• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 At Apex 2015

ZLF Aurora

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5734-1939
SSF2 has nothing to do with the APEX-PM controversy so why the negative energy pointed at this article? We've been at APEX running a booth for 3 consecutive years now :/ (and we can confirm we did not pay for them to remove PM though that would be brilliant for us to use on Brawl)

Why not support other community projects that are achieving similar success as PM has?
No.

Brim

Smash Ace
NNID
Bitterbub
Oh great. You suck at research AND you lack reading comprehension. You wanted a source. You got it. Go take off your Fedora and take a break kiddo. It's been stated that it's a booth. Not an event. It didn't replace anything. Had P:M stayed, guess what? Smash Flash was already there and would be there either way.
...And your point that I don't do research is where exactly? You do realize that because I do not post my sources of information, does not mean I don't have them.
Also, other than trying to insult me again, you still have insisted on making the same point that I do no research.
But, as I'd expect this is probably my fault. Isn't it? Well, then, I apologize for being an ass, and the like. Now let's get on with this.
https://bustedcartridge.wordpress.c...o-says-no-to-popular-smash-bros-modification/
Above is a link pertaining to the information about Project M being not allowed in APEX tournament play. Now, would you like me to find the exact quote, or would you like to read it and find it yourself?
Since you insinuate you have such perfect reading skills, it shouldn't be a problem.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Announcer -''Hey , a Mod Smash will get in along with other games!''

People - ''YAY! PM IS BA....''

Announcer - ''YES, its
Super Smash Flash 2!!''

People -

Pyr

Smash Lord
...And your point that I don't do research is where exactly? You do realize that because I do not post my sources of information, does not mean I don't have them.
Also, other than trying to insult me again, you still have insisted on making the same point that I do no research.
But, as I'd expect this is probably my fault. Isn't it? Well, then, I apologize for being an ***, and the like. Now let's get on with this.
https://bustedcartridge.wordpress.c...o-says-no-to-popular-smash-bros-modification/
Above is a link pertaining to the information about Project M being not allowed in APEX tournament play. Now, would you like me to find the exact quote, or would you like to read it and find it yourself?
Since you insinuate you have such perfect reading skills, it shouldn't be a problem.
1) You're an idiot. There. Insult given for this post too.
2) I gave you a DIRECT QUOTE FROM ONE OF THE LEADS OF CEO GAMING. I don't give a **** what wordpress (wtf are you thinking? Wordpress?) says. I got someone INVOLVED IN THE ACTUAL DECISION saying that Nintendo was not involved and exactly why P:M was dropped.
3) The lack of research post was a general sentiment. Not directed towards you. Again, reading comprehension.
4) You do research. You just REALLY suck at it.

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Stop crying over PM people, its not gone, its not getting taken away, its just not at Apex "This" year! I for one have never played Smash Flash 2 and looking forward to trying it

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I must say I've never played Super Smash Flash 2 before mainly because I'm not a PC gamer anymore.

And remind me why some of y'all are having temper tantrums over Smash Flash being chosen over Project M?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
No need to be petty, Project M fans. Super Smash Flash 2 has been a mainstay in the indie dev section at APEX for two years (we were alongside them in 2013) and is in no way replacing Project M. Good stuff to those guys and congrats on returning again. =)

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might not have gotten Lloyd in Sm4sh but seeing SSF2 being in APEX is hella great news. (Also WOOOO once again to Isaac)

Also I don't think SSF2's inclusion has ANYTHING to do with PM's exclusion from this year's APEX, so calm yo bits and get a cool drink.

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Well, PM fans, your shields have definitely broken, better hit you with another Ganondorf U-Tilt.

All joking aside, Super Smash Flash 2 shouldn't be the reasoning to get so salty. Project M was most likely taken out because of Nintendo's involvement in the matter (since it's using Nintendo's resources and Nintendo is sponsoring APEX if I'm correct), while Super Smash Flash 2 is in because it doesn't use Nintendo's resources at all (however, some sprites are edited from games; like Yoshi, Sonic and Sora, from Yoshi Island DS, Sonic on GBA and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories), and even when they use resources, they make sure to heavily edit them down to make them more original.

D

Deleted member

as pm players we have to be honest together here- we cant compete with a game that has isaac.

someone tell strongbad to put isaac into pm

and then goku

Last edited by a moderator:

Custom

Smash Cadet
So will SWF be adding a SSF2 forum? I mean this obviously is in direct response to the player spike in that game making it more popular than PM which has to be the reason it's at Apex in any fashon. Right?
I'm going to go drink.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
idk like i'm confused. of all the things you could get upset about why:
- a similarly-setup community project that has pmdt/projectmgame.com listed in the credits, the pm logo, dracula's castle, and turbo mode in the game. it's as if the developers actually like pm and want to promote it for those with consoles (???!)
- a project that is a booth, not a bracket at apex
- a project that has been at apex consistently for 3 years straight
- a project that an ex-pmbr member is working on

it would have taken about 3 minutes worth of research to figure out that we are not replacing anything we're simply doing the same thing we've done the past 3 years and hell yeah that pm logo will be intact when we're streaming from the floor. pmdt are like our big bros and we have and will continue to do nothing but support them. the hostility is uncalled for and you'll see the pmdt members that posted in here are echoing that exact sentiment. plz stop calling us a ****ty animu game ur hurting my gay feelings.

anyway while ur all riled up feel free to Try The Game whose article u commented rude things on, it's Pretty Good: http://tinyurl.com/PlaySSF2

(love u neko & sb :V)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I play PM quite a lot, but i honestly don't care it's not there this year. IMO smash U is so much better. More casuals and some competitive players are going to be choosing smash U over PM for character choice. SurePM has all cut vets but Smash U is getting mewtwo, already has a marth clone, has dr mario, and no cares about YL or pichu unless they get changed drastically. Anyway i look foward to watching this stream. I hope to see a few newcomers and a trailer or update on story mode. Maybe even geno finally....

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
So uhh... lets add the 2d flash game that took 100 years less hard work and sweat and not the competitive mod that has its own section on Smashboards!
Logic at its finest. This post perfectly describes how I am feeling right now.
This flash mod has been in work for years. A smaller team, but much more work was put into it than PM. Pm had a base to work off of, all SSF2 had was a failure, a joke, so they pretty much rebooted it and restarted with nothing. This isn't even what the thread is about.

Also do your research SSF2 has a booth not a bracket, TSON just came up and said that. plus they've been Apex 3 years straight, removing them would not get PM in.

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Man, I've been following SSF2 since day 1. Seeing how far it's come is amazing. If you guys want to learn more about the game, I recommend checking out SoldierSunday's Twitch stream. He frequently streams the game, and you will be able to find some of the devs in chat.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
No need to be petty, Project M fans. Super Smash Flash 2 has been a mainstay in the indie dev section at APEX for two years (we were alongside them in 2013) and is in no way replacing Project M. Good stuff to those guys and congrats on returning again. =)
I'm glad the P:M devs are understanding the situation.

hype machine

Smash Journeyman
This flash mod has been in work for years. A smaller team, but much more work was put into it than PM. Pm had a base to work off of, all SSF2 had was a failure, a joke, so they pretty much rebooted it and restarted with nothing. This isn't even what the thread is about.

Also do your research SSF2 has a booth not a bracket, TSON just came up and said that. plus they've been Apex 3 years straight, removing them would not get PM in.
Yea I saw the character sprites for SSF2 and they're litterily copy and pasted from Super jump stars, wouldn't doubt if other things were copy and pasted too

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
PM "fans", seriously? you're just using smash flash 2 as a scape goat for your angry feelings. The main difference between smash flash 2 being at apex and pm is that smash flash 2 doesn't use a nintendo system and game to mod and make their own game, but there are other reasons to.
1. project M is the most popular smash mod in the gaming community; since nintendo doesn't support mods, especially popular mods (though they've given a lot of respect by refusing a cease and detest on it), they view project M as a threat if it was on stream.
2. people like you guys complaining and blaming other games for the removal of project M are as bad as the people who complain about clones in smash 4; dark pit wasn't the cause for the lack of a new character such as crystal, they just didn't have time. Just like smash flash 2 isn't replacing project m, it was always there since 2011.

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Alright, let's count how many salt comments about Smash Flash over PM are there about this situation by clicking "Spoiler".

LOL, this doesn't make up for PM BTW
One.
Finally! A fan mod at Apex! Glad some nonofficial smash games are getting some exposure.

:yeahboi:
The face at the bottom gave it away. Two.
I never knew that seeing a game I enjoy playing, being at APEX, could cause me so much salt...

Seriously, how can this be there but not PM? It even has character's unrelated to Smash/Nintendo in it... the legal implications are even worse. I really don't understand.
I agree with you. Too much Goku. Three.
Smash Flash 2 at APEX...but...no PM?
Jontron face FTW. Four.
Ah, so this is why Project M was removed.

I'm not impressed.

At all.
And you shouldn't be. Five.
PJSalt

PJSALT
Five.
But... PM...
Six.
Smash Flash at Apex but no PM.

Aight lol
I can't tell. "Alright" could mean anything. Umm.....Six-point-five. Nah, never mind.
Look at his face guys. Seven.
Aa much as I dislike PM...

To think that SSF2 got in over PM is ridiculous.
It counts because he still thought SSF2 got in over PM is ridiculous. Eight.
So PM isn't even allowed to be at the venue, but we can have SSF2 :/
Apparently. Nine.
Wow. Just look at all the professionalism spewing out of Apex 2015
Ten.
7.8/10 not enough ech
But seriously yeah no PM whyyyyy
Eleven.
PM cancelled from Apex 2015. My reaction: OK fine.....I see. It's a mod, not an official game. I get it.

Super Smash Flash gets in on Apex. My reaction:
Twelve. (yes I count)
So uhh... lets add the 2d flash game that took 100 years less hard work and sweat and not the competitive mod that has its own section on Smashboards!
Logic at its finest. This post perfectly describes how I am feeling right now.
This comment has more logic than you think it has. Thirteen.
Um... No, this game shouldn't be at Apex instead of Project M, this is really stupid. It might be immensely popular, but PM is just better as a competitive game.
Fourteen.
super smash flash but no PM what the sense make>??????????????? I R no understand
Fifteen.
Announcer -''Hey , a Mod Smash will get in along with other games!''

People - ''YAY! PM IS BA....''

Announcer - ''YES, its
Super Smash Flash 2!!''

People -
My face if I wasn't angered. Sixteen.
+1000000000 :(
I'm going to assume you want to give that person 1000000000 likes on that post. Seventeen.
So will SWF be adding a SSF2 forum? I mean this obviously is in direct response to the player spike in that game making it more popular than PM which has to be the reason it's at Apex in any fashon. Right?
I'm going to go drink.
Opp. You said you were going to drink. Probably means depression. Eighteen.
So this stupid flash game gets to be at Apex, but not PM!!! WTF!!!! This is stupid.
Nineteen.

Guys, 19 F**king Comments all about the salt!!!
Chaos is everywhere now.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Alright, let's count how many salt comments about Smash Flash over PM are there about this situation by clicking "Spoiler".

One.

The face at the bottom gave it away. Two.

I agree with you. Too much Goku. Three.

Jontron face FTW. Four.

And you shouldn't be. Five.

Five.

Six.

I can't tell. "Alright" could mean anything. Umm.....Six-point-five. Nah, never mind.

Look at his face guys. Seven.

It counts because he still thought SSF2 got in over PM is ridiculous. Eight.

Apparently. Nine.

Ten.

Eleven.

Twelve. (yes I count)

This comment has more logic than you think it has. Thirteen.

Fourteen.

Fifteen.

My face if I wasn't angered. Sixteen.

I'm going to assume you want to give that person 1000000000 likes on that post. Seventeen.

Opp. You said you were going to drink. Probably means depression. Eighteen.

Nineteen.

Guys, 19 F**king Comments all about the salt!!!
Chaos is everywhere now.
I wasn't even salty. More of a peppery

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This annoucement is kinda late but better late than never.

Im here to watch FREAKING ISAAC. My heart is pounding and cannot move how he gonna turn out... Im so freaking nervius... Soo excited......

Remember Sandbag in the end of the trailer, that how PM Got powned.
Man, I can smell the SALT on this.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
I honestly like this game because bomber man is in it. Bomber man is my childhood hero.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
This is bull.
This is the stupidest bull.
The case for the assumption that Nintendo's presence put the brakes on PM just got cut down a few pegs. So too any legitimate excuse as to its non-presence.

Mr. Cuddles

Smash Apprentice
Disclaimer:i love pm. it is my favorite smash game ever and it is awesome

PM players , we should NOT insult SSF for being in Apex. We didnt like PM being made fun of so we shouldnt do it to SSF. i played the game, and while i suck at it , it is still an awesome game and should be in APEX. just because pm isnt in ONE tournament doesnt mean it is dead or dying, tournaments dont determine that, playerbase does. we should insult SSF or any smash game. we are a community. instead of fighting lets accept each other. We join as one and play the smash games we love.

But what do i know , im just a guy who plays pm.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
People must be getting Flame Choked (that goes two ways) off the edge.

I like PM, I like SSF2, but I have to give my honest opinion; I don't care if they have booths or brackets, they are just games that people have worked hard on for the past few years, and yes, I said it; they are just GAMES, nothing more nothing less (yes, I know PM is a mod, but I call it a game nevertheless).

Truth be told, you guys who are flaming this article are being selfish, immature, egotistical, rude, bossy and quite negative about the situation. The PM Developers and Smash Flash 2 developers would back me when I say:

You guys need to just stop, settle down and just watch, despite what happened. It doesn't matter if Smash Flash 2 is there and PM isn't, and if it were the opposite, it wouldn't matter, people are still going to play those games, they'll be at other tournaments, and they are not going anywhere anytime soon.

They are just games, and neither of them will replace each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've been reading the stuff around here, so I get it. Even if this didn't make ot Project M wouldn't have either. It's not directly replacing it.

Top Bottom