• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 At Apex 2015

FEFIZ

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3325-4003-4948
I'm a lover and player of all smashes and wanna see all in APEX 2015 =/

TunaAndBacon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TunaAndBacon
Can't wait to see Newgrounds Rumble at Apex 2016!

But really... this over PM is just complete nonsense.

Last edited:

Gionni

Smash Apprentice
Never heard of it, seems cool, a 2d smash game, and there are Final Fantasy Black mages yes, but if this is a fan game... PM is a mod... I don't get it

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
It kind of makes me laugh a sad laugh when people act like this is replacing PM at Apex even though several people have already said its just a Booth that has been there before.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Alright, let's count how many salt comments about Smash Flash over PM are there about this situation by clicking "Spoiler".

One.

The face at the bottom gave it away. Two.

I agree with you. Too much Goku. Three.

Jontron face FTW. Four.

And you shouldn't be. Five.

Five.

Six.

I can't tell. "Alright" could mean anything. Umm.....Six-point-five. Nah, never mind.

Look at his face guys. Seven.

It counts because he still thought SSF2 got in over PM is ridiculous. Eight.

Apparently. Nine.

Ten.

Eleven.

Twelve. (yes I count)

This comment has more logic than you think it has. Thirteen.

Fourteen.

Fifteen.

My face if I wasn't angered. Sixteen.

I'm going to assume you want to give that person 1000000000 likes on that post. Seventeen.

Opp. You said you were going to drink. Probably means depression. Eighteen.

Nineteen.

Guys, 19 F**king Comments all about the salt!!!
Chaos is everywhere now.
i don't quite understand how mine is related to pm at all considering i did not even mention pm. i just despise ssf2. and ssf.
Yet you have a Anmie icon.
how this discredit his post at all?

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
Several people overreacting as usual. Typical Smashboards behavior to point fingers at people and games and make claims when a little reading ("Super Smash Flash 2...will be returning again this year to host a booth at Apex") and context can go a long way.

As a Project M fan, it makes me feel awful seeing quite a few of our fellow smashers lash out at a game that they feel took less effort to make than a mod like Project M.

Not one game I feel takes more or less effort than the other to make. In fact, it's pretty friggin' hard! Some of you make it seem as though making sprites, animations, hitboxes, physics, stages, and god knows how many other aspects of a Flash game is just a breeze. Fan projects like SSF2 and Project M both demonstrate admirable attention to detail as well as balance, but also take I imagine brutal amounts of hard work to get each project where they are now.

Please respect others is all I'm saying. I don't personally care for Melee, but I don't go around spreading venom and toxic about it being featured at Apex 2015, but rather I'm happy the game to this day continues to feature such a strong scene worldwide. It sucks that Project M won't be hosted this time around, but it's understandable given time constraints, and hey, just cause it's not featured doesn't mean I stop playing it.

This rude, unnecessary bashing of other games people enjoy need to stop, whether it's brackets for a big tournament or, in this case, a booth like they have for a few years now. And congrats to the SSF2 team for getting the game to the quality state it is in right now! :)

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
This is bull.
This is the stupidest bull.
The case for the assumption that Nintendo's presence put the brakes on PM just got cut down a few pegs. So too any legitimate excuse as to its non-presence.
No, if Nintendo decides to notice PM, they have to legalled cease and desist it. They can keep SSF2 around, but they legally cannot sponsor a tourney mod of their game in, in any way. PM used Nintendo's game and worked off it, while SSF2 has a combination of it's own engine and Frankenstein, as well as not using a base, and not absing it off any specific smash game. it is also very potentially competitive, like no airdodge or ledge sweetspot out of tumble, as well as more hitstun and no acting out of it.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
No, if Nintendo decides to notice PM, they have to legalled cease and desist it. They can keep SSF2 around, but they legally cannot sponsor a tourney mod of their game in, in any way. PM used Nintendo's game and worked off it, while SSF2 has a combination of it's own engine and Frankenstein, as well as not using a base, and not absing it off any specific smash game. it is also very potentially competitive, like no airdodge or ledge sweetspot out of tumble, as well as more hitstun and no acting out of it.
I thought the issue wasn't only the engine IP, but the IP of the characters and concepts in general?

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
i don't quite understand how mine is related to pm at all considering i did not even mention pm. i just despise ssf2. and ssf.

how this discredit his post at all?
Well that disgust image could've related to Smash Flash over PM, considering the fact that there were "why is PM not here" before and after that post. It just really looked like a salt post towards that specific comment to me. There's still salt anyway, considering its disgust.

Zoa

Smash Ace
People who comment about how this is at APEX and not PM please read this:

IT'S A BOOTH. THERE IS NO BRACKET.

This is a fantastic fan made game. Just like PM you can talk with the devs about how you feel. It's great. I've sent Cleod9 some e-mails about SSF2. They're great people that even talk with you about it.

@[TSON]

Not sure if I remember the old dev blogs correctly, but didn't you give Black Mage the unique Smash attacks? If so, thanks so much. I really enjoyed that.

Psionic

Smash Journeyman
Well that disgust image could've related to Smash Flash over PM, considering the fact that there were "why is PM not here" before and after that post. It just really looked like a salt post towards that specific comment to me. There's still salt anyway, considering its disgust.
i totally am salty, i was just playing devil's advocate.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Wait, unless I'm missing something wouldn't a booth be paid for and mainly friendly matches? Why can't the pm people just do the same thing?

D

Deleted member

Because no software was hacked.
And this is a logical reason? If either one of these games was to benefit Ninendo, it would be Project M since it might actually convince some people to go out and buy a Brawl disc or a Wii. SSF2 won't.

Look, I have absolutely nothing against SSF2. It actually looks like a lot of fun, but the idea that it is somehow "less harmful" to Nintendo than PM because it's not a mod to an existing game is absolute BS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
*expecting floods of people still salty about Goku (my main, by the way) being in like usual whenever SSF2 comes up*

*gets floods of people salty about something else entirely*

...huh.

Last edited:

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
After all of my discoveries I've made to SSF2, including some that have been patched out, Like Lloyd's Dair Jump, I'm not going to apex.

I was going to enter Melee if I went too.

You can dash Cancel in ssf2 at any part of your dash, Something I noticed while researching

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
.......Well, I think I'm gonna get tall glasses of adult beverages after seeing this news. lol

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Wow. This turned into Wahhh no PM thread
Regardless, been keeping up with this project for a few years now. Glad to see its still coming along

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
All of you are ignoring the most important detail: CLEARLY SANDBAG IS PLAYABLE!

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
And this is a logical reason? If either one of these games was to benefit Ninendo, it would be Project M since it might actually convince some people to go out and buy a Brawl disc or a Wii. SSF2 won't.

Look, I have absolutely nothing against SSF2. It actually looks like a lot of fun, but the idea that it is somehow "less harmful" to Nintendo than PM because it's not a mod to an existing game is absolute BS.
No, it's lawfully true. allowing PM in a sponsored tourney breaks the law, and then people could use this against Nintendo and other large gaming corporations, permanently. It could have the potential to ruin their reputation, because crazy as it seems, society is willing to hold large companies for things like that. SSF2 is simply a game, not harmful at all. Allowing a fan game in a sponsored tourney rather shows that they're willing to accept games not made by them, making Nintendo look less harsh rather than more stupid.

masterpad

Smash Journeyman
No, it's lawfully true. allowing PM in a sponsored tourney breaks the law, and then people could use this against Nintendo and other large gaming corporations, permanently. It could have the potential to ruin their reputation, because crazy as it seems, society is willing to hold large companies for things like that. SSF2 is simply a game, not harmful at all. Allowing a fan game in a sponsored tourney rather shows that they're willing to accept games not made by them, making Nintendo look less harsh rather than more stupid.
wrong, false, wrong!!! even if SSF2 is not a mod, it use licensed characters and following your logic it alway could ruin the true owners of these licence.

so , just don't argue with nothing. PM is not the first mod on earth. Brawl has a builder for custom stage.. loose it!

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
wrong, false, wrong!!! even if SSF2 is not a mod, it use licensed characters and following your logic it alway could ruin the true owners of these licence.

so , just don't argue with nothing. PM is not the first mod on earth. Brawl has a builder for custom stage.. loose it!
The first thing you see in the game is them mentioning how all rights belong to original owners. So that means that even though the game is theirs, every character, stage etc still kinda belongs to Nintendo, SQUARE ENIX... Just by mentioning that reduces the risk for everyone involved. Plus, if allowing a fan game as a booth had as much potential to ruin Nintendo, it wouldn't be in or Nintendo wouldn't sponsor. It's in a booth, so less people will know, watch or even care about it, meaning less people to mention how it is a fan game, less people mentioning legal rights, and LESS RISK.

tl;dr the game mentions that everything belongs to original owners. Plus being in a booth by default lowers risk, not to mention the game isn;t as popular as PM.

D

Deleted member

The first thing you see in the game is them mentioning how all rights belong to original owners. So that means that even though the game is theirs, every character, stage etc still kinda belongs to Nintendo, SQUARE ENIX.
Are you implying that, unlike SSF2, PM is trying to take credit for the creation of the characters in the game? Because that couldn't be further from the truth.

Your reasoning still lacks any kind of logic. Stop trying to defend stupidity.

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
All of you are ignoring the most important detail: CLEARLY SANDBAG IS PLAYABLE!
Yes, but all jokes aside, who would want to play as Sandbag in a really huge competitive tournament like APEX?

Redd500

Smash Apprentice
Are you implying that, unlike SSF2, PM is trying to take credit for the creation of the characters in the game? Because that couldn't be further from the truth.

No. He's responding to masterpad's claim that SSF2 is just as guilty of copyright infringement. His argument against PM is that hacking into a console and changing a game's code, at least with the Wii, is a way larger offense compared to just using the characters in a fan game, hence why SSF2 has a minor booth and PM is gone altogether.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

I'm not implying that> i'm responding to an argument saying SSF2 is doing just as much copyright infringement. I'm not saying PM is taking credit. Saying one thing doesn't take credit doesn't mean the other automatically is. And you're saying I'm using bad logic... Please don't come to the most ridiculous conclusions just for the sake or mining salt and trying to look right, without any reasoning behind it.

If it's really that hard to get, which it isn't, here it is, in glorious green bolded caps:

[salt]THE FIRST THING YOU SEE IN SSF2 BEFORE YOU CAN EVEN PLAY IS THAT THE CHARACTERS AREN't THEIRS. PM DOESN'T DO THE SAME THING AND IT'S A MOD SO IT ISN'T AS SAFE FOR OR FROM NINTENDO, BUT IT ISNT SAYNG THE CHARS ARE THEIRS EITHER.[/salt]

Hope that was more easy to understand. Have a nice day:p

Last edited:
Top Bottom