M E B A C K

Team Galactic HQ
Tree cut threes? Man, they are really trying with this security system
So, I hear Team Gaga is stealing Pokemon from innocent people, let's stop their evil schemes!
!Stop right there!
I'm sorry, I surrender!
!What are you doing? It's me, Looker. As an Inernational Police agent, I have to be a master of disguise too!
Oh, sorry, these updates only started some time after you were last seen. So, what's up?
!You see, Team Gaga is using the stolen Pokemon for something... EVIL! And we must stop them!
Alright let's to this!
!Wait! There are two stairs! Only one of them must be the right one, the other must be a trap, but kno--!
Wait, did you just say "trap"?
Which one is it? The one with no security at all or the one heavily guarded by two grunts?
*goes through the empty one*
*is the right one*
Alright, I can't get this one right!
*gets the right one*
Argh!
Okay, but now it must definitely be the one with just a scientist!
*right one again*
GOD****INGDAMNIT
=So you're the trainer who is here to "free" these Pokemon?=
Honestly, I don't even know how I got up here
=You must have been mislead beca--=
I don't want to hear all your evil bull****, let's fight already!
=Do you even know what you are fighting for?=
=What are you waiting? Send out your Pokemon!=
I'm just thinking if I should make a joke or two about this
=*sigh=

Vs. Jupiter
>You are challenged by Team Gaga Admin Jupiter
>Admin Jupiter sent out Zubat
>Go! Oni333!
>Oni used Spark and ****ing killed the Zubat
=That Pokemin was just donated to us!=
Yeah, "donated" after you beat up it and its trainer
=You really don't know what's going on, do you?=
I know enough, I know you guys are EVIL
>Admin Jupiter sent out Skuntank
>Lv.23
See, only someone EVIL would have an underleveled Pokemon
=Is Lance, the Champion of Johto, "EVIL"?=
You can bet my ass he is
>Go! Teh Anna!
(Don't you think that you shouldn't be using me as the answer for everything?)
I don't pay you for you to judge my battle tactics
(You don't even pay me though you probably should)
I'm sorry, but I don't give money to my roommates
(Roommate? We're not roommates, what does tha--nevermind I get it)
>Teh Anna used Magnitude
>Skuntank ate the Sitrus Berry
>Skuntank used Screech! Teh Anna's defense harshly fell!
This can't be good
>Skuntank used Night Slash! It dealt a ****ton of damage
>Teh Anna used Magnitude! A critical hit! Skuntank fainted!
>Player defeated Admin Jupiter
Well, that was anti-climatic

=Ugh, you indeed are an annoying one, even then, we already got what we came for=
After Gardenia the word came only means one thing to me...
=Just consider what you're actually fighting for=
...I fight fo--
(Say it and you die)
=Smoke Bomb Ex Machina go!=
Oh, she escaped, great!

)Is this the place to donate Pokemon?(
Are you the Bike Shop manager?
)Uh, yes, why do yoy ask?(
I JUST SAVED YOU, NOW YOU LWE ME A BIKE! I'll meet youvat the shop, my bile better be ready
)Uh, what!? Your logic doesn't make sense(
Neither does 90% of this region! Now let's go, what are you waiting for?
)...(
)I'm waiting for my friends(

Also, for the current topic, I celevrate Christmas here even though I'm agnostic(though it's not like my parents care about that)
But I don't mind, most of these holidays have been consumed by capitalism and I like it
Though I've always been curious about other Christmas-esque holidays, so I second Swamp in that I would like to know about them aswell

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I really hate the fact holidays have been consumed by capitalism, religious or otherwise

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anybody else upset that we haven't had a Zelda game with this character yet?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Man, the method of recruiting party members is bothering me. You actually have to go out and find them, and they apparently have a schedule when they are out or not. And NLA is huge. It is actually tempting to look up their schedules and locations, but I've come so far without spoilers I'm not stopping now.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
So Europe gets Battle network 5 on the wii u virtual console. No one else. How did this happen?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If/When 5mash comes around, who would you like to see or think would be likely as newcomers? Strictly Nintendo since there's so many different routes 3rd-parties could take (as evidenced by pretty much all of them haha). I would go with:

