• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what? Gory headcanons?
...The violent stuff from earlier. I'm just wondering if, if possible, that person can be banned instead. I'm not naming any names.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I've been thinking about ideas about how a SSE-esque adventure mode for Sm4sh would turn out, but so far I don't have anything beyond a few vague plot points. So I'll post that later once I have something that's concrete.

But for fun:

- Potential newcomers sit in a waiting room until they are called up. Spots are limited, so most of them are uneasy, especially as more and more spots get taken.
- :4myfriends: does steroids behind the scenes. He has yet to be busted, for he hides his stash in a secret place. Chris Redfield is his dealer.
- :4falcon: jokes about :4lucina: being a female version of :4marth: and vice versa.
- :4sonic: used to gloat about being the fastest character to grace Smash Brothers...until he challenged :4palutena: to a marathon.

- Master Hand and Crazy Hand do not exist. They are holograms created by Sakurai in a manner similar to Wizard of Oz. How they are able to inflict physical damage on the fighters is something only Sakurai knows about.

- Hades and Groose do color commentary for the matches.
- :4ganondorf: owns his own bakery.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Heeey, how bout we just forget about it? If it was something worthy of a mod stepping in, we should probably drop it altogether, yes?

Getting back on track:
- Greninja and Sheik are ninja buddies who train together and go on secret missions for snacks out of Kirby's kitchen. They've bonded greatly, to a point where Greninja almost wishes to have Sheik as his Pokémon Trainer.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Kirby sometimes paints pictures of the Smashers or just his surroundings, which he learned how to do from Adeleine.

King Dedede loves junk food and doesn't like working out. He's generally pretty lazy.

Sometimes Ness, Villager and Toon Link go out treasure hunting and bring the dog and duck along to help them find treasure. (It's really just looking around in the backyard.)

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Guys the situation is over and dealt with. Please don't bring up and drag out stuff that is already finished. I've already made my final warning about inappropriate content, so it shouldn't be an issue anymore. If you do have an issue with anything, please PM me or another moderator, and we will assess the situation as we see fit.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
:4tlink: and :4ness: are actually good friends with :4bowserjr:, and the two play together quite often. This has drawn ire from :4bowser: and the other Koopalings when they found out, though this hasn't stopped them from hanging out. :4bowserjr::4ness::4tlink: have formed their own club where they train to one day defeat Master Hand together.

:4robinm: has strategies to systematically eliminate any Smasher if he or she were to turn rogue.

:4greninja: and :4sheik: often train together in the art of stealth. Some of the others mistakenly believe that Sheik is Greninja's trainer.

:4shulk: forsees the imminent threat of the Master Hand and Crazy Hand's transformation Master Core and collaborates with :4robinm: :4mario::4link::4samus::4myfriends: and :4palutena: to shape the other heroes to face the imminent threat.

:4falcon: often races against :4sonic:. So far, they have tied every time.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4duckhunt: and :4fox: are actually related. :4fox: is :4duckhunt:'s fourth cousin thrice removed.

DuwangAnon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0516-7668-7793
For some reason, everyone is in love with Shulk. Palutena, Zelda, Robin (both of them), Hades, even the Monado itself--they all lust after the blonde engineer.

For some UNKNOWN reason.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
For some reason, everyone is in love with Shulk. Palutena, Zelda, Robin (both of them), Hades, even the Monado itself--they all lust after the blonde engineer.

For some UNKNOWN reason.
Yandere harem. Do not want. Have fun Shulk. At least you can have a Vision of you getting decapitated by Zelda after she guts Pac-Man like a lamb. :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • :4mii::4miisword: and :4miif::4miigun: are married on the Tomodachi Life island. They've lost track of how many kids they have.
  • :4wiremac:is not one of the fighters. He's an automatic training dummy.
  • :4olimar: and :4alph: have fights over whose Pikmin are who's.
  • :4jigglypuff: was going to be cut in Brawl, but :4kirby: smuggled her in his mouth, and Master Hand decided it wasn't worth bothering with it.
  • :4lucina: has an obsessive and borderline creepy fan admiration for :4marth:.
  • :4darkpit: broke one of Pandora's trophies to get his power of flight back.
  • :wolf: is in jail, :lucas: grew up, :snake: is busy with [REDACTED], and :popo: are having a personal argument right now.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
:4robinm: has strategies to systematically eliminate any Smasher if he or she were to turn rogue.
This is nothing like Robin's character from Awakening. He is not Batman.
In fact, the very thought would turn him all misty-eyed and angry, since he would view it as a betrayal of the trust that forms the strength of their bonds.
The others are innocuous enough, I can buy them save for perhaps the Master Core one, which seems more like an arbitrage of who are to be the 'main' heroes, and the detail of the three kiddos training to defeat Master Hand. That being said, Bowser Jr.'s friendship with the other kids is dubious, yet plausible.
  • :4olimar: and :4alph: have fights over whose Pikmin are who's.
  • :4lucina: has an obsessive and borderline creepy fan admiration for :4marth:.
  • :wolf: is in jail, :lucas: grew up, :snake: is busy with [REDACTED], and :popo: are having a personal argument right now.
These ones make no sense. They are not in line with the general character of the Smash universe, nor the general nature of the characters. Unless Alph and Olimar suddenly lost the ability to differentiate between their and their teammates Pikmin that we've had form Pikmin 2 onward.
Lucina is not the sort to become obsessive. Feel massive pressure from, sure, but her goals lie not in emulating the hero-king, as we see from her conversations with Tiki, her concern is with her self-imposed duties, being a good friend and changing the future.
Of the four veteran no-show explanations, the IC and Lucas ones make the least sense, since age and aging is consistently shown as inconsequential in the Smash world, and the Ice Climbers are always depicted as lovey-dovey and in cohesion. Never is there a time in their character that they would ever be unwelcoming to the other.
The Snake one makes the most sense, and by extension we are implying that extrinsic factors from their own universes can call certain characters back to perform their role. Wolf, likewise, could be jailed, though for what reason is dubious, given the nature of the StarFox universe is more likely 'kill the enemy' and 'space brigand' and decentralization.

