• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm happy to see my gal Shantae get added and :4drmario: is also a nice addition (even though he's a clone).

Curious what other treats Crusade has in store for us.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
so to recap: Shantae and Dr. Mario are confirmed for 9.1, and according to a statement by one of the devs
Vegeta
will be added in the future as well. Wonder what other surprises are in store.....

so to recap: Shantae and Dr. Mario are confirmed for 9.1, and according to a statement by one of the devs
Vegeta
will be added in the future as well. Wonder what other surprises are in store.....
I though they said that Goku will be the only non-video game character in the game?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm pretty sure the reason why Goku is the only anime in Crusade because it's a common fact that most people think anime should stay the heck out of SSB (some to the point of a deal breaker).

That's the main reason why Flash 2 hasn't added any more than the 3 they currently have.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Happy Valentine's Day, guys!

From the official Crusade forums..

http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t4611-happy-valentine-s-day
"

Valentine’s Day is way older than any franchise currently in Crusade; the two men known as “Saint Valentine” are known to have perished in 269 and 273 and the occasion has been associated with love ever since the dawn of the 15th century, preceding the creation of any form of videogame by about 550 years.

Nevertheless, couples and love itself often is a driving force in the plot of videogames. Mario travels throughout the Mushroom Kingdom to save his dear princess Peach whereas Crash initially antagonized Cortex in order to save his girlfriend Tawna.

Though you may not have someone to celebrate this occasion with like our aforementioned heroes do, there is no better time for you to find that person! By applying for our pixel art position you may be able to join the Crusade Family, and celebrate next year’s Valentine’s Day with us!

The Crusade Team wishes you a Happy Valentine’s Day!"

Along with that special post, the Project Crusade devs have recently given an interview to the popular SourceGaming!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2016/0...super-smash-bros-crusade-developer-interview/

From the first 2 paragraphs...

"The roster of Crusade is really impressive. There are 50+ characters in the game, and Shantae and Dr. Mario are on their way. What goes behind character selection for Crusade?

We receive a lot of criticism from people regarding our roster, and who can blame them? It’s no secret there are some very questionable choices there. Our team inherited a majority of the cast from the original developers when the project was nearly abandoned, and they created the game we enjoy today in their own special vision. Some of them haven’t received as much applause as others, and whether or not we will clean them up in the future is currently undecided. From here on out, however, some factors we look at extensively are popularity, Nintendo relevance, and most importantly, innovativeness. We really want Crusade to stand out, and we’re hoping the wide selection of unique characters will keep our fans guessing.

Crusade seems like it has great community relations, even running its own forum for feedback. How do you balance fan feedback and the project plan?

Our project plans are in constant motion, and the community is the driving force. We have an entire board on our forum dedicated to character suggestions where we can gauge support, and we are always in tune with our fanbase at large. That’s not to say we don’t have tricks of our own, though!"

Oh, and incase you can't access the article, here's something to excite everyone;

"What’s a character that you’ve enjoyed coming up with a moveset for, and why?

Well, I can’t spoil anything, but we’ve got a character in the works that has been very fun for the entire team to make a reality. I’ll say this much: It’s unlike anything you’ve seen in Smash thus far. It’s our most anticipated newcomer yet."

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
"Well, I can’t spoil anything, but we’ve got a character in the works that has been very fun for the entire team to make a reality. I’ll say this much: It’s unlike anything you’ve seen in Smash thus far. It’s our most anticipated newcomer yet."
I really like the sounds of this mystery character. Hope we don't have to wait too long to see this.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Could we get some DLC rejects to make a comeback in SSBC &SSF2?
IE King K. Rool has his own moveset. We have character pairs from games, ie Lloyd Irving and Kratos Aurion or Genis Sage or even Colette Brunel (see down below for movesets). Maybe some bosses bring their terror back?

Kratos Aurion/Zelos Wilder (costume change like :4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:): All standard attacks are covered in-game by default.
Standard Special: Fireball
Side Special: Either Sonic Thrust or Lightning Thrust (Aerial: Hell Pyre)
Down Special: Fierce Demon Fang
Up Special: Victory Light Spear
Up Smash: Light Spear Cannon
Side Smash: Wind Blade
Down Smash: Lightning Blade or Grave
Final Smash: Judgement (area smash quite like lucas')

Genis Sage: All standard attacks are covered in-game. Possible speed increase on atk time.
Side Special: Aqua Edge
Down Special: Grave
Up Special: Ice Tornado (chance to freeze)/ Spread
Up Smash: Icicle/ Spread
Side Smash: Aqua Laser
Down Smash: Gravity Well/ Indignation
Final Smash:Indignation Judgement
Up Throw: Stalagmite
Side Throw: Freezer Lancer
Down Throw: Thunder Arrow

Colette Brunel: All standard attacks are default in-game
Standard special: Ray Thrust
Side Special: Item Thief/ Para Ball
Down Special: Ray Satellite
Up Special: ?
Up Smash: Hammer Rain
Side Smash: Stardust Cross/ Grand Chariot
Down Smash: Ring Whirlwind (Charge 1) Ring Cyclone (Charge 2) Whirlwind Rush (Full Charge)
Final Smash: -???- (yes this is an actual move)

Kratos and Colette were the harder two to make because of lack of moveset variety. Colette's moves had three different versions for most of her moves. Kratos had quite a few moves that would fit for one input.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
IE King K. Rool has his own moveset. We have character pairs from games, ie Lloyd Irving and Kratos Aurion or Genis Sage or even Colette Brunel (see down below for movesets). Maybe some bosses bring their terror back?

Kratos Aurion/Zelos Wilder (costume change like :4corrin::4corrinf::4bayonetta2::4bayonetta:): All standard attacks are covered in-game by default.

Genis Sage: All standard attacks are covered in-game. Possible speed increase on atk time.

Down Smash: Ring Whirlwind (Charge 1) Ring Cyclone (Charge 2) Whirlwind Rush (Full Charge)

Kratos and Colette were the harder two to make because of lack of moveset variety. Colette's moves had three different versions for most of her moves. Kratos had quite a few moves that would fit for one input.
I don't know nuttin' about the Tales series but I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash fan ballots caught the attention of both McLeodGaming & Project Crusade.

Whether or not they'll do something about it I don't know (all we know is that Project Crusade recently hinted at a newcomer they're really excited to reveal).

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
I don't know nuttin' about the Tales series but I wouldn't be surprised if the Smash fan ballots caught the attention of both McLeodGaming & Project Crusade.

Whether or not they'll do something about it I don't know (all we know is that Project Crusade recently hinted at a newcomer they're really excited to reveal).
McLeodGaming DID add Lloyd to their character list for SSF2. In my opinion, he's OK... Sonic thrust is an ok move for smash but... Sword Rain Alpha/Beta would be a better choice.

"Tales of Symphonia (テイルズ オブ シンフォニア Teiruzu obu Shinfonia?) is the fifth main game in the Tales series and the eleventh game released in total. It is also the third game to be released in North America. It follows the adventures of Lloyd Irving, as he and his friends work to helpColette Brunel regenerate the world. This title brought the Tales series a new battle system in 3D, where the player-controlled character moves on a 2D plane, except when physically attacking an enemy located off the plane. It is also the first title in theTales series to feature alternate costumes for the main protagonists. The game'scharacteristic genre translates to "'Resonating With You RPG" (君と響きあうRPG Kimi to hibikiau RPG?)."

It does have a pretty good storyline to it, plus the voice acting is SPOT ON. I recommend the HD remakes of Symphonia though...

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Sorry man but I don't think any of those were in top 40 of the Ballot. I'd expect Lloyd and him only to rep Tales Of.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Sorry man but I don't think any of those were in top 40 of the Ballot. I'd expect Lloyd and him only to rep Tales Of.
Worth a shot though...

But I would be pretty stoked for a Genis Sage character...
Maybe next week I might start making some sprites..? Just in case anyone was interested.

A boy can dream...

Last edited:

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
This mystery character excites me. Can't wait to hear more!
Genis Sage: First off, one note (for now) his down special would be almost exactly like the move in the game EXCEPT w/o the first spike hitting upward. Or maybe that would work better as a d-smash...
And then I look at ToS: Dawn and I think: :dizzy:
And then I look at Air Thrust. That would work more like Roaslina's D-Special + Heavenly Light (palutena) where it would deal damage (NO knockback) and 'absorb' projectiles.

I'll come back to this later...:tired:

He would have costumes as per se in ToS: IE Easter Sunday, Katz Katz Katz... Maybe even Luke Fon Fabre?

Last edited:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the reason why Goku is the only anime in Crusade because it's a common fact that most people think anime should stay the heck out of SSB (some to the point of a deal breaker).

That's the main reason why Flash 2 hasn't added any more than the 3 they currently have.
Official games, I can see, but what is exactly wrong with anime(or cartoon or comic) characters in fan games?

Dragon Ball and Naruto had more games on Nintendo systems than anything from SQUARE-ENIX.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Official games, I can see, but what is exactly wrong with anime(or cartoon or comic) characters in fan games?

Dragon Ball and Naruto had more games on Nintendo systems than anything from SQUARE-ENIX.
Then again, same as sonic...
He DID have his own show, I won't argue whether or not it was an anime, but he was on air. It had quite a few seasons to it, so it did ok. The main story was more the Sonic Adventure series timeline, involving scenes from both SA(DX) and SA2(B), the Egg Scorpion and Space Colony ARK for two places.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I personally don't mind anime in Smash fan games but there's a number of people who wouldn't agree with me. I don't know exactly why but apparently it's enough to convince McLeodGaming & Project Crusade to limit themselves on it.

But adding fan made characters is hated significantly more than anime characters (which McLeodGaming dropped altogether early in development).

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
I personally don't mind anime in Smash fan games but there's a number of people who wouldn't agree with me. I don't know exactly why but apparently it's enough to convince McLeodGaming & Project Crusade to limit themselves on it.

But adding fan made characters is hated significantly more than anime characters (which McLeodGaming dropped altogether early in development).
I don't mind certain characters from anime IE Naruto, so I'm with you on that, I just like a character based more so on their moveset than where they come from. Not to say I like some anime though,cause, I mean, c'mon, 5 episode long fights? I can see one fight taking one 30 minute episode, but 5 episodes? No thanks...

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Big announcement for you Ice Climber, Lucario, Marth, and more, mains!

You can now just what form of some specific characters you would like to play!

"You can now choose to play as Lucario without the Aura system! This version of Lucario will have consistent power regardless of his percent and stock deficits, making him a more consistent character!

Have a lead? You've still got your strength!

Marth gets the treatment as well! Prefer Lucina's lack of a tipper mechanic? Now you can play Marth this way in SSB Crusade!

Hit the opponent in close? It's still powerful!
This version of Marth has hits powered between the normal mid-blade and tipper strengths, with knockback angles following normal mid-blade angles. One exception, his down air, will be a meteor when playing as Spread Marth. Try out this alt for a more beginner-friendly and consistent experience!

You can even play as a solo Ice Climber! When played alone, the Climber will have increased damage output, combo potential (especially off throws), and kill power, making your Climber a formidable foe even without their teammate!

Prefer to play as Nana? We've got you covered, check out the names on the HUD! Nana and Popo will play almost identically, with the only difference being Nana's lighter weight.

We've also buffed the solo Climber's special moves to help stand a fighting chance alone. Neutral Special for example has reduced ending lag, allowing a faster rate of fire and a projectile that can be combo'd off of!

Down Special will not be escapable once an opponent is caught, and the final hit of the blizzard will pull them inward for a combo followup!

Wondering how you will recover without your partner to Belay? The bird has got your back in this new Solo Climber exclusive Up Special!

What new forms would you like to see in v0.9.1? Let us know!"

Bet you didn't see this coming! Get excited. Any new mains? Perhaps Solo Climber mains?

Make sure to register and leave feedback at the official Project Crusade forums!
v0.9.1 still is in development! No release date is confirmed at this time, thanks for your patience!

By the way, incase you haven't caught up..

Shantae and Dr. Mario will be included in the new version, as well as a Ganondorf redesign, Luigi's Mansion as a stage, new modes like King of the Ring, the "alternate form" details in this post, and more!

Thanks for reading!

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
Big announcement for you Ice Climber, Lucario, Marth, and more, mains!

You can now just what form of some specific characters you would like to play!

"You can now choose to play as Lucario without the Aura system! This version of Lucario will have consistent power regardless of his percent and stock deficits, making him a more consistent character!

Have a lead? You've still got your strength!

Marth gets the treatment as well! Prefer Lucina's lack of a tipper mechanic? Now you can play Marth this way in SSB Crusade!

Hit the opponent in close? It's still powerful!
This version of Marth has hits powered between the normal mid-blade and tipper strengths, with knockback angles following normal mid-blade angles. One exception, his down air, will be a meteor when playing as Spread Marth. Try out this alt for a more beginner-friendly and consistent experience!

You can even play as a solo Ice Climber! When played alone, the Climber will have increased damage output, combo potential (especially off throws), and kill power, making your Climber a formidable foe even without their teammate!

Prefer to play as Nana? We've got you covered, check out the names on the HUD! Nana and Popo will play almost identically, with the only difference being Nana's lighter weight.

We've also buffed the solo Climber's special moves to help stand a fighting chance alone. Neutral Special for example has reduced ending lag, allowing a faster rate of fire and a projectile that can be combo'd off of!

Down Special will not be escapable once an opponent is caught, and the final hit of the blizzard will pull them inward for a combo followup!

Wondering how you will recover without your partner to Belay? The bird has got your back in this new Solo Climber exclusive Up Special!

What new forms would you like to see in v0.9.1? Let us know!"

Bet you didn't see this coming! Get excited. Any new mains? Perhaps Solo Climber mains?

Make sure to register and leave feedback at the official Project Crusade forums!
v0.9.1 still is in development! No release date is confirmed at this time, thanks for your patience!

By the way, incase you haven't caught up..

Shantae and Dr. Mario will be included in the new version, as well as a Ganondorf redesign, Luigi's Mansion as a stage, new modes like King of the Ring, the "alternate form" details in this post, and more!

Thanks for reading!
Can't wait to try it out!
Will there be a PM version of Lucario's aura-tech?
Plus, where do we get it??? :dr^_^:

PS: As a Klonoa main, I gotta ask, will there be the North American version (right) as a second skin?
And another thing, will Klonoa's Standard special change to the wind bullet's first version, making enemies hover (able to air dodge and aerial still) about half K's (standard) size from their contact point? Or maybe have a Klonoa Heroes form? Plus, for his Final Smash, would it be possible to change it to "Klonoa Tornado Attack/EX/Thunder Hurricane?"
Sorry, I'm just really getting into it.

Mains (in order of favorite): Klonoa/Toad (tied for first), Krystal and... still deciding otherwise.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Been playing this a bit more, The fact Klonoa doesn't have his more "fan favorite/common" attire kinda bugs me slightly but I guess that's just a nitpick. Certainly better than Super Smash Flash 2.

I'd really like to play as Giana though.

Antique_Gamer

Smash Apprentice
I do like SSF2 quite a bit though, for instance, my mains are are Black Mage and Ichigo. Combo for BM: Neutral air into just about anything (i prefer nair-dair or nair-up smash). Ichigo's fair plays kinda like shiek, but a bit more unfair. :demon:

But I really like Klonoa for his Side special combos. Those and of course, who doesn't like not going helpless?
:201i: :201d::201u::201n::201n::201o::GCStart:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I actually tried doing a resprite of Klonoa from an edited screenshot. I'll try and look for it sometime, And if given the full sheet I could possibly make a full alternate costume. Just an idea though.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I'll be very honest, Super Smash Bros. Crusade has characters from across the board of genres, like...
Platforming, Adventure, Action, Shooter, 3rd Person, FPS, RPG, J-RPG, Casual, Strategy, Fighting, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and even Racing!

But it feels like everyone is missing a genre and representative from a respected genre of gaming. No seriously, I wonder why people haven't gotten the gist of it yet, but Crusade's missing the last piece of the puzzle, which is sadly the last thing they'll think of doing, and something I'm really saddened is not present within any Super Smash Bros. game or fan game. I think Crusade could be the first to do it, and I really believe they can do it (but most likely won't do it).

If you didn't get the clue of what genre I'm mentioning, it's Horror, specifically, Survival Horror. The fact that there's no representative from a Survival Horror game is quite shocking, especially for this fan game. Are the developers of this game planning to release a Survival Horror character last out of all of the characters?

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
I'll be very honest, Super Smash Bros. Crusade has characters from across the board of genres, like...
Platforming, Adventure, Action, Shooter, 3rd Person, FPS, RPG, J-RPG, Casual, Strategy, Fighting, Sci-Fi, Fantasy and even Racing!

But it feels like everyone is missing a genre and representative from a respected genre of gaming. No seriously, I wonder why people haven't gotten the gist of it yet, but Crusade's missing the last piece of the puzzle, which is sadly the last thing they'll think of doing, and something I'm really saddened is not present within any Super Smash Bros. game or fan game. I think Crusade could be the first to do it, and I really believe they can do it (but most likely won't do it).

If you didn't get the clue of what genre I'm mentioning, it's Horror, specifically, Survival Horror. The fact that there's no representative from a Survival Horror game is quite shocking, especially for this fan game. Are the developers of this game planning to release a Survival Horror character last out of all of the characters?
Leon Kennedy from RE4 would fill that role pretty well.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
So when is the new character supposed to be announced? I'm excited to see what we got in stores

imabudaddict

Smash Cadet
NNID
imabudaddict
I'm so hype for the new update ima download the old version and try it out(v0.9) been playing Smash Flash 2 way too much and i miss my techs/wave dashing lol.

add me on Evolve guys! let's connect

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I could ~KINDA~ see it with some things, like lickers for example...
Well, so that I don't take up so much of the page with comprehensible speculation, I'll make spoilers.

Creatures from various horror games could fit into this game well as either Assist Trophies or Characters, but as we all know, the lack of them in this game so far, as well as any Super Smash Bros. game or fan game, is very startling. Now if I were to give any thoughts or ideas for what we could expect to see if there is a horror representative in the form of a creature, these would be the possibilities:

Tyrant T-103 / Super Tyrant: Appears in Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles and Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. This particular Tyrant would be a very slow character with walking, but the dashing is incredibly fast. It also has slow, yet extremely powerful attacks comprising mostly of punches. As its own Final Smash, it could turn into the Super Tyrant, a faster and more deadly version of it.

Red Pyramid: Appears in Silent Hill 2. The original version of Pyramid Head, and just like Tyrant, it would be a very slow character, but unlike Tyrant, it would always be slow in both attack speed and mobility. As its Final Smash, the siren horns start to blare and soon, he leaves, leaving creatures behind to attack opponents. Of course, not all of its attacks would be slow, as it has a spear that it could use.

Slender: Appears in Many Horror Games, prominently Slender: The Arrival, which did port to the Wii U. There have been multiple versions of Slender Man, but again, he would be slow, but would have fast attacks to compensate, as well as an amazing recovery move. There is a video game incarnation of Slender Man known as "Mark Slender", thus any argument against the character of Slender being in the game due to not being in a video game would be somewhat invalid. Its Final Smash would allow it to impale the opponents, the screen turning black and then causing very heavy damage on them, and substantial stun for potential follow-ups.

The Chaser: Appears in Slender: The Eight Pages and Slender: The Arrival. Unlike the rest, Kate is the absolute fastest character of the creature bunch, and being known as a "Proxy" makes her a creature of sorts, as she is not truly human. She has fast punch attacks and a decent running speed, but a somewhat limited recovery. Her Final Smash could be summoning Slender Man to attack the opponents and deal very hefty damage depending on distance, ranging from 70% to 50% closest to furthest.

As for Assists, I can see common non-boss creatures such as the Lickers, Lying Figures, Wendigo, Ghosts (Fatal Frame), Specimens (Spooky's House) or even any Five Nights at Freddy's animatronics. I don't know what the developers would do, but I'm hoping they have plans to bring in at least one playable horror game character. I really hope it's a human character, such as Leon S. Kennedy, James Sunderland or even Yuri Kozukata, because it'd be interesting.

Top Bottom