• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
So the bomberman stage flat out doesn't work. It's just a black screen that sometimes has an invisible platform; you lose a stock in the opening sequence because it isn't there. In fact, there are glitches all over the game.

Plus the new characters in general have either zero flow or zero range. Every old character feels nice, but the new ones feel stilted or just flat out bad. Moves don't flow into each other or have random amounts of starting or ending lag. In addition, so many moves kill at very early percents for no real reason other than "they needed a kill move." (Edit: I'm not even sure if this was the logic, more testing shows that random attacks kill, well, randomly with no apparent thought to balance.)

Heck, you even threw in an FF7 stage when (unless it's unlockable) there isn't even an FF rep! Plus it's a PLAYSTATION game! It feels like you guys just added things that felt "cool" or "epic" and didn't think about how it felt in relation to other parts of the game.

Come on guys. I'd be happy to try out any newer version, but this one needs tons of improvement.

Edit: Lol, Ridley's final smash kills him on Bowser's castle.

Last edited:

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Chun Li's jab has the potential to last infinitely. If the opponent doesn't attempt to SDI out of it, it is an infinite combo into itself.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
So, uhhhhhh, I dunno if it's six player matches or what, but Tails likes to vanish from the fight completely at random. And doing so makes the game slow down massively, the stage lose collisions and characters slowly soaring off the top of the screen for a Star KO if they jump.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
So, I was just curious why the new version has fewer stages than the last one? Or am I missing something here?
Since 0.8.4, the stages in general are undergoing revamps, which includes putting them in a single visual style. This is an ongoing process.
So the bomberman stage flat out doesn't work. It's just a black screen that sometimes has an invisible platform; you lose a stock in the opening sequence because it isn't there. In fact, there are glitches all over the game.
As I said before, we apologize for any inconveniences and will be steadily working to fix the serious issues.
Plus the new characters in general have either zero flow or zero range. Every old character feels nice, but the new ones feel stilted or just flat out bad. Moves don't flow into each other or have random amounts of starting or ending lag. In addition, so many moves kill at very early percents for no real reason other than "they needed a kill move." (Edit: I'm not even sure if this was the logic, more testing shows that random attacks kill, well, randomly with no apparent thought to balance.)
If you have any qualms with the balance, contact Perfect Hell or drop by the forums and express your opinion more precisely. Your input matters, but if you want to be more helpful, please be specific. Every aspect of the game is work-in-progress and I can assure good-feel of characters is regularly being looked at as well.
Heck, you even threw in an FF7 stage when (unless it's unlockable) there isn't even an FF rep! Plus it's a PLAYSTATION game! It feels like you guys just added things that felt "cool" or "epic" and didn't think about how it felt in relation to other parts of the game.
Although I cannot outright confirm or deny existence of any future FF-related things in this game, I can say that stage is there for a reason. Besides, back in your days, Ristar, an almost exclusively Sega character, was added into the game without any apparent thought behind it, so please don't use this argument. It seemed to be main, if not major, design philosophy back then. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it seems like you are actively trying to find something against us. Not very nice.
Come on guys. I'd be happy to try out any newer version, but this one needs tons of improvement.
We are glad to see you are happy to try out any newer version and please remember we are hard at work to assure gameplay is a smooth experience.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
It's a great fan game but there are a few issues:
-When I select ROB or Falco and go in a stage the game freezes/crashes (need help!!)
-Need better tether recovery (make it auto aims for the ledge)
-Need better character sprites

kashin

Smash Rookie
Hi. Great job on this project, I can see a lot of work went into it and it's definitely paying off. I have just one gripe with the game: Why does it register keystrokes even when the game is not the active window? I can't tab out and talk to a friend without the game reacting to what I'm typing and (sometimes) going into options / messing up my keybindings. It'd be great if that could get fixed.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Updated 0.9.0 has been published! This fixes many issues, so please redownload.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3321p25-ssbc-090-release-update-released

these new moving stages are cute guys good work
thanks ;**
-When I select ROB or Falco and go in a stage the game freezes/crashes (need help!!)
Path to Glory stage has problems in public release, next patch will fix this.
-Need better tether recovery (make it auto aims for the ledge)
We'll look into this, thank you.
-Need better character sprites
Our team of spriters is actively working on better sprites for worse-looking characters. However, taking our limited team-size into consideration and the fact many of us just don't have as much time for this game as they used to, this is a time-consuming process.
Hi. Great job on this project, I can see a lot of work went into it and it's definitely paying off. I have just one gripe with the game: Why does it register keystrokes even when the game is not the active window? I can't tab out and talk to a friend without the game reacting to what I'm typing and (sometimes) going into options / messing up my keybindings. It'd be great if that could get fixed.
Unfortunately, problems with GM's default keyboard checking commands forced us to make it this way. A better solution is actively being looked for.

Last edited:

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Updated 0.9.0 has been published! This fixes many issues, so please redownload.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3321p25-ssbc-090-release-update-released

thanks ;**

Path to Glory stage has problems in public release, next patch will fix this.

We'll look into this, thank you.

Our team of spriters is actively working on better sprites for worse-looking characters. However, taking our limited team-size into consideration and the fact many of us just don't have as much time for this game as they used to, this is a time-consuming process.

Unfortunately, problems with GM's default keyboard checking commands forced us to make it this way. A better solution is actively being looked for.
I mean when I select ROB/Falco no matter what stage i go into it crashes

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So when's the soonest we'll have Pichu's Final Smash available?

EDIT: Nevemind, the update added it.

Last edited:

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
Can someone please tell me why my whole computer freezes when I select a stage?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've Always been playing online Vs friends on 8.4 via Hamachi, but it just doesn't work on 0.9.
It says I/we got timed out? Man, I really want to play online!! :crying:

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Geno Boost's future characters discoveries said:
That is nothing new tbh. You could easily find announcer calls for characters like K.Rool (i think), Petey Piranha, Bowser, etc. before.
Also, why does character in Ridley's hands freezes in the same pose when hit by Up B until that characters gets thrown? And why character Ridley is holding during Forward and Up throw stand instead of lying down? Is it supposed to be like that? And holy s**t, i have to redownload whole game again...with my awful internet connection speed. Other than that, gameplay feels better, but sprites, GFX and animations are still far from Super Smash Flash 2 quality.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Am I the only one who can't play as Phoenix Wright? Whenever I start a match with him, the game just crashes.

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
I mean when I select ROB/Falco no matter what stage i go into it crashes
Please download the updated version and see if that works. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Can someone please tell me why my whole computer freezes when I select a stage?
Loading speeds are heavily dependent on your hardware. Please give the game a moment to load, it won't respond while it is doing so (this is GM's limitation), also try lowering the game process' priority in the task manager.
Hey, it says it doesn't recognize Crusade as a valid Win32 file? Anyone else experiencing this?
Consider redownloading the exe, look for the link below.
I've Always been playing online Vs friends on 8.4 via Hamachi, but it just doesn't work on 0.9.
It says I/we got timed out? Man, I really want to play online!! :crying:
Make sure you use the same version as your fellow players and if that doesn't help, manually unblock the ports shown in the menu.
That is nothing new tbh. You could easily find announcer calls for characters like K.Rool (i think), Petey Piranha, Bowser, etc. before.
Also, why does character in Ridley's hands freezes in the same pose when hit by Up B until that characters gets thrown? And why character Ridley is holding during Forward and Up throw stand instead of lying down? Is it supposed to be like that? And holy s**t, i have to redownload whole game again...with my awful internet connection speed. Other than that, gameplay feels better, but sprites, GFX and animations are still far from Super Smash Flash 2 quality.
Thanks for feedback. Improving the visuals is one of our biggest priorities.
Am I the only one who can't play as Phoenix Wright? Whenever I start a match with him, the game just crashes.
Please check this page.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3321-ssbc-090-release-update-released
Full downloads will get updated once we get more important fixes done, this should be the last 0.9.0 update.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Please download the updated version and see if that works. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Loading speeds are heavily dependent on your hardware. Please give the game a moment to load, it won't respond while it is doing so (this is GM's limitation), also try lowering the game process' priority in the task manager.

Consider redownloading the exe, look for the link below.

Make sure you use the same version as your fellow players and if that doesn't help, manually unblock the ports shown in the menu.

Thanks for feedback. Improving the visuals is one of our biggest priorities.

Please check this page.
http://projectcrusade.forumotion.com/t3321-ssbc-090-release-update-released
Full downloads will get updated once we get more important fixes done, this should be the last 0.9.0 update.
How exactly do I unblock the ports? thx

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i hope they put all star mode in the next update then this is what the battle will look like the charcter by the years:
Round 1
:4gaw::4pacman::4mario::4dk::4luigi:
round 2
bomberman :4littlemac::4duckhunt:goku:4rob:
round 3
mach rider :popo::4peach::4bowser:toad
round 4
:4link::4samus::142::4megaman:ryu
round 5
evil ryu:snake::4marth::4yoshi::4falcon:
round 6
:4sonic:chun-li :4kirby:tails:4wario2:
round 7
:4fox::4falco::4metaknight:weegee:4ness:
round 8
porky, knuckles, gooey, rayman, ristar
round 9
:4pikachu::4jigglypuff::mewtwopm:geno, crash
round 10
klonoa:4ganondorf::pichumelee:waluigi, saki
round 11
tingle, shadow:4olimar:phoenix wright:4tlink:
round 12
krystal, petey piranha:4zss:ashley:4lucario:
round 13 (final round)
:lucas:snivy

Hareimu

Smash Rookie
i hope they put all star mode in the next update then this is what the battle will look like the charcter by the years:
*snip*
...man, I think they appreciate the fans offering ideas for how can be the game on this and those ways, but you're expecting a little too much from them, and I (and I assume the other ones) think you're saying that that WILL be the layout of the possible All-star mode, and that's not good. Please, if you're going to follow the game and post something like being hyped by the new things and stuff, at least don't spam the whole page with your "diggin up things" and "this is how will it be this thing" stuff.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
...man, I think they appreciate the fans offering ideas for how can be the game on this and those ways, but you're expecting a little too much from them, and I (and I assume the other ones) think you're saying that that WILL be the layout of the possible All-star mode, and that's not good. Please, if you're going to follow the game and post something like being hyped by the new things and stuff, at least don't spam the whole page with your "diggin up things" and "this is how will it be this thing" stuff.
I know it's very unlucky to happen and I am not very hyped and I didn't say it WILL happen and I like the game even without all star mode but I just hope in the future update gets all star mode

Hareimu

Smash Rookie
Yeah right, I can highly assure you that All-Star mode WILL be in the game, as all the other Smash fangames had. Or who knows? Maybe it can be a new idea from the devs to show up for us...
But just wait.

synesthe-sia

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Samurai Goroh??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Don't mess with me. Please tell me you're serious. I need you to be serious with me, buddy.

Edit: Didn't see a dev was here. Nice work, as always. And thanks for Goroh if you guys are actually eventually adding him. :~)
well, thy really planning to put him on the game

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
The demo is great ;3 although I encountered a strange bug... I haven't tried to make the bug happen again but here is what happened: Klonoa vs (Old) Snake on Light Plane in training. Whenever I tried to exit the training mode the screen went black, Old Snake fell for a second, died and then nothing. Pause menu works, try to exit again, the game loads again the black void with Snake dying again and nothing more... will update if I can make that bug happen again. But from what I can tell the demo is pretty good ;3 I love Klonoas moveset ^-^
Just Crash :/ as a huge crash fan I have some thoughts on his moveset... It's great what you guys did don't get me wrong. This is not me saying "This is ****. and that is ****" it's just that I had some other things for him in mind :D I put these thoughts into a Spoiler so that no one has to read it if they don't want to read it....
When I saw Megamans moveset in 3ds I thought that you might go a similiar way with Crash. Meaning that his neutral attack are his spins. He would spin 3 times for 3 button inputs and would then would stop spinning and would use the momentum of the spin to have more knockback on his last punch. His smash attack would also be him spinning as long as you charge the smash and then he would kick out of the spin. For a little mind game. His neutral B would then be the bazooka which is now on down B. With B he takes it out and shoots with A. B would have Crash put away the Bazooka. It is not easy putting the Bazooka away with down b but you can do that with shield and grab as well. Thankfully or else that move would be pretty bad. As his side B I imagend a Bike move similiar to Wario in brawl and 3ds. But the crates are good as well. His down B would be the belly flop. On ground he would make a small jump and use it like it is now. But in midair he would spin for a second and then fall down with more speed. Like the upgrade he got in Crash 3. Everything else is really good :3

Oh and why did you give him such a voice? It's not bad but if you ripped so many voices why not his from crash 2 and 3 and Team Racing? And from where is that taunt? I don't recognize it... could you answer these two questions?^^ would be awesome ;3

Last edited:

JRizzle

Smash Rookie
First off I just want to say i've made a Smash Boards account just to say thank you for making such a fun and well polished game. Everything about it looks great the menus, the character portraits everything! (Although some of the sprites could use some work if I had to pick one thing wrong with the look of the game.)

If I may can I suggest Tubba Blubba from Paper Mario as a character? I don't know why but I think he would be a cool Smash Bros character so adding him to this roster would be amazing! Thanks and keep up the good work!​

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Anyone else get the feeling that (classic) Spyro might make it into the game? I mean, if Crash made it in than surely he would too. I know this is going to sound crazy but I actually think Master Chief has a chance as well. Seriously, If Goku and Weegee got in then pretty much any character can.

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else get the feeling that (classic) Spyro might make it into the game? I mean, if Crash made it in than surely he would too. I know this is going to sound crazy but I actually think Master Chief has a chance as well. Seriously, If Goku and Weegee got in then pretty much any character can.
Well as of now all of the characters had at least one appearance on a nintendo console. With Crash XS(or the Big adventure) and Crash 2 N Tranced the classic Crash was on Nintendo. Spyro had the same with 3 games or so. But Master Chief? Don't think so sorry... Also Klonoa had 2 GBA games and a wii remake. Only Ristar is a bit streched as the only time he showed up on nintendo is during Sonic&All-Stars Racing Transformed...

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
Is there a reason Zelda isn't playable?
Is she intended?
(sorry if you went over this before)
I mean it just doesn't make sense to include a character as minor as Tingle before adding one of the 3 most important Zelda characters.

cj.

Smash Journeyman
Well as of now all of the characters had at least one appearance on a nintendo console. With Crash XS(or the Big adventure) and Crash 2 N Tranced the classic Crash was on Nintendo. Spyro had the same with 3 games or so. But Master Chief? Don't think so sorry... Also Klonoa had 2 GBA games and a wii remake. Only Ristar is a bit streched as the only time he showed up on nintendo is during Sonic&All-Stars Racing Transformed...
also appears in Sonic Mega Collections from Game Cube

Last edited:
Top Bottom