• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Suzie also said that she doesn't trust Ken anymore, and she's sticking with Matty and Sugar. :urg:
It's too bad they didn't show anything about that in tonight's episode. It was probably to make it more surprising that Crystal would get booted off. They better show us something next episode!

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/surviv...id=xVySuxYB6bosMqJ8jmi6u0R_U_jKGJW1&play=true

This is the most recent episode right? God, I'm so confused now. Is Sugar just get bored and felt like ruining things for everyone?
She dislikes certain people and likes others. She's steered the game in the direction she felt was better.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Well.

Jeff did hint at the fact that the season´s finale would be great, and Bob/Matty/Sugar/Susie winning would be boring as ****.

*hopes*
I don't remember where, but I could have sworn Jeff said the final 3 had a "good vs evil" feel.

If Ken is getting the evil edit, and Matty is getting the good edit, this could be interesting.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
People will see his backstabbing antics in tribal. They will know what he does behind the scenes (well, some of it).

Randy does not like Bob, but he does not like Kenny either, from what I could tell. He especially disliked Crystal and Kenny was Crystal's closest ally. Corinne favors Bob over Ken.

Bob has 3 guaranteed votes. Ken has 1 (Crystal) and a possible vote (Randy?). That's it. Bob still leads, hands down.
Excepting Randy, Bob's alliance gives him three guaranteed votes on the spot. Plus he's well liked enough to get the fourth. Bob will win.

If Ken goes in without Bob, though, I'm pretty sure Ken can beat Matty, especially if Sugar is in the final 3.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You know, I hadn't thought of it before but....could a Ken/Matty/Bob F3 somehow get the support for Bob and Matty split to the point that Ken wins 3-2-2?

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Sugar knew he was a snake. But as she said, he was her snake. She just took him along for the ride and then voted him out when she was convinced he had turned on her.
Yhea, she was playing the game (with him). Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I give her props for that. But don't talk about good and evil when you have indeed been playing the game (and survivor is a dirty and dishonest game) with a dirty and dishonest player.
that was my point

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Excepting Randy, Bob's alliance gives him three guaranteed votes on the spot. Plus he's well liked enough to get the fourth. Bob will win.

If Ken goes in without Bob, though, I'm pretty sure Ken can beat Matty, especially if Sugar is in the final 3.
Why would Sugar vote for Ken? Sugar turned on Ken and ended her alliance with him in this episode after hearing him and Crystal beat on Matty when he was lying down and knowing he was probably next and after Ken's scheme to oust Bob.

She also never had a real connection with Ken (she had one with Crystal). She probably won't vote for him.

Yhea, she was playing the game (with him). Nothing wrong with that. In fact, I give her props for that. But don't talk about good and evil when you have indeed been playing the game (and its a dirty and dishonest game).
that was my point
Sugar hasn't played dirty or dishonest at all! She's been one of the most honest players in the game. And what "dirty" tactics has she used, really?

Quail Man

Smash Apprentice
Why would Sugar vote for Ken? Sugar turned on Ken and ended her alliance with him in this episode after hearing him and Crystal beat on Matty when he was lying down and knowing he was probably next and after Ken's scheme to oust Bob.

She also never had a real connection with Ken (she had one with Crystal). She probably won't vote for him.

Sugar hasn't played dirty or dishonest at all! She's been one of the most honest players in the game. And what "dirty" tactics has she used, really?
OMG Yuna you must make your over 9000th post epic, this is your 8999th.

And Sugar turned on Ace, that was what MikeHaggar was talking about.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
nah guys, ken's ****ed. can't help but feel like the "decision" part of the finale preview involves ken though. he's by far the most desperate right now.

sugar's got all the power, she can tell everyone (well, matty and susie at the least) who to vote for. meaning that it may not be reasonable or strategic. ie ken going before either matty or bob.

i told you guys waaaaaay back...sugar is going to be the key, it all rests on sugar, ken needs sugar, he can't keep lying to her...

anyway, i think ken got a lot of lucky breaks in his way for the game.

1. remember way back to like episode 4. right before the first swap. remember how susie, dan, matty, and randy had come together and agreed that crystal, ken, and GC needed to leave? without that swap, ken would have lost either an alliance member or been voted out himself.

