• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Super Smash Land] - Final Build 1.1 Online

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Emmmmmmm.... That is Samus Map :glare:
I don´t know what you may suppose, but i am will only help. :urg:

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Again, Samus isn't in this game. He's only making maps for characters that are actually in Super Smash Land.

4nace

Smash Ace
Wooohhh Activity. Sorry, I've been gone for so long. I actually just recently started working on this again (yesterday) so it is time to start crunching to get the game out by the end of the month.

As for the sprites. They are looking good Skipps, thanks for sharing! The Samus map is pretty sweet, I really like the platforms. I think you can tighten up the ground quite a bit. Take a look at the levels from Smash Land to see how i handled edges and things in the immediate background (but that you can't interact with).

The items look pretty good as well. I think you could get the pokeball less square and get the heart a bit bigger and closer to the one from the games. But the sprites are looking good, and if you enjoy making them, then keep it up and feel free to post them. Right now I have no plans for items or a samus level, and I am hoping to release the game at the end of the month as I said. But after that, I am more than willing to get some collaboration in and possibly start working on a version with community created characters / stages / songs / items. So keep honing those pixel skills.

Also, I am very sorry for lack of updates the past two months. I promised you all a video of the new stage, and that stage is nearly complete, so I will work hard to try to get that video up when I can.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Umm, 4nace, the link to demo 2 is broken.
Mind fixing that?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

4nace

Smash Ace
Hmm the download is on the lower right corner. That should give you a .zip that works. If that says it is corrupt then perhaps getting the YYG instant play is worth it. Let me know if you can't get it.

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
thank you Dan^^

- when you need sprite Map or other Items, tell me which and i make it for you.
- When you make the game with more languages, i can translating in German.

- and Mario is a little bit weak and powerless, Zelda Kriby and Pika are stronger as Mario

And here is a other Idea for more charakter :D

Sry my english is bad :D

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Hmm the download is on the lower right corner. That should give you a .zip that works. If that says it is corrupt then perhaps getting the YYG instant play is worth it. Let me know if you can't get it.

-Dan
Did not see that.
Thanks for telling me.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
thank you Dan^^

- when you need sprite Map or other Items, tell me which and i make it for you.
- When you make the game with more languages, i can translating in German.

- and Mario is a little bit weak and powerless, Zelda Kriby and Pika are stronger as Mario

And here is a other Idea for more charakter :D

Sry my english is bad :D
Not trying to come off as harsh, but our roster is final.

Dan DID however speak of a community-based expanded version that might be made, so it's possible

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Hey Dee, come on now, he's being so enthusiastic and hard working about this that it's hard to stay mad at him :p

And actually, translating the game in other languages would be awesome! Skipps can do it in German, I can do it in Portuguese, I'm sure there's a french guy somewhere around here who could translate it to French :)

And lol@Skipps criticizing Mario's power. Yeah, most of us feel that way, but Dan keeps saying that Mario is as tough as the other characters, hehe. That's probably because there's someone among his playtesters who's REALLY REALLY good with Mario (I'd say that "someone" is Wrastor).

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
And actually, translating the game in other languages would be awesome! Skipps can do it in German, I can do it in Portuguese, I'm sure there's a french guy somewhere around here who could translate it to French :)
A friend of mine named KTH is French.
I know some Spanish.

4nace

Smash Ace
@Skipps
That roster you put up looks pretty good. Unfortunately i am only doing 6 characters for the release at the end of this month. And both those secret characters are complete now. I have been tweaking them for about a month while I worked on other projects, but they feel pretty balanced, as some of their moves have been reworked.

But if you are feeling brave enough to start spriting a character, i am thinking of cleaning up the engine and releasing it to the community this summer.

As for Mario, I was telling Wrastor that he needs to make a combo video for when Smash Land releases and he told me that he'd think about it. So maybe you guys can finally see his power =P.

But right now, I am pushing hard to get all the multiplayer content done, where as features like endless mode and such will be the last thing I tackle so if it is still WIP, the tournament can still run smoothly. I want to have them in the game and have arcade mode complete and polished but there is a lot to do and little time, so I am prioritizing my efforts.

As for translating, I think its a great idea, but not likely to be done for the end of the month. As I get close to being complete if I upload all the images with text do you think you guys would be able to give back translated images?

Thanks,
Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
I can translating it to German. Give me the Text and i translate it in 30min.:)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I can do it in Portuguese. Translated images I'm not sure, but I could just translate the text I see in the images and then you input the text into them?

(I don't think I have the font you used for SSL's credits, for example. Heh)

4nace

Smash Ace
Yeah, well right now there is nowhere where I draw words with code. All text is done with images because with Game Maker's draw_font, you cannot turn anti-aliasing off, so all buttons and such are images and all numbers are done with sprites 0-9 of different sizes.

But once I am done all the menus, I can upload them and give tips on how I made them to see if people can change the language.

EDIT:

Here is a video of me talking and showing off the Tower of Heaven stage as well as the game itself. Post here with your comments or thoughts.

SORRY ABOUT THE AUDIO BEING MESSED UP IN THE CLIPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfUShNe4joM

-Dan

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
But once I am done all the menus, I can upload them and give tips on how I made them to see if people can change the language.
Maybe in that case I could do it :)

The video is nice! Kinda hard to understand at times what exactly are you saying, but the general idea is there and I understood the new stage completely. And speaking of it, IT'S AWESOME! It's indeed like WarioWare, but instant! Don't forget to add more conditions, like "Thou shall not jump", bwahahahahaa!

Also, a guy on the youtube comments makes a pretty good point: When it says not to touch a living thing, shouldn't that include the other players?

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Maybe in that case I could do it :)

The video is nice! Kinda hard to understand at times what exactly are you saying, but the general idea is there and I understood the new stage completely. And speaking of it, IT'S AWESOME! It's indeed like WarioWare, but instant! Don't forget to add more conditions, like "Thou shall not jump", bwahahahahaa!

Also, a guy on the youtube comments makes a pretty good point: When it says not to touch a living thing, shouldn't that include the other players?
Watch the actual game. He's used all laws in Tower of Heaven. Thou Shalt not jump wouldn't work; how would you recover? I think Thou Shalt not crouch would be better.

4nace

Smash Ace
I'm thinking of going crazy with the rules, but as DeeNinja points out right now the rules are directly from the game. The only rule I am missing is the 5th rule, "Thou shall no longer check the rules." I am thinking of turning that into "Thou shall not check the damage or lives." and then it hides the bottom bar while the rule is up.

I just finished the Zelda inspired stage that is secret =). Now I am working on teaching the AI how to play the secret characters. I am also trying to figure out how the AI pikachu can chain multiple quick attacks even though a player cannot =/

I have alot of stuff ordered and ready to go for the tournament. I am also in the process of getting a site just for the Smash Land download. But unfortunately for Smash land, but fortunately for my girlfriend, I am bringing her to Harry Potter World on Thursday and won't be back til monday. I still think I can get everything done. Just have to push really hard.

FUNNNNN =P

-Dan

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
[insert "screw your girlfriend!"related pun here]

I didn't realize that you had lifted the Laws straight from the original game. My bad then. That alternate 5th rule would work good for SSL though :)

Also, the Pikachu AI is probably cheating, derp. Massive imputting or something.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hey 4nace,

Did you ever expand on the trophy idea?

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Dan. You mentioned some sort of bonus incentive for attending SSL's release tourney thingy. The time's drawing near. Exactly what is it? Some sort of special in-game event-only content or something(ala Pokémon)?

4nace

Smash Ace
@Shortie

Yeah, I did a few characters in my style, but I won't have time to have a trophy system implemented for this week. I think I will do an achievement with trophy system during the summer when I have time since I like the idea. But for the release this weekend, there will be no trophies =(.

@DeeNinja
Well now the tournament is in south jersey, but Smash Land will still be there. The exclusive stuff will actually be physical prizes for tournament winners. I will make sure to take pictures/video for those of you who cannot make it.

Also, I will most likely be uploading the game on Friday night for you guys to test out and give me some quick feedback/bugs. I probably won't advertise the release on the internet for another week (so you guys will be my testing help) =)

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
I am glad and I'm looking forward to seeing your Testdemo on friday :)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yay, we get the "closed beta" demo then :D

I'll scour the game when you post it online, you can trust me , hehe.

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Ohhhhhh, I can't wait anymore~! Give us the closed game early! Pleeeeaaase~
/impatience

4nace

Smash Ace
Currently locking all the secret stuff and finishing up the last stage. You should have a playable build sooonn..

But I am warning you now. There will most likely be bugs =P

-Dan

4nace

Smash Ace
Beta Testers get Beta-Testing. Right now one Stage is missing a song and the SFX on the two secret characters are not finalized.

There will probably be lots of bugs, but my friends and I are going to be bug-testing tomorrow, so I will share this with you now so you can find them as well. Been playing it mute recently so there could be a few sound bugs.

I gotta go to bed, let me know if you find errors:

http://supersmashland.com/

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Ok, the Game ist very Good :bee: ,

But i had found a Bug:
I had played with Me****** (spoiler) but the score was not save.

And why is Me****** (spoiler) ever the Boss ?

4nace

Smash Ace
Ahh good call with that bug. It makes sense too because I never added it. Doing that now.

As for him being the boss... wellll I didn't have time to make one and i figured he worked since people always wanted him haha.

Look out for more bugs. =) And good luck finding the other secret character haha.

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
Other Secret charakter? mmhmmm I Player ever with one Heard and kill ever the Boss but i saw not the Other scret charakter. mhmmmm

Edit:

I found a other bug by Meg**** (spoiler)

When i make a flying platform and jump on the platform and use the leaf-barrier and touch a enemy, the stone-barrier won't work.

Edit2:

I dont found the Last Charakter. I have 570840 Total Score and i have finish with the 5 Character the Arcade Modus, but i dont found the last Character.

4nace

Smash Ace
Thanks for that glitch. I think i found out why that happened. Fixing now.

As for the last secret character, I can give you a hint but it may ruin the surprise. Keep playing for now haha =P

-Dan

DeeNinjaa

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I've actually been playing for a while and I have no idea how to unlock the other secret character besides mentioned-before. At least tell us what mode he/she is unlocked in?
EDIT: Encounted bug(I think). Link is able to throw bombs through the platforms on Hyrule. Unsure of other stages. Not sure if this was intentional.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Ack! I can't even unlock the 1st secret character!

Hint please :(

EDIT: oops, just did it.

By the way, is there a minor graphical glitch when you reach the final boss on the arcade mode? I could swear I saw it flickering...

4nace

Smash Ace
Hmmmm not sure about flickering. As for the other secret character. Since I am tipsy, I will give you a hint. Try playing matches in saffron. See if you run into anything.

-Dan

Skipps

Smash Rookie
so now i have Total Score 628460 + Meg****(spoiler char) Score 18000 = 800000 Total Score :( , but i see not the last secret character. pls more tips. :scared:
and i play ever in the versus mod in saffron city but i dont see the last secret character :mad:

And I think the whirlpool attack by Meg**** (spoiler char) is not good. I think a Cutman attack with scissors is better.

And the gun by Meg**** is stronger as the fireball by Mario. Pls make the fireball stronger or make more fireballshots for Mario. :)

Here more Ideas:

1player & 1CP vs 2CP in Arcade ( with random LvL and characters )
1player & 2CP vs 1CP in Arcade ( with a giant enemy )
1 vs 1CP in Arcade ( with a metal enemy )

Bug by CP Meg**** (spoiler char):

When the CP fall in the abyss, he don´t use the flying platform. The CP Meg**** (spoiler char) ever dies when he fall in the abyss :) .
and I had maked a fight CP vs CP vs CP vs CP, but Meg**** (spoiler char) falled ever in the abyss :bee:

Meg**** (spoiler char) is a distance fighter, but he run ever in the fight and he die. That is very dumm :bee:

:bee:

Top Bottom