• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm not sure if this is the right board for this, but it's pretty similar to the shipping topic in this board, so I just put it here.

This is a place where you can talk about the various headcanons you have about how certain Smash Bros characters might interact with each other and what not.

For example:
-Lucas would probably find comfort in Rosalina's motherly nature, and she'd probably be able to comfort him over his losses, especially since she lost her own mother a long time ago.

-Luigi struggles to get noticed by the non-Mario characters because he is too shy and awkward to properly talk to them. The only exceptions are Sonic, Ness, Dedede, and Kirby. Not only are these four amongst the six characters you MUST complete Subspace Emissary with (along with Luigi and Bowser), but the friendly and outgoing nature of these characters means Luigi can easily feel comfort around them. These for help him become more outgoing.

-Sonic would probably get along really well with Rosalina, to the point of it being kind of romantic (they've recently become a bit of a ship to me, but it could easily be interpreted as purely platonic). The first reason for this is that Sonic is very good with kids. Sonic raised Tails like a little brother, is very nice to Cream where he'd normally be a bit more snarky, and enjoys looking after Chao. He also looked after the robot Emerl, who refers to Sonic as his father countless times. This would translate to Sonic looking after the Lumas if he ever found them in need, and Rosalina would likely notice and would appreciate it deeply. The second reason is that, as proven by the Storybook games, Sonic loves and values literature. He'd probably be one of the first to join one of Rosalina's story time sessions, and this would probably mean a lot to Rosalina, especially if it was her own story about her past that she was reading. Thirdly, Sonic hates crying, or seeing people with deep feelings of loneliness, or seeing people shut themselves away solely for the sake of a duty. Rosalina does all of these things to herself, so Sonic would do something to help her feel better, and wouldn't rest until he sees her at least genuinely smile with a complete feeling of happiness. Sonic has done this with a lot of female characters in the Sonic series, and even some of the guys (like Knuckles and Shadow).

I'll probably right some more after, but I wanna see what you guys have!

Last edited:

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
My headcanon is that Mario and Luigi are secretly wolves and love to softly bite each other pleasurably.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Captain Falcon teaches Yoshi the art of Boost Fire because Yoshi is technically the oldest Mario character, and he can drive without the safety on.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
Three words: Link and Peach. Sakurai obviously ships them. Just look at some of the pics of the day. :/

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Three words: Link and Peach. Sakurai obviously ships them. Just look at some of the pics of the day. :/
I take it a bit further than that, based on many screenshots (both PotD's and screenshots from the Nintendo UK Facebook pages):

Link, Peach, Mario, Zelda, and Marth are all part of a highschool-level drama. Marth is the pretty boy that can get any girl he wants, Mario thinks he's getting married to the lovely Princess Peach, but she's actually fooling around with Marth. Peach sees Link though, and gets jealous of Zelda, and attempts to seduce Link. Link feels Peach's advances are totally uncomfortable because he finds her hot and attractive but he doesn't love her like he does Zelda. However, Zelda is clingy and easily wound-up, and Peach takes advantage of this. Link is an unwilling man dealing with these two women who are sensitive in wildly different ways.

Ulti-Bman

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0318-7834-6568
Kirby is revealed as the Chosen One of Nintendo. His new game, Kirby Air Ride 2: The Experience, will boost Wii U sales by 10000000000000%. I am right because my opinion is fact on the Internet.

:happysheep::happysheep::happysheep:

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Layton and Kawashima greet each other with a bow since they are both professors.
Tom Nook and Anna would have electric staring eyes to each other since they are big money makers.
Megaman and R.O.B. do the robot dance. (Yeah, that one was weak :p )
Prince Sable and Lip blush next to each other but try to stay away as far as possible.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Peach and Zelda declare war between the Mushroom Kingdom and Hyrule over an argument on who's prettier, and this war is seen every time Mario (Except Rosalina. She isn't from the Mushroom Kingdom, but she and her Lumas are waving their Team Peach foam fingers from above) and Zelda characters face off.

Nintendog seems to be curious about the fighters, but his owner seems worried (After all, the poor puppy can barely stand on all fours. How cute!), so he uses his toys to manipulate the dog to defend itself.

Wario and King Dedede have teamed up to take down a common foe they share: the Wii Fit Trainer. But she's confident that she can turn their lifestyles around before she gets disgusted any further.

Villager isn't sure how he feels about being forced into combat so quickly without preparation (He didn't even get the chance to pack snacks and pick out an outfit! :O), but it looks like Rosalina sees potential in him, so she befriends him and acts like his own Palutena with a motherly instinct like she does with her Lumas (She knows he gets homesick easily). But whenever the fight's in his town, that when **** gets real!

Mario and Sonic ****ing hate each other.

Bowser, after finally realizing this Peach thing isn't gonna work out. So he tries to hit on every other girl. The results are basically every episode of Johnny Bravo. Sometimes all the girls attack him at once like a charging horde of Pikmin!

Pit squeals like a fangirl every time he meets a main protagonist.

Master Hand sent out invitations all across the multiverse (Final Destination is a tour across the multiverse, with each milky way being a universe.) to bring all the fighters and Assist Trophies together, and get them to kill each other for him (Even the likes of Villager and Nintendog. Master Hand shows no mercy!). Once that happens, he will proceed with his plans to engulf the multiverse into darkness!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pokemon Trainer is high tier.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Wii Fit Trainer and Doc Louis.

"That's it. Feel the burn Mac baby!"

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There is a love triangle going on between Peach, Link and Zelda. It's obvious.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Peach has slept with slept with every human male in Smash Bros. except for Luigi. As a result of Peach's flirting, Zelda's love for Link is unrequited, and she seems to only attract Donkey Kong much to her dismay. Maybe Zelda and Luigi should hook up.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I've always had the headcanon that Roy and Bowser are actually good, respectful buddies. Mostly because they both:

- Are low on the tier list
- Are readheads
- Can produce fire

I guess they realize the similarities they share, and practice together to overcome their weaknesses (and Bowser's biased towards redheads, so he treats Roy nicely). Oh and Ganondorf because of his hair colour as well. So I guess Bowser, Ganon, and Roy are in some sort of 3 man truce with one another lolwut?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've always had the headcanon that Roy and Bowser are actually good, respectful buddies. Mostly because they both:

- Are low on the tier list
- Are readheads
- Can produce fire

I guess they realize the similarities they share, and practice together to overcome their weaknesses (and Bowser's biased towards redheads, so he treats Roy nicely). Oh and Ganondorf because of his hair colour as well. So I guess Bowser, Ganon, and Roy are in some sort of 3 man truce with one another lolwut?
Hey, Mario is also a red guy who can produce fire and not so high on the tier list. :troll:

Eight Melodies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DestroyerGiygas
Peach has slept with slept with every human male in Smash Bros. except for Luigi. As a result of Peach's flirting, Zelda's love for Link is unrequited, and she seems to only attract Donkey Kong much to her dismay. Maybe Zelda and Luigi should hook up.
I hope the list of people Peach has slept with doesn't include Ness, Lucas, or Toon Link.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
The fighters live in a giant apartment building, interacting with each other after fights.

Mewtwo has no interactions with any of the other fighters, except for occasionally training the Ice Climbers and Young Link, enjoying their company. In fact, Mewtwo is rumored to live outside of the apartment building, where exactly is unknown.

The Hands are two children playing with their "toys". Master Hand is the good spirit who wants to play with his toys peacefully. Crazy Hand is the opposite, wanting nothing but to destroy and see how much it will take to "break" his toys.

Mega Man is secretly terrified by Sonic, constantly watching his blue spikes.

Ganondorf actually runs a school where he teaches Smash rejects how to fight. However, his lectures are feared, as he constantly punishes his students. Waluigi was hospitalized after the first day.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The fighters live in a giant apartment building, interacting with each other after fights.

Mewtwo has no interactions with any of the other fighters, except for occasionally training the Ice Climbers and Young Link, enjoying their company. In fact, Mewtwo is rumored to live outside of the apartment building, where exactly is unknown.

The Hands are two children playing with their "toys". Master Hand is the good spirit who wants to play with his toys peacefully. Crazy Hand is the opposite, wanting nothing but to destroy and see how much it will take to "break" his toys.

Mega Man is secretly terrified by Sonic, constantly watching his blue spikes.

Ganondorf actually runs a school where he teaches Smash rejects how to fight. However, his lectures are feared, as he constantly punishes his students. Waluigi was hospitalized after the first day.

Oh, and Captain Falcon stalks Samus. Don't ask why.
Because Brawl in the Family? :p

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Sonic and Captain Falcon are constantly going at it to be the fastest. Of course, Falcon, who's pride is off the charts, cannot handle the fact that Sonic is naturally and eternally superior in speed. Therefore leading to a lifelong rivalry. And Mario tries to help Falcon succeed. While Mega Man hangs with Sonic.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
- Marth does everyone's hairstyles and make-up in between matches.

- Every time Isaac pops out of an AT, he spends his time complaining that he's not in Brawl and tries to persuade everyone to request him for Smash 4, only to shortly disappear due to limited time appearing. (Why I imagine Isaac doing this is beyond me...)

- Despite keeping a friendly exterior, Dr. Mario is actually crazy and wants to take over the world with Megavitamins.

Hmm, can't remember any other headcanons right now haha...

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I love the Pit fangirls over protagonist canon mentioned earlier. I'm stealing it for my own head. After Uprising, it's too easy to picture.

After the Little Mac trailer, if you don't ship Mac and Samus, i don't even know what to tell you except you're objectively wrong.

Gune

Smash Lord
Lucario is somewhat of a loner usually by himself in his room on the roof or out in the woods either meditating training himself or relaxing, Lucario isn't really talkative so he's a good shoulder to cry on he only has 2 close freinds Snake and metaknight.

Ness is the prankster of the Mansion usually getting away with a few tricks here and there his low attention span is somewhat surprising considering how well thought out his pranks , toon Link and Popo and Nana usually join him.

Luigi is the the softspoken third wheel often he is usually hanging around Mario honestly being to shy to be on his own and meet others but is slowly overcoming the fear of interaction.

These have been my head cannon for my mains since 2009.

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Toon Link and Lucas are best friends. Their personalities really mesh well together. Toon Link is really aggressive and always getting into fights with the other smashers to try to prove he's one of the best fighters there and Lucas is very quiet and caring. Whenever Toon Link gets badly injured in a fight Lucas always heals him with a lifeup spell.

Last edited:

Chase

Smash Ace
Hmm...OK.

The Smashers all live in a large mansion owned by Master Hand.

Outside of Smash, Ness, Falco, Diddy Kong, and Dedede are all on a Bowling Team (don't ask).

Ganondorf constantly tries to change his moveset to use a weapon, but something always happens breaking said weapon.

Nikki from Swapnote is the Mansion's housekeeper.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Captain Falcon and Little Mac are constantly fighting over Samus, and she enjoys the attention.
Link and Toon Link can't stand to be in the same room, not because they don't like each other, but because it is weird.
Villager, Toon Link, Ness, and Lucas are best friends and always play together.
Zelda and Peach are constantly fighting over Link, and Link doesn't know who to really choose. Ganondorf, Dedede, and Bowser are besties

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Dr. Mario abuses the fact that he's the only person that the other characters see to get patched up by purposefully injuring them in battle to have them visit him more, thus making them pay him more.

It's all part of the plan.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have some.

- Fox and Falco both try to act as a sort of mentor / tutor to Diddy, due to his interesst in their technology and guns. But he doesn't have quite the attention spawn, plus he admires DK more than them. Fox and Falco are also quite in conflict togheter on how to exactly tutor Diddy, as Fox wants a more gentle approach, and Falco is more brash.

- Some of the characters are purposely holding back their powers (Ness and Samus), or Master Hand made them do so against their will (Mewtwo in Melee, Ganondorf in Brawl). Speaking of Ganondorf, his power got nerfed by Master Hand by 'betraying' his loyalty by serving under Giga Bowser in Melee and try to dominate the world of Smash. It's also the reason Mewtwo left Brawl, but none of the other Smashers know the reason. So yeah, Event 51 is kinda important in my head canon of Smash :laugh: Also: Bowser has no memories of him ever being Giga Bowser in Melee.

- The Smash characters involved are actually Smashing to hone their new skills for their upcoming adventures / other reasons. From game to game, they have no memory of what happens in Smash, they only notice in time that their skills improve more easily naturally. When entering the world of Smash, their consiousness and memories from other Smash games come back.

- Meetings between Young Link and Zelda are very awkward, as Young Link has no clue who she is, but Zelda knows everything about him. This makes Young Link feel very anxious about Zelda.

- Ike and Ganondorf naturally have a clashing personality and always feel fired to fight each other.

- Captain Falcon tries his best to get everyone to like him, and is very, very enthusiastic and full of energy that even though some people think he's annoying, many do still respect him. Some think he's a complete jackass however.

- Marth and Ike have a natural affinity with Zelda, and she likes conversing with them, to Link's annoyance. Despite all, the 3 have good respect for each other.

- Toon Link is seriously freaked out by the looks of Link, Zelda and Ganondorf but he keeps his mouth shut. Link, Zelda and Ganondorf actually think the same of Toon Link.

- Ness and Lucas are literally always togheter, as they speak a lot about each other's adventures. If Team Battles are mentoined, they will always want to team up. Same with DK and Diddy, although Diddy also likes teaming up with Fox / Falco / Yoshi and Pikachu.

- Best friends of my mains:
Diddy Kong : DK, Fox, Falco, Yoshi, Pikachu, Ness, Lucas, Kirby, Toon Link.
DK: Diddy, Ike, and tries to be friendly with all Original 12. Acts as a sort of uncle to the whole group.

Top Bottom