• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Flash 2 At Apex 2015

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Smash 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M, Smash 4, all names that quickly come to mind when many people think of Smash. However it seems many people sometimes forget there is another very popular fan made Smash game out there that is getting lots of play, Super Smash Flash 2.

Super Smash Flash 2 for those who may not have heard of it is a fan based smash game created by McLeodGaming which let's you play as classic favorite like Mario, Marth, or Donkey Kong, other characters from games such as Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Black Mage from Final Fantasy, Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia, alongside Bomberman, Tails, Mega Man, Chibi-Robo, and even make the long term meme of playing Goku in Smash a reality (with Ichigo and Naruto as options as well). The game was listed as number 5 in GamesRadar's list of "10 Games That Should Not Be Cease And Desisted" and gets over 400,000 plays a day on McLeodGaming alone making Super Smash Flash 2 Demo 0.9b one of the most popular Flash games online.

These guys know how to make one heck of a Smash game.

Super Smash Flash 2 has had a presence at Apex since 2013 and will be returning again this year to host a booth at Apex. Anyone who visits the booth will have a chance to play the upcoming version of Super Smash Flash 2 before its upcoming release! For those interested in the game but can't make it to Apex they will be providing a live stream of the event through their twitch channel at http://www.twitch.tv/mcleodgaming so you can join in on the excitement from home. McLeodGaming has also released an official teaser video for the event to give you an idea on what might be coming up!

"Viewers can expect to see lots of screaming, lots of fun, maybe a couple spoilers, and a surprise or two!"
TSON SSF2 Developer

The video shows Isaac from Golden Sun, a character previously announced to be coming soon to Super Smash Flash 2 what looks like Sanderson's House (a possible Chibi Robo stage?) and that Sandbag looks like Home-Run contests may be added as well. There may be other interesting surprises in store as well, so if you're interested you should definitely stay tuned as all of the Apex excitement unfurls as there's no telling what kinds of announcements might happen!

SmashCapps loves to play as Black Mage and plans to keep the stream up while he watches tournament matches to see what is coming to the game. If you want to talk about Super Smash Flash 2 or just keep him company, why not follow him on Twitter and start a conversation?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm just a little bit worried about the coming flame war from those who really wanted project M. Either way I'm hype for Smash Flash 2, played it a lot in high school

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Finally! A fan mod at Apex! Glad some nonofficial smash games are getting some exposure.

:yeahboi:

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I never knew that seeing a game I enjoy playing, being at APEX, could cause me so much salt...

Seriously, how can this be there but not PM? It even has character's unrelated to Smash/Nintendo in it... the legal implications are even worse. I really don't understand.

juddy96

Smash Lord
I never knew that seeing a game I enjoy playing, being at APEX, could cause me so much salt...

Seriously, how can this be there but not PM? It even has character's unrelated to Smash/Nintendo in it... the legal implications are even worse. I really don't understand.
Because no software was hacked.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Woo. Incoming war about why this should be allowed and not PM. GG. Then again, keep in mind that this is not going to be an actual official apex tourney, right? Like Melee and Smash 4?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Fairly sure PM was prohibited from being a side event as well as being a main event. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754

Nintendo has acknowledged the game and let it be. Fan games are legal, shutting one down would take unnecessary work.. mods are more troublesome. So the game can be at Apex.

Guys, there's a difference between a mod and a fan game. While i wanted PM to be at Apex and am unhappy it's not, Nintendo's sponsoring doesn't affect SSF2. And that's a good thing. Don't make it a bad one. PM won't die from this.

Not to mention this is basically a side event There is no huge bracket for this, just a booth. So even if this didn't make it, PM wouldn't have either, for unrelated legal reasons.

Last edited:

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
That's interesting.I need to play this game.It's good to see fan games getting exposure.

...That said,I really support Project M.However,it isn't its exclusion from Apex that gets me.It dosen't really matter to me as I couldn't go anyway,though it is worrisome what it may mean for P:M's future.

What bugs me is people being GLAD over it,and making fun of P:M for silly reasons.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
If only Isaac was in smash 4... I don't play this game so I'll probably watch it since I love smash bros and I'm curious how Isaac plays.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No offense, but this is kinda late to the draw. This was announced weeks ago.

I am a frequenter at McLeodgaming, I could let the writers know about new info and such if needed?

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Honestly, I take this over PM any day.

Besides, even if Nintendo is willing for fan projects to become official, they never liked PM in the first place, so honestly I'm not that surprised.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
No offense, but this is kinda late to the draw. This was announced weeks ago.

I am a frequenter at McLeodgaming, I could let the writers know about new info and such if needed?
Not all news has to be late and breaking. I wanted to let folks who may be interested and not have seen it know what was going on. Usually I'm up to date on news too, but if you have any good tips totally send em my way so we can get em out!

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
That's interesting.I need to play this game.It's good to see fan games getting exposure.

...That said,I really support Project M.However,it isn't its exclusion from Apex that gets me.It dosen't really matter to me as I couldn't go anyway,though it is worrisome what it may mean for P:M's future.

What bugs me is people being GLAD over it,and making fun of P:M for silly reasons.
Ikr, this is dividing the community in a bad way. we don't need Brawl all over agin with a more stupid incentive. It'll make the smash community(ies) look bad.

Indefa

Smash Apprentice
People saying "PM should be there instead of this game"...

Am I wrong is thinking that SSF2 is just going to have a booth? it's not going to be taking the place of PM or anything...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

aww I was really hoping for Shrek Super Slam at APEX instead

welp

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Well at this point Juggleguy needs to explain why we can have booths for unofficial works but not events. We can't assume that it is "because Nintendo" anymore. This is why CEO's explanation was nice. At least the community has closure on the issue there.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Aa much as I dislike PM...

To think that SSF2 got in over PM is ridiculous.

D

Deleted member

lolsmashflash2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Smash Flash 2 hype

Why don't we have a Smash Flash 2 section btw? This is like one of the BEST fanmade smash games that are...sprited....y....and such.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
That sucks really, at least we can finally play as Goku in Smash. :troll:
Comments right now

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I know right? Ok I need to remember this is a decent forum, unlike Smogon Mcleodgaming Sky 9.
Nah I'm just an internet n00b.

Btw,off-topic but that screenshot of the Chrono Trigger fan sequel in the list of 0 games that shouldn't be C&D'd,where that guy said it was 'interesting how they moved through time in such a mindless manner' has a great point.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I can feel all the salt and burns from PM players already. Not too crazy about the fan game since it's way too fan-based for my tastes.

Top Bottom