2. sugar being naive enough to believe ken's lie about ace. crystal was clearly on the chopping block there, and ken would have lost his only true alliance member from the whole game.

3. the fake merge. before the fake merge, fang was outnumbered and would have been picked off by kota, one by one. sugar would have had to correctly play the HII in order to give that alliance a fighting chance.

4. marcus slipping up and trying to convince crystal to side with him. had marcus stuck to the plan and gained susie's trust, either ken or crystal (probably ken) would have been eliminated.

ken's played a decent game so far...mainly coordinating the ace ouster and picking kelly in the swap...but by no means is he even close to survivor's best strategic player. i haven't even watched any other seasons and i can already make that judgment. ken played this game too dishonestly and alienated himself from everyone but crystal. crystal was far too much of a liability for ken to depend on her. it was smart to align himself with her because she was such a target but he needed someone else in his group. sugar should have been the answer, but ken was too focused on matty to see that sugar was weak and could easily flip to matty, due to her "compassionate" nature.

anyway, i want to talk about what would have happened if ken hadn't of put matty's name down during corinne's vote. corinne's out by a vote of 5-2. no one in the fang alliance has flipped. assume bob wins the last challenge since challenges are already planned by the time the contestants begin the game. bob has immunity, ken doesn't hatch the ******** plan of getting bob's necklace. ken and crystal are both clearly on board with voting matty out as he is the biggest physical threat. sugar, presumptiously, stays on board with ken and crystal, as long as ken and crystal play it cool and don't act so defensive against matty...then they vote bob and susie out, depending on whenever bob loses an immunity challenge. f3 of ken/sugar/crystal. jury votes at that point are up in the air, but i think sugar would give ken a run for his money. charlie, randy, marcus, and corinne do not vote for crystal by default. corinne votes for ken as she recognizes his intelligence ANYWAY. this is ken's biggest mistake. ken already had corinne's vote as long as bob wasn't in the f3 with him. ken was (VERY RISKILY) playing for a jury vote he could have already had.

tl;dr ken failed at mindgames and now has no friends

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
- A shocking turn of events causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council.

- The fate of the final four rests in the hands of one castaway who reveals an outrageous decision at the most surprising Tribal Council yet.

This fits the bill of my hypothetical situation.

Step 1: Ken gets some edits that make him look like he changes from "evil" to "good"

Ken could possibly win the Immunity Challenge. This "causes the castaways to scramble for new strategies in the moments before Tribal Council". Matty might go home?

Bob wins the Final Four Immunity and in "an outrageous decision at the most surprising Tribal Council yet" gives Ken Immunity, keeping his word. Ken votes for Bob. Bob votes for Susie due to being closer to Sugar, Sugar votes for Susie due to not wanting to vote off Bob, and Susie votes off Bob due to being more of a threat in the final three than Sugar. This causes a tie, where Susie surprisingly beats Bob in the tie-breaker challenge.

This leaves Ken, Susie, and Sugar as the final three. While the jury questions Ken he says some corny stuff about how being in Gabon changed his life and he has a new outlook on things and is more appreciative to the world around him. This along with Step 1 makes Ken look like a good guy and good prevails over the evil Sugar.

Then Ken comes home from L.A. and has $1,000,000.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
blindsiding ace? lying to crystal about voting to matty? (watch the extra scenes on cbs.com)
I don't care what she did really, i just hate this good and evil bs moralizing when it comes to GAMES.
you mightve been sarcastic there idk, this the internet.
I will cry if Sugar wins. After hearing the other interviews and looking at the deleted scenes/other scenes, she really sucks and doesn't deserve to win. She's a bad guy.
oh please, i cant beleive people beleive in this crap. the ****ing onions said that. they're saying it to feel better about themselves.
sure she mightve been edited sweeter then they could've, but there is no way she's as much as an *** as the onions claim. and i know this simply b/c everything else the onions have said has been a bunch of self-righteous bs with very little truth in it... why should this be any different? also, don't forget they're talking about the person the onions are the MOST pissed off about losing to ;)

Yuna2

Smash Rookie

Why do you think I started a countdown towards the 9001st post from 8976 or something.

blindsiding ace? lying to crystal about voting to matty? (watch the extra scenes on cbs.com)
Maybe you guys missed the part where Ken lied to Sugar and convinced her Ace had turned on her and that he was plotting with Matty to take Sugar out. Sugar, believing she was being betrayed and was possibly set to go home unless she did something trusted Ken and turned on Ace in turn.