Toad
Bandana Dee
Inklings
FE Fates character/Anna
Xenoblade X character
King K. Rool
Savvy Stylist
Wonder Red
Advance Wars character (Andy/Sami)
Isaac
Medusa
Takamaru
Sukapon
Anthony Higgs (Samus-ZSS hybrid semi-clone)
Impa (Sheik-Ike hybrid semi-clone)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi-clone)
Alph (Olimar semi-clone)
Isabelle (Villager semi-clone)

This is a mixture between wants and likeliness, but it overall gives a pretty good spread. Impa and Anthony Higgs would be "gateway semi-clones", qualifying just barely for the definition since they combine aspects of two different veterans. Savvy Stylist and Sukapon would be the unexpected WFT and DHD characters that are respectively a big modern franchise rep and a retro Nintendo rep. Takamaru would be the retro rep, while Dixie, Alph, and Isabelle would all receive the clone/semi-clone treatment to be playable characters due to their popularity. I don't personally know who from XCX would be included (though I figure it'd prob alt be Elma), and an FE Fates character could be included, but I'd rather personally see Anna as one of the mainstay franchise mascots that's appeared in every game and is popular.

Impa is a semi-clone in the sense that she'd take a lot of inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors moveset, which basically puts her as a Sheik-Ike hybrid with the giant sword and being a ninja.

Anthony Higgs I basically see as balance between Samus and Zamus that uses ice moves. Gives him just enough differentiation while still being able to take the majority of his moveset from theirs.

Wolf would return, Lucina would be decloned, Dark Pit would get the semi-clone treatment a la Luigi/Ganondorf/Falco/etc.
Just gonna throw it out there, but I really don't think Isabelle has to be a clone/semi-clone at all.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I could certainly imagine Animal Crossing expanding in terms of characters as Nintendo seems to have promoted it to the big time with it's own amiibo set and everything.

splat

Smash Lord
If it wasn't for me getting sick at work I'd be celebrating Sinterklaas, a Christmas-y celebration which was actually before Santa iirc. My mother and sister are celebrating it, but I'm in bed
Sinterklaas came before Santa Claus, indeed! The name Santa Claus is actually based on Sinterklaas.

Beterschap! ;)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Most SSB5 rosters seem to be written under the impression that the game is going to be out in the next year or so.

You've gotta remember that there's a pretty huge gap between each Smash, with the exception of 64 and Melee. Brawl came out roughly 7 years after Melee, and SSB4 came out roughly 6 years after Brawl. Unless they go with an expanded port of SSB4, I don't think the NX's inevitable Smash title will pop up until late in the console's lifespan.

Something to keep in mind is what games will still be relevant by then? What games will receive new installments? We'll probably have another non-Fates Fire Emblem by then. We'll have Zelda Wii U by then, and Hyrule Warriors will likely be all but forgotten. And given its commercial failure and not-very-bright future, I think Wonderful 101 would be lucky to get trophies again in SSB5, let alone a playable character.

Lasting appeal is of the utmost importance. A character like Inkling is basically 100% guaranteed. Characters like Wonder Red, HW Impa, and Corrin likely aren't going to stand the test of time.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anyone who thinks we'll see SSB5 before 2020 may be fooling themselves.

:ohwell:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
PSX huh?
Honestly only care for Persona, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Attack on Titan, Horizon and Nier.
Hope they have some Dark Souls 3 stuff on show though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only thing I will say regarding Smash 5 is that if Captain Toad, Inklings, and Codename STEAM reps don't get into Smash 4 as DLC, then I think they are safe bets for the next game.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The only thing I will say regarding Smash 5 is that if Captain Toad, Inklings, and Codename STEAM reps don't get into Smash 4 as DLC, then I think they are safe bets for the next game.
I don't see anyone from Codename STEAM being a safe bet for SSB5.
The game had merely decent reviews and it sold awfully.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
PSX huh?
Honestly only care for Persona, Ratchet and Clank, Final Fantasy, Attack on Titan, Horizon and Nier.
Hope they have some Dark Souls 3 stuff on show though.
Ditto on Persona, Dark Souls, and AoT.

But I seriously hope I can access the hardest mode from the start in the new AoT game. If I'm not getting eaten by every other Titan, it won't feel authentic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom