• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
"Picasso had this saying. 'Good artists copy, great artists steal," and we have always been shameless about stealing great ideas." - Steve Jobs 1996
"I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Steve Jobs 2010

In other words: "Good artists steal, but not from me."
The loss aversion complex is reeeeeeeaaaaaaallllll.

D

Deleted member

Well, to be fair, that is quite the year gap. Still funny though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
So how did you guys feel about Rocket League beating out Undertale last night?

I was pleasantly surprised. Rocket League is very fun actually and I've yet to play Undertale.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Kind glad I don't own X just now.
Got a huge Workload I need to get done and if I had the game there would probably be no hope of the work getting done.
Mind you I am so excited to finally get my hands on the game.
Then I can roam the vast world.
Which Is something I rather enjoy doing in these type of games that have huge worlds.
I'm in a similar boat, but I have the game now anyways. It'll just be a matter of restraint.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, to be fair, that is auite a year gap.
To be fair nothin'. That's selfish as heck, even if he didn't realize he'd said the opposite.
IP is a load of bologna anyways, just ppl tryna put their competition down.
I'm in a similar boat, but I have the game now anyways. It'll just be a matter of restraint.
Do your best, you two @DoodleDuck97. The more self control we have, the better our lives.

Khoru

Smash Champion

I was pleasantly surprised. Rocket League is very fun actually and I've yet to play Undertale.
like i said earlier, it's generally unsurprising because of the nature of the game awards
rocket league's also multiplat and pretty popular on twitch etc? so yeah
i'd wager that undertale will be "more important" in the long run but i understand it

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
now my vote is for yoshi mitsu....because reasons

now then lets take a look at 5 other 3rd party characters who COULD get in for each company
*ill be using all the arbitrary fan rules for this so no sonic characters, no capcom characters, no mii costumes ect ect*

Nights (Nights into dreams)
Joe Musashi (shinobi)
Bahn (fighting vipers)
Ulala (space channel 5)
Aiai (super monkey ball)
Beat (jet set radio)

Nightmare (soul calibur)
Wonder Momo (wonder momo)
Bravo man (bravo man)
Toby "kissy" Masuyo (Baraduke & mr driller)
Jin Kazama (tekken)

Erdrick/Loto (Dragon quest 3...yes thats his english and japanese name)
Chrono (chrono trigger)
Laura Croft (tomb raider)
Lenneth (valkyrie profile)
Neku (the world ends with you)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I chose Nightmare, cause Soul Calibur is heavily underrated compared to it's bigger sibling Tekken and Nightmare is awesome. Too bad Namco screwed over the SCV developers in favor of SF X Tekken.

And no Guilty Gear? For shame! And yes, Guilty Gear has been on a Nintendo system.
If we're talking fighting game representation for Namco... I'd go with Yoshimitsu. Tekken AND SC rep. Plus I love that character and he'd have a truly bizarre and unique moveset that's kind of hard imagining being translated to Smash.

False alarm apparently, thank you good ol' Chugga!
Got XCX myself and I haven't even started it yet. This an easy mistake to avoid?

Also, I haven't bothered to check yet, but is it true that you can change your avatar significantly in game after the initial creation? Asking since the lack of multiple save files means I might play around with my character in my one file if I can. Otherwise, getting it right in character creation the first time will be all the more important.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I was surprised but I haven't played either so I can't say it was pleasant or unpleasant.
What didn't surprise me (even though I wanted Bloodborne to win) was Witcher 3 winning GOTY.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My Fighting game character pick was easily Fulgore. Although Scorpion or Sub-Zero would be amazing too.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Got XCX myself and I haven't even started it yet. This an easy mistake to avoid?

Also, I haven't bothered to check yet, but is it true that you can change your avatar significantly in game after the initial creation? Asking since the lack of multiple save files means I might play around with my character in my one file if I can. Otherwise, getting it right in character creation the first time will be all the more important.
You can even change gender mid playthrough if you feel like it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
ehhhh

EHHHHHH

I mean It'd break my immersion but I guess you don't buy those sorts of games if you want immersion.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Changed the title so we could recognize Hanukkah, which starts tomorrow here in Japan land! Figured since there was Christmas specific titles, Hanukkah would be okay too.

I'm agnostic...but I think it's important to recognize the other holidays besides Christmas for this Holiday season.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Just saying Chaunkah out loud makes me hungry for some reason...

Chaunkah Chip Cookie...

mmmmmmm...

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Spent 14 hours today playing X

No ****ing regrets

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Perhaps the title should just have "the Holidays".

What's it like.
Tell me what it's like :urg:
I think we are civilized enough to have each individual holiday represented in the title, unless someone objects to it.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I think we are civilized enough to have each individual holiday represented in the title, unless someone objects to it.
i don't celebrate any type of holiday, so it wouldn't matter to me if the title was changed to represent a certain holiday. to each their own.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also, I just watched this:
Almost as ridiculous as the WWE Meets Scooby Doo movie, but not going to lie, I enjoyed it xD.

Chrono.

Bruh after playing 8 hours of X I got to check out the first Xenoblade.

Need to save up some cash for the 3D version.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I've played that exact game on Wii, it's great

Godzillathewonderdog Godzillathewonderdog what kind of error message are you getting, and did you look into what I PMed you?

And thanks for the well wishes, everyone. I will be heading to urgent care very shortly to get an X-Ray. Hopefully it's nothing too serious...
The main problem is that it's not detecting the access point.
I'm getting the error code 8001000A as well as 80710102. I think there is an easier way to get the DLC back, I just need to connect to the internet. -_-

I don't know what happened, but I hope you're ok.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Wait what? You can change your appearance and stuff mid-game?

Wish someone had told me that before I spent an hour trying to decide what I wanted to be/look like for the next 200+ hours :V

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think I got the flu
Feel better! This goes for everyone, but it's important to take care of yourself, tis the season to get sick!

I might have a cold myself. ;_; working with kids exposes you to a lot of germs.

I usually celebrate Christmas with my family, but this year I'll be celebrating it in Japan...with my cat, Kuma. I can't afford a plane ticket home so I'll probably do the Japanese thing and order KFC and watch movies all day. I might do some streaming or something to keep company, not sure yet.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm celebrating the holidays by just relaxing and watching sports and hopefully playing new Smash DLC

finalark

SNORLAX
I'm celebrating Star Wars by re-watching the entire series in chronological order. I just finished Episode I tonight.

Oh yeah, and Christmas is pretty cool too or something.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wait what? You can change your appearance and stuff mid-game?

Wish someone had told me that before I spent an hour trying to decide what I wanted to be/look like for the next 200+ hours :V
I'm wondering when that and the multiplayer options open up. I've hit the point where I'm doing sidequests, I thought I'd have that stuff open by now.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
The finest thing about Christmas is that the exams will be over.
I can't wait for the moment I will be able to hear "School's Out" with that good feeling in my heart.
Then I will marry with Xenoblade Chronicles X and have little Xeno's with it....
Play until my fingers hurt... and more.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Does anyone here celebrate Holidays other than Christmas?

I'd like to know what you do.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
If/When 5mash comes around, who would you like to see or think would be likely as newcomers? Strictly Nintendo since there's so many different routes 3rd-parties could take (as evidenced by pretty much all of them haha). I would go with:

Toad
Bandana Dee
Inklings
FE Fates character/Anna
Xenoblade X character
King K. Rool
Savvy Stylist
Wonder Red
Advance Wars character (Andy/Sami)
Isaac
Medusa
Takamaru
Sukapon
Anthony Higgs (Samus-ZSS hybrid semi-clone)
Impa (Sheik-Ike hybrid semi-clone)
Dixie Kong (Diddy Kong semi-clone)
Alph (Olimar semi-clone)
Isabelle (Villager semi-clone)

This is a mixture between wants and likeliness, but it overall gives a pretty good spread. Impa and Anthony Higgs would be "gateway semi-clones", qualifying just barely for the definition since they combine aspects of two different veterans. Savvy Stylist and Sukapon would be the unexpected WFT and DHD characters that are respectively a big modern franchise rep and a retro Nintendo rep. Takamaru would be the retro rep, while Dixie, Alph, and Isabelle would all receive the clone/semi-clone treatment to be playable characters due to their popularity. I don't personally know who from XCX would be included (though I figure it'd prob alt be Elma), and an FE Fates character could be included, but I'd rather personally see Anna as one of the mainstay franchise mascots that's appeared in every game and is popular.

Impa is a semi-clone in the sense that she'd take a lot of inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors moveset, which basically puts her as a Sheik-Ike hybrid with the giant sword and being a ninja.

Anthony Higgs I basically see as balance between Samus and Zamus that uses ice moves. Gives him just enough differentiation while still being able to take the majority of his moveset from theirs.

Wolf would return, Lucina would be decloned, Dark Pit would get the semi-clone treatment a la Luigi/Ganondorf/Falco/etc.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If/When 5mash comes around, who would you like to see or think would be likely as newcomers? Strictly Nintendo since there's so many different routes 3rd-parties could take (as evidenced by pretty much all of them haha). I would go with:

Toad
Bandana Dee
Inklings
FE Fates character/Anna
Xenoblade X character
King K. Rool
Savvy Stylist
Wonder Red
Isaac
Medusa
Takamaru
Sukapon
Alph (Olimar semi-clone)

This is a mixture between wants and likeliness, but it overall gives a pretty good spread. Impa and Anthony Higgs would be "gateway semi-clones", qualifying just barely for the definition since they combine aspects of two different veterans. Savvy Stylist and Sukapon would be the unexpected WFT and DHD characters that are respectively a big modern franchise rep and a retro Nintendo rep. Takamaru would be the retro rep, while Dixie, Alph, and Isabelle would all receive the clone/semi-clone treatment to be playable characters due to their popularity. I don't personally know who from XCX would be included (though I figure it'd prob alt be Elma), and an FE Fates character could be included, but I'd rather personally see Anna as one of the mainstay franchise mascots that's appeared in every game and is popular.

Impa is a semi-clone in the sense that she'd take a lot of inspiration from her Hyrule Warriors moveset, which basically puts her as a Sheik-Ike hybrid with the giant sword and being a ninja.

Anthony Higgs I basically see as balance between Samus and Zamus that uses ice moves. Gives him just enough differentiation while still being able to take the majority of his moveset from theirs.

Wolf would return, Lucina would be decloned, Dark Pit would get the semi-clone treatment a la Luigi/Ganondorf/Falco/etc.
Wolf, K.Rool, Takamaru, Inklings and Bandana Dee are my 1st party picks.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Toad
Bandana Dee
Inklings
FE Fates character/Anna
Xenoblade X character
King K. Rool
Savvy Stylist
Wonder Red
Isaac
Medusa
Takamaru
Sukapon
Alph (Olimar semi-clone)

I think it's way too early to say what characters will be likely for Smash 5.
I could give you a list for if it's due for a year or two from now, but it will likely begin development in 6-7 years time.

We're also all terrible at predictions so...

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...They're pronouncing Nopon differently than they did in Xenoblade Chronicles.

WHY CAN LOCALIZATION TEAMS NEVER STAY CONSISTENT WITH CRAP LIKE THIS. Ugh, it's insignificant yeah, but it's also irritating.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Whelp. The girl has a boyfriend accordingly to a mutual friend.

Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom