• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Is there a reason Zelda isn't playable?
Is she intended?
(sorry if you went over this before)
I mean it just doesn't make sense to include a character as minor as Tingle before adding one of the 3 most important Zelda characters.
I believe she will appear

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Well as of now all of the characters had at least one appearance on a nintendo console. With Crash XS(or the Big adventure) and Crash 2 N Tranced the classic Crash was on Nintendo. Spyro had the same with 3 games or so. But Master Chief? Don't think so sorry... Also Klonoa had 2 GBA games and a wii remake. Only Ristar is a bit streched as the only time he showed up on nintendo is during Sonic&All-Stars Racing Transformed...
It was just a suggestion. I mean, Goku is in there and he isn't a video game character at all. And Weegee doesn't even have his own video game.
Besides, this game isn't limited to Nintendo characters or characters who have appeared on Nintendo consoles. They did say there would be at least 80 characters in total and there are 62 at the moment so is definitely going to be more third party characters.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
One thing I really REALLY want to see changed is how you assign your controls.
Having to put in every single button again just because you want to switch your grab and shield buttons is way too tedious,
especially when you put in a wrong key somewhere by mistake and have to go through the whole thing over again.

WitherMan

Smash Rookie
I like how this game gets continuously better. I keep coming back to it. I just wish that there was easier server hosting for online and controller support.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
I just came across gameplay footage for this today. It looks pretty fun for a fan made game. Does it have controller support? If so I would like to download this!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I just came across gameplay footage for this today. It looks pretty fun for a fan made game. Does it have controller support? If so I would like to download this!
Super Smash Bros. Crusade does not have built-in controller support (blame Game Maker engine for now allowing such support). You need a program like XPadder & Joy2Key to convert keyboard inputs into controller inputs.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
View attachment 26118 View attachment 26119 i guess in the next update we will get those characters
remember when i did post this?
guess what those picture was removed from the new patch (same goes to the old stages)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Where were they found anyway?
In the folders of the game.

If you ask me don't take what's "unused" as future content as this is far from the first demo to do this kind of stuff (and nothing of the unused content from one demo was completed in the next demo or even the files were gone in the next demo). One demo had sound clips of the announcer calling out over 20 different characters (some of which I doubt are going to make it now).

Here's more on it: http://tcrf.net/Super_Smash_Bros._Crusade

Beside, Project Crusade has already stated that the full roster will not be available to the public and I doubt they would have their data wide open in the folders.

Last edited:

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
In the folders of the game.

If you ask me don't take what's "unused" as future content as this is far from the first demo to do this kind of stuff (and nothing of the unused content from one demo was completed in the next demo or even the files were gone in the next demo). One demo had sound clips of the announcer calling out over 20 different characters (some of which I doubt are going to make it now).
As the guy that plays the announcer in Crusade, I can say that those old clips for all those characters were leftover from the old roster before the people working on the game changed.

And no, I don't know the full roster, I just provide voice clips for new things for the next update. The latest stuff I've done is all in 0.9, haven't been contacted about anything new yet.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Why doesn't Klonoa have a series icon? Or is it going to be added later?

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Has anyone had any problems using Joy2Key for a USB controller? I set up the controls exactly how it is in Joy2Key and my controller won't repond.

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Crusade has been in past APEX events and they use that event to reveal new info on the next demo via stream (Super Smash Flash 2 does the same thing).
Yeah I do remember getting a showcase of version 0.9 at the APEX last year.

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I love how, at the beginning of this thread nearly six years ago, people were talking trash about how this game was "impossible" to make, or that its ideas were ridiculous, and now everyone loves it and wants to see where it goes.
Just goes to show how ignorant people can truly be. If only the people who doubted Crusade all those years ago can see its progress now and be ashamed of how stupid they sounded.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I love how, at the beginning of this thread nearly six years ago, people were talking trash about how this game was "impossible" to make, or that its ideas were ridiculous, and now everyone loves it and wants to see where it goes.
Just goes to show how ignorant people can truly be. If only the people who doubted Crusade all those years ago can see its progress now and be ashamed of how stupid they sounded.
Well, to be honest, some ideas are still ridicolous in either good (Weegee, Porky, Duck Hunt Dog, etc) or outright horrible (Goku, hands down) way and the whole thing sounded nearly impossible to do with the amount of characters listed. It must still be very hard to do since it is still a demo version after nearly six years. It would take even longer if they would pay more attention to sprites, like SSF2's developers. Last one is something that really needs to be fixed.

Is it just me or controls on keyboard are really unresponsive? I can't do what i want half of the time (i use NAir instead of FAir, jab instead of side tilt/smash, etc. most of the time). It works fine for SSF2 and Project M.

Last edited:

Jaklub

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, first footage of Crusade at APEX has been uploaded to our YT channel, go take a look!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDNNNuOU97s
Keep in mind this is a WIP version of the game and we are still working the kinks out.

Also, I'd like to emphasize that our main focus is improving the quality of SSBC overall. We need all the help we can get! If you can sprite, code, create music or have the experience and knowledge that could be useful for helping out with the game balance, join our team! We especially need spriters.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dp2Oo0Hf0WX5lt8efQljzaDBLYjy3TTRQqSI4Pajreg/viewform

Last edited:

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Can you make an update with even more characters? Maybe like more Pokemom like Mudkip and Tepig and have their Final Smash be Swampert and Emboar?
Dude The New update is Done Also I dont think we need more starters

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Well, to be honest, some ideas are still ridicolous in either good (Weegee, Porky, Duck Hunt Dog, etc) or outright horrible (Goku, hands down) way and the whole thing sounded nearly impossible to do with the amount of characters listed. It must still be very hard to do since it is still a demo version after nearly six years. It would take even longer if they would pay more attention to sprites, like SSF2's developers. Last one is something that really needs to be fixed.

Is it just me or controls on keyboard are really unresponsive? I can't do what i want half of the time (i use NAir instead of FAir, jab instead of side tilt/smash, etc. most of the time). It works fine for SSF2 and Project M.
Im HardCore Into Crusade So I just bought a pc Gamecube adapter and I use Xpadder or joytokey To play

Top Bottom