• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Every 27th day of the month, Smashers and Supporters go off to Wuhu Island for 4 days to hang out and relax after all the tourney fights and antics in the Mansion. The Mansion is left under Assists' care, though few of them might join in if persuaded.

Generally everyone has amazing time and activities are aplenty and variable enough to satisfy everyone's needs, as is the resort enough huge to hold so many people.
Favorite activities include flight tours in Flight Club at Pilotwings Resort, sword fighting, water sports, and if properly arranged, kart racing.

Some of the fighters are known to invite in their relatives or close companions into the island for reunions or meetings after long time from home. These can include folk like Jeigan and Sheeda, Mons' Trainers, Aryll and Grandma, Ness's Family, Star Fox-crew, etc.
Ike still fails to invite Soren without getting declined, but Elincia is a frequent quest, turning out to be very popular around Smash-kids for being such a maternal "lady" to be with.

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Fan projects like Flash 2 and Crusade are side events with less strict regulations than the main events. Just some fun outside the tournaments and giving a chance for anyone capable to fight. Some participants, like :4megaman::4duckhunt:, were invited to the real event after Master Hand watched their performance there.
  • Project M is different; it was illegally organized by :mewtwopm: to judge whether or not the fighters' abilities are capable of satisfying his bloodlust now so he didn't have to hold back anymore. He's judged them to be worthy opponents now, and he's decided to return to the main event because of that.

Ignoth

Smash Cadet
I'm not a big headcanon guy, but the Palutena's Guidances gave me some stuff to think about.

Much like the mythological Greek Gods, I'll bet that the Goddesses in Kid Icarus have probably had some affairs with mortals.

So far we can assume that:

Viridi's been with :4link: and :4marth:.
and Palutena's been with :4lucina:

Whether the Goddess have used dishonest measures to get the affairs started, how far these relationships went, and how many they've had is purely up to speculation. They might even wipe the other person's memory afterwards.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Headcanon on why is Dark Pit allied with Viridi:

Master Hand invited Pit, Palutena and Dark Pit to the tournament shortly after the end of KIU. With Phosphora being anAssist Trophy (AKA not a fighter) and Viridi not being invited, she asked Dark Pit to join her and fight on her behalf.

Of course, Dark Pit was opposed to the idea at first, which is why Viridi made a deal: she would grant him the Power of Flight to be evenly matched with Pit in a fight and help him win the Smash Bros. tournament. (This reminds me that this isn't the first time Dark Pit fights alongside the Forces of Nature... Remember the Lunar Sanctum part in KIU? Arlon asks Dark Pit to help defend it and Dark Pit accepts just to fight Pit.)

What about the Lightning Chariot? Well, Master Hand, being the tournament's organizer has demanded Palutena to give it to Viridi... For unknown reasons.

Other headcanons:
The Evil King Ganondorf is always up to devious schemes. He sees the Smash tournament as a way to attain more power and dominion over other worlds, but first he needs to usurp Master Hand's place... Even Bowser opposes to his schemes, considering them as too evil.

Master Hand has strict rules for the tournament and is known to expel fighters who break those rules. One of the rules is forbidding fights to the death. Ganondorf knows this too well and this is why he actually holds back when participating in matches. He wants to ensure he comes off on top without standing out too much. He may be a brutal fighter, but he's cunning and knows he shouldn't be reckless to ensure his plan succeeds.

Invited fighters are subject to a trial set by Master Hand. Those who pass can participate in the tournament. Each trial is made to test said fighters' skills, so each trial is unique to each fighter. Even returning fighters must pass the trial...

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
Not my headcanon, but I support it nonetheless.

But what if your fighting another R.O.B? There can't be two last of it's kind.

My turn!

:4drmario: doesn't want Dr.:4wario: in. Why would anyone think :4wario2: is a doctor of any kind?

:4ganondorf: doesn't want King K. Rool because the Krokodile will his steal his subtitle "The King of Evil".

If any food has gone missing :4kirby: and :4pacman: are often blamed.

:4charizard: once set a house on fire and singed :4falco:.

If :mewtwopm: feels lucky enough the genderless experiment gone right will try and mind control :4dk:. :4rob: knows how well this going to end.......

Last edited:

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
But what if your fighting another R.O.B? There can't be two last of it's kind.

My turn!

:4drmario: doesn't want Dr.:4wario: in. Why would anyone think :4wario2: is a doctor of any kind?

:4ganondorf: doesn't want King K. Rool because the Krokodile will ruin his steal his subtitle "The King of Evil".

If any food has gone missing :4kirby: and :4pacman: are often blamed.

:4charizard: once set a house on fire and singed :4falco:.

If :mewtwopm: feels lucky enough the genderless experiment gone right will try and mind control :4dk:. :4rob: knows how well this going to end.......
Because how does Link fight Toon Link when they're from 2 completely different timelines, and how does Mario fight another Mario and Luigi fight another Luigi? Smash Bros. basically involves time travel and dimensional hopping to fight one another, which in turn also brings in R.O.B.s, Bowsers, Warios, ect. from different dimensions.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
I take it a bit further than that, based on many screenshots (both PotD's and screenshots from the Nintendo UK Facebook pages):

Link, Peach, Mario, Zelda, and Marth are all part of a highschool-level drama. Marth is the pretty boy that can get any girl he wants, Mario thinks he's getting married to the lovely Princess Peach, but she's actually fooling around with Marth. Peach sees Link though, and gets jealous of Zelda, and attempts to seduce Link. Link feels Peach's advances are totally uncomfortable because he finds her hot and attractive but he doesn't love her like he does Zelda. However, Zelda is clingy and easily wound-up, and Peach takes advantage of this. Link is an unwilling man dealing with these two women who are sensitive in wildly different ways.
And now, Link must deal with Viridi. Should he be happy that there are three women attracted to him, or should he worry that they will fight?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't get it
Well, you're a raccoon! You aren't going to understand the way of the dongs!

:4wendy: once heard about :4robinm: attempts to get a third person in bed with him and :4lucina:, and she was offended when :4robinm: never asked her. He puked at her offer...

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
With the recent patch notes I can't help but think :rosalina: volunteered to be,nerfed because she is concerned about the Lumas and doesn't mind waiting a little while longer for them.

Also the saying "Mothers are strong" seems to really apply to Samus and Rosalina.

:4wiifit: is starting her fitness center, so she gets Mario, Little Mac, Snake, Link, and Dunban to help. And by "help" that means "blackmailing them with pictures that she may or may not photo shopped".

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
:4robinf:'s name is spelled Robyn, with a Y, to distinguish her from:4robinm:with an I.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Well, you're a raccoon! You aren't going to understand the way of the dongs!

:4wendy: once heard about :4robinm: attempts to get a third person in bed with him and :4lucina:, and she was offended when :4robinm: never asked her. He puked at her offer...

Ness came up with the Boxing Ring aliases

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
She's the leader.
.... of her own pack after breaking away from the Merchant lineage. She still has the obsession with money since it's forever burned into her genes. Same goes for Morgan, who's middle name is Anna for tradition's sake.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
...I swear, I do not know why I envisioned :4robinm: as autistic like Ray from Rain Man. It just seems...fitting I suppose. ESpecially during the medieval times when one can be ostracized so easily and assumed one was possessed by stone demon (don't quote me on that, I'm a little rusty on my history).
Just the idea of :4robinm: of being the Mew2King of tactics seems way more awesome than someone who us naturally gifted at it.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
.... of her own pack after breaking away from the Merchant lineage. She still has the obsession with money since it's forever burned into her genes. Same goes for Morgan, who's middle name is Anna for tradition's sake.
Morgan's middle is Aether...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
:4robinf:'s name is spelled Robyn, with a Y, to distinguish her from:4robinm:with an I.
Oh, you're talking about Yobin.

I like that Subspace Emissary R.O.B. is now canon. I now consider R.O.B. to be, as well as adorable and out of touch with human emotions, incredibly wise and stoic, though forever bearing the memento of his deceased brethren with him. He knows all too well the somber agony of death and the sweet relief of brotherly love.

Peach, Zelda, Palutena, Rosalina and Samus have formed a Magical Girl cosplay group. Duck Hunt is their official magical companion mascot figure.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
New Headcanon:
:4robinf: married Chrom, making :4lucina: their daughter.

One day :4lucina: wanted a pet. She tried various options out.
:4pikachu: shocked her.
:4charizard: was too hot to handle.
:4yoshi: left eggs everywhere.
:4lucario: created too many Aura spheres.
:4jigglypuff: made them sleepy... again.
In the end, :4lucina: went with :4duckhunt: because it was a dog, and she thought it was cute.

Also: :4luigi: is trying to beat :4villager: in a staring contest.

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
And for something random...fighters and who they are scared to fight.
:4marth: actually has to respect Luma's power and :rosalina: attacks. He says it's his hardest match up ever and gives pointers to :4lucina:.
:4sonic: is nervous with fighting :4shulk:: cause of his visions. The reverse is true since Sonic can put pure pressure.
:4littlemac:: really hates to fight :4peach:. Between her strong aerials, turnip projectiles and her startling power, Mac is normally helpless against her.
:4samus: is terrified of :4jigglypuff:. Ridley laughed when Bowser and Ganon told him, but the two villain smashers understand why. Jiggs doesn't have the nickname "The Nightmare" for nothing.
Grima!!:4robinf: is surprised that :4charizard: didn't bowed down to her. The fire type is much too prideful and too loyal to his trainer to bow before another dragon.
:4darkpit: can't seem to hit :4diddy:. he's generally not fast enough to attack. As a result, Viridi wants Diddy (hey their names rhyme!) to be part of the Forces of Nature.

Actually since I am talking about :4diddy: he just got his license to fly an Arwing and :4falco: is like a big brother to him and helped him train and study and all that. As a result, Falco didn't practiced for Smash.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
:4marth: actually has to respect Luma's power and :rosalina: attacks. He says it's his hardest match up ever and gives pointers to :4lucina:.
:4sonic: is nervous with fighting :4shulk:: cause of his visions. The reverse is true since Sonic can put pure pressure.
:4littlemac:: really hates to fight :4peach:. Between her strong aerials, turnip projectiles and her startling power, Mac is normally helpless against her.
:4samus: is terrified of :4jigglypuff:. Ridley laughed when Bowser and Ganon told him, but the two villain smashers understand why. Jiggs doesn't have the nickname "The Nightmare" for nothing.
Grima!!:4robinf: is surprised that :4charizard: didn't bowed down to her. The fire type is much too prideful and too loyal to his trainer to bow before another dragon.
:4darkpit: can't seem to hit :4diddy:. he's generally not fast enough to attack. As a result, Viridi wants Diddy (hey their names rhyme!) to be part of the Forces of Nature.

Actually since I am talking about :4diddy: he just got his license to fly an Arwing and :4falco: is like a big brother to him and helped him train and study and all that. As a result, Falco didn't practiced for Smash.

I know you like to make up unique matchups and all that but Shulk is garbage against Sonic. I meant, it's lopsided more than Jigglypuff vs Bowser

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

:4diddy: has an Arwing? THIS DOES NOT EXPAND!!! :4dk::4dk::4dk:
Anyways... the Chrom for :4robinm: and the Chrom for Grima!:4robinf: have a weird friendship, mostly relating to the bull**** their Robin's put them through.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
New Headcanon:
:4robinf: married Chrom, making :4lucina: their daughter.

One day :4lucina: wanted a pet. She tried various options out.
:4pikachu: shocked her.
:4charizard: was too hot to handle.
:4yoshi: left eggs everywhere.
:4lucario: created too many Aura spheres.
:4jigglypuff: made them sleepy... again.
In the end, :4lucina: went with :4duckhunt: because it was a dog, and she thought it was cute.

Also: :4luigi: is trying to beat :4villager: in a staring contest.
Time for an expansion of this:
:4duckhunt: met a Duck and some Cowboys one day. :4lucina: let them stay. Soon, :4duckhunt: and :4lucina: went hunting. The result was unspectacular (:4lucina: missed every Duck, :4duckhunt: laughed at her).

:4rob: and :4alph: joined in on the staring contest.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Time for an expansion of this:
:4duckhunt: met a Duck and some Cowboys one day. :4lucina: let them stay. Soon, :4duckhunt: and :4lucina: went hunting. The result was unspectacular (:4lucina: missed every Duck, :4duckhunt: laughed at her).

:4rob: and :4alph: joined in on the staring contest.
She then got angry at :4duckhunt:, and gave him to Morgan. Morgan loves cute things.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well, my Morgan's middle name is Aether. Mostly because that's what she always does.
Wait, so she was born with the ability Aether and then named accordingly? Or is it like Morgan Anna "Aether" *whatever the last name is*?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Wait, so she was born with the ability Aether and then named accordingly? Or is it like Morgan Anna "Aether" *whatever the last name is*?
She was born with the ability, someone came up with the nickname, and now you have Morgan 'Aether' Lowell.

Top Bottom