• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Well, so that I don't take up so much of the page with comprehensible speculation, I'll make spoilers.

Creatures from various horror games could fit into this game well as either Assist Trophies or Characters, but as we all know, the lack of them in this game so far, as well as any Super Smash Bros. game or fan game, is very startling. Now if I were to give any thoughts or ideas for what we could expect to see if there is a horror representative in the form of a creature, these would be the possibilities:

Tyrant T-103 / Super Tyrant: Appears in Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This particular Tyrant would be a very slow character with walking, but the dashing is incredibly fast. It also has slow, yet extremely powerful attacks comprising mostly of punches. As its own Final Smash, it could turn into the Super Tyrant, a faster and more deadly version of it.

Red Pyramid: Appears in Silent Hill 2. The original version of Pyramid Head, and just like Tyrant, it would be a very slow character, but unlike Tyrant, it would always be slow in both attack speed and mobility. As its Final Smash, the siren horns start to blare and soon, he leaves, leaving creatures behind to attack opponents. Of course, not all of its attacks would be slow, as it has a spear that it could use.

Slender: Appears in Many Horror Games, prominently Slender: The Arrival, which did port to the Wii U. There have been multiple versions of Slender Man, but again, he would be slow, but would have fast attacks to compensate, as well as an amazing recovery move. There is a video game incarnation of Slender Man known as "Mark Slender", thus any argument against the character of Slender being in the game due to not being in a video game would be somewhat invalid. Its Final Smash would allow it to impale the opponents, the screen turning black and then causing very heavy damage on them, and substantial stun for potential follow-ups.

The Chaser: Appears in Slender: The Eight Pages and Slender: The Arrival. Unlike the rest, Kate is the absolute fastest character of the creature bunch, and being known as a "Proxy" makes her a creature of sorts, as she is not truly human. She has fast punch attacks and a decent running speed, but a somewhat limited recovery. Her Final Smash could be summoning Slender Man to attack the opponents and deal very hefty damage depending on distance, ranging from 70% to 50% closest to furthest.

As for Assists, I can see common non-boss creatures such as the Lickers, Lying Figures, Wendigo, Ghosts (Fatal Frame), Specimens (Spooky's House) or even any Five Nights at Freddy's animatronics. I don't know what the developers would do, but I'm hoping they have plans to bring in at least one playable horror game character. I really hope it's a human character, such as Leon S. Kennedy, James Sunderland or even Yuri Kozukata, because it'd be interesting.
For stuff like The Chaser and Kate, well, I see Kate's more calling Slender for an attack quite like Meta Knight's FS, but more creepypasta. For Assists, we might as well add some Mother bosses... And what about that weird af game that had you climbing up these staircases while this monster thing chased you?

Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not tryin to sound like I'm dissing anything, just why FNAF?! Why? I don't see any FNAF having a good moveset for a single character. I do see them more likely being an Assist than anything, but more an Assist like NintenDog

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
For stuff like The Chaser and Kate, well, I see Kate's more calling Slender for an attack quite like Meta Knight's FS, but more creepypasta. For Assists, we might as well add some Mother bosses... And what about that weird af game that had you climbing up these staircases while this monster thing chased you?

Don't get me wrong or anything, I'm not tryin to sound like I'm dissing anything, just why FNAF?! Why? I don't see any FNAF having a good moveset for a single character. I do see them more likely being an Assist than anything, but more an Assist like NintenDog
The FNaF characters would only likely be Assists at best, and it'd be pretty hilarious to have someone fighting mid-fight with items on, and then suddenly when you get the Trophy, nothing comes out, and then about 3 to 5 seconds later, BAH, one of the few comes out and scares the hell out of you.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
It would probably have some sort of screen eff (shaking the screen), or it acts like a [stun/hold] like Meta Knight's FS OR it would be like Barbara in SSBB.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
What about ouroboros? Or would he end up more like Ridley did in Sm4sh?
Are you talking about Uroboros, not Ouroboros? Since I'm assuming Resident Evil here, there are two or three Uroboros type specimens at play that we could consider. The Uroboros Parasites, Uroboros Mkono and Uroboros Aheri.

Going by saying "he", you must be talking about Mkono right?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Big News!

At this years Lil-Con, April 30th, you can play the newest demo of Crusade! Also, a resprite of Pikachu has arrived!

"Super Smash Bros. Crusade is making its Lil-Con debut, next weekend (April 30, 2016) in Western New York!
https://www.facebook.com/events/211636969167224/

If you can make the trip, we can't wait to see you there!

But that's not all, we've got some new things to show that will make their appearance at our booth! Today, we begin with a much needed character resprite!

You know we've been working on resprites, but you may be wondering... who have we been working on?
We chose you, Pikachu!

Pikachu joins the better-looking members of our cast! We've fed him some Proteins and he's had some Rare Candies. Now he's ready to get back out into the battlefield (or, Final Destination) a new Chu!

Pikachu's ready to take on Mario, and never looked better doing it! His animations now much more closely resemble the ones from the original Smash games, so you can really feel the pain of being kicked by his tiny legs!

That's gonna hurt! Make sure you watch yourself around Pikachu's powerful Special Moves, or you'll surely be sent Blasting Off Again! And again, and again...

We're putting a lot of care into every animation and visual effect! Pikachu is so excited, he's jumping for joy!

Stay tuned to find out what's got him so excited!

Full-Res images here: http://imgur.com/a/009CV"

Hope you guys are hyped and happy that resprites are on the way! Make sure to check out Lil-Con, folks!

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Any other characters getting some re-sprites?
I'd like to go play the new version, but i live in Cali... :drsad:

And, anyone lookin for a smash on Crusade? I've been itchin for a battle online.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Mewtwo hasn't learned Teleport for a while either.

But he seems to forget that you will soon be able to transfer Pokémon from the Virtual Console version of Red/Blue/Yellow to Sun & Moon, which means Pikachu & Mewtwo can legally learn Skull Bash & Teleport again respectively.
Is this one of the newer stages? Or a re-mapping of an older stage?
That is the Balloon Fight stage that was first shown in the 0.9.1 trailer back in August last year.

Last edited:

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo hasn't learned Teleport for a while either.

But he seems to forget that you will soon be able to transfer Pokémon from the Virtual Console version of Red/Blue/Yellow to Sun & Moon, which means Pikachu & Mewtwo can legally learn Skull Bash & Teleport again respectively.
Oh yeah... That'll also mean we could probably get missingno into newer games like ORAS. Unless they took out Missingno.

Wario Bros. said:
That is the Balloon Fight stage that was first shown in the 0.9.1 trailer back in August last year.
I thought it was a remake of battlefield. Then again, i only saw about 5 seconds max of part of the stage.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Announcement incoming. Get ready to die from image overload.

Worthy death though!

"
I’ll Show You My Ultimate Power!

Project SHADOW has finally been completed! The Ultimate Life Form has reached new levels with a revamped moveset, revamped animations and true alternate palettes! Look out for his palettes in the footage to follow!

Spoiler:

Many of Shadow’s animations have received improvements: Shadow now has turning and braking animations, which makes his skating much more natural than before. Even his crouch animation has additional frames!

Spoiler:

That's not all, however; many other animations have also received improvements leaving Shadow feeling smooth.

As seen in the above video, Shadow's old Down Smash Chaos Nightmare is now his Up Smash, which is much more fitting for the animation. The attack has gotten a major range increase, and the closer you are to the orbs the more damage you'll take. The innermost parts of the orbs are powerful sweetspots!

Spoiler:

His new down smash has gotten a revamp as well! Now more true to canon, Chaos Burst has a spot dodge built into the startup allowing a player with great timing to use it as a dodge and counter! Though the attack is powerful and can dodge incoming threats, it does have an extremely large amount of lag on either end, leaving Shadow vulnerable when used incorrectly. Work on your timing and you're opponents will have something to fear!

Spoiler:

Forward smash has been replaced entirely with Shadow's own version of homing attack: Chaos Attack! Chase your foes down with the homing spin attack and follow with a string of hits to blast your foes away! This attack can even leave the ground or travel off-stage to track opponents, a first for smash attacks!

Shadow now has a one hit jab, useful for quickly popping opponents into the air and leaving them vulnerable!
So what happened to his old jab? It has moved to side tilt, replacing the boring kick that was there before. The new Side Tilt has been buffed up as well, dealing significant damage to shields.

Shadow's new jab functions a lot like his old down tilt did, so we decided to give him a new one. This attack covers shadow with energy and sends foes flying away! Use it when you're feeling overwhelmed!

Spoiler:

Shadow's up tilt has been replaced as well; It is now a projectile that lingers briefly after Shadow has come out of lag! You can even hold the attack button to delay the projectile, making it appear further away! Use Chaos Magic to control space in new and interesting ways! To prevent spam, Shadow may only have one out at a time, and there's an additional cooldown lag.

Spoiler:

We felt Shadow's throws were lacking, so we've completely redone them! The real kicker here is his new up throw, which leaves the opponent helplessly suspended in a Chaos Control Sphere! Set up and attack them with whatever you like, but act fast before they break out!

Shadow's B moves are being revamped and replaced as well. His neutral B Chaos Spear has a much nicer looking projectile now, and he can fire it diagonally in the air!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Side B has been replaced entirely by Chaos Ball. This projectile is much slower than the Chaos Spear, but it can track your opponents and deliver a potent stun!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Down B has been replaced by the spin dash. Shadow now joins the rest of the sonic cast with this iconic down special, which compliments his fast and furious playstyle perfectly!

Spoiler:

The revamp doesn't stop there however. We've given Shadow an entirely new mechanic: Chaos Boost! Whenever Shadow hits an opponent with a Chaos-based attack he will build boost meter, which can be expended to enter Boost mode!. While in this mode, damage output is increased all around and Shadow's special moves are upgraded into new versions! You've only got a limited time to stay like this, so make it count!

Neutral Special is now the Chaos Lance! This projectile cannot be charged, but it doesn't need to! It launches much quicker than charging usually takes with all the same power!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Side Special is now Roaming Chaos! The orb waits to reach its full range before activating, and when it does it becomes a slow moving, large chaos ball that tracks Shadow rather than opponents! This attack can really cause a headache for your opponent as they try to navigate while stuck between Shadow and his Chaos

Shadow's Down Special will now activate on hit, causing him to automatically link his spin dashes into a Boosted Spin Tornado! Run them down with spin dash and then send them sky high with the tornado!

Up special gets a boosted revamp too, becoming the awesome Chaos Snap! It will now have a hitbox before the teleport, and if it connects with an opponent Shadow will do a series of 5 Chaos Attacks! Each one is chosen randomly between 4 options; Upward kick, spike kick, forward punch, and meteor fists. You never know what will happen when this attack is used, but no matter the hits Shadow will always teleport after them wherever they go! When it's over, he will teleport back to his starting position safely.

We hope you enjoy playing as the new Shadow, revamped!

Stay tuned for more v0.9.1 updates!

Full-Res images here: http://imgur.com/a/701zZ"

THAT WAS A DOOZY WASN'T IT

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Announcement incoming. Get ready to die from image overload.

Worthy death though!

"
I’ll Show You My Ultimate Power!

Project SHADOW has finally been completed! The Ultimate Life Form has reached new levels with a revamped moveset, revamped animations and true alternate palettes! Look out for his palettes in the footage to follow!

Spoiler:

Many of Shadow’s animations have received improvements: Shadow now has turning and braking animations, which makes his skating much more natural than before. Even his crouch animation has additional frames!

Spoiler:

That's not all, however; many other animations have also received improvements leaving Shadow feeling smooth.

As seen in the above video, Shadow's old Down Smash Chaos Nightmare is now his Up Smash, which is much more fitting for the animation. The attack has gotten a major range increase, and the closer you are to the orbs the more damage you'll take. The innermost parts of the orbs are powerful sweetspots!

Spoiler:

His new down smash has gotten a revamp as well! Now more true to canon, Chaos Burst has a spot dodge built into the startup allowing a player with great timing to use it as a dodge and counter! Though the attack is powerful and can dodge incoming threats, it does have an extremely large amount of lag on either end, leaving Shadow vulnerable when used incorrectly. Work on your timing and you're opponents will have something to fear!

Spoiler:

Forward smash has been replaced entirely with Shadow's own version of homing attack: Chaos Attack! Chase your foes down with the homing spin attack and follow with a string of hits to blast your foes away! This attack can even leave the ground or travel off-stage to track opponents, a first for smash attacks!

Shadow now has a one hit jab, useful for quickly popping opponents into the air and leaving them vulnerable!
So what happened to his old jab? It has moved to side tilt, replacing the boring kick that was there before. The new Side Tilt has been buffed up as well, dealing significant damage to shields.

Shadow's new jab functions a lot like his old down tilt did, so we decided to give him a new one. This attack covers shadow with energy and sends foes flying away! Use it when you're feeling overwhelmed!

Spoiler:

Shadow's up tilt has been replaced as well; It is now a projectile that lingers briefly after Shadow has come out of lag! You can even hold the attack button to delay the projectile, making it appear further away! Use Chaos Magic to control space in new and interesting ways! To prevent spam, Shadow may only have one out at a time, and there's an additional cooldown lag.

Spoiler:

We felt Shadow's throws were lacking, so we've completely redone them! The real kicker here is his new up throw, which leaves the opponent helplessly suspended in a Chaos Control Sphere! Set up and attack them with whatever you like, but act fast before they break out!

Shadow's B moves are being revamped and replaced as well. His neutral B Chaos Spear has a much nicer looking projectile now, and he can fire it diagonally in the air!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Side B has been replaced entirely by Chaos Ball. This projectile is much slower than the Chaos Spear, but it can track your opponents and deliver a potent stun!

Spoiler:

Shadow's Down B has been replaced by the spin dash. Shadow now joins the rest of the sonic cast with this iconic down special, which compliments his fast and furious playstyle perfectly!

Spoiler:

The revamp doesn't stop there however. We've given Shadow an entirely new mechanic: Chaos Boost! Whenever Shadow hits an opponent with a Chaos-based attack he will build boost meter, which can be expended to enter Boost mode!. While in this mode, damage output is increased all around and Shadow's special moves are upgraded into new versions! You've only got a limited time to stay like this, so make it count!

Neutral Special is now the Chaos Lance! This projectile cannot be charged, but it doesn't need to! It launches much quicker than charging usually takes with all the same power!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Side Special is now Roaming Chaos! The orb waits to reach its full range before activating, and when it does it becomes a slow moving, large chaos ball that tracks Shadow rather than opponents! This attack can really cause a headache for your opponent as they try to navigate while stuck between Shadow and his Chaos

Shadow's Down Special will now activate on hit, causing him to automatically link his spin dashes into a Boosted Spin Tornado! Run them down with spin dash and then send them sky high with the tornado!

Up special gets a boosted revamp too, becoming the awesome Chaos Snap! It will now have a hitbox before the teleport, and if it connects with an opponent Shadow will do a series of 5 Chaos Attacks! Each one is chosen randomly between 4 options; Upward kick, spike kick, forward punch, and meteor fists. You never know what will happen when this attack is used, but no matter the hits Shadow will always teleport after them wherever they go! When it's over, he will teleport back to his starting position safely.

We hope you enjoy playing as the new Shadow, revamped!

Stay tuned for more v0.9.1 updates!

Full-Res images here: http://imgur.com/a/701zZ"

THAT WAS A DOOZY WASN'T IT
Talk about the ultimate life form! Now all we need is a Biolizard assist trophy/stage boss and SEGA rosters (for me for now) will be complete. Can't wait for SSBC Beta!

Any hints as to when Beta will be out?
Also, will there be any updates regarding this:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Mo_N0wKOE_ZGxYSmJoV3h4S0E
I ask this because it's pretty satisfying to land this fully charged.

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, is all that really necessary? What was wrong with the punch/kick combo from his own game?

This is what I mean by trying to make a fighter "unique" and going too far with it! I rather have a, somewhat, "mundane" Shadow.

I bet he doesn't have even a roundhouse kick.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Honestly, is all that really necessary? What was wrong with the punch/kick combo from his own game?

This is what I mean by trying to make a fighter "unique" and going too far with it! I rather have a, somewhat, "mundane" Shadow.

I bet he doesn't have even a roundhouse kick.
The design Shadow seems to be focused on his Chaos Attacks, which are pretty prominent in Sonic Battle. Considering that his sprites are from Sonic Battle, it's not really too much of a surprise.

In a game with a roster as plentiful as Crusade, I belive it is important for the characters to stand out amongst the rest of the cast. So I think the changes, while radical, are welcome. And a roundhouse kick, while not performed on the ground, is the last hit of his Forward Smash.

Last edited:

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
The design Shadow seems to be focused on his Chaos Attacks, which are pretty prominent in Sonic Battle. Considering that his sprites are from Sonic Battle, it's not really too much of a surprise.

In a game with a roster as plentiful as Crusade, I belive it is important for the characters to stand out amongst the rest of the cast. So I think the changes, while radical, are welcome. And a roundhouse kick, while not performed on the ground, is the last hit of his Forward Smash.
All in all, he has a more balanced(?) moveset than he originally did.

Dustination

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dustination
3DS FC
5215-1019-9015
Why is he even here when he's obviously going to have some strange contrarian opinion about every addition and change

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind a little negative feedback on someone's opinion about a character's moveset. I for one prefer this game's moveset for Bomberman than I do for SSF2's.

Well, I don't mind a little negative feedback... Not too much cause then it just gets about as annoying as Meta Knight in Brawl. And then it has a chance to shut the post down...

Russell_SSB

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MrRussellgro
3DS FC
0662-7159-3567
Switch FC
SW-3345-3263-9133
This looks pretty cool!
I have suggestions if you guys take some for characters:
- Lucina (Fire Emblem)
- Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
- Mags Launcher (Evolution Worlds)
- Villager (Animal Crossing)
- Palutania (Kid Icarus)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Chorus Kid (Rhythm Heaven)
- Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo & Kazooie) *Everyone's most #1 wanted fighters*
- Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Plus, will this game have Snake's codec calls for each fighter? Just wanted to know. Thanks! :)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
This looks pretty cool!
I have suggestions if you guys take some for characters:
- Lucina (Fire Emblem)
- Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
- Mags Launcher (Evolution Worlds)
- Villager (Animal Crossing)
- Palutania (Kid Icarus)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Chorus Kid (Rhythm Heaven)
- Banjo & Kazooie (Banjo & Kazooie) *Everyone's most #1 wanted fighters*
- Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)

Plus, will this game have Snake's codec calls for each fighter? Just wanted to know. Thanks! :)
They have said the game's roster has been finalized (last time I've heard) and they are not disclosing the full roster.

Last edited:

Kes

Smash Cadet
I've heard about this game but I haven't played it before. I just found out today that Shantae is coming which is exciting! I'm going to hold off until she's released but then I'll give the game a try!

I took a look in the forums, under the "unofficial characters" section, saw a thread for Hatsune Miku. The idea was getting only negative feedback though which makes me really sad. I would never play any other character if she was in a Smash game

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I've heard about this game but I haven't played it before. I just found out today that Shantae is coming which is exciting! I'm going to hold off until she's released but then I'll give the game a try!

I took a look in the forums, under the "unofficial characters" section, saw a thread for Hatsune Miku. The idea was getting only negative feedback though which makes me really sad. I would never play any other character if she was in a Smash game
While she has affiliations with Sega (yes, look it up), the developers can only have one 4th party character in the game, Goku. They won't be adding a second character like Miku, Slender Man, Batman or even Donald Trump [though the last would be hilarious]. I don't know if it's clear-cut that there'll only be one fourth party, but it's safe to assume that is the case.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
It's debatable whether or not Miku counts as a non-video game character, since she did originate as a computer program and one of her first major liscensed appearances IS her hugely popular Project DIVA series.

The Miku 4th party or not question is gray area enough that mods allowed her to have a Smash 4 support thread.

dawdge

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3131-7304
I was testing weights, and if my method works, then Ashley's almost weighs as much as Donkey Kong and Pichu weighs more than Pikachu. I am figuring out the weights by see which percentage the Ice Climbers' Down B Blizzard freezes the characters/ Here is what I have done so far (the number after the colon is the freeze percent):

Mario: 558
Luigi: 557
Weegee: 573
Peach: 554
Toad: 552
Bowser: 577
Petey: 574
Waluigi: 561
Wario: 563
Ashley: 567
Donkey Kong: 568
Yoshi: 564
Geno: 555
Pikachu: 550
Pichu: 552
Jigglypuff: 548
Mewtwo: 561
Lucario: 557

I also did a rough check on Ashley again by seeing what percents she gets killed at compared to other characters, and these percent were about the same as Donkey Kong's. I didn't test Pichu because after testing Ashley I was pretty confident in my method.

Hopefully I'm wrong, I just wanted to see if you guys knew about this or know why the characters have these weights. Also, if it possible to open up character files to find their weights, please let me know because that would be a lot faster!

This is a really good fan game, I like how there are not many out of place characters in the game (some people like them so having a few is okay), and how it feels like an actual, new Smash Bros. game, instead of seeming like a demo like other fan games.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So will SSB Crusade be shown off at Super Smash Con next week?

In fact, it's been quite awhile since the last news of this game.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
So will SSB Crusade be shown off at Super Smash Con next week?

In fact, it's been quite awhile since the last news of this game.
Well, the pre-beta does have quite a bit of work to be done on it... But I too would like some info on its progress...

Maybe some buffs here and there (hint hint wink wink Phoenix Wright)

Top Bottom