There was nothing remotely "evil", dirty or whatever about it.

I don't care what she did really, i just hate this good and evil bs moralizing when it comes to GAMES.
Why? It's perfectly possible to play for either side.

sure she mightve been edited sweeter then they could've, but there is no way she's as much as an *** as the onions claim. and i know this simply b/c everything else the onions have said has been a bunch of self-righteous bs with very little truth in it... why should this be any different? also, don't forget they're talking about the person the onions are the MOST pissed off about losing to ;)
The Onion Alliance didn't get a chance to get to know Sugar the way the viewers have. It's not like they have seen the show.

They can only judge her by their experiences with her. And Corinne and Randy had run-ins with her. Was it entirely Sugar's fault? No, not really. But Sugar took up the feud instead of brushing it off and being sweet, thus continuing a vicious cycle of civil war.

And since that's the only experience they have of her, they can only judge her based on it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Moronic reasoning. Someone winning would make someone else happy and we don't like the someone else, so screw the deserving someone!
get over yourself. it was a joke and besides, it's SURVIVOR, a reality show that is completely based around treachery and deceit...

I'd like to thank whoever kept posting those pics showing the final 5 to be: Ken, Crystal, Sugar, Susie and Bob/Matty.... you got my hopes up :(

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
get over yourself. it was a joke and besides, it's SURVIVOR, a reality show that is completely based around treachery and deceit...
There are people who would seriously say that. And they have.

What am I, psychic? How would I know it was a joke? Also, treachery and deceit has absolutely nothing to do with not wanting Bob to win simply because it would make someone you dislike happy (as your joke claimed).

MajorasMask999

Smash Apprentice
oh please, i cant beleive people beleive in this crap. the ****ing onions said that. they're saying it to feel better about themselves.
sure she mightve been edited sweeter then she could've, but there is no way she's as much as an *** as the onions claim. (and i know this b/c everything else the onions have said has been a bunch of self-righteous bs)
I based that on my own personal opinion from the deleted scenes/scenes that were shown. The fact that the other jury members said similar things in interviews was just something that backed it up.

From what I've SEEN. I dislike Sugar. She plays an emotional game, not a strategic game. Her plan will not lead to her victory. I find it obnoxious how she deems people "good" and "evil" and assumes she's automatically on the "good" side. That's like... arrogance in a way. And I also found the whole "rolling on the floor laughing at Tribal Council" scene unecessary. Not only was it just flat out rude to start with, but the fact that Bob didn't like the idea in the first place, and the fact that Sugar was laughing hysterically, made him feel guilty. He had no other choice. Her "bashing the onions and calling all of them alcoholic bigots etc." thing was also totally unecessary.

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
From what I've SEEN. I dislike Sugar. She plays an emotional game, not a strategic game. Her plan will not lead to her victory. I find it obnoxious how she deems people "good" and "evil" and assumes she's automatically on the "good" side. That's like... arrogance in a way.
No, that's her judging people "good" and "bad" and thinking of herself as a "good" player. It's not automatically arrogance. And from what we've seen, Sugar is more "good" than "bad", even if she's not playing the game to win it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
edit: @ yuna
you're missing the point.
Survivor is a cheesy reality show, why would you give 2 ****s about my reasons for wanting certain people to win over others? Does it matter?

And you need to not meatride Sugar so much... she said before the show started she put "pin-up girl" because she didn't want people to know she was an actress. Why? Becaust ACT is what she planned to do the whole game. She'd done a fine job of it, too.

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
edit: @ yuna
you're missing the point.
Survivor is a cheesy reality show, why would you give 2 ****s about my reasons for wanting certain people to win over others? Does it matter?
If I think it's a stupid reason, I'm perfectly justified in thinking so (and telling you so).

In the greater picture, nobody really cares about you (I'm assuming you're not a person of great importance to the world, like a politician or CEO of a major company or whatever). I just felt like telling you off for what I felt was stupid reasoning for denying a man a well-deserved victory.

And you need to not meatride Sugar so much... she said before the show started she put "pin-up girl" because she didn't want people to know she was an actress. Why? Becaust ACT is what she planned to do the whole game. She'd done a fine job of it, too.
I'm not "meatriding" Sugar. Sugar isn't even one of my favorites to win. Well, from the people left on the show, she is. But she wasn't one of my favorites when there were more people still around.

I'm just defending her against what I feel are attacks based on flawed reasoning. People act on Survivor all the time. People like through their teeth.

SWF's gold boy Ken does it on every episode. Why are you singling Sugar out as bad for "acting"? It's a game. You can "act" but still play a "good" game (I feel Sugar has played a much more "good" than "evil" game insofar).

I judge Sugar from what we've seen insofar. CBS's editing aside, half of the stuff people whine about her here on SWF is unwarranted.

It's like most SWF:ers just decided that since Ken is a Smasher, he deserve to win by default and can do whatever he feels like. If anything bad is ever said about him, then the fault must lie with the one who said it. Anything goes for Ken but anyone else is bad for doing the same thing.

I mean, the Youtube comments are full of comments like "Bob lied to Ken!" as if Ken didn't lie to everyone except Crystal. The outrage the Smash community has whenever something "unfair" happens to Ken and the leniency they give him.

Ken's played an interesting game. And I don't understand how the hell he got so many people to swallow his lies, but it made the game interesting. But the Ken worship has to stop. He's not Survivor God.

Yuna gets 9,000 posts and then creates Yuna2.

/confused
Post 9001 will be reserved for a meaningful post in a meaningful thread. I'm certainly not going to waste it talking about Survivor or whether or not to ban D3's infinite.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Did you read my post?
I said especially if Sugar is final 3. If Sugar is final 3, she won't be able to vote for Matty. And Sugar's probably final 3.

I never said Sugar would vote Ken.

I believe that in a Ken - Matty - Sugar scenario, Randy would vote Matty. Crystal, Corinne, and Bob would vote Ken.

Marcus, Charlie, and Suzie would be wildcards decided by the ending speeches, but Marcus and Charlie would probably side with Ken for helping out Corinne, and Ken would only need to flip one of the three with his speech.

She flipped on Ace, she flipped on Ken. More importantly, if you've read any of the interviews, she acted as a snot to everyone off camera. ALL of the jurors who have been interviewed complained about her. She played emotionally, not tactically, and made no moves of her own, just followed the lead of first Ace and then Ken, and then flipping on Ken in an emotional moment to save Bob who she viewed as "the nice guy". She had the fake idol played just to spite Randy, and more importantly, lost the respect of Marcus and Charlie and Bob by laughing at Randy as he was voted out.

She's not getting any votes.

I judge Sugar from what we've seen insofar. CBS's editing aside, half of the stuff people whine about her here on SWF is unwarranted.
She's emotional, makes cookie-cutter judgements of people ("good" vs "evil"), and has not made a single calculated decision in the entirety of this game.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
If you can't see why people would root for Ken on SMASHboards then you're dumb. Nobody here is claiming he's a perfect human being.

In fact, people here for the most part seem to admire his mind games (aka lying to and manipulating people) because it gets results in the game of Survivor. He was a huge underdog and through manipulation and smart play (they go hand in hand), he has lasted a lot longer than most of us would have thought.

Sugar's story is similar. She's weak, emotional and kind of catty. Yet she has defied all the odds and made it really far as well.

The reason people are upset is this:
Ken is getting the "EVIL" edit/references and Sugar is getting the "GOOD" edit/references, when they've played equally snake-y.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
You know, I hadn't thought of it before but....could a Ken/Matty/Bob F3 somehow get the support for Bob and Matty split to the point that Ken wins 3-2-2?
No...Bob would get the votes from Corinne, Marcus, and Charlie. :/

Ken would get Crystal, and arguably Suzie. Matty would get Sugar, Randy, and arguably Suzie.

If Ken could flip Corinne with a good speech and flip Suzie, maybe, but it's doubtful.

Ken is getting the "EVIL" edit/references and Sugar is getting the "GOOD" edit/references, when they've played equally snake-y.
Sugar hasn't played snake-y at all. She's played completely unintelligently as well as emotionally. She's easily the most gullible member of the cast, and has flipped *every* time someone has asked her to by spinning a lie. She believed Ken that Ace was plotting against her, and she believed Matty that Ken was lying about Bob claiming to have an immunity idol. She flip flops and acts very childish at tribal (making faces as she got rid of Crystal and laughing at Randy). She cries and makes a big scene, and then betrays her alliance to save Bob based on an emotional judgement rather than a rational one (Bob poses the greatest threat to her alliance).

Sugar is irritating and a poor player, nothing more.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Maybe you guys missed the part where Ken lied to Sugar and convinced her Ace had turned on her and that he was plotting with Matty to take Sugar out. Sugar, believing she was being betrayed and was possibly set to go home unless she did something trusted Ken and turned on Ace in turn.

There was nothing remotely "evil", dirty or whatever about it.

Why? It's perfectly possible to play for either side.
Wait, I don't get this. Do you actually think there is/should be good/evil in a game? (like survivor) >.>
If you think so I'm not gonna bother arguing, lmao.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
*sigh* Well, Kenny has his work cut out for him to win now.

Trying to debate that he will make it to the finals feels very similar to trying to deconfirm the 35 roster so long ago.

There is slight possible support for him.

1: Corrine said that everyone who went to Ponderosa EXCEPT BOB was ignored. This could be interpreted as Bob is voted out and goes to Ponderosa. However, if I am not mistaken, last season, the finalists joined the jury for a feast at Ponderosa. So she could be referring to this instead.

2: Jeff did say (I think) that the finals would have a good vs. evil theme. However, this has been tossed around so much in the past few episodes, and been mixed in with the entire season having this theme. If we are to believe the final theory, though, Ken has a good chance of making it.

However, on Survivor Sucks, a leaker, survivor300, a leaker with an established history who will be banned if he is wrong and is not an attention-seeking troll has posted that the final three will be:

Bob the Builder
Susie
Sugar

But doesn't know the order of the next two boots

I really hope for Kenny to win it all, but unless he can somehow win both immunities over Bob and Matty, he has no chance. Quite unfortunately.

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
Did you read my post?
I said especially if Sugar is final 3. If Sugar is final 3, she won't be able to vote for Matty. And Sugar's probably final 3.
Sorry, I misread it was "if Sugar isn't in the Final 3".

I believe that in a Ken - Matty - Sugar scenario, Randy would vote Matty. Crystal, Corinne, and Bob would vote Ken.
I don't think Bob would vote Ken after what he tried to pull this week.

Marcus, Charlie, and Suzie would be wildcards decided by the ending speeches, but Marcus and Charlie would probably side with Ken for helping out Corinne, and Ken would only need to flip one of the three with his speech.
Ken didn't help Corinne out. Ken was tricked into thinking his best chances at winning was with Corinne. They're not idiots. They know he didn't do it out of the goodness of his hearts, he just played what he believed to be the most beneficial game.

So if they vote for him, it won't be because he "helped Corinne" (not that he actually did, his plan to flush the idol out got he booted off).

She flipped on Ace, she flipped on Ken.
She flipped on Ace because Ken lied to her and made her think Ace had betrayed her.

She flipped on Ken after seeing his diabological scheming and disliking it. It wasn't some kind of act of maliciousness.

More importantly, if you've read any of the interviews, she acted as a snot to everyone off camera.
I've only watched the show. I specifically said that.

ALL of the jurors who have been interviewed complained about her. She played emotionally, not tactically, and made no moves of her own, just followed the lead of first Ace and then Ken, and then flipping on Ken in an emotional moment to save Bob who she viewed as "the nice guy". She had the fake idol played just to spite Randy, and more importantly, lost the respect of Marcus and Charlie and Bob by laughing at Randy as he was voted out.
I never said she was some kind of princess who's nice to everyone and who should win. The stuff people say here on SWF, however, are largely inaccurate.

