• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
So PSX is happening in a little under an hour huh?

Is there a livestream link or something we can access?

Edit: Nvm, it got posted already. Thanks!

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really hope they show Fun/Fan today.

He was so ridiculously over the top in his sound files that I just can't wait to see what he LOOKS like.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
If you don't live up to expectations, then it will leave a bad mark that you ripped off people.
That already happened with Schafer but for some reason people didn't learn
I really hope they show Fun/Fan today.

He was so ridiculously over the top in his sound files that I just can't wait to see what he LOOKS like.
Does this mean he's your husbando? I actually have a theory about Fan. Rashid said he was looking for his friend, right? What if Fan's said friend, but brainwashed by Shadaloo or something?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Same people hating on Psyconaughts 2 crowdfunding I remember throwing their money at Yooka-Laylee 6 months ago lmfao
Hey! I've been hating on crowdfunding before it got cool! I haven't contributed to a single crowd funding as I'm unwilling to trust most of the developers who have asked (most are unproven). Indivisible would have been one that I would have contributed to as I think the team did a great job handling Skull Girls.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so I'm doing something pretty neat. An EVENT! of sorts. It's December, the end of the year, and we're all about games. So this was only natural. I'll be holding three polls for this week's entirety revolving around Nintendo's Game of the Year. It's the Nintenzone, after all, so only games made by Nintendo themselves will be included. There will also be an amiibo line-of-the-year poll. You can find the polls below!

For the poll for 3DS Nintendo GOTY, go here.
For the poll for Wii U Nintendo GOTY, go here.
For the poll for amiibo-line-of-the-year, go here. Note that the Smash line isn't here because it started in 2014.

As well, if you have a write-in vote, just quote this post and it'll be added to my tally. Let's see what we as a thread choose. :p

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I've been thinking. If we could change 1 thing about ourselves, what would it be? It can be anything, looks, behaviour, fame, fortune, health, blablabla
I would like to have higher self-esteem
Everyone of my friends say I'm good looking but I can never believe them, nor can I look at my own pics because I don't think I look good on them despite everyone saying the opposite
And I guess it would also help me confess to my crush

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I met Schafer at a small afterparty he threw at Pax. He's a cool dude. Really seemed to enjoy talking with his fans about his games. He came across as really humble.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Hey! I've been hating on crowdfunding before it got cool! I haven't contributed to a single crowd funding as I'm unwilling to trust most of the developers who have asked (most are unproven). Indivisible would have been one that I would have contributed to as I think the team did a great job handling Skull Girls.
Oh yeah I completely get it.

I just find it funny that people just berating Psyconaughts 2, a game many people have been anticipating for years, were the exact ones praising Playtonic's model earlier this year.

I'm fine with crowdfunding. I don't support projects anymore than 5 bucks usually. But I'm not gonna give tons of money towards a project that may not happen.

What I appreciate about Psyconaughts 2 plan is that they recognize that 3.5 Million dollars won't fund their game. Games cost a lot more than that. They need that part of the budget through crowdfunding to attract more investors. I appreciate when campaigns recognize that instead of assuming that they can make a huge game for just 5 Million Dollars. Games cost a ton more than that.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Still don't have a PS4 (Dad has one though) but I'll tune in to see what they show. I have some knowledge on the games coming out, but there may be other announcements we don't know about (Which is what I'm assuming will be shown).

How likely would a sequel to PSASBR be? I'd say extremely unlikely, due to the studios going under, but that would probably surprise people. Also, how many of the base fighters for Street Fighter V need to be announced? I know the DLC got leaked, but isn't it a character named Zed?

Soul.

For a Smash 5 or 6 or whatever I'll keep on hoping for another handheld version considering NX would likely have easier development in general with its "same architecture" thing on both console and handheld.

Potential characters I really don't care much soooooo yeah.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I met Schafer at a small afterparty he threw at Pax. He's a cool dude. Really seemed to enjoy talking with his fans about his games. He came across as really humble.
How'd you get invited to an after party at Pax?
I also didn't know there was such a thing lol.
Hello everyone,

I'm back from the urgent care, sorry i didn't respond last night as when I got home I went straight to bed. I have some muscle strain and inflammation around my hips and my right knee. I haven't even been doing any strenuous exercise, which is odd. If anything I think very uncomfortable work chairs were the largest contributor. I should be ok, just gotta rest and take medicine and try to cut down on sodium in my diet. Which may be hard for work as the cheapest lunches to buy are chips. :c

But I'll be fine.
Good to see you back, I hope you can rest and get well soon!

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd definitely say it's worth picking up, especially since it's basically half price through Amazon, too. More like Code Name: S.T.E.A.L. amirite? :p

Honestly the thing everyone points to is the sales, but honestly...when has that really mattered? I admit it could be a case for, say, Henry Fleming not being DLC, since DLC needs to be bought separate, but for another game down the line? Not a problem at all.

For the record, Captain Toad is probably the only other Mario character barring maybe Waluigi (where does Sakurai stand on the whole Mario vs Wario character thing again? I vaguely remember Waluigi being listed in Wario's series in the April Direct) I can see being added down the line, so I think he's a good bet for next Smash at least, whenever that may be.
It's cheap at a lot of places I think, but I am not prioritising playing games right now since I feel like I have my hands full in terms of games I have to play that I already own. And of course, Smash DLC is on the horizon. I also have to do some Christmas shopping soon and I have not got a lot of money so I'm holding off on buying anything for myself until after Christmas, with the exception of Smash DLC and the Shovel Knight Amiibo (I don't even have the game yet but I want make sure I secure the Amiibo at least).

