• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I didn't see the hint so could you give the time mark for it. Isaac's the next one (basically confirmed since all the hints). I like the MK 3 model mainly because I like its somewhat simple design (simpler than 01) and its also the one they used as an AT in Brawl.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Followed by this:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Mk III does have a nice design. 01 does seem a bit complex design wise (mainly because they used textures instead of materials when making the model), so Mk III might be a bit simpler to draw.

Still, it COULD be a challenge to have him tackle the harder design. Most of the already Smashified characters have pretty simple designs to start with (i.e. Shantae [other than the transparency of her pants, kinda easy to design], Inklings [they already had a recent render, so that one was relatively easy to start with], Travis [fan character with similar features to Lucas and Ness], Rayman [lacks arms and legs, so limbs don't need to be accounted for], etc.), so seeing him tackle a harder design would be nice. However, as Ray Mk III was the AT in Brawl, I think having him be the candidate would help with the recognition of the series. This is a tough issue (sorta).

I do like his work though (I think the scales, fur, feathers, and scuff marks that he puts on them are nice, detailed additions). I just think that a tougher challenge (i.e. a Custom Robo) would be nice to see. However, I bet Isaac will be pretty detailed with the Earth and Armor and all.

Last edited:

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
That Bomberman looks really good. My only quarrel with it is that the belt buckle looks a little under-appreciated compared to the rest of the final product. I wish I could watch them do it in regular speed instead of time lapse, though. I'm going to college for things like the Adobe Creative Suite, and these guys would be excellent to learn methods from. Ah, well. EVIL FOR SMASHIFIED!!!

Err... RAY 01 FOR SMASHIFIED!!

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
That Bomberman looks really good. My only quarrel with it is that the belt buckle looks a little under-appreciated compared to the rest of the final product. I wish I could watch them do it in regular speed instead of time lapse, though. I'm going to college for things like the Adobe Creative Suite, and these guys would be excellent to learn methods from. Ah, well. EVIL FOR SMASHIFIED!!!

Err... RAY 01 FOR SMASHIFIED!!
Well they are doing Smashified Live this month where they show the character they are making live. Its going to be for easy characters to draw though and I believe it will be a Mario character.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Surprise. All we know is that its a Mario character and it isn't Daisy.
Gotcha. That makes sense.

My bets are on Toad. Thanks for the clarification! :)

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Ray mk III is the newest one in the series so I say go with him. If Ray is Smashified, they should draw his commander from CRA with him. Would be interesting to see them try to scale them appropriately.

Also, the Mind over Meta was an excellent article on the SWF main page. I highly suggest reading it. Sorry, no links. Lazy.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys. Can you imagine the chills you'd feel when the Diving sound played every time Ray entered the battlefield?

This sound, in my Smash Bros? YES PLEASE.
https://youtu.be/P_WSTVC62qY?t=14m41s
So I'm guessing Ray's entrance would be getting shot from the cannon (invisible) from the foreground and then him popping out of the cube thing.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Guys. Can you imagine the chills you'd feel when the Diving sound played every time Ray entered the battlefield?

This sound, in my Smash Bros? YES PLEASE.
https://youtu.be/P_WSTVC62qY?t=14m41s
It would be pretty slick to have the diving sound play in the game. It's a pretty neat sound effect and would be a nice nod to the fans.

So I'm guessing Ray's entrance would be getting shot from the cannon (invisible) from the foreground and then him popping out of the cube thing.
Could be that (would make the most sense), but there are instances where the Robo Cannon is completely ignored and you go straight into battle. From the top of my head, these exceptions would be facing against Jameson in V2 (he got a BIG cube in Arena), facing in the Real World stages, rushing Nikaido, facing against Dark Chimera or Rising Chimera, and stopping Yaiba's out of control Lance robo after it knocks out Tsurugi. In addition, I think the Nintendo Power Comics had Marcia and Harry avoid having to use the Robo Cannon when diving into a match that the "antagonist" hijacked into. So, the general rule I GUESS for avoiding the Robo Cannon is to enter the match after it has been used, take someone by complete surprise, fight in the real world, or face against a colossal enemy (barring Arena).

That being said, the Robo Cannon and the Diving Mechanic should both be referenced somehow. Maybe have both happen in the intro? Maybe have the diving happen in the intro and have the Robo Cannon be his recovery move? Beats me to be honest.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think they should have the hero dive and fade out rapidly as the cube falls in and expands. It sounds like a lot, but it could easily work and look quite flashy while being serious CR fanservice.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I think they should have the hero dive and fade out rapidly as the cube falls in and expands. It sounds like a lot, but it could easily work and look quite flashy while being serious CR fanservice.
Sounds good to be honest. If the Hero stayed in the background throughout the match, then it MIGHT bring some trouble to 8 Player Smash. Granted, there really weren't any issues with having 8 Rosalina and Luma combinations at once, but it's best to be on the safe side. So, yeah, having the Hero appear in the intro would be a nice touch.

DeltaLord85

Smash Rookie
Yo! Please add me to the sig list dudes & dudettes! I totally think that it would be gnarly if Ray got in Smash! Plus, his Air Dash would be the equivalent of an air dash from UMvC3 and Tatsu All Stars. He would space like outer space!

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
ToastyPyre made this WONDERFUL trailer for the Custom Robo Videos channel that highlights the main focuses of the channel. Thanks again mate for making this!

Yo! Please add me to the sig list dudes & dudettes! I totally think that it would be gnarly if Ray got in Smash! Plus, his Air Dash would be the equivalent of an air dash from UMvC3 and Tatsu All Stars. He would space like outer space!
Welcome to the guild mate! Got a favorite robo?

DeltaLord85

Smash Rookie
ToastyPyre made this WONDERFUL trailer for the Custom Robo Videos channel that highlights the main focuses of the channel. Thanks again mate for making this!

Welcome to the guild mate! Got a favorite robo?
That's a pretty gnarly trailer there that he made. Bet he took a lot of time to make it!

As for my fave robo, it would have to be Criminal with the Blue Coloring. The fact that he's able to spin around is quite entrancing to me. That and he matches the colors of Wailord, my profile pic mon.

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
I really would like it if they were able to implement the portraits as Smilies somehow. Probably pretty hard to do, but it would be pretty slick if they could do so.

5 questions just popped into my head right now. Feel free to answer any number of them if you want. :)
  1. Favorite game in the series? Why? Any special or fond memories?
  2. Favorite model/class of Robo (i.e. Aerial Beauty, Metal Grappler, Wild Soldier, Misty Mirage, etc.)? You can only choose 1. If you want to elaborate on a specific robo, you can.
  3. What would you title the character boards for Ray if he was successful in getting in? The types of boards would be the following (you don't have to name all of them):
    1. Discoveries/Tricks/ATs (i.e. Ray can cancel his landing lag by air dashing before he lands!!!, etc.)
    2. Social (kinda like how this thread also operates at times)
    3. Match-Up Discussion (i.e. Ray vs. Link)
    4. Matchmaking & Video Thread (place where you post your videos and FC/NNID info for other Ray mains to face against ya)
    5. Q&A (i.e. How can I use Ray's throws effectively?, etc.)
    6. Moveset Data (i.e. Ray's Pummel deals 1% and can be used rapidly, Ray's DAIR has 30 active frames and meteors at a specific hitbox, etc.)
    7. Custom Move Discussion (let's say that he breaks the trend of DLC characters and he gets Custom Moves somehow)
  4. If you were the head designer for the next Custom Robo game, what changes/additions would you make? Basically, how would you design CR6?
  5. What do you love the most about this series? Why?
I'll put my answers in after a couple of responses have been made. I want to hear your opinions 1st (plus I blab a bit too much at times). :)
I know I'm late answering your questions, but here goes my answers.

1.. Favorite CR game.

Their all equally good in my eyes. GX was probably the one I had the most fun with. The corner pressure is intense in that game because of the sheer size of blasts and the hitstun given. You have to be careful about getting into corners in GX moreso than in other CR games. Its exciting.

2. Favorite Robo model.

I like them all so I won't answer.

3. Thread names.

I agree with ToastyPyre on the thread names plus I already answered this.

4. How would you make CR6?

The CR games as a whole need more depth. I would add the options of controlling your pods movement by using the c stick or whatever you set it to. Give Bomb's aim more control plus add in preset aim coordinates so you can hit moving targets. Add the ability to detonate pods manually. Give players the option to cancel bomb fire. Think of how you aim now but instead of the only option out of aim is firing your bomb you can choose to just stop aiming without firing a bomb.