You yourself claim she's a bad person for flipping on Ace. No, she was just duped.

She's emotional, makes cookie-cutter judgements of people ("good" vs "evil"), and has not made a single calculated decision in the entirety of this game.
She's a bad player. No one's denying that.

Wait, I don't get this. Do you actually think there is/should be good/evil in a game? (like survivor) >.>
If you think so I'm not gonna bother arguing, lmao.
No, I'm arguing that if you are going to deem people good or evil, then Sugar is perfectly justified in her judgments.

1: Corrine said that everyone who went to Ponderosa EXCEPT BOB was ignored. This could be interpreted as Bob is voted out and goes to Ponderosa. However, if I am not mistaken, last season, the finalists joined the jury for a feast at Ponderosa. So she could be referring to this instead.
I very much doubt CBS would let that slip out. Unless this was in a non-CBS interview.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I've been thinking while watching this season that I would probably like this show more if Immunity challenges had even more weight, and less emphasis was placed on scheming/alliances.
Speaking of which, I think it's a good possibility Bob goes all the way and wins the next 2 challenges and guarantees himself a spot in the final 3, and then wins. I truly was kidding before, Bob is a nerd and amazing and I would be happy if he won.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
should have taken bob out over randy. ken would have this **** in the bag...bob did a nice job of playing himself off as a nonthreat. i won't be particularly happy if bob wins since i've been aiming ken/sugar the whole time (sugar has now fallen into disfavor with me lulz) but eh. something about the 58 year old physics professor playing a smart, clear, non-backstabbing game makes me a little content. remember when he got ZERO air time and was just the bottom man on the totem pole in kota? amazing how things have turned...

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
No, I'm arguing that if you are going to deem people good or evil, then Sugar is perfectly justified in her judgments.
Well my initial point was that she was judging other people as good/evil when she's not being an angel herself. She's probably the least "sneaky" player left in the game. But still she lied to Crystal, and that is enough to take away her justification of judging people for being good/evil. She certainly did it for strategic reasons, but so was the majority of moves she judged as "evil" (ken's "evilness" has been 100% strategic)

You shouldn't judge people for being good/evil regardless, so i'd be bashing her regardless of what I just wrote lol. Im not bashing her for "sneaky" moves, im bashing her for moralizing in a game like survivor

greenblob

Smash Lord
I actually don't think Ken's vote for Matty (as opposed to Corrine) was THAT bad of a move. Think about it--if Crystal voted for Matty, he would go home and they would all still be thinking that Bob/Corrine still has the idol. So Corrine had to have the majority of the votes. Now it can go two ways--Ken votes Corrine or Matty. If he votes Corrine, he loses jury connections, but if he votes Matty, he gets a target on his back. Both are more or less equal at the endgame.

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
If you can't see why people would root for Ken on SMASHboards then you're dumb.
I said this when? I merely said that the fanboyism goes too far sometimes. The hypocrisy of it all. Ken can do whatever he wants but slight Ken in the least and you're a bad person or something.

I mean, the venom directed at Bob for lying to Ken to try to save himself and Corinne next week when Ken lies to people all the time!

In fact, people here for the most part seem to admire his mind games (aka lying to and manipulating people) because it gets results in the game of Survivor.
Yet others who lie are deemed bad people. And did I not specifically state that Ken's played an interesting game?

Ken's like Todd, who went on to win Survivor: China or whatever it was called. Only Todd was never an underdog.

See, this is where you fanboyism is blinding you. Sugar hasn't played snake-y at all. She's played badly. She's gullible and terrible judge of what is lies and what isn't.

But she has never been snake. She didn't turn on Ace to be a snake, she turned on him because she was convinced he had turned on her and was trying to vote her out. There's nothing snake-y about that!

<snip>
Sugar is irritating and a poor player, nothing more.
Exactly. I wholeheartedly agree with this. This is why I think the fanboyism here on SWF has gone too far. Calling Sugar of all people Snake-y. She couldn't be Snake-y if she so wanted to be because she just isn't cut out for lying and scheming her way through the game.

It doesn't make her a bad person, it just makes her a bad Survivor player (in that department). Sugar is snake-y? What's next, Suzie is athletic?

Speaking of which, I think it's a good possibility Bob goes all the way and wins the next 2 challenges and guarantees himself a spot in the final 3, and then wins. I truly was kidding before, Bob is a nerd and amazing and I would be happy if he won.
Bob is like an older Ken. They're pretty much the same in the challenge department, only with Bob being better at most things. As in, neither is very athletic (Ken's fast, but ask him to lift heavy and stuff and watch him trip or something) but they're good at puzzles and stuff.

They're both nerds in their own way. And thin, very thin. Wow Ken lost a lot of weight. He's skin and bones! That kid better had binged himself on snacks and junk food to gain back some weight.

Yuna2

Smash Rookie
I actually don't think Ken's vote for Matty (as opposed to Corrine) was THAT bad of a move. Think about it--if Crystal voted for Matty, he would go home and they would all still be thinking that Bob/Corrine still has the idol. So Corrine had to have the majority of the votes. Now it can go two ways--Ken votes Corrine or Matty. If he votes Corrine, he loses jury connections, but if he votes Matty, he gets a target on his back. Both are more or less equal at the endgame.
Corinne has jury connections, but I doubt she'd convince the others to vote for Ken (we're not even sure she'd vote for Ken).

Ken's decision to try to flush the idol out hinged on the assumption that it was real and that Corinne would use that tribal instead of the next tribal. That's two risky variables. What was he planning on doing, anyway? The idols were only good 'til tonight's tribal, was he planning on double-crossing Corinne and Bob next chance he got at tonight's tribal?

If he really intended to go into an alliance with Bob and Corinne, there was no reason for him to flush that idol out as it'd be useless for the Top 5.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Making an alternate account to just to delay your "Over 9000" post is a foolish reason, Yuna, and I won't allow it. Sorry if you problems with it.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I said this when? I merely said that the fanboyism goes too far sometimes. The hypocrisy of it all. Ken can do whatever he wants but slight Ken in the least and you're a bad person or something.

I mean, the venom directed at Bob for lying to Ken to try to save himself and Corinne next week when Ken lies to people all the time!

Yet others who lie are deemed bad people. And did I not specifically state that Ken's played an interesting game?

Ken's like Todd, who went on to win Survivor: China or whatever it was called. Only Todd was never an underdog.

See, this is where you fanboyism is blinding you. Sugar hasn't played snake-y at all. She's played badly. She's gullible and terrible judge of what is lies and what isn't.

But she has never been snake. She didn't turn on Ace to be a snake, she turned on him because she was convinced he had turned on her and was trying to vote her out. There's nothing snake-y about that!

Exactly. I wholeheartedly agree with this. This is why I think the fanboyism here on SWF has gone too far. Calling Sugar of all people Snake-y. She couldn't be Snake-y if she so wanted to be because she just isn't cut out for lying and scheming her way through the game.

It doesn't make her a bad person, it just makes her a bad Survivor player (in that department). Sugar is snake-y? What's next, Suzie is athletic?

Bob is like an older Ken. They're pretty much the same in the challenge department, only with Bob being better at most things. As in, neither is very athletic (Ken's fast, but ask him to lift heavy and stuff and watch him trip or something) but they're good at puzzles and stuff.

They're both nerds in their own way. And thin, very thin. Wow Ken lost a lot of weight. He's skin and bones! That kid better had binged himself on snacks and junk food to gain back some weight.
Snake-y was the wrong word.
Dishonestly? Not admirably? Not the shining beacon of "GOOD" that the show wants us to think?
I agree that she's played the game poorly, but you have to admit she's made some sleazy moves. Unneccesarily humiliating Randy when he was going home anyway is a good example. Playing both sides and blatantly lying to Crystal is another. Not snake-y, no... but not GOOD either.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
bob and matty are pretty much the only people that you can categorize as "good". and the show/probst definitely want us to think of this as 'good prevailing over evil'.

lol at cog's sig. funny, but sad...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom