• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

------------------

-Inspired by a series of fan-art I saw - Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man all joined the Smash 4 roster together, because they were trying to hang out in their own worlds with each other, but it never worked out.

In Mario's world, Sonic was bored and held no enthusiasm due to the slower pace, Pac-Man simply ate everything, and Mega Man just shot things open, so there was no challenge for him.

In Sonic's World, Mario didn't have the stamina to push himself past the crazy geometry of Sonic's world, Mega Man would plummet off of loops and get stuck in the floor because he was a heavy hunk of metal, and Pac-Man would always end up tumbling back down the hills.

In Mega Man's world, Mega Man could traverse things well due to his robot brain which could make very precise calculations that helped him overcome all platforming challenges. The other three, just fumbled. It was all much more precise than the platforming obstacles they are used to.

Pac-Man's world was too abstract and crazy for the other 3 to comprehend. They simply didn't have a clue what was going on. Also, Pac-Man almost ate Sonic, after Sonic was effected by a power pellet, which is the result of his bizarre molecular structure.

However, after much searching, the four pals found a place where they could co-exist, and all be equally engaged, and equally entertained - the Super Smash Bros Battlefield!
IDK I think Mario could work in Mega Man

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Marth and Ike hang out a lot, Lucina is nervous around both, especially Marth for canonical reasons. Both Marth and Ike think she's wierd.

Robin is kind, tries to hang out with everyone.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Palutena x Captain Falcon. You know she wants it.

I think it's actually canon by this point :p

Anyway, here's some of my headcanons:
  • Palutena and Rosalina actually get along pretty well.
  • Pac-Man, Kirby, Wario, and Yoshi often try to beat each other in eating contests.
  • Samus often gives maintenance to Mega Man when he needs it, since she's an expert at technology.
  • Someone posted earlier that newcomers have to fight a veteran to join the Smash Bros. roster. In regards to the Lucina and Robin trailer, I'm going with that, plus that Captain Falcon actually liked Lucina and wanted to marry her he was definitely going easy on her when they sparred, but when Chrom adamantly refused to let the Cap marry his daughter, he denied Chrom a spot in the new Smash by beating him to the ground. yesIkindashipCFxLucinatoo>_>

Last edited:

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
Spoiler for things most people agree with as it is, with a few twists of my own.

There is a super smash brothers headquarters owned by Sakurai and and Managed by Master Hand. It is a well known entertainment company that puts on fights for the audience and is considered just about the best gig a video game character can get.

Characters cannot send in applications. All decisions are made by Sakurai himself about who gets in. He sends several of the original 12 to get these characters and do scouting on potential newcomers. This is why we haven't seen Ness and Jiggly yet, as well as why Captain Falcon appeared so late.

Being in the game in any way shape or form is an ongoing, well paying job, but a playable fighter is by far the best gig. Still, many people such as Lyn and Ashley are happy being assist trophies, though Waluigi is still pissed.

Everyone in smash, including side characters such as Chrom and Midna, all live in a giant Mansion (Smash Mansion as many call it). The housing is a bonus, and the job also comes with free meals. Characters that have befriended each other tend to eat lunch together.

When they aren't fighting, the fighters often socialize with each other.

People live in rooms of 2. Pit shares a room with Palutena, Lucina with Chrom, Captain Falcon with Little Mac, etc.

Pit is a huge nerd who flips out whenever he meets one of his favorite characters. He's gotten over everyone in brawl by now, but all the newcomers (Little Mac, Robin, etc.) still get him excited. He got super pumped and personally arranged a party for Palutena when she joined the fighters and invited everybody, trying to get them to meet her and see how awesome she is. She ended up being incredibly bossy and pretentious and the only people she gets along with are Pit, Rosalina, Robin, Captain Falcon, and Lucina.

Veterans of Smash were used as guinea pigs for the new items/gamemodes. This sometimes went with some bad memories, and Marth has PTSD every time he sees a fire bar (use your imagination).

Link can talk, but he doesn't in matches because that's part of his "Image" as he's told by Master Hand (taking orders from Sakurai).

The Peach Zelda Link love triangle is something Sakurai came up with and is entirely artificial. They all act like that while in front of a camera because they are part of a reality show.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some more:
Peach is very friendly, cheerful, and outgoing and tries to get along with everyone the best way she can.
Rosalina is the opposite; distant, reticent and reserved. She prefers to have a small circle of friends she really does feel comfortable around.

The Villager isn't a psycho murder machine like a lot of people make him out to be, but he does love to play pranks on the other Smashers (i.e. putting Pitfalls where someone would step, as in Animal Crossing).

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Spoiler for things most people agree with as it is, with a few twists of my own.

There is a super smash brothers headquarters owned by Sakurai and and Managed by Master Hand. It is a well known entertainment company that puts on fights for the audience and is considered just about the best gig a video game character can get.

Characters cannot send in applications. All decisions are made by Sakurai himself about who gets in. He sends several of the original 12 to get these characters and do scouting on potential newcomers. This is why we haven't seen Ness and Jiggly yet, as well as why Captain Falcon appeared so late.

Being in the game in any way shape or form is an ongoing, well paying job, but a playable fighter is by far the best gig. Still, many people such as Lyn and Ashley are happy being assist trophies, though Waluigi is still pissed.

Everyone in smash, including side characters such as Chrom and Midna, all live in a giant Mansion (Smash Mansion as many call it). The housing is a bonus, and the job also comes with free meals. Characters that have befriended each other tend to eat lunch together.

When they aren't fighting, the fighters often socialize with each other.

People live in rooms of 2. Pit shares a room with Palutena, Lucina with Chrom, Captain Falcon with Little Mac, etc.

Pit is a huge her who flips out whenever he meets one of his favorite characters. He's gotten over everyone in brawl by now, but all the newcomers (Little Mac, Robin, etc.) still get him excited. He got super pumped and personally arranged a party for Palutena when she joined the fighters and invited everybody, trying to get them to meet her and see how awesome she is. She ended up being incredibly bossy and pretentious and the only people she gets along with are Pit, Rosalina, Robin, Captain Falcon, and Lucina.

Veterans of Smash were used as guinea pigs for the new items/gamemodes. This sometimes went with some bad memories, and Marth has PTSD every time he sees a fire bar (use your imagination).

Link can talk, but he doesn't in matches because that's part of his "Image" as he's told by Master Hand (taking orders from Sakurai).

The Peach Zelda Link love triangle is something Sakurai came up with and is entirely artificial. They all act like that while in front of a camera because they are part of a reality show.
Can we make a smash game show now? This would be hilarious

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
-The female Robin is Chrom's wife, and by extension, Lucina's mother. She knows Lucina can handle herself in a fight, and isn't worried about her being here, where the fighting is mostly for fun anyway. She does do some stereotypical motherly things though, like trying to wipe dirt off Lucina's face in the middle of a fight. It's hard to tell if Robin does stuff like that because she's still not used to being a mom, or if she's just trying to embarrass Lucina.

-Palutena um... "plays for both teams," if you catch my meaning, and she's mostly here to meet people. Pit spends all day either fretting over her or following her around trying to keep her out of trouble.

-Palutena is currently looking for a way to legally use Pit in her moveset the same way Rosalina uses Luma.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
I got a few head cannons myself.

-Marth and captain falcon are actually really good friends due to their history together from their melee days. Heck Marth even knows Captain's first name, jay.
-The two of them dominated the tournaments, but Marth especially WA very dominating. To the point he was called,"The King of Smash" a title that is both loved and loathed.
-Eventually he got tired of all the insults so he doesn't try nearly as hard as in melee during the brawl days. That also affected falcon because Marth was his best training partner and one who kept his fire going.
-Luigi was the one who discovered wavedashing...and he did it on accident
-Ike neither confirms or denies he's homosexual. It doesn't help that Soren and Mia, always come by.
-Lucas looks Snake up to as a father after his biological one,Flint, died from some illness.
-Marth was actually the one who asked Falcon to fight Chrom and Lucina to see if they have what it takes. Due to Falcon being familiar with how his friend fights, he beat Chrom easily, but Luci's short stature made it hard for him to land a solid hit.

Laniv

Smash Champion
The real-life developers of this game reside on a different plane of existence, and Master Hand is Sakurai's avatar in the Smash Bros. world.

In order to provide an equal playing field, some characters do not show their full power in battle. Some did this of their own will (Ness, Samus, Sonic), while others were forced to hold back to give other Smashers a fighting chance (Palutena, Ganondorf). Ganondorf is especially peeved, and believes Master Hand is biased against him, because not only is Palutena allowed to have multiple different special moves, he isn't even allowed to use his magic.

Some characters (alt. swaps like male WFT) live in an attic above the mansion. The two Robins, on the other hand, both live in the mansion proper. Chrom also lives in the attic, and cries over not being playable.

Thanks to Pac-Man, other Namco characters are able to work at the mansion.

Sheik became a separate character from Zelda by being magically forced out of her back.

Female Robin has a thing for Little Mac.

Fox, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, Ness, and Lucas have started up a "Forgotten Franchises" club. Pit used to be in the club, but certain events have transpired to make him ineligible for the club. Secretly, they all resent him.

Due to a certain incident with Heart Swap, Manaphy holds the record for being the most hated character in the mansion, just narrowly beating out Tingle.

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
Let me think.

- The Smash tournaments are held in the humble town of Smashville, following an agreement between Master Hand and Tortimer.

- All smashers, pokeball pokemon and assist trophies live in the stereotypical Smash mansion.

- The seals of the envelopes sent out for the next smash tournament, have four distinct colours.
  • Red for the smashers themselves.
  • Blue for the assist trophies.
  • Yellow for the pokeball pokemon.
  • And white for selected spectators.
- The chants that are used are actually those of the residents of the mansion when watching a brawl.

- Several of the pokeball pokemon are actually owned by the smashers.
Notable examples include:
  • Gardevoir and Zelda.
  • Fennekin and Bowser.
  • Snorlax and Dedede. (This makes a lot of sense really.)
- Mewtwo, Pichu, Roy, Dr Mario and Young Link have the "annual meeting of the Melee 5" every year.

- The assist trophies were a backup plan should another Tabuu like figure emerge.

- Meta Knight based his FS off of Lyn's attack.

- Villager comes from Smashville.

and finally...

- The various beeps and bops of Mr G&W's language are in actual fact rants and insults directed towards others in the Smash mansion.
Mr G&W himself is rather pessimistic towards the other video game characters, viewing them as (Wait for it, Wait for it) "wannabe video game characters."
Since no one has really figured out what G&W says, no one really feels insulted by him.
The sole exceptions to G&W constant insults are Peach and Pac-Man, the latter of which is the only one that understands him.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
TEAM CASUAL-TY!Members: All 4 Villagers, both Wii Fit Trainers, and Nintendog.

Anyone who says they aren't hardcore will get their butt kicked into a million pieces! 3:<

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
R.O.B, although quite on the outside, is an independent sassy black woman constantly judging everyone in its thoughts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To the person who said, "This thread is autistic." That was a pretty damn unnecessary comment, not to mention hurtful. I have ADD myself and I'm quite offended.

Anyway, I have something interesting -- Zodiac/birthday Headcanons! These are for characters that don't have any canonical birthdays listed.

♈ Aries (The Ram) - Mario, born April 14. Mario is strong willed and energetic, as is the Aries archetype. However, he can sometimes come across as a hothead and has a fiery temper. I also see Pit as an Aries, I imagine his bday is March 23 (KI:U's release date)

♉ Taurus (the Bull) - Little Mac, born May 11. He has a persistent and determined personality, which can sometimes come across as stubborn. (Interestingly enough, Lucina is a canonical Taurus, born April 20.)

♊ Gemini (The Twins) - Robin (both of them), born June 12 (my birthday! c: ). Both Robins are intellectual and adaptable, but can be overly inquisitive. (I know that in FE:A, you set Robin's birthday to whatever date of your choice, but I'm assuming they're Gemini in the SSB universe.)

♋ Cancer (The Crab) - Captain Falcon, born July 15 (F-Zero X's Japanese release anniversary). The Cap is cautious, intuitive, protective, and a big softy at heart (even though he doesn't like to show it much). However, he can be a bit suspecting of others sometimes and tries to double-check their motives.
I know that in F-Zero GP Legend/Climax, the Cap's birthday is April 1, but in the GPL universe, that's technically a different Captain Falcon (ergo, in that universe "Captain Falcon" is a title, not a person, and the person who had it at the time was Andrew Summers, Jody Summers's long-lost older brother. In other words, the "canon" Captain Falcon referred to here, Douglas Jay (from main F-Zero/X/GX), is not Jody Summers's brother. Besides, it was pretty much confirmed that GP Legend is an alternate universe.

♌ Leo (The Lion) - Samus Aran, born August 8 (Metroid's original release date). Daring, heroic, and ambitious, but sometimes comes across as dominating. She also has a tendency to be reckless. Also Fiora if she's DLC?

♍ Virgo (The Maiden) - Peach, born September 9. Modest, honest and helpful, but also has an anxious streak.

♎ Libra (The Scales) - Luigi, born October 3. Charming, light-hearted and a sweetheart, but also hesitant, fearful, and when upset, insensitive. I forgot Mario and Luigi were twins when I wrote this, but it still stands.

♏ Scorpio (the Scorpion) - Zelda, born November 4 (my mom's birthday o.o). Passionate, loyal, and charismatic, but can also get jealous. She can also be a bit posessive.

♐ Sagittarius (The Archer) - Rosalina, born December 16. Rosalina is philosophical, benevolent, and flexible, but can also be somewhat restless. I also imagine Ness as a Sag.

♑ Capricorn (The Goat) - Link, born January 1. Hard working, disciplined, and responsible, but can also be a bit rigid. I also see Snake as a Capricorn...dammit I want Snake back ;A;

♒ Aquarius (The Water-Bearer) - Palutena, born February 2. Quirky, idealistic, and innovative, but has a bit of an eccentric side.

♓ Pisces (The Fish) - Ike, born March 17. Compassionate and dedicated to those he cares about, but can be a bit gullible. also Shulk

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
-Chrom was defeated by Captain Falcon and injured heavily, because of this he could not enter the Smash tournament.
-Robin found a loophole and made it so Chrom could join in under the condition that he could only be summoned in special circumstances.
-Chrom is usually seen hanging around the other Megas, even though he finds them a bit strange, he gets along with them because they are all in the same situation as him.
-Chrom and Ike train together and their spars are well known for being fierce.
-Lucina was not originally meant to join the smashers, but due to Robin's "intrusion" (see Robin), she made it in without a problem.
-Lucina is kind, but a bit on the quiet side, this is due to her not being used to her surroundings as well as being afraid to talk to Marth about how she imitated him. She also avoids her father for unknown reasons.
-Robin(M) entered the arena at the same time as Lucina, therefore the exam was both his and Lucina's. However he hid to see if Lucina could handle this on her own, when he found out she couldn't, he brought down the thunder (or wind if we're literal)
-Because Robin(M) won the fight, Lucina joined the Smash as well.
-He gets along with Robin(F) and are in a friendly relationship.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lucina has a weakness for cute things, and is often spending time with Kirby, Pikachu and Yoshi (she especially likes to cuddle Kirby in her arms like a plush toy).

Samus and Rosalina are good cooks, but when Mario tries to cook, he often ends up accidentally burning the food if not setting himself on fire.

Ike is a suprisingly good swimmer.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Headcanon Time. "Holy giant wall of text, Batman!" Just a warning. Hold onto your hats, folks...

• The Super Smash Bros. Universe is just a game. Not in the sense of a video game, but it's just the figment of a child's imagination. An unnamed child who, presumably, has poor social skills. Regardless, the child has a wild imagination, and would rather shut him/herself inside of their room all day and play by themselves. One day, the child is given a set of twelve toys, all based on Nintendo characters. The child recognizes them, but doesn't care that they aren't "meant" to coexist in the same universe. And it would be neat to make them fight. In some spectacular, ridiculous locations that need to be meticulously arranged. This is all represented at the opening of Smash 64, with the toys and building blocks being plucked from the toy chest. The toys, the trophies, never actually come to life. They're just fighters because the child sees them as such. And thus, the stage is set. Super Smash Bros., the "game" being played by the child, has begun.
  • The Master Hand represents the child's creative thought process. Meticulous and calculating, making sure everything is just so. Every last detail is precisely accurate, and has purpose. That's why the stages are so incredibly rich and complex. The Master Hand is a manifestation of the child's desire to create a unique, living and breathing world of their own design. Perhaps because he'she doesn't fit in well with the real one. The fighters, of course, are "brought to life" by the Master Hand. Determined to validate their own existence, they rebel against their creator. The Master Hand's rage of being challenged by the fighters represents the child's anger of confronting the real world. That's why Final Destination constantly shifts between fantastical and realistic environments. When defeated, the Master Hand disappears in a bright flash of light. The fighter, unwittingly, is reduced to a trophy. Forced to confront reality, the child's game has ended. The sound of the door closing at the end of Smash 64's 1-P Game punctuates this perfectly, I think.
  • The Crazy Hand represents the child's potential for destruction. When a creation doesn't meet his/her criteria, it has to go. Torn down to nothing. Radical and uninhibited, the Crazy Hand is what happens when the child loses control. This, of course, could result in a big "mess" to be cleaned up, and rebuilt later. The Master Hand picks up the slack for this. The Crazy Hand is enraged by being challenged by fighters because it fears being restrained, shackled, and unable to vent its incredible power. The child may feel this way in the real world and, again, doesn't want to confront it.
  • Each new installment in the Smash series represents a change for the child. New trophies and set pieces are acquired. That's why some characters and stages return, and some don't. The child just can't let go of certain toys. The original twelve trophies, clearly, mean the most to him/her. Others, however, are disposable. Some trophies don't return because the child simply grew tired of them (Dr. Mario, Mewtwo) or replaced them with someone new (Young Link -> Toon Link, Roy -> Ike).
  • The SSE is canon. The Subspace Army represents the fears and nightmares of the child. Fears of growing up. That's why the Subspace Army is so dark, gritty, and realistic in comparison to the crazy, vibrant, and imaginative environs and denizens of Nintendo's multiverse. The Subspace Bombs, throughout the story, are the primary weapons of the villains in their quest for conquest. They tick down before exploding, just as time ticks away at the child's youth. His/her fate seems inevitable. Tabuu is what the child fears he/she will become: a lonely, selfish,power hungry "grown up" who only wants to consume more. That's why Tabuu resembles a thin, emaciated old man. Starving. Wanting more and more until there's nothing left. In the child's nightmares, it's the world itself. In reality, this could represent anything; money, resources, power. Perhaps this fear comes from a parent? Regardless, Tabuu shackles the Master Hand, stifling the child's creativity. Another fear. But the trophies, the heroes of the child's dream, save the world. Innocence has won, and the nightmare ends. The child doesn't have to grow up for a long time, and when he/she does, they won't be like Tabuu.
Am I reading too deeply into this? Probably. I have more for the characters themselves, but I wanted to mention my views on the series itself first.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
My Headcanon;
-DK hired Scrooge McDuck to teach Cranky the ways of the Pogo-Cane just so Crsnky could do something with his life.
I WORK IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS.

MasterBlu

Smash Cadet
Headcanon Time. "Holy giant wall of text, Batman!" Just a warning. Hold onto your hats, folks...

• The Super Smash Bros. Universe is just a game. Not in the sense of a video game, but it's just the figment of a child's imagination. An unnamed child who, presumably, has poor social skills. Regardless, the child has a wild imagination, and would rather shut him/herself inside of their room all day and play by themselves. One day, the child is given a set of twelve toys, all based on Nintendo characters. The child recognizes them, but doesn't care that they aren't "meant" to coexist in the same universe. And it would be neat to make them fight. In some spectacular, ridiculous locations that need to be meticulously arranged. This is all represented at the opening of Smash 64, with the toys and building blocks being plucked from the toy chest. The toys, the trophies, never actually come to life. They're just fighters because the child sees them as such. And thus, the stage is set. Super Smash Bros., the "game" being played by the child, has begun.
  • The Master Hand represents the child's creative thought process. Meticulous and calculating, making sure everything is just so. Every last detail is precisely accurate, and has purpose. That's why the stages are so incredibly rich and complex. The Master Hand is a manifestation of the child's desire to create a unique, living and breathing world of their own design. Perhaps because he'she doesn't fit in well with the real one. The fighters, of course, are "brought to life" by the Master Hand. Determined to validate their own existence, they rebel against their creator. The Master Hand's rage of being challenged by the fighters represents the child's anger of confronting the real world. That's why Final Destination constantly shifts between fantastical and realistic environments. When defeated, the Master Hand disappears in a bright flash of light. The fighter, unwittingly, is reduced to a trophy. Forced to confront reality, the child's game has ended. The sound of the door closing at the end of Smash 64's 1-P Game punctuates this perfectly, I think.
  • The Crazy Hand represents the child's potential for destruction. When a creation doesn't meet his criteria, it has to go. Torn down to nothing. Radical and uninhibited, the Crazy Hand is what happens when the child loses control. This, of course, could result in a big "mess" to be cleaned up, and rebuilt later. The Master Hand picks up the slack for this. The Crazy Hand is enraged by being challenged by fighters because it fears being restrained, shackled, and unable to vent its incredible power. The child may feel this way in the real world and, again, doesn't want to confront it.
  • Each new installment in the Smash series represents a change for the child. New trophies and set pieces are acquired. That's why some characters and stages return, and some don't. The child just can't let go of certain toys. The original twelve trophies, clearly, mean the most to him/her. Others, however, are disposable. Some trophies don't return because the child simply grew tired of them (Dr. Mario, Mewtwo) or replaced them with someone new (Young Link -> Toon Link, Roy -> Ike).
  • The SSE is canon. The Subspace Army represents the fears and nightmares of the child. Fears of growing up. That's why the Subspace Army is so dark, gritty, and realistic in comparison to the crazy, vibrant, and imaginative environs and denizens of Nintendo's multiverse. Tabuu is what the child fears he/she will become: a lonely, selfish,power hungry "grown up" who only wants to consume more. That's why Tabuu resembles a thin, emaciated old man. Starving. Wanting more and more until there's nothing left. In the child's nightmares, it's the world itself. In reality, this could represent anything; money, resources, power. Perhaps this fear comes from a parent? Regardless, Tabuu shackles the Master Hand, stifling the child's creativity. Another fear. But the trophies, the heroes of the child's dream, save the world. Innocence has won, and the nightmare ends. The child doesn't have to grow up for a long time, and when he/she does, they won't be like Tabuu.
Am I reading too deeply into this? Probably. I have more for the characters themselves, but I wanted to mention my views on the series itself first.
This is exactly what I thought. I'm not even joking. It makes complete sense. Btw, the last Smash will end with Sakurai walking in the child's room only to discover that he is the father!

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
To the person who said, "This thread is autistic." That was a pretty damn unnecessary comment, not to mention hurtful. I have ADD myself and I'm quite offended.

Anyway, I have something interesting -- Zodiac/birthday Headcanons! These are for characters that don't have any canonical birthdays listed.

♈ Aries (The Ram) - Mario, born April 14. Mario is strong willed and energetic, as is the Aries archetype. However, he can sometimes come across as a hothead and has a fiery temper.

♉ Taurus (the Bull) - Little Mac, born May 11. He has a persistent and determined personality, which can sometimes come across as stubborn. (Interestingly enough, Lucina is a canonical Taurus, born April 20.)

♊ Gemini (The Twins) - Robin (both of them), born June 12 (my birthday! c: ). Both Robins are intellectual and adaptable, but can be overly inquisitive. (I know that in FE:A, you set Robin's birthday to whatever date of your choice, but I'm assuming they're Gemini in the SSB universe.)

♋ Cancer (The Crab) - Captain Falcon, born July 15 (F-Zero X's Japanese release anniversary). The Cap is cautious, intuitive, protective, and a big softy at heart (even though he doesn't like to show it much). However, he can be a bit suspecting of others sometimes and tries to double-check their motives.
I know that in F-Zero GP Legend/Climax, the Cap's birthday is April 1, but in the GPL universe, that's technically a different Captain Falcon (ergo, in that universe "Captain Falcon" is a title, not a person, and the person who had it at the time was Andrew Summers, Jody Summers's long-lost older brother. In other words, the "canon" Captain Falcon referred to here, Douglas Jay (from main F-Zero/X/GX), is not Jody Summers's brother. Besides, it was pretty much confirmed that GP Legend is an alternate universe.

♌ Leo (The Lion) - Samus Aran, born August 8 (Metroid's original release date). Daring, heroic, and ambitious, but sometimes comes across as dominating. She also has a tendency to be reckless.

♍ Virgo (The Maiden) - Peach, born September 9. Modest, honest and helpful, but also has an anxious streak.

♎ Libra (The Scales) - Luigi, born October 3. Charming, light-hearted and a sweetheart, but also hesitant, fearful, and when upset, insensitive.

♏ Scorpio (the Scorpion) - Zelda, born November 4 (my mom's birthday o.o). Passionate, loyal, and charismatic, but can also get jealous. She can also be a bit posessive.

♐ Sagittarius (The Archer) - Rosalina, born December 16. Rosalina is philosophical, benevolent, and flexible, but can also be somewhat restless.

♑ Capricorn (The Goat) - Link, born January 1. Hard working, disciplined, and responsible, but can also be a bit rigid.

♒ Aquarius (The Water-Bearer) - Palutena, born February 2. Quirky, idealistic, and innovative, but has a bit of an eccentric side.

♓ Pisces (The Fish) - Ike, born March 17. Compassionate and dedicated to those he cares about, but can be a bit gullible. also Shulk assuming he gets in
I kinda wish I could "like" this more than once. Absolutely spot on, brilliant interpretations of the characters. I honestly never would have thought of that. The birthdays coinciding with the release dates are also pretty crazy, but awesome. It all just seems to work so well. The Robin counterparts being Twins. Peach being Mario's "Maiden." Link even herds Goats in Twilight Princess. It all makes sense.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
-Marth sealed his 'spirit' into Falchion, years after New Mystery of the Emblem, to watch over his descendants.. When Lucina arrived at the Smash Mansion, Falchion started glowing, and Marth's spirit appeared, freaking everyone out.
-Marth actually used the mask Lucina wore while imitating him on Halloween. Using his sister's magic to create a hologram of himself to take his place, he scared the living daylights out of the younger Smashers and the more timid people. His identity was later uncovered by Ike, and he was forced to scrub to whole mansion with a toothbrush for punishment, under Master Hand's orders.

Totally Casual

Smash Cadet
The women of Smash aren't two-dimensional and only worth thinking of headcanons for in order to ship, create love triangles or try to write hysterical high schoolesque drama

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316
Link and Toon Link partner up to fight crime and keep the peace and have a "Buddy Cop" kind of relationship; Link is the calm, by-the-books type and Toon Link is the impulsive loose cannon. Their differing approaches and conflicting personalities means they get on each others nerves often, but they know deep down that each one makes up for what the other lacks and they usually end up, as Buddy Cop stories often do, with each Link learning from the other.

Zelda is their hard-ass boss who has to constantly deal with the fall-out of their shenanigans and is constantly threatening to kick them off the Smash Force, but always fights to keep them around because she knows they get results.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The "child playing with his toys" thing isn't true, but the real world still factors into this. Whenever someone creates a creative work, it appears in the fictional universe. At some point, the Nintendo characters (plus a few others) organized a huge tournament.

And yes, this means that Shrek and Goku are in Smash after all...

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
The "child playing with his toys" thing isn't true, but the real world still factors into this. Whenever someone creates a creative work, it appears in the fictional universe. At some point, the Nintendo characters (plus a few others) organized a huge tournament.

And yes, this means that Shrek and Goku are in Smash after all...
The "Child playing with his toys" this is cannon. I will give you a list of reasons why if you want, tomorrow.

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
The "Child playing with his toys" this is cannon. I will give you a list of reasons why if you want, tomorrow.
I understand completely that the "toys" thing is supported by the games, but it's fun to think up other possibilities (which is basically what this thread is about).

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
This is a long one but a good story:
Part 1
Ganondorf, Samus, and Captain Falcon are all related to each other.
So basically, in every period of time there is the entity that is "Ganon" that exists within someone, this someone is known as Rodney Aran, Samus' father. Rodney is involved in some Zelda game that is yet to be released (a futuristic cyber punk Zelda). This is gonna sound weird. Bear with me.
So Rodney Aran was previously with another woman prior to Virginia Aran (Samus' mother). Rodney was a successful businessman and secret space pirate who funded and participated in all their attacks around the galaxy. Living in Port Town, with money being the king of everything in the 25th-26th century, Rodney planned to rule through money and influence with the help of the pirates. With his current girlfriend, he produced a child named Douglas Jay. After his son's birth, a financial crisis hit his family and the space pirates were breathing down his neck due to lowered aid from his pockets. With the responsibilities coming too early, the young Rodney Aran flees from his mistress and his son Douglas Jay and travels to K-2L Douglas Jay later takes his mother's last name...which is Falcon.

Now part 2:
Rodney is now settled with a wife named Virginia, who has no knowledge about his past or his goal to rule the world. With his wife, he reproduces a daughter, named Samus. Rodney's (also known as the epitome of the entity of Ganon) plans to train his daughter to help him take care of the prophesized hero of time. During some days, he invited the Chozo to meet his family, planning to use their ancient fighting style to train his daughter into a warrior. He also planned to teach his daughter some tricks up his sleeve as well. Everything wasn't all roses and honey though. The space pirates, who were searching for Rodney all this time, finally found him on the planet and they launched a full fledged attack on the entire colony to exterminate EVERYONE.

Part 3
The leader of the space pirates (Ridley) goes to Samus' home specifically because he has some personal unfinished business with her father. There he kills Virginia Aran as she sacrificed herself to save three year old Samus. Angered immensely, Rodney activates his triforce of power and goes on a rampage, destroying a lot of space pirates but his efforts were futile as Ridley managed to escape from the scene. As Ridley got onto his flagship to move on from the home, with his last bit of strength, Rodney tore the hull into the main panel of the ship and punched through the wiring and microchips which causes the flagship to explode, Ridley barely managed to escape. It was believed Rodney died in the explosion. The Chozon intercept in time and rescue Samus from her doom.

Part 4
The triforce on Rodney's hand glows as he is revived by the goddesses once again. He wakes up to a decimated planet, with his house in rubble. Saddened, Rodney spends his time searching through rubble for his daughter, but she is nowhere to be found. He is later found by a Galactic Federation patrol and clean up team who later transport him back to Port Town, where he requested be. There he's reunited with his old girlfriend and his son, Douglas Jay Falcon, who is now approx. 14 years old. Although his son did not wear his heart on his sleeve when he met his father again, Rodney tried everything he could to win his heart, and he did. Rodney vows to never try to rule the galaxy ever again, and he teaches his son, soon to be known as Captain Falcon, a fighting style of self defence against space pirates because he didn't want to lose his son the same way he lost his daughter (or so he thought he lost his daughter). This is why ganondorf and captain falcon have a similar moveset. Later, Rodney dies a peaceful death and Captain Falcon pursues his dream to be an elite racer and bounty hunter. He uses the prize money to help with orphanages, for those children felt they same way he did when Rodney, aka Ganondorf left his family. And this is why both Captain Falcon and Samus are bounty hunters, it is genetically pre dispositioned, similar to the separation of twins experiment a while back. Also explains why both Samus and Captain Falcon share the same stage in smash 64.
That is the story, the end.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I understand completely that the "toys" thing is supported by the games, but it's fun to think up other possibilities (which is basically what this thread is about).
Smash 64 intro
Need I say more?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Okay, here's my headcanon (read: unwritten fanfic):
The 'tournament between dimensional fighters' version of the story is only half-true and is a cover for the other half. The Smashers don't gather for the purpose of the tournament at all, but to protect an object of great power. This object could be whatever it's envisioned to be, but for the purposes of this explanation, I'll call it the True Smash Ball.

Before Smash 64, all worlds were separate just as we see them in their own series. Master Hand and Crazy Hand were inter-dimensional beings who existed for the purpose of preventing anyone from obtaining the True Smash Ball (which exists somewhere in the vicinity of Final Destination.) At some point, Tabuu learned of the power the TSB holds and decided to attain it for himself. He sent the prototypes of his army, the Fighting Polygons, to retrieve it. Although much more powerful than the Polygons, Master Hand and Crazy Hand were vastly outnumbered and were defeated. In a desperate attempt to keep it out of Tabuu's hands, the two randomly sent the TSB to another dimension. As a result of the TSB's power shifting through dimensions, many dimensional barriers started to weaken and all of the worlds in the Video Game Multiverse began to slowly merge.

The Fighting Polygon Team retreated when it became clear the True Smash Ball was no longer there, and Master Hand came up with a plan to gather heroes in an attempt to retrieve it (not even he knew where it went). The Original 12 were chosen, informed of the situation, and all agreed to help - some of them agreed to help just to do good (Mario, Link, Ness, etc) and some agreed to help - for a price (Samus, Captain Falcon, etc). After a series of battle between the Smashers and the Fighting Polygon Team (which learned to take on the forms of its enemies), the Smashers were victorious and restored the TSB to its rightful place.

However, the dimensional walls were still weakening, having been unable to handle the power of the TSB traveling through them. This posed many new threats from many worlds to the True Smash Ball, and so Master Hand asked the Smashers to stay at Final Destination to protect it. As an extra measure of protection, he created the cover of the Smash Tournament and built the Smash Mansion of many a fanfic for them all to live in. They all agreed, although they still go to check in on their home every now and again.

Master Hand did not tell them that one of the effects of long-term exposure to Final Destination is the magic in the area stops the effects of aging. This spell was meant to keep Master Hand and Crazy Hand, the guardians of the TSB, from dying of age. This is why characters in the Smash series are eternally young, no matter how many years pass.

As the barriers between dimensions continued to grow weaker and weaker, more characters found their way to Final Destination, most of them being heroes. They were invited to the Smash Tournament, but not told of the True Smash Ball. And of course, many villains found their way there, as well. Of course, some saw this tournament as an opportunity to use the tournament for their own goals, and asked to join it. Master Hand had two choices: refuse, and make them suspicious, or accept and do all he could to make things seem less suspicious. He accepted them, but did all he could to hide the existence of the True Smash Ball.

At some point, the Fighting Wireframes (improvements on the Polygon design) attacked. Every Smasher new and old defended the Smash Mansion. Naturally, the new ones asked why they would attack, but the others wouldn't tell them. The villains became highly suspicious, and eventually, Ganondorf discovered the existence of the TSB. He and Bowser secretly went to gain it for themselves, but Mewtwo heard their thoughts in passing and followed them discretely to see if it was true, and to stop them if necessary. Ganondorf and Bowser found the TSB, but before Mewtwo could stop them, they gained its power for themselves, causing incredible dimensional instability and giving them insane amounts of power. Ganondorf gained an intense amount of magical power, and Bowser became Giga Bowser. Mewtwo tried to stop them, but Ganondorf quickly used his new power to place Mewtwo under his control. The three attacked the Smash Mansion, and it was only through combining the efforts of everyone there that they were able to stop the three. Ever since then, this event has come to be known as "Event 51"

The heavy use of the TSB's power caused it to shatter into many fragments - the Smash Balls in Brawl, which randomly phase in and out of dimensions. When characters break a Smash Ball, they gain a small fragment of the original's power, which they can use to unleash very powerful attacks. Afterwards, they return this fragment to the original in hopes that eventually, they will have the full TSB again. They gather them in order to prevent others with less altruistic purposes from doing so.

Anyways, after Event 51, Mewtwo, ashamed at his inability to stop Ganon and Bowser, willingly left the Smashers, finding himself unworthy to be among their ranks and choosing a life of solitude and training until he is ready to return. Roy, Pichu, and Young Link decided to join him.

With weaker barriers once more, new worlds were opened up, and Master Hand found as many heroes as he could to join for the purpose of regathering the True Smash Ball fragments. Although he was at first inclined to kick Bowser and Ganondorf out, he decided to keep them around so he could keep a close watch on them.

Then the SSE happened. Tabuu had managed to gather a sample of Game & Watch's DNA during the battle and managed to clone him from it, using him to create the Shadow Bugs and perfect his army. He assaulted the world directly, stealing Samus' armor, capturing a number of the Pokemon defenders, contacting the villains and getting them to serve under him, and taking control of Master Hand and using him as a puppet to give out his orders and hide his identity. The Smashers were scattered by the devastating attack.

Ganondorf knew that Master Hand was under the control of Tabuu. This is why he served him in the SSE. But Ganondorf was always planning to betray whoever was pulling the strings at the first chance - he wanted the power for himself once more. This is why he attacked Tabuu as soon as the two met face-to-face.

When revived, Ganon and Bowser realized Tabuu was more than just a threat to the Smashers - he was a threat to them, and so they joined the rest of the Smashers one last time to defeat him.

Subspace cracked the dimensional walls badly enough during these events that even 3rd Parties like Snake and Sonic were able to make it to the world of Final Destination. (The entire world in SSE is an extended FD created for the Smashers by Master Hand).

And now, Tabuu is gone for good. Although he is no longer a threat, such an open multiverse being exposed has caused the need to gather and protect the Smash Ball fragments more vital than ever, so Master Hand continues to gather warriors together from every world he can find. He still keeps the villains close at hand, and keeps as close an eye on them as possible. When he hears of a particularly worthy candidate, he sends them a letter. The Smash Tournament has become very well-known by this point, and every hero in the multiverse dreams of the day they find that letter in their mailbox (or whatever their equivalent is).
Mii Fighters are well-known as avatars of deities that exist beyond the comprehension of even the likes of Master Hand and Tabuu (read: us)

Matches do happen in the Smash tournaments, but they always take place in an arena with magical fields that prevent the more powerful Smashers from using their most powerful abilities. Attaining a Smash Ball gives them the power to temporarily break this field.

All characters who were cut were not actually forced out, but left of their own will.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
The arm cannons used by Mii Gunners were crafted by the same Monita units that created the replica Varia Suits used in Metroid Blast.

Guess where Kirby and Pac-Man hang out the most!

The Fighting Polygon Team was created by Sony's failed PSOne mascot, Polygon Man.

Last edited:

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
In melee, both Zelda and Sheik were the same person (the Zelda from OoT). She got replaced with TP Zelda who pulled double duty likewise. In Smash 4, Zelda and Sheik are separate people, with Zelda being TP and Sheik OoT. After Sheik's initial animosity towards Zelda for A. replacing her and B. being the 'true' version, the two eventually become good friends.

Bowser keeps an eye on the younger smashers, even mentoring them (not evilly) when necessary. He's a family man at heart, and misses his children.

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
So, I thought of doing something for each character, but I'll just do this first.

In the land of Nintendia, there's "Smash High". In that, only the greatest are able to attend in both their brains and abilites. In the new semester, Rosalina, originally homeschooled in outer space, comes down to Earth to attend public school for the first time. She's a somewhat shy fish out of water, but is willing to learn and be a nice girl. On her first day, she makes friends with Samus and Kirby. Both of them are considered outcasts in the school. Kirby is an obese creature who despite being a guy is completely pink, and he has these strange feelings for Yoshi. Samus meanwhile can't stand the cliques and school system, most notably with the Goddesses ("We're princesses, but better!"). The Goddesses include Peach, the dumbest girl you will ever meet, Zelda, leader of the school's LGBTQ community, with members including Robin, Lucina, Marth, and others, and evil herself, Palutena, the queen bee of the school. She's a true goddess after all.

Rosalina slowly gets to become a part of the Goddesses. In that time, she starts falling for Pit, Palutena's ex-boyfriend. They start to hit it off, but when Palutena steals him back, it's a story of revenge and turmoil, with Rosalina finding her true place in life along the way. And there's a running gag over the gym teachers Little Mac and Wii Fit Trainer having an affair. And also in my canon, the kids (Ice Climbers, Young Link, Toon Link, Pichu, Villager, Ness, Lucas) go to "Smash Elementary."

Watch "Smash High" Friday @ 8 only on Disney Channel!

...i'm so sorry

Nielicus

Smash Lord
Rosalina would fit really well with any of the Pokemon minus Mewtwo because of her mothering and sort of leadership. More Pikachu and Jigglypuff rather than the others

Sonic and Palutena would probably get along well too idk why though

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Donkey Kong writes yaoi nintendo fanfiction.
Not headcanon, absolute fact.
It's Mario who writes fanfiction about his series (whether it's yaoi or not is anyone's guess) and I can prove it too! See, at the end of Galaxy 1, when the universe was rebuilding itself and Mario was in that weird limbo with Giant Rosalina and the crying Luma babies, he began imagining a fanfic in which all of them were turned into babies. This included himself, his brother, the two princesses, Rosie, DK, etc, etc. However, since he was outside the universe, those thoughts were turned into reality as Rosie was rebuilding the universe with her thoughts. Ergo, when reality was restored, the baby versions of the cast became their own separate entities, explaining why Baby Rosalina exist when looking little like she did in the storybook: it was from Mario's image! (How Bowser Jr. and the Mario Party Koopa Kids relate to this is also anyone's guess.)

This message was brought to you by a plot point from a certain book written by Orson Scott Card.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Rosalina would fit really well with any of the Pokemon minus Mewtwo because of her mothering and sort of leadership. More Pikachu and Jigglypuff rather than the others

Sonic and Palutena would probably get along well too idk why though
Yeah, I feel like Rosalina would be liked by many of the others, particularly the younger characters. Lucas, Toon Link, and the Ice Climbers come to mind. There's just something about her that's maternal. Comforting. And I TOTALLY agree with what someone mentioned earlier, how Palutena is very jealous of her.

Speaking of Palutena, I feel like Sonic would respect her publicly, but secretly resent her. You saw her Light Weight ability in the reveal trailer. She's capable of keeping up with The Fastest Thing Aliiieeeiiive! That has to get under his skin a little.

Top Bottom