Would bring gunners back and make them an additional loadout piece instead of being the replacement to pods. Can control the direction you charge into. Bomb's aim would get arc targeting, which allows you to hit airborne enemies with the path of your bomb. As a whole, I would try to make it harder to avoid traps and suchwhen your far away and or in the air. I would make the action always ffeel like how CRBR feels whe/ your in midrange grounded and you have to keep that zoning.

5. Why do you like CR?

Because they are so much fun. The CR games have the potential to be an incredibly deep fighting game and an excellent tourney game. This is my favorite series.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
My dad doesn't really like ordering things online so if I do get a Custom Robo, it'll be stumbling across it at my retro video game store.

Yay, questions I can answer!

1. I never heard of the Custom Robo series until Brawl (then again I never really heard of any Nintendo series until Brawl). I saw Ray as an AT and I always thought he was cool but I never really looked into him. Skip ahead a couple of years and now I'm speculating for Smash 4 (before the announcement). Pizzadudemanguy reintroduced me to the idea of Ray in Smash and I looked into his character/series more and I supported him. When Little Mac's reveal trailer came out, I was looking forward to seeing Isaac and Ray (some of the only ATs that should be playable really besides Tingle cuz Tingle's the bomb) but that never happened. Fast forward to the ballot and I got back into supporting Ray.

2. Probably Battle Revolution. I saw some gameplay of it and it looks fun. I don't have a GameCube controller though.
Fair enough regarding the whole ordering stuff online thing. If your folks don't want ya to get stuff via the internet, you should listen to them. :) That being said, I don't know if it is easy to find a copy at a local store.

Yeah, there are a ton of dropped ATs that could be transformed into playable characters IMHO. The possibilities are limitless. I do remember pdmg talking about moveset ideas back in the day. Didn't he make those videos unlisted at one point though? I forget the reasoning for that TBH.

BR is a good game in the series (well, they're all good IMHO). Which controller do you use in Smash 4 BTW?
1. Only ever played Arena, so that's a foregone conclusion.
2. Strike Vanishers. Simultaneously having the coolest name and special ability. Katana has an awesome colour palette.
3. This one required a lot of thought;
1. Robo Cup training: Discoveries, Tricks and AT's
2. Team Numero Uno Clubhouse: Social thread
3. Steel Hearts, Bounty Hunters: Match-up Discussion
4. The Robocenter: matchmaking & video thread
5. Robo Champions: Q&A thread
6. Neobrain Research Lab: Moveset Data thread​
4. I've been playing heaps of Rocket League, so I think the next game should be multiplayer focused, with more free moving controls and online modes. The neon look of the gamecube games would look awesome in HD, and I think Robo fights could be made even better with physics based jetpack boosts.
5. The fact that the customisation drastically changes both the aesthetic and gameplay aspects. Customisation in games often does next to nothing, but Custom Robo's weapons all fired completely differently, and looked extremely unique.
1) Makes sense. Arena was the only title that launched globally, so unless you have an AR Freeloader for the GameCube, you'd be limited to Arena for English speaking games.
2) Strike Vanishers are VERY fun to play as IMHO. Sometimes I just teleport around the arena without attacking because of how fun it is to dash around.
3) Names look great to me!
4) Multiplayer focus is a good idea as having a good multiplayer mode keeps people interested in the game for a long while. I could see them having free aim option like they did in the intro to BR (where Ray was aiming his Rayfall/Gatling gun at Rakansen and then fired a bomb where Rakansen was going to end up [though technically bombs are able to be aimed anywhere]). May I ask what you mean about the jetpack physics though? Would it replace the air dashing or would it be an addition to aerial mobility?
5) Yeah, have to agree about how customization doesn't affect much in most other games [i.e. Mario Kart is just stats, SFxT is for special effects, Tekken clothing is mainly aesthetics and a useless move like a sword swing, etc.]. Custom Robo's parts all function differently in some way (the purposes of Straight Bomb T, Straight Bomb S, and Straight Bomb G are all different despite being in the same "family"), which is pretty amazing IMHO. It's a nice touch to have different parts have different effects.

I know I'm late answering your questions, but here goes my answers.

1.. Favorite CR game.

Their all equally good in my eyes. GX was probably the one I had the most fun with. The corner pressure is intense in that game because of the sheer size of blasts and the hitstun given. You have to be careful about getting into corners in GX moreso than in other CR games. Its exciting.

2. Favorite Robo model.

I like them all so I won't answer.

3. Thread names.

I agree with ToastyPyre on the thread names plus I already answered this.

4. How would you make CR6?

The CR games as a whole need more depth. I would add the options of controlling your pods movement by using the c stick or whatever you set it to. Give Bomb's aim more control plus add in preset aim coordinates so you can hit moving targets. Add the ability to detonate pods manually. Give players the option to cancel bomb fire. Think of how you aim now but instead of the only option out of aim is firing your bomb you can choose to just stop aiming without firing a bomb.

Would bring gunners back and make them an additional loadout piece instead of being the replacement to pods. Can control the direction you charge into. Bomb's aim would get arc targeting, which allows you to hit airborne enemies with the path of your bomb. As a whole, I would try to make it harder to avoid traps and suchwhen your far away and or in the air. I would make the action always ffeel like how CRBR feels whe/ your in midrange grounded and you have to keep that zoning.

5. Why do you like CR?

Because they are so much fun. The CR games have the potential to be an incredibly deep fighting game and an excellent tourney game. This is my favorite series.
1) Interesting to hear that GX is the one you had the most fun with mate, but I can see why. Spacing is very important in the game due to the corners and the fact that the game is on a 2D plane. In the 3D titles, you could move in the X, Y, and Z planes to escape fire. In GX, you only had the X and Y planes to work with, so being trapped in a corner leads to a lot more pain. That and the limited amount of planes you could move in did lead to more follow-ups overall, which leads to faster gameplay.

Plus GX handled parts the best way IMHO. Being able to sell parts or trade parts that you don't want to get new parts that you do want is a good idea IMHO. Plus, tournaments gave you free parts at times, so that was nice!
2) They all have their perks. My top 5 are Lightning Skyers, Strike Vanishers (I hate Glaive though), Shining Fighters, Aerial Beauties, and Wild Soldiers. Metal Grapplers, Burning Beasts, and Trick Flyers are pretty fun as well. Sassy Stunners, Big Boys, and Misty Mirages are alright as well. I never got used to playing as an Old-Timer, a Little Raider, or a Little Sprinter due to how low their endurance stat is (Old-Timers don't have as much of a problem as LRs and LSs though).
3) Agreed. Also liked your names too (i.e. Garage for Custom Moves is good).
4) Those are some pretty amazing ideas mate. I like the Bomb Feinting and the Pod controlling (quick question though: how would that work if you have 2+ pods out at a time? Would the stick control both simultaneously?) personally and I think bringing back Gunners would be a great idea. Dunno why they removed them in the 1st place actually. Depth is a good thing to add to a game series like Custom Robo.
5) I REALLY wish that Custom Robo would become a game that has frequent tournaments. I know Japan had several tournaments during the N64 days and that some people play V2 competitively. If they made a new one for the Wii U or the NX, they could easily implement a tournament mode via the online mode. Winners of tournaments would win parts and in-game currency that they could use to get more parts. The games are also very fun once you get into them. If only Noise advertised them a LOT more and didn't release Arena around the time that Diamond and Pearl came out. If they marketed better, I think the series would've been a lot more well known overall.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Fair enough regarding the whole ordering stuff online thing. If your folks don't want ya to get stuff via the internet, you should listen to them. :) That being said, I don't know if it is easy to find a copy at a local store.

Yeah, there are a ton of dropped ATs that could be transformed into playable characters IMHO. The possibilities are limitless. I do remember pdmg talking about moveset ideas back in the day. Didn't he make those videos unlisted at one point though? I forget the reasoning for that TBH.

BR is a good game in the series (well, they're all good IMHO). Which controller do you use in Smash 4 BTW?
Whenever I'm at my friend's house or when he comes over, he brings his Gamecube controllers and the adapter. Regularly, I use a sideways Wii remote. I actually beat a Fox twice on For Glory with the Wii Remote while playing as Shulk. WiiMote Shulk ftw! Yeah Pizzadudemanguy did have a bunch of moveset videos for Smash 4 and Ray was one of them. I could probably find it for you.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Whenever I'm at my friend's house or when he comes over, he brings his Gamecube controllers and the adapter. Regularly, I use a sideways Wii remote. I actually beat a Fox twice on For Glory with the Wii Remote while playing as Shulk. WiiMote Shulk ftw! Yeah Pizzadudemanguy did have a bunch of moveset videos for Smash 4 and Ray was one of them. I could probably find it for you.
Ah, that makes sense. I remember bringing over a ton of my stuff whenever at college or at a friend's place. I have like 5 GCN controllers and 2 adapters (pre-ordered 2 of them before Smash 4 came out [SO glad I did]), so we sometimes have 8 player smash games (though people do john when they lose by saying that they couldn't see their character [they sometimes still use that john when it's just 1v1]). Can't wait for college to start up again during Spring semester.

Ah, so you play with the Wii Remote? That's pretty impressive that you are able to master the ways of the remote (especially with Shulk!). I have some trouble with the remote at times (I like joysticks more than D-Pads when it comes down to movement for some reason [though the Circile Pad is pretty nice for Ryu inputs IMHO]).

If you could, that would be pretty amazing dude! I know he made one, but I just cannot seem to find it (I think I bookmarked them on my old laptop, so I cannot access them). I think it's actually possible that he deleted the videos, but I don't know for sure. Don't worry if you cannot find them though Pika. I think I remember most of the video anyways. :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Ah, that makes sense. I remember bringing over a ton of my stuff whenever at college or at a friend's place. I have like 5 GCN controllers and 2 adapters (pre-ordered 2 of them before Smash 4 came out [SO glad I did]), so we sometimes have 8 player smash games (though people do john when they lose by saying that they couldn't see their character [they sometimes still use that john when it's just 1v1]). Can't wait for college to start up again during Spring semester.

Ah, so you play with the Wii Remote? That's pretty impressive that you are able to master the ways of the remote (especially with Shulk!). I have some trouble with the remote at times (I like joysticks more than D-Pads when it comes down to movement for some reason [though the Circile Pad is pretty nice for Ryu inputs IMHO]).

If you could, that would be pretty amazing dude! I know he made one, but I just cannot seem to find it (I think I bookmarked them on my old laptop, so I cannot access them). I think it's actually possible that he deleted the videos, but I don't know for sure. Don't worry if you cannot find them though Pika. I think I remember most of the video anyways. :)
Honestly I have no idea how I won with Shulk twice against that guy. I wasn't even using many of the arts.

I just looked up Pizzadudemanguy's old videos and apparently he has removed them. Glad I had some basis for my Samurai Goroh moveset before he pulled it off Youtube.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Honestly I have no idea how I won with Shulk twice against that guy. I wasn't even using many of the arts.

I just looked up Pizzadudemanguy's old videos and apparently he has removed them. Glad I had some basis for my Samurai Goroh moveset before he pulled it off Youtube.
Well, a win on FG is a win in my book (unless if cheap tactics like Kirbycide is used). You did fine! :)

Sucks that he removed them. I wonder why he did....

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
For controlling pods,I would make it where you can switch between the pods your controlling by hitting a button. The pod controlled button would have to be set by the player as autopilot pods are the default. Alternatively, I would let the player have the option of controlling all his pods at the same time. The amount of control you have over the pods is dependant on what pod you have equipped of course.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Requesting to be added to the list I'm 110% behind a Custom Robo character being playable!
Welcome to the clan mate! :)

For controlling pods,I would make it where you can switch between the pods your controlling by hitting a button. The pod controlled button would have to be set by the player as autopilot pods are the default. Alternatively, I would let the player have the option of controlling all his pods at the same time. The amount of control you have over the pods is dependant on what pod you have equipped of course.
Gotcha. So, pressing in the right stick could be used as the button to change the pod being controlled, right?

But yeah, some pods would be kinda OP if they had control. I could see Throwing Pod D.P and Feint Pod F/G benefit from control a LOT (especially the latter).

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
Feint pods would not benefit too much do to the restrictions on pod control. You would only be able control the feint pod on its travel to the enemy and slightly when its stopped. Restrictions would keep pods balanced.

What do you guys think of the Twin Flank pods? They seem rather useless to me in all the CR incarnations.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
See, I don't like this, because the design of the game makes it so pods are for trapping and restriction of movement. They require thought, and controlling them just doesn't seem like a good design choice.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Feint pods would not benefit too much do to the restrictions on pod control. You would only be able control the feint pod on its travel to the enemy and slightly when its stopped. Restrictions would keep pods balanced.

What do you guys think of the Twin Flank pods? They seem rather useless to me in all the CR incarnations.
I was kinda thinking of a gatekeeper approach (think like how Mido blocks your path to the Great Deku tree before you get your sword and shield in OoT). Eh, no worries.

Twin Flank F and Twin Flank G do have their uses when combined with proper support like the Gravity Gun (Giant Sphere of Doom above you + 2 pods that flank you to the sides, which forces your opponent to retreat if an object is in between the two of you). By themselves, they are kinda lack-luster. But with the right support, they can help ya out. It might be more useful in Doubles than in Singles though as your partner would be able to support them with another pod like Float Pod F or something that remains in the air.

I prefer using Feint Pod G, Seeker Pod G, Caboose Pod T, Sky Freeze Pod, and Satellite Pod the most though. All but the Caboose Pod T are useful in pressuring your opponent's movement (Feint blocks paths, Seeker forces movement, Sky Freeze restricts jumping due to it freezing big targets if they jump nearby, and Satellite is pretty good for both ground and air movement restriction [plus you can use 3 of them]) and Caboose Pod T is useful for combos while retreating. Reflection is also kinda useful against Little Raiders from my experience in CR1.

See, I don't like this, because the design of the game makes it so pods are for trapping and restriction of movement. They require thought, and controlling them just doesn't seem like a good design choice.
You do have a good point. Imagine if Speed Pod Ds or Sky Freeze Pods were controllable. You could basically guarantee a hit with them by slightly nudging the latter or controlling the former. Soooo, yeah, kinda have to agree with ya on that now that you mention this.

Edit: Also, sneak peak at what I am doing behind the scenes (a.k.a. why I haven't been on the boards as much).
Sneak Peak.png

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Thanks for the poll mate! So far the results for Ray are looking MOSTLY good overall. 13ish yes votes, 3 no votes, and 10 indifferent votes. At least not many people are against Ray! :)

BOY you better tell me what you up too, don't you tempt me

UniversalGuardian

Smash Rookie
[quote="The One Who Wrote This, post: 19767907, member: 25629 Thanks for the poll mate! far the results for Ray are looking MOSTLY good overall. 13ish yes votes, 3 no votes, and 10 indifferent votes. At least not many people are against Ray! :)

[/quote]
You holdin out on us boy?!?!

Eh kidding but that interface kinda looks like Unity, though I'm pretty sure that's not it.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
[quote="The One Who Wrote This, post: 19767907, member: 25629 Thanks for the poll mate! far the results for Ray are looking MOSTLY good overall. 13ish yes votes, 3 no votes, and 10 indifferent votes. At least not many people are against Ray! :)

You holdin out on us boy?!?!

Eh kidding but that interface kinda looks like Unity, though I'm pretty sure that's not it.
Close! Blender is the actual program that's in the program (I don't know game programming for Unity). I found a way to be able to rip models from BR, so it should help a bit on the modeling front. I'm not going to say the purpose of the models though. That's a secret mate. :p

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I don't see anything wrong with Ray getting in, but I have absolutely no experience in Custom Robo.
No worries mate! The series is kinda more well known in Japan than in the West, so it's COMPLETELY understandable to not have experience in the series. Plus, Noise did a TERRIBLE job at advertising the games, so the games didn't sell well in the West. He is a popular candidate in the Japanese polls from what I could tell (consistently getting in the top 5/6 from polls that I read [Japan LOVES robots]). I can give you the straight and skinny if you want a better idea of the series though.

Your support for us is very much appreciated though mate! Welcome to the family! :)

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

One of my favorite DS games actually. I learned about Ray through a Melee trophy when I found this and the Gamecube version. I think this series has potential to be the Nintendo Armored Core if it really wanted to be. Though Custom Robo has always been much more simplistic yet elegant in design.

I'd support the hell out of Ray. If it wasn't for No Customs on DLC, Ray would be the PERFECT character other than Palutena or Miis to have completely unique customs. He is a CUSTOM Robo after all. Completely change his moveset like you can in the games, while the base model stays the same (normal attacks, etc.)

Top Bottom