• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Good, glad to hear that you guys have fixed that stuff up. Next demo should be pretty good!

Although it would be pretty cool to be able to select an alternate costume, I was just suggesting that you permanently make P2 look different (different color scheme/ lighter or darker shade, ect). That wouldn't take up any extra space and would just require some recoloring.

Although I totally agree that one of the best parts of the game will be the number of characters, you can't count out dittos. Dittos remove character advantages and help to show who truly has more skill. Eh, that's just my opinion though.
Yeah, the whole idea for characters, though, is to make them all as good as we can. Like giving Ganon his energy ball projectiles and cape to reflect projectiles if timed correctly. That will ensure that characters are balanced if they're all good, right? See, it's almost like cheating - we promised balanced characters and we're actually making every one of them overpowered. So it's like overpowered character vs overpowered character every match, which would require skill, thus making the game competitive.

I don't really understand what you're saying though about P2 - if both P1 and P2 can't use the same character at the same time, then why change P2's color scheme?

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
Where's Amy Rose, I will demand you to add her because of Annoyingness for many players and she will be good with that hammer.....

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Oh, maybe I misunderstood something. So you can't have P1 and P2 be the same character? I was saying that you 'can't count out dittos', or in other words, that you should expect some players to want to play a dittos match. If both players love link for example, they should both have the option of playing as him. Anyway, that's where the recolors come in. If that isn't an option though then yes, recolors aren't necessary.

Oh, and I guess I never responded to the question about spriting. I'm okay at it, but nothing compared to some of the spriters I've seen out there. I'm better at taking existing sprites (mostly old school stuff) and editing them to make them look better. Basically, I can't really help you out there.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I think what he means there is that, in comparison to the staggering number of characters they intend to put in this game, why should Amy, a side character hardly capable of fighting in any game and particularly under the radar as a potential player in this game by the "masses," why should she be in there?

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
Well for one, one of your reasons to include this character, is
that "they would be annoying". Now does this sound like a good reason to you?
I don't think so, your reasoning for them to include the character is that they would
be a disliked character.

Think about that for a second.

Secondly, sure we need female characters, but why do we need a female sonic character?
Sonic and Knuckles can easily be included without Amy, because any fool can make the same
argument for any sonic character. Sonic and Knuckles but not Shadow? What about Tails?
Big the cat? It's NOT your game, they can cap the series's representatives at whoever they want
Sonic and Knuckles just happened to be main characters, you know, what with there being a game
called "Sonic & Knuckles". There's no (OFFICIAL, not counting hacks/bootlegs) "Amy the Hedgehog"
game because she's annoying.

omegabros

Smash Rookie
super smash flash 2 is a disgrace to the smash bros history and it looks like a game for "noobs" and what the hell? why add anime the game looks even worse even with the sequel.

omegabros

Smash Rookie
im not a noob ive been playoing smash bros for 11 years i know smash flash is nothing compared to smash brothers. personally i could make a better game thank gayass mcleod gaming.

Corigames

Smash Hero
First of all, welcome to smash boards. Secondly, stop posting on smashboards.

At least, in the way that you are. Don't triple post. There's an edit button that you can use if you have further thoughts on the same post. Just because you've played smash for 11 years doesn't mean you know how to play the game in the competitive setting. If I were to try to play Command and Conquer online, despite my experience in playing it since the first came out, I would be smothered because I never played it to the standard that it CAN be played. Also, knowing the roots of something doesn't make you a pro. Just because you know where Samurais come from does not make you one.

Also, so much blind hate... sheesh.

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
super smash flash 2 is a disgrace to the smash bros history and it looks like a game for "noobs" and what the hell? why add anime the game looks even worse even with the sequel.
SSF2 is an amazingly good fan game. If you actually expect it to compare to the smash bros series though then you obviously know absolutely nothing about programming. Professionals are payed to make games for the actually series whereas SSF2 was just made by a few people during their free time.
im not a noob ive been playoing smash bros for 11 years i know smash flash is nothing compared to smash brothers. personally i could make a better game thank gayass mcleod gaming.
1) You may not be a noob but you certainly sound like one.
2) No fan game can ever be as good as the original
3) I very highly doubt that you know how to program. Prove me wrong, post a link to something you've made.
ive known smash brother when it was starting its roots
3 posts... seriously? Before you jump into a thread and start insulting someone's game at least learn the guidelines for posting in the forum.

And BTW, this thread isn't even about SSF2-- it's about SSBC. This might not be the best place to talk about your dislike of the game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Really, Want to explain some because theres the right of Sonic & Knuckles being there but not Amy and she would be the only Strong Sonic girl character besides Rouge the Bat.
Just for your information, why do you think there needs to be a female Sonic character? If all Amy has is a hammer, then why put her in? And characters are NOT supposed to be annoying or cheap in this game, just powerful - as far as character stats. Spamming and camping should be against the rules in this game, so I'm completely against annoyingness.

I can guarantee you Amy will not be playable. However, three more important Sonic characters will join - you can probably guess who they are pretty easily.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
hey, i like your game, i could help you sprite, im not bad but too good either but ill do my best

alvicala

Smash Cadet
si today comes out the demo, rite?
Ill be waiting to try it out =D

EDIT: oops i failed. It wasnt today, but tomorrow.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I'm a bit curious about it, myself. *Favorited video, will check out link soon.*

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
Sounds really good, can't wait to try it out. And congrats on all the work and effort you've put in, regardless of how it turns out.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
can this game put different type of links as well like fierce deity, deku link etc, i know there is already wolf link butit wouldnt hurt to add one more or 2

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Uh, the different Links is an interesting idea. I'll tell you this: Fierce Diety Link IS in the game somwhere - maybe you can figure out what he is on your own. There are plenty of possibilities.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
*Looks forward to seeing Yoshi sometime*

Color me interested in this project.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
i know someone made a deku link sprite (its my real life friend), i'll PM you the sheet. i dont know would it do any good but look at the sheet first and i also hope you dont mean to put fierce deity as an alternate costume

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I wonder if I should get in on this crazy project. I've got some sprite sets that would be awesome on Crusade. First I want to see how the demo looks, though. :)

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Yeah the website's been down for at least a week from what I can tell. Are you guys updating it or did something happen?

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
dont put goku, hes an anime character and you said your not goin to put anime character

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
This is usually the reason why a game with 50+ characters will never see fruition... the file size is either too large or the loading time is just unbearable.

I haven't tested it myself though yet, so I'll go try it out now.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Well first, it doesn't have all of the characters. This is just a demo. And second, it's not that there's too much loading time, it's that it freezes on the loading screen.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Sorry, but this game just isn't starting for me. I waited around and eventually the game DID go past the loading screen, but then it started going lagging like crazy and I couldn't exit out at all. And this is a fairly decent computer, so I'm thinking it's something with the program itself...

Top Bottom