• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Hello everyone! Supporters and the like. Well, after just joining SmashBoards, and lurking, (something that I should have done quite some time ago, hehe...)
I figured to actually give my support to some characters I would like to see not only on the potential SM4SH, but on the Smash series as whole,
and what better to start with a characters that I think deserves a shot at the series for being a representative of it.
The Custom Robo series, I believe, deserves to get an opportunity to be represented in the series as it has the potential to be a memorable side of Nintendo that is totally underrated.

Its customizable elements seem like a good way to pave way into it, or any Ray Robo as themselves are considered the 'face' of the IP.

Alhough I'm not entirely familiarized with the whole franchise, I am with the one we did got overseas, Custom Robo: Battle Revolution on the GameCube, and it is one of my personal
favorites on not only the console but on Nintendo overall. A good example of what could be great to see being implemented into Smash.

Either way, or potential things that could be used for a hypotetical 'rep' for Smash, I support its inclusion. And hopefully, one day, it happens.

(I mean, just look at him; it just screams SMASH potential) :b:.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hello everyone! Supporters and the like. Well, after just joining SmashBoards, and lurking, (something that I should have done quite some time ago, hehe...)
I figured to actually give my support to some characters I would like to see not only on the potential SM4SH, but on the Smash series as whole,
and what better to start with a characters that I think deserves a shot at the series for being a representative of it.
The Custom Robo series, I believe, deserves to get an opportunity to be represented in the series as it has the potential to be a memorable side of Nintendo that is totally underrated.

Its customizable elements seem like a good way to pave way into it, or any Ray Robo as themselves are considered the 'face' of the IP.

Alhough I'm not entirely familiarized with the whole franchise, I am with the one we did got overseas, Custom Robo: Battle Revolution on the GameCube, and it is one of my personal
favorites on not only the console but on Nintendo overall. A good example of what could be great to see being implemented into Smash.

Either way, or potential things that could be used for a hypotetical 'rep' for Smash, I support its inclusion. And hopefully, one day, it happens.

(I mean, just look at him; it just screams SMASH potential) :b:.
Welcome to the guild mate! :) Which Robo was your favorite in the series?

Battle Revolution and Arena were both great games in my childhood. Those games (as well as the other 3) required you to think about the synergy of your parts in order to do well in battle. I prefer Battle Revolution more due to its better presentation and the fact that up to 4 people can play, but Arena's variety in Robo Models and its portability are pretty nice as well.

I seriously do hope Nintendo decides to make a new game in the series and adds Ray to Smash Bros. Seeing this game series back in action would be pretty cool.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Thanks! Glad to be a part of it!

If by Robo you mean, a type from one of the series, then from Battle Revolution. A tie between two types (Strike Vanisher and Ray Series) and two robos (Halberd and Ray 01). Always had liked those two combinations in the game for their playability and design as it fits mostly, IMO. Felt at home using them, and never had a problem using them as they're very reliable and
uselful during matches on the Gamecube one.

Sadly, I haven't played much of the others in the series but from what I have seen, they're very alright. I have a soft spot for Battle Revolution as it introduced me to the series, and showed me what it represents with the combinations and customizable elements in the game as a whole, pretty much making me a fan in the spot. The multiplayer was a good add too (didn't know that it was till then that a 4-Player battle was possible but considering how it started, and adding little by little to reach that point, it was understandable.

I DO HOPE so too that aside from Ray (or a Custom Robo rep, any would suffice, but at the same time, Ray is Ray, hehe...) joining the roster, that a Custom Robo game is made t gain attention as the series is totally underrated. It'd be cool to see another entry with the options and potential that could have on the Wii U. Hopefully, one day as it'd help to bring interest to
the series as it deserves it.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Since I can't really remember the primary bots I used in Custom Robo GC and Arena, I can't really give names out.

Generally the Burning Beasts and the ones that turn into jets Starscream style were my favorites. In Arena I had about 8 bots I would cycle through just for fun.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Thanks! Glad to be a part of it!

If by Robo you mean, a type from one of the series, then from Battle Revolution. A tie between two types (Strike Vanisher and Ray Series) and two robos (Halberd and Ray 01). Always had liked those two combinations in the game for their playability and design as it fits mostly, IMO. Felt at home using them, and never had a problem using them as they're very reliable and
uselful during matches on the Gamecube one.

Sadly, I haven't played much of the others in the series but from what I have seen, they're very alright. I have a soft spot for Battle Revolution as it introduced me to the series, and showed me what it represents with the combinations and customizable elements in the game as a whole, pretty much making me a fan in the spot. The multiplayer was a good add too (didn't know that it was till then that a 4-Player battle was possible but considering how it started, and adding little by little to reach that point, it was understandable.

I DO HOPE so too that aside from Ray (or a Custom Robo rep, any would suffice, but at the same time, Ray is Ray, hehe...) joining the roster, that a Custom Robo game is made t gain attention as the series is totally underrated. It'd be cool to see another entry with the options and potential that could have on the Wii U. Hopefully, one day as it'd help to bring interest to
the series as it deserves it.
Halberd and Ray 01 are 2 of my faves from BR. I also kinda have a soft spot for Javelin, Earth, Defender, Rakansen, and Ray Warrior. Their designs were so nice and they were pretty useful IMHO.

V2 is the best of the Japan only games IMHO due to its large roster and nice aesthetics (followed by CR1 and then GX). Since you like Halberd, I recommend using Spear in V2. He is BASICALLY the precursor of Halberd as they share stats, color, and charge/collision attack. As for the Ray in that game, MK II has Ray 01's charge while Ray has Ray 01's stats (MK II gives up some defense for some more aerial mobility), so it's your choice between those two.

Yeah, a new game would be nice. I would pre-order it in a heartbeat.

Yo Halberd is a badass. You got some good taste.

All glory to the robo waifu Swift tho.
Halberd is a pretty awesome Robo. Pretty much all Strike Vanishers are pretty cool. Glaive is the exception IMHO. I REALLY hate Glaive (he's my least favorite Robo in the series [next to Drake]).

Swift is pretty nice. She shares a LOT of characteristics with Angelica and Bel, her Robo in the classic games.

Since I can't really remember the primary bots I used in Custom Robo GC and Arena, I can't really give names out.

Generally the Burning Beasts and the ones that turn into jets Starscream style were my favorites. In Arena I had about 8 bots I would cycle through just for fun.
IIRC, the Burning Beasts in BR and Arena were Chickenheart (BR), Leon (Arena), Wolfen (Arena, but also in V2), and Tricerion (Arena, but also in V2). V2 also had Hawkman, Dolphy, and Gorion.

As for the Lightning Skyers that were legal, there was Defender (police one that's like a disk), Seeker (the bird), and Breaker (the Alligator-like one) in BR, and Ray Sky (also in GX), Mistral (Eddy's orange one), Hurricane (the blue one), and Tempest (Coyote's red one) in Arena. BR also had the Rahus and Ruhiel (Sergei's Angel-like one) while Arena had Hadron (technically), Jameson (not really a Lightning Sky, but its dash in Arena acts like an LS'), and AIRS (Military that also appeared in GX). GX also had Patriot, Stingray, Phoenix, and Hellfire (Illegal).

Have you guys voted in the Source Gaming poll, we'd like to know how many really support Ray:
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/
Thanks for posting it on here! I think I managed to get to it a week or two ago (saw it on the Sylux page).

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yo Halberd is a badass. You got some good taste.

All glory to the robo waifu Swift tho.
No problem. Those are indeed really great. The design and playability in the game are what make it for me.

Of course. Swift Robo, best robo grill. :troll:

[quote="The One Who Wrote This, post: 20151933, member: 256291"]Halberd and Ray 01 are 2 of my faves from BR. I also kinda have a soft spot for Javelin, Earth, Defender, Rakansen, and Ray Warrior. Their designs were so nice and they were pretty useful IMHO.

V2 is the best of the Japan only games IMHO due to its large roster and nice aesthetics (followed by CR1 and then GX). Since you like Halberd, I recommend using Spear in V2. He is BASICALLY the precursor of Halberd as they share stats, color, and charge/collision attack. As for the Ray in that game, MK II has Ray 01's charge while Ray has Ray 01's stats (MK II gives up some defense for some more aerial mobility), so it's your choice between those two.

Yeah, a new game would be nice. I would pre-order it in a heartbeat.

Halberd is a pretty awesome Robo. Pretty much all Strike Vanishers are pretty cool. Glaive is the exception IMHO. I REALLY hate Glaive (he's my least favorite Robo in the series [next to Drake]).

Thanks for posting it on here! I think I managed to get to it a week or two ago (saw it on the Sylux page).[/quote]

I know, any other would be Javelin and Rakansen for part of the Strike Vanishers (They're just so cool, and their designs, no matter what Robo, it is always a treat to see), and
Ray Legend for Ray/Shining Fighter series.

Add Rahu in the list because why not, he was a GREAT villain and his design is so wicked cool.

Yeah, from what I have seen, the games didn't pick up 'steam', so to speak until that one, so it is understandable that they were building it up with each entry (no pun intended, but fits...)

A new game would be nice, yeah. Can't stress that enough. So much potential, combinations, new elements to add, the possibilities just pile one over the other.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
No problem. Those are indeed really great. The design and playability in the game are what make it for me.

Of course. Swift Robo, best robo grill. :troll:

I know, any other would be Javelin and Rakansen for part of the Strike Vanishers (They're just so cool, and their designs, no matter what Robo, it is always a treat to see), and
Ray Legend for Ray/Shining Fighter series.

Add Rahu in the list because why not, he was a GREAT villain and his design is so wicked cool.

Yeah, from what I have seen, the games didn't pick up 'steam', so to speak until that one, so it is understandable that they were building it up with each entry (no pun intended, but fits...)

A new game would be nice, yeah. Can't stress that enough. So much potential, combinations, new elements to add, the possibilities just pile one over the other.
Yeah, the main reason why the games didn't pick up 'steam' was because of the lack of proper advertising. As we speak right now, Noise only has 1 Public Affairs employee. I remember there being little to no advertising for Custom Robo Arena (the last game in the series so far). I THINK I found out about the game through Nintendo Power or some other kind of magazine. If I wasn't subscribed to them, I don't think I would've known about the game (unless if a Gamestop/EB Games employee told me [which was possible TBH]). If Nintendo wants the next CR game to be successful, they GOTTA advertise.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Yeah, the main reason why the games didn't pick up 'steam' was because of the lack of proper advertising. As we speak right now, Noise only has 1 Public Affairs employee. I remember there being little to no advertising for Custom Robo Arena (the last game in the series so far). I THINK I found out about the game through Nintendo Power or some other kind of magazine. If I wasn't subscribed to them, I don't think I would've known about the game (unless if a Gamestop/EB Games employee told me [which was possible TBH]). If Nintendo wants the next CR game to be successful, they GOTTA advertise.
Yeah, sadly.

I mean, I KNOW that CR isn't Mario, Zelda or Pokémon but it at least did right for a game not as advertised as such or others of the company. Same deal with me. I didn't know that there was at least ONE game after Battle Revolution and that was only because of the magazines about videogames where I live. Sad is the fact that the articles about it, were not as big as the other games advertised at the time of release. Too bad that is the case with this amazing IP.

It almost reminds me of what happened with Sin and Punishment (You know, the game where Saki, the AT with a gun and sword comes from, and other who I see has potential as playable, and even Sakurai himself said in the Dojo/Brawl Days that he COULD be a potential character) on the Wii. Didn't got a huge reception and it was ALMOST passed under the rug if it weren't because of some articles or the release of the prequel in the VC of the Wii at the time.

If Nintendo wants another CR game (AND I HOPE THEY DO...), they need to give it the spotlight as such like the rest of the other franchises have had in these last years. (Examples: KI: U, Mario Party 10, Any Zelda game, etc)

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Honestly though, I'm not really sure what should happen with Noise. They seem to be in an odd place right now.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Pretty much. Honestly, I think that as many people noticed the absence of MK3 as an AT alike with Isaac. So, who knows...

(Not as much as with Isaac, but you know what I mean...)

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Well, managed to create a test video for the Translated Walkthrough. Please let me know how I can improve it.

Also, the credits card didn't render for some reason. It's an extremely rough draft, so if anyone wants to make a cleaner one (maybe with a more appealing background or elements), feel free to. It'll be greatly appreciated! :)

Background for Credits v4.png

Thanks again @mynameisv and @ ToastyPyre ToastyPyre for your help! If you want a different image to represent you, please let me know. I just used your Smashboards pics as images.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Very interesting approach to the game with a translation. Good job with it, dude! Call me interested with it. :gova:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Lo and behold, the final version of Part 1!

I linked to this thread in the description, so we might see some more people come here. I also linked to the Smash Ballot in the description (and indicated to check the description during the credits card [as we cannot use external links in annotations if you don't own the site), so we might get some more votes for Ray. Here's to hoping that Ray gets in Smash Bros. and that we get a new game for the series!

Hey @Hong, just wondering something. After the Smash Ballot, can this page be used as a Social Forum (kinda like how it was after the release of Smash 4 but before the announcement of the Fighter Ballot)? I REALLY want to continue talking with all of you guys, so I think having this thread open as a Social Forum afterwards would keep us together without having to find a new thread to populate. It could work in both cases (Ray gets in, or Ray doesn't get in) as characters have social threads and there exist threads for individual games in the Social Section of the Forums (especially in the NintenZone). PLUS, I REALLY think we should have a central location for Custom Robo stuff in general. Thanks for being our Mod BTW!
Very interesting approach to the game with a translation. Good job with it, dude! Call me interested with it. :gova:
Thanks mate! :) Hopefully it'll be interesting for thee! I recorded 64 parts for Custom Robo 64, so this series will last for a LONG while.

Good stuff, looks pretty good as is! I'll most certainly watch the translation.
Thanks! I hope you will like the series a lot! It'll be a while before it's done (and then V2 will come after that), so think of it as a gradual thing. The more people we have working on this project (mainly the translation portion of it), the faster these videos can come out. But yeah, I won't stop until I get all 64 videos up for CR1.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Oh man. 64, that sounds like a very lenghty but awesome for the game. I'll be on the look out for each part/episode. :shades:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
I saw the post on r/customrobo, and I figured maybe try putting it on r/nintendo or something where it can get some exposure.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I saw the post on r/customrobo, and I figured maybe try putting it on r/nintendo or something where it can get some exposure.
That's actually a pretty good idea!

And posted! Hopefully this gets the series a bit more attention.

Oh man. 64, that sounds like a very lenghty but awesome for the game. I'll be on the look out for each part/episode. :shades:
If you think that's long, you should see V2. The "A New Journey" mode took me 72 episodes. And that's only HALF the game as there are still the Grand Battles (I started in the Summer and I still am not done with the game yet)!

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Damnn, bruh. Now that's a LOT of episodes. But still, quite fine for the games as in a way, those have elements of RPG in them and that genre is known for being quite the quantity of in them. Glad to find out about that fact. :cool:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276

UniversalGuardian

Smash Rookie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjWNoYc5SM

From a youtube named Erika, likes covering everything Smash Bros related. Here's he has some of the latest information regarding the Smash Ballot, not much by at least it's something. Also he had his own poll for custom rob (Ray01) specifically and Ray01 ended up getting about 50+ votes last time I checked.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enjWNoYc5SM

From a youtube named Erika, likes covering everything Smash Bros related. Here's he has some of the latest information regarding the Smash Ballot, not much by at least it's something. Also he had his own poll for custom rob (Ray01) specifically and Ray01 ended up getting about 50+ votes last time I checked.
Ah yeah, I really do like checking up on his videos. Good to hear that he didn't get ransacked by anyone at night during that whole airplane incident (he posted a video of him having to sleep outdoors or something due to a plane leaving before he could get on).

You know how many people voted in the poll?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I know I've asked the question of if Ray were playable in Smash, would he be starter, unlockable, or DLC before, but I wanted to get your answers again if you all don't mind. This time however, if any of you decide he should be unlockable, what method should be used to unlock him?

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Hey guys, I know I've asked the question of if Ray were playable in Smash, would he be starter, unlockable, or DLC before, but I wanted to get your answers again if you all don't mind. This time however, if any of you decide he should be unlockable, what method should be used to unlock him?
Unlockable through the standard VS Match method or through the collection of Custom Moves (though prevent duplicates from appearing) would be my choice.

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
Unlocked though custom moves sounds appropriate, I'd say after unlocking maybe 20 custom moves (unlocking customs can be a pain so I wouldn't want the number to be too high). Also I think it should be just custom moves.

UniversalGuardian

Smash Rookie
Ah yeah, I really do like checking up on his videos. Good to hear that he didn't get ransacked by anyone at night during that whole airplane incident (he posted a video of him having to sleep outdoors or something due to a plane leaving before he could get on).

You know how many people voted in the poll?
Yeah he said that because the word about the poll really got spread out (reddit, and other sources) that really 40,000+ or something had all voted. I honestly had my worries that a Custom Robo rep wouldn't be put in but I'm glad I was relieved.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Unlocked though custom moves sounds appropriate, I'd say after unlocking maybe 20 custom moves (unlocking customs can be a pain so I wouldn't want the number to be too high). Also I think it should be just custom moves.
Again, great ideas, guys! I would also add at least 5 Mii Fighter outfits, for measure.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Yeah he said that because the word about the poll really got spread out (reddit, and other sources) that really 40,000+ or something had all voted. I honestly had my worries that a Custom Robo rep wouldn't be put in but I'm glad I was relieved.
Well, at least he got mentioned.

As an aside, I think there are a TON of people bandwagoning certain characters as I never really hear Smash people in my area talking about them (not going to specify which characters though as I don't want to start a war). That being said, there aren't really that many characters that I vehemently oppose (there are characters I don't support, but I don't really hate them per say [except for 4th party characters and Bubsy the Bobcat]). I'm going to get whoever is released, but I hope that one is Ray.

20 seems fine.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
I agree in part with you. While I'm not as a fan of some characters, I am NOT against them. For me, the more the merrier the roster grows, and if we get characters that add something to the game in the form of interesting gameplay, distinct spectrums to the table, potential and such, BY ALL MEANS.

It is true that people are going back and forth, and behind their characters because they want to see them in the game 'playable', that is a factor, but I don't blame them, because they want to see their favorites as much as we do, so there's that on why some people are so uptight about it at times. It is normal behaviour, but without going overboard that is.

Meanwhile, I'm just here waiting for my favorite characters to be in the game one way, eventually or hopefully soon.

Ray being one of those. (or any CR rep, but mainly Ray...)

Just my 0.02$

:bowser:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I agree in part with you. While I'm not as a fan of some characters, I am NOT against them. For me, the more the merrier the roster grows, and if we get characters that add something to the game in the form of interesting gameplay, distinct spectrums to the table, potential and such, BY ALL MEANS.

It is true that people are going back and forth, and behind their characters because they want to see them in the game 'playable', that is a factor, but I don't blame them, because they want to see their favorites as much as we do, so there's that on why some people are so uptight about it at times. It is normal behaviour, but without going overboard that is.

Meanwhile, I'm just here waiting for my favorite characters to be in the game one way, eventually or hopefully soon.

Ray being one of those. (or any CR rep, but mainly Ray...)

Just my 0.02$

I'm all for adding characters with unique concepts. That's why I support characters like Ray (ranged juggler that is hard to camp with [as his projectiles work best at midrange, not long range]), Sylux (rushdown + space control with the Lockjaw Tripwires), Dark Matter (morphing & possession based moveset), Nightmare/Siegfried (Namco character with stances and intense shield pressure), Star Man (grappler [I'm surprised we don't have one yet]), T-Rex Vivosaur (heavyweight with a focus on point management), and so on. If the moveset is fun to play with, I definitely play as them a lot.

I can see a lot of people getting uptight because their character might not make it in. It does kinda get out of hand at times. I've seen VERY toxic arguments break out in the past about how X character should've made it in or Y character should've replaced Z character (like when Marth was revealed in November and people wanted him and Ike to be replaced with Lucina and Chrom [Miiverse was a riot then])and so on. It gets pretty bad and sometimes stressful to even read. And boy, it gets REALLY wild when someone leaks (or "leaks") information about a future addition.

I'm just hoping that things don't get too chaotic when the Fighter Ballot DLC characters are revealed (and that Ray makes it in [among the others that I support[). This whole process felt like a mix between the MLB All-Star Game ballots and the 2012 Presidential Race. It's going to get ugly somehow.

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
Sadly that happens. Meanwhile people get uptight about the choices, I'm just here waiting for what characters will Nintendo surprise us with, seeing only if they're fun to use or not, and move on. That's it.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The results of the Source Gaming Mega Poll (which can be accessed here: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/) are in. Ray got the following:

Untitled.png

Out of 438 possible character choices, Ray managed to get 38th place. In addition, he placed 7th place in the "Other Nintendo Series" portion of the poll (basically retro characters or franchises that don't have a character yet), which had a total of 93 participants. This puts him in the top 8.7% of the overall poll and top 7.5% of the Specific Poll. Now, the rank is determined by the average of all of the votes. Characters with a higher average ranked better while characters with a lower average ranked worse (for the most part).

Overall, we did pretty good! We got in the top 8.7% of the bunch, which is pretty amazing if I have to say so myself! :) Let's hope that Nintendo sees that a good portion of the fans want to see Ray in Smash Bros.!

Edit: An interesting point that someone named Delzethin mentioned in the comments section of the site:

Delzethin said:
I still don’t know how good of an idea it was to base the rankings on average vote rating. With something like this, you’re going to get a bunch of deliberate 1 votes toward characters who have loud detractors or who are seen as a threat by vocal fans of other characters. In a way, setting it up like this is more a way to gauge which characters have the largest or loudest bandwagons or the smallest anti-bandwagons, to see which ones the fanbase thinks you’re “supposed” to like.

I guess we’ll have to see how accurate this ends up being toward which characters actually make it. I doubt any of us will end up being on the mark, heh.

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
YEAH! If Ray made it from 438 to 38, then that's pretty DAMN impressive. I say we're in a good place all things considered with how the other wanted characters are now.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
The results of the Source Gaming Mega Poll (which can be accessed here: http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/) are in. Ray got the following:

View attachment 77133

Out of 438 possible character choices, Ray managed to get 38th place. In addition, he placed 7th place in the "Other Nintendo Series" portion of the poll (basically retro characters or franchises who don't have a character yet), which had a total of 93 participants. This puts him in the top 8.7% of the overall poll and top 7.5% of the Specific Poll. Now, the rank is determined by the average of all of the votes. Characters with a higher average ranked higher while characters with a lower average ranked lower (for the most part).

Overall, we did pretty good! We got in the top 8.7% of the bunch, which is pretty amazing if I have to say so myself! :) Let's hope that Nintendo sees that a good portion of the fans want to see Ray in Smash Bros.!

Edit: An interesting point that someone named Delzethin mentioned in the comments section of the site:
That's very respectable. I was worried he would have hardly any votes, but that's really good.

It's a bit of a shame that all of these poll's struggle to name a Custom Robo rep. Source gaming is really knowledgable, so no doubt they knew what they were doing, but I've seen some very weird conventions in naming a Ray model (e.g. Ray Mk 01, Ray 2, etc.).
I think the best name would be 'Custom Robo', that way it couldn't be confused with any other character and it would represent the entire spectrum of possible Custom Robo models.

The poll was really well done though. Loved browsing through the results.

Top Bottom