And yeah I don't think STEAM will get a fighter as DLC in Smash 4, just because the DLC for this game seems based around generally popular/iconic or highly demanded characters. But that doesn't matter for a sequel since the STEAM character/s would be part of a whole game package with other, more popular fighters, meaning they don't have to worry about being sold alone and Nintendo doesn't lose anything by including them. If anything, they could gain something, since it could make these characters more popular and encourage a sequel to STEAM, if not promote one that may be in development by that time.

Captain Toad has a lot of potential and has enough notoriety to be a Smash rep, especially given that most people who have been asking for a Toad for years will probably find Captain Toad to be just as good (he's literally a member of the Toad species that just so happens to actually be a distinct character with his own traits). I also think him and Toadette (whom I would want to be an alt for him) are on their way to becoming mainstays like Rosalina, and they have their own game too which is a very unique merit for them. There actually was a slight teaser for Captain Toad being in Smash at some Japanese Nintendo event too, so I think it's only a matter of time for him.

Hello everyone,

I'm back from the urgent care, sorry i didn't respond last night as when I got home I went straight to bed. I have some muscle strain and inflammation around my hips and my right knee. I haven't even been doing any strenuous exercise, which is odd. If anything I think very uncomfortable work chairs were the largest contributor. I should be ok, just gotta rest and take medicine and try to cut down on sodium in my diet. Which may be hard for work as the cheapest lunches to buy are chips. :c

But I'll be fine.
That sounds similar to something my uncle came down with.

Hope you can recover from it all the same though!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
When it comes to crowdfunding, I want 3 things.
1: A taste of what's to come! Yooka Laylee and Indivisible would have gotten money from me because they showed what they have so far, and it looks very promising, by showing what you have so far, people will be able to decide if they want to support
2: Trustworthyness. It goes without saying you need trust when asking money. Inafune gained trust due to him being a character designer for Mega Man. That's not enough! Playtonic, Shovel Knight, Shantae HGH, Bloodstained and Indivisible gained trust because of the developers having a good, but also in most cases, recent track record. Tim Schafer doesn't have this as his last 2 games bombed, one of which coincidentally was made by crowdfunding and he got 9 times more than he asked.
3: Be nice! YCG, Lab Zero, Playtonic and Wayforward are pretty nice, don't do anything controversial and seem to care a lot about their products. This is where Mighty No.9 and Broken Age go. MN9 had the infamous Diana incident and another 2 kickstarters, one for DLC, which was a turn off for many, and Broken Age had Tim Schafer go 'MUNEEEEEEH! I HEZ MUNEEEEEEEEH!' instead of doing something useful with their time and money

Chrono.

That already happened with Schafer but for some reason people didn't learn

Does this mean he's your husbando? I actually have a theory about Fan. Rashid said he was looking for his friend, right? What if Fan's said friend, but brainwashed by Shadaloo or something?
Rashid's friend is called Azam and he was kidnapped by Shadaloo, so Fan's likely the one who did the kidnapping in the first place :p

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I didn't think that you could define so much of my online persona with so few words. . . but there it is.
Just missing a Viridi reference.
It's a fighting game/RPG/Platformer.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU WANT.

D

Deleted member

Y'know, I've been thinking. If we could change 1 thing about ourselves, what would it be? It can be anything, looks, behaviour, fame, fortune, health, blablabla
Easiest question in the world for me: Looks.

I want to be a femboy, so to speak. :p I'm already pretty handsome as everyone tells me, but the thing is that the only things that are holding me back are parents(Mostly my Dad who I'm seperated from now anyway.) and hair length.(Man, my hair used to be long, of course it was cut before I confessed to my Mom.)

D

Deleted member

Easiest question in the world for me: Looks.

I want to be a femboy, so to speak. :p I'm already pretty handsome as everyone tells me, but the thing is that the only things that are holding me back are parents(Mostly my Dad who I'm seperated from now anyway.) and hair length.(Man, my hair used to be long, of course it was cut before I confessed to my Mom.)
Oh yeah, and I guess this too! :p

Chrono.

Color me interested SE.

I understand the change from Turn-Based to Action, modern gamers would complain about it all day.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Final Fantasy 7 remake looked really really really slick.

Cloud's a little too scrawny looking though.

D

Deleted member

Hmmmm, never played a FF game in my life.... Looks like that just might change. Good thibg I got a PS4 recently.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Get better quickly, Rie. :)

The Irony in this is amazing!
The one in charge of the Twitter account must be snickering. :p

---------------------------------------------

So I voted on Opo's GOTY poll. This year's 3DS offerings have been a bit below the notch, honestly.

:231:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Open with Uncharted and Final Fantasy 7 remake.

Move on to Call of Duty.

Talk about a quick fizzle.

*Opens PSX*
*immediae crying man*
lmao
I had no idea Jessie was a girl. I thought everyone in Avalanche was a dude. Whoops >_>
gameplay looks interesting and graphics look great. Barret's design doesn't look absurd. I hope they let him still be over the top and silly and not just a grit master.

. . . IS THAT ************ WEARING A CRASH SHIRT. DONT TAUNT ME LIKE THIS YOU ASSHOLE

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Im really glad they're changing the combat system.

If I really prefer that gameplay, I can just play the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom