• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Support Ray for Smash! - Custom Robo Discussion Thread

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I love V2, it's my favorite title in the series and I played it many times but I am a truly newbie compared with these japanese
I saw many videos from that channel and these guys are just fantastic, how they choose every parts and how they use it....it's on another level for me lol

I would but since I finished it in my PSP I don't know, probably I could get it if I find someone with the game (I never played it in multiplayer)
Also I felt the gameplay more like Gotcha Force than Custom Robo. Customization is pretty similar though
Well, V2 existed in Japan ever since 2000, so they had at least 15 years to practice or something. Still, the matches look amazing. I wonder how they do counter-picking in this game. Does loser get to change a certain number of parts or something?

I've been having dreams of there being a Custom Robo competitive scene that is somewhat similar to Smash Bros.' scene (without the schism of games, that is). It would be cool if Custom Robo got popular again and had more wide scale tournaments. Imagine there being an EVO/CEO/Apex level tournament for Custom Robo with a new Custom Robo game. It would be like the Great Robo Cup, but in real life!

That's kinda another reason why I have been doing all of these updates on Robopedia (I make at least one update a day to it) and these translated walkthroughs (if anyone knows anyone who is willing to help translate, this would help me a TON). If more knowledge is known about the series, then maybe more people would adopt the game and it could get a bigger following, allowing for more games to be made.

LBX does seem to be more Gotcha Force than CR from what I could see gameplay wise. I loved GF a ton (except for the whole "Your Memory Card got Corrupted" schpiel). Used to make sets that had 3 Normal Ninjas (they were surprising OP for being a 150 Cost unit), a Vampire Knight (the HP mechanic was very useful), and Neo G Red (the Sword was very helpful). Wished Capcom decided to do something with the series again (it did get really poor reviews IIRC).

Wait, you mentioned that you played this game (LBX) on the PSP. How long ago was this? Is this game a port of the PSP game or a sequel?

I'm definitely going to buy it, but after studying the treehouse gameplay it seems very different from Custom Robo in a few ways. A lot less aerial movement, larger stages with less cover, and a more over the shoulder camera perspective.

Also I just found this amazing piece of art for Hadron:
I'm debating on making a Fan art section in the front page, but I'm worried about how it would be implemented and how long it would take to load on certain devices.

Btw, I highly suggest you check out Robopedia. @ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This has added heaps of awesome pictures of GX exclusives.
From the footage I saw so far, I think the Holosseums are designed better than LBX stages. Might be personal bias, but the arenas in LBX seem a BIT too big.. The gameplay does also seem a bit more focused on Melee attacks. Seems like a Gotcha Force game or one of those Gundam games to me.

As for the fan-art (that's a nice Hadron photo IMHO), maybe have a poll on this forum page to see if there should be a section. The loading time thing is a concern though.

Regarding the sections, I was looking on the K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats page and noticed how they organized the "Move Arsenal" section. Say if I wrote some stuff for an in depth explanation for different stuff (i.e. Guns, Bombs, Pods, Gunners, Legs, Action Chips, Charges, etc.) and posted it on this page, could we add it to the front (after careful consideration from everyone, that is [wanna make sure everyone is OK with this]) in a similar vein? We would still have the "Supporter Moveset Ideas" section, but we would also have a section that illustrates characteristics of Ray and Custom Robo in general. It isn't necessary, but it might help.

Also, thanks for the shout out! The list ain't done yet (need to add the guns, bombs, sub-weapons, action chips, and Chimera related stuff), but it's a work in progress! If anyone knows strategies/sets for robos, I implore you to help out with those sections on the Wiki page. I only know how to operate Shining Fighter, Aerial Beauty, Metal Grappler, Wild Soldier, Strike Vanisher, and Lightning Sky robos, so I don't know tips and sets for stuff like the Little Raiders, Old-Timers, and Trick Flyers. Any and all help is appreciated! :)

I stopped getting notifications from here... Haha. Sorry I've been gone for 5ever.
No worries! Happy to have you back mate!

But yeah, not much has been going on as of late for several reasons. I haven't been able to post much due to school work for the past several weeks (history final was last week). I'll try to get back into the swing of things though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Regarding the sections, I was looking on the K. Rool's Kremling Kutthroats page and noticed how they organized the "Move Arsenal" section. Say if I wrote some stuff for an in depth explanation for different stuff (i.e. Guns, Bombs, Pods, Gunners, Legs, Action Chips, Charges, etc.) and posted it on this page, could we add it to the front (after careful consideration from everyone, that is [wanna make sure everyone is OK with this]) in a similar vein? We would still have the "Supporter Moveset Ideas" section, but we would also have a section that illustrates characteristics of Ray and Custom Robo in general. It isn't necessary, but it might help.
Well, I think its a good idea. It would help explain what parts do and how it would work in the moveset but make sure to write simply so everyone can understand.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Well, did some data collection in Battle Revolution and it's safe to say the following things:
  • The Attack Stat for robos that is shown is for the damage of the Charge/Collision attack. The true attack values (the damage output of the gun) can be found right here: https://www.reddit.com/r/customrobo/comments/3b9jeh/custom_robo_battle_revolution_attack_values/
  • Each 0.5 in defense is a 5% defense boost/drop. Higher numbers make you take less damage while lower numbers make you take more damage. For example, you take 100 damage from a 100 damage move with 3.0 defense and 95 damage from a 100 damage move with 3.5 defense. Values can be found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/customrobo/comments/3b9px9/custom_robo_battle_revolution_defense_values/
  • In order to compare BR stats with the other games, just multiply their stats by 2. In this case, Ray 01 (who has 100% damage output, 2.5 speed, 2.5 aerial, 2.5 endurance, and 3.0 defense) would have 100% damage output, 5 speed, 5 aerial, 5 endurance, and 6 defense. So, BR Ray 01 is essentially Classic Ray with V2 Ray Mk II's Charge.
As such, all of the Battle Revolution robos have been updated on Robopedia. Feel free to add to the set and strategy sections for the Battle Revolution robos (which can be found on this page: http://customrobo.wikia.com/wiki/Custom_Robo_(GameCube)).

This leaves Per Mille, Pico, Takeshi RyuHitoshi (武龍斎 a.k.a. Doctor by the fans), Atama-gen Hitoshi (頭源斎 a.k.a. Gramps by the fans [not the same Gramps as in Arena]), Jane, Pamela, Kaiser Head, Keen Head, and Rising Chimera for page creation of Robos on the Wiki. Feel free to help out if you want to. It would be appreciated! :)

Well, I think its a good idea. It would help explain what parts do and how it would work in the moveset but make sure to write simply so everyone can understand.
Alrighty then! I'll work on it and will present it here once I get it written.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
I feel like Bradli Wartooth lol. Stopped getting alerts. Please, SWF, this my favorite thread, give me alerts.

@ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This
Awesome that you found the attack power stats. Why does CR always have to hide it lol?
Ditto about the alerts. I don't see too many of them either. You think it relates to activity of this page or is SWF kinda buggy at the moment?

And thanks! Dunno why Noise likes to hide the attack values in all of their games (barring GX for some reason). I know CR1 lacked the attack stat, but V2, BR, and Arena all had hidden attack stats. When I was a kid, I always thought that BR Javelin had horrible attack, which made me not choose him all of the time. Now that I see that his attack stat is the same as the other SVs, I'll likely use him and Halberd all the time (don't like Glaive's charge or design).

Same dealio with the Power Style robos in Arena. I thought that they were all inferior to the Speed and Armor robos due to the screen not showing the power statistic. They REALLY should have the Power Multiplier appear as a statistic like in GX for future titles.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Had some spare time and was able to compile a list of all of the parts in the series and which games they appear in (as well as their legality and the like). It also has calculated totals for those who wanted to know how many parts are available in each game for each tab. Feel free to use this document as a reference if you want.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OrMzOPE1rEqgF6mFueZ5s796bZMOusPQufEWaWBU_Lk/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: Also, a cool dude from the Robopedia known as Ray01Geo (really nice guy) managed to find a website with some of the official artwork (credit goes to this site: http://www.legendra.com/rpg/fiche-galerie-1-supports_id-6-rpg_id-3392-type-art-rpg-custom_robo__battle_revolution.html). I'll put them in spoilers so they don't take up too much space:

Edit: So, any ideas on how to re-invigorate the campaign again?

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Had some spare time and was able to compile a list of all of the parts in the series and which games they appear in (as well as their legality and the like). It also has calculated totals for those who wanted to know how many parts are available in each game for each tab. Feel free to use this document as a reference if you want.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OrMzOPE1rEqgF6mFueZ5s796bZMOusPQufEWaWBU_Lk/edit?usp=sharing

Edit: So, any ideas on how to re-invigorate the campaign again?
The campaign is at it's strongest when we're filling the internet with our voices. I've been lazy with how much I create, so I'm very thankful to you for picking up the slack. You've done an amazing job.

I've noticed the website that most commonly mentions CR is 4Chan. The way that the character portraits of Custom Robo (GC) display emotions allows them to be easily memefied, which is something that needs to be pushed further.
@ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This , I've put the Custom Robo Arena character portraits on Reddit, but I can't find all the Custom Robo (GC) character portraits anywhere. The Arena one's were on Spriters Resource, perhaps if you can rip the CR character portraits, you could put them in the image section of characters robopedia page, or in an album on Reddit. If they are easily accessible, people can use them for fun online.

Also, if anyone has ideas for further things we could do, or requests that others may be able to help with, share them so we can work together on them.

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The campaign is at it's strongest when we're filling the internet with our voices. I've been lazy with how much I create, so I'm very thankful to you for picking up the slack. You've done an amazing job.

I've noticed the website that most commonly mentions CR is 4Chan. The way that the character portraits of Custom Robo (GC) display emotions allows them to be easily memefied, which is something that needs to be pushed further.
@ The One Who Wrote This The One Who Wrote This , I've put the Custom Robo Arena character portraits on Reddit, but I can't find all the Custom Robo (GC) character portraits anywhere. The Arena one's were on Spriters Resource, perhaps if you can rip the CR character portraits, you could put them in the image section of characters robopedia page, or in an album on Reddit. If they are easily accessible, people can use them for fun online.

Also, if anyone has ideas for further things we could do, or requests that others may be able to help with, share them so we can work together on them.
I agree about the voices part. If we want Ray to be in Smash, we DEFINITELY need to be more active. That being said, I have a couple of tests that I have to take for the next 2 days, so I will likely be less active for that period. I'll be back after they are done though. Thanks for the complement though! :)

Huh, 4Chan. Really? Who knew.... Well, at least they're actively being used there.

I agree about making the portraits more accessible. However, I have NO idea how to rip them other than screen capturing the screen at the time. When looking through the files, I notice these BIN files in scenario_us and scenario_jp called snr_chara.BIN, rpg_t_models.BIN, snr_map.BIN, snr_obj.BIN, and rpg_f_models.BIN. I bet those are the files that contain all of the models and portraits for the main characters (and maybe the robos). However, as they are BIN files, they are proprietary, so I don't know how to open them up. If there is anyone who is skilled in extracting GameCube files, I definitely need their help. Tried asking for help on the VG-Resources Forum (right here: http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-27167.html ), but I got no response. You know where else I can ask (or where I can have someone rip them for me)?

Maybe we could work on a video that highlights key moveset features for Ray? I have Sony Vegas, so I can render a video and then pump it out.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Posted right now. Hopefully someone will respond.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/obtaining-models-from-custom-robo-gcn.392484/

Edit: Man, I'm an idiot. Forgot about the texture dumping feature that Dolphin has.

I'll work on them a bit, but here are some of the Hero's textures (at least the American ones):

Edit: And am going to rip the Japanese disc for the Japanese sprites as I don't know how to open the BINs.

Edit: And wala! All of the portraits in the USA version of Custom Robo Battle Revolution have been ripped. Here is the album: http://imgur.com/a/T0gEl

Also threw in the "Thank You for Playing" screen in the album just for kicks.

Last edited:

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice
Posted right now. Hopefully someone will respond.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/obtaining-models-from-custom-robo-gcn.392484/

Edit: Man, I'm an idiot. Forgot about the texture dumping feature that Dolphin has.

I'll work on them a bit, but here are some of the Hero's textures (at least the American ones):

Edit: And am going to rip the Japanese disc for the Japanese sprites as I don't know how to open the BINs.

Edit: And wala! All of the portraits in the USA version of Custom Robo Battle Revolution have been ripped. Here is the album: http://imgur.com/a/T0gEl

Also threw in the "Thank You for Playing" screen in the album just for kicks.
These make me

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Sooo, what's our next plan of attack now that the USA BR portraits (I'll get to the Japanese ones in a bit) have been extracted? Video that shows off moveset (might need spriting to show off how it works in action)? Portraits from N64 games? I got the sound files for the GameCube game (including the fabled Dragon Gun sound effect, Evil's laugh, and the "uh" sound effect that everyone makes when talking) if anyone needs to use them for videos.

These make me
Personally, these portraits make me go
instead. BR had AMAZING portraits IMHO.

OMG YES

ALL THE GOOFY AVATARS

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THAT MEANS TO ME

tHANK yOU SO MUCH
Glad I could help dude! If you want them in a single ZIP file, please message me and I can send them to ya.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

I'll draw something right away to honor him. My art skills might not be the best, but I will draw a thank you picture dedicated towards him. He was a great man and a wonderful leader. I'll never forget him for everything he has done for us and for everyone.

May he rest in peace. I'm sure he went to Heaven.

ToastyPyre

Smash Apprentice

Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. Without you, our favourite Nintendo experiences might never of happened.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Rest in peace, Satoru Iwata. Without you, our favourite Nintendo experiences might never of happened.

This is utterly amazing.

May I use this for a compilation?

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Shoot. I didn't even see this.

May I use this awesome artwork too?
You have my permission mate. Iwata was a great man that deserves as much praise as possible. He did so much for all of the gaming community and was a great leader for Nintendo even before becoming the CEO. I mean, he was able to add Kanto to Gen 2, program Earthbound from scratch, and translate the battle mechanics of Pokémon from the Game Boy games to the N64 with little to no reference docs. Also, he was willing to cut his own paycheck to reduce the costs of the 3ds and company expenses when the 3ds was struggling and when employees were having a hard time. Truly this man was caring and honorable. Without him, I don't know how gaming would've been able to progress.

I hope my image doesn't seem too sloppy. Did you want it cleaner or is it alright as is?

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
I can't even begin to express the sadness at the loss of one of the greats in the gaming industry and one of my heroes. Hell, without him, we might not even know what Custom Robo is. He was the executive producer for the GameCube version, and for that I thank him. Now it's just up to us to understand and leave luck to heaven, as it were.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I can't even begin to express the sadness at the loss of one of the greats in the gaming industry and one of my heroes. Hell, without him, we might not even know what Custom Robo is. He was the executive producer for the GameCube version, and for that I thank him. Now it's just up to us to understand and leave luck to heaven, as it were.
He touched a lot of my favorite games, I still can't believe he's gone.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
Just checked Kohji's (basically the father of Custom Robo if you guys remember) twitter page. Here's what he said:

This ROUGHLY (I suck at Japanese, so I'm paraphrasing [the meaning is kept the same]) translates to the following:

I learned about Iwata's death. What can I say? The first time I met him was during the development of the GBA game "Custom Robo GX", right before it was appointed to Nintendo's president. Also, during the development of "Custom Robo Arena [direct translation is "Fierce Fight! Custom Robo" BTW]" for the DS, Iwata-san decided various things such as Wi-Fi support and the game's title. I respectfully give my condolences.

Basically, Iwata was the reason why Custom Robo Arena had WiFi support. Truly he had a very important impact on the series ever since GX (GX was the 1st title where the copyright info had Noise/Nintendo [the 1st 2 were when Marigul was still around]).

I still miss him deeply. He is a great man who was (and still is) very important to the gaming community. He brought joy to our lives and sought to improve everything for the gamer.

Last edited:

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
Hey, come on! Cheer up guys! There's really only one thing to do now, and that's to play some video games. It's what Iwata would have wanted! And since we're all superfans of Custom Robo, I think it's an apt choice for such an activity. Been playing some for the day on the GameCube, and it's still as much of a blast now as it was when I first played. Quite nostalgic, in all the best ways. :)

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hey, come on! Cheer up guys! There's really only one thing to do now, and that's to play some video games. It's what Iwata would have wanted! And since we're all superfans of Custom Robo, I think it's an apt choice for such an activity. Been playing some for the day on the GameCube, and it's still as much of a blast now as it was when I first played. Quite nostalgic, in all the best ways. :)
I don't own a Custom Robo so I decided on playing my Iwata Swordfighter in Smash. He's immortalized through that game.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
You're right mate. We should play our favorite videogames in honor of him.

I'll continue with my recorded playthroughs of the Custom Robo series so they can eventually be uploaded (after they are translated for the 1st 3 games [still on V2 {on tournament 5 out of 30+ tournaments (V2 is VERY long)}]). The more footage of the series there is, the better. It brings more exposure to the series, which allows for more fans to be generated.

Also, found a neat tidbit. It comes from the Project M voting board that ToastyPyre brought up one time when we were discussing about what size Ray could be. Basically, the poll had Ray in the Top 10 characters that should be made for Project M via the Clone Engine. In addition, he has the 2nd best approval-disapproval ratio, clocking in at a whopping 98.99% approval rate (Mach Rider has a 100% rate but had fewer votes). Basically, while he isn't as widely known as K. Rool and Ridley, he doesn't have many people disapprove of his inclusion. Basically, if he was more well known, he would have a TON more support (that's a given though). Plus, he doesn't have too many people who don't want him in.

The page, BTW: http://smashboards.com/threads/new-characters-for-project-m-discussion-thread-voting-closed.341479/

Also, 3 quick questions. I was thinking about one of Ray's potential movesets and was wondering 3 things.
  1. Should Ray be able to borrow charge moves from some of the other robos (specifically the Shining Fighters and MAYBE Wild Soldiers & Strike Vanishers) to help with the physical department (i.e. Ray's Side Smash becomes Glory's/Shade's upwards charge if the stick is tilted upwards, V2 Ray MK II's/BR Ray 01's/Arena Ray MK III's Vanishing Tackle if held sideways, or V2 Ray's/Javelin's Short Range Shoulder Check if held downwards. Also, Ray's dash attack is Sol's/Arena Ray MK II's Sliding Tackle move)? If not, then how should he behave? Borrow some Military-based moves (V2 had you go to Takuma Academy, which is literally a Military Academy for Robo Commanders), Bounty Hunter moves (Steel Hearts), and Police Officer moves (GX and Arena frequently featured the Police and it was implied that the Hero in Arena later joins the police force after the Grudge Matches)? Modify some guns into physical attacks (i.e. Blade Gun for BAIR like someone mentioned in that thread I posted a paragraph ago)? A combination of said techniques?
  2. Should his special moves change if he is in the air like in the games (i.e. Rayfall Gun launches immediately if fired from the air, etc.)?
  3. Should he (if not in Smash 4, then in future titles) have an "Ask a Friend" Smash Taunt on his stage where Harry/Liv/Shinichi/Taihei/Genta/Yusuke and the Heroes' pals chime in about the opponent? I think it would be pretty entertaining honestly (especially if Ernest chimes in once in a while).
Edit: Managed to find a way to dump the textures from the N64 games. Example of one mugshot from said game:
Shinichi Battle.png

Thing is, the mugs are actually saved into 2 separate image files so they can re-use parts of them when needed. As such, said image was actually the following 2:
custom robo#F75FEC48#0#2_all.png
&
custom robo#DE907E58#0#2_all.png

Last edited:

Zach777

Smash Journeyman
If Ray is on his holosseum stage and activates his "ask a friend", Marv should randomly appear and put in his two cents on how he is better than you while his theme song plays. Epic hype.

What Star Fox character do you think should randomly chime in if any? I thought it was funny when Slippy Toad talked to Snake.

Ray should have arial versions of his gunfire because it is from his games. Thats a given.

I am game for giving Ray charge attacks from other robos..

Last edited:

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
If Ray is on his holosseum stage and activates his "ask a friend", Marv should randomly appear and put in his two cents on how he is better than you while his theme song plays. Epic hype.

What Star Fox character do you think should randomly chime in if any? I thought it was funny when Slippy Toad talked to Snake.

I am game for giving Ray charge attacks from other robos..
I totally agree. Maybe have him chime in when activated against Wario or someone kinda portly. Both are slobs in general.

As for the random Star Fox character, how about R.O.B. 64 when talking about R.O.B.? Would be kinda funny to see his reaction.

And I think the charges from all 120ish robos (gotta exclude some of the GX ones as they lacked charges barring Action Chips) should be able to cover Ray's physical attacks (if he needs them). I mean, you got Sol's Sliding Tackle, the signature Vanishing Tackle, Wilson's and Anne's backflip kick, Hadron's Uppercut and Diving Kicks, Shade's and Glory's upper tackle, Ray's shoulder check, the defensive charges like Pipit's and Gorion's, and so on. This defeats the argument that Ray lacks in the physical department.

That being said, the charges will likely leave him open if he misses.

AceZTeller

Smash Apprentice
snippity snippity 3 questions snip
1. Heck yes, I totally see him using his charge for a side smash, an anti air for an upsmash, and a spinny one for a down smash. The spinny one can maybe be moved just like CR.

2. Hella, or else he wouldn't feel like a custom robo character, and you know how sakurai likes his accuracy.

3. IDK, I feel like that's almost too niche for the nintendo fanbase to appreciate, but I'm all for Marv telling everyone how he's better than you.

The One Who Wrote This

Great Robo Cup Champion
NNID
Cyberking1994
3DS FC
1719-3182-9276
1. Heck yes, I totally see him using his charge for a side smash, an anti air for an upsmash, and a spinny one for a down smash. The spinny one can maybe be moved just like CR.

2. Hella, or else he wouldn't feel like a custom robo character, and you know how sakurai likes his accuracy.

3. IDK, I feel like that's almost too niche for the nintendo fanbase to appreciate, but I'm all for Marv telling everyone how he's better than you.
Seems fine to me! I personally was thinking that his side smash could be changed like Little Mac's so we could leave his up smash and down smash open for other moves, but having all 3 smashes be charges would work as well.

Good point about the air vs. ground thing. I do wonder what will happen for the guns and bombs that don't change when done with an air shot. Should they be given a new function via creative liberties (i.e. Ground Dragon Gun shot is the normal one that we know and love while Air Dragon shot is a smaller and weaker but much faster version) or should they be ignored and just fire the same for both ground and air?

And yeah, good point about the niche thing. Plus, they would need to hire new voice actors if they decide to do that. Still, I wouldn't mind hearing Ernest's voice. Wonder which voice actor would work best with him if he had a cameo.

Top Bottom