However, all your others ones are delightful, plausible, and flavorful.

For some UNKNOWN reason.
bruh pls
. . .

It's difficult to try and divine the intention of the poster in regards to silly headcanons and serious ones. Silly ones obviously don't care about consistency or the original characters, and serious ones must be corrected to be brought in line internally to the person as well as externally as a plausible set of circumstances or experiences.

Last edited:

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
In fact, the very thought would turn him all misty-eyed and angry, since he would view it as a betrayal of the trust that forms the strength of their bonds.
The others are innocuous enough, I can buy them save for perhaps the Master Core one, which seems more like an arbitrage of who are to be the 'main' heroes, and the detail of the three kiddos training to defeat Master Hand. That being said, Bowser Jr.'s friendship with the other kids is dubious, yet plausible.
They're just headcanons... No one said you had to accept them. The fact that you took the time to analyze silly things like a headcanon is quite funny to me.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
They're just headcanons... No one said you had to accept them. The fact that you took the time to analyze silly things like a headcanon is quite funny to me.
bruh pls
. . .

It's difficult to try and divine the intention of the poster in regards to silly headcanons and serious ones. Silly ones obviously don't care about consistency or the original characters, and serious ones must be corrected to be brought in line internally to the person as well as externally as a plausible set of circumstances or experiences.
Y u no read my whole post?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

These ones make no sense. They are not in line with the general character of the Smash universe, nor the general nature of the characters. Unless Alph and Olimar suddenly lost the ability to differentiate between their and their teammates Pikmin that we've had form Pikmin 2 onward.
Lucina is not the sort to become obsessive. Feel massive pressure from, sure, but her goals lie not in emulating the hero-king, as we see from her conversations with Tiki, her concern is with her self-imposed duties, being a good friend and changing the future.
Of the four veteran no-show explanations, the IC and Lucas ones make the least sense, since age and aging is consistently shown as inconsequential in the Smash world, and the Ice Climbers are always depicted as lovey-dovey and in cohesion. Never is there a time in their character that they would ever be unwelcoming to the other.
The Snake one makes the most sense, and by extension we are implying that extrinsic factors from their own universes can call certain characters back to perform their role. Wolf, likewise, could be jailed, though for what reason is dubious, given the nature of the StarFox universe is more likely 'kill the enemy' and 'space brigand' and decentralization.

bruh pls
. . .

The Olimar/Alph one was just meant to be funny, though I definitely see where you're going with it.

The Lucina one was an admittedly cheap take that at her complete clone status.

The Lucas one is going from his 3DS trophy description:
"Lucas used to be weak-willed, and cry all the time. However, he overcame unimaginable hardships, and must surely be out adventuring somewhere right now. Or perhaps, he's found a partner and made a family of his own... No, no, that feels too soon. To fans of the MOTHER series, both Lucas and Ness might be young boys for all eternity."

And as for the Ice Climbers, everyone has fights sometimes, and the closest relationships tend to have the ugliest ones. They were clearly going to be in at first, but something happened halfway through the registration process.

And on an entirely unrelated note, here's a couple new ones I forgot to post;
  • :mewtwopm: left of his own accord. He had to hold back his power so much to avoid killing some of the other combatants (which is, for obvious reasons, against the rules) that he was rendered completely incompetent, and he found that he couldn't satiate his ruthless combat instincts at all under those conditions.
  • A :4gaw:'s color indicates the environment that it was born in. Red ones lived in a Virtual Boy, green ones lived in a Game Boy, blue ones lived in a DOS environment, etc.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Smash-series is difficult to make sensible headcanons to. I really wish we had more canon interaction with the characters outside of fighting to amend that.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I really wish we had more canon interaction with the characters outside of fighting to amend that.
I would. . . Pay lots of money for this.
Like, the only meaningful interaction in SSE was the Lucas/PKMN Trainer arc.
More of that would be delicious.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I would. . . Pay lots of money for this.
Like, the only meaningful interaction in SSE was the Lucas/PKMN Trainer arc.
More of that would be delicious.
Indeed. I think Smash's biggest shortcoming is it not really "bringing series together" aside from testing who's best of them all. At the end, it's merely a celebration fighting/action party game. Hence also why it's so easy to create so many crazy-weird headcanons, pairings and memes to fill the games' "setting".

While Subspace Emissary tried to go for interaction between, a lot concepts fell flat - still, it had it's moments. I wish we didn't get Sakurai throwing the concept out of the window because lolinternet

Due this most of the time when doing headcanons to Smash I always look at them from the persepctive of how characters truly act like in the series, and try to tie them into the known canon things from the original series (like Brawl's Lucario = Archie's, SSB4's Lucario = Korrina's).

But man, it's such a shame. I remember the good ol' days of discussing the new story mode with Uprising-style banters and expecting that stuff to appear in the game (like, imagine Mario cracking jokes or throwing lines that would have made him even more likeable than now. In general, Kid Icarus Uprising: Smash Edition).

Man, what all I'd do for to see something like that...

Last edited:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Smash-series is difficult to make sensible headcanons to. I really wish we had more canon interaction with the characters outside of fighting to amend that.
That's the biggest reason I want to see a proper story mode in future Smash Games. The biggest draw to cross over games, in my opinion, is the character interaction. A proper story mode which really puts character interaction in the spotlight is exactly what Smash needs.

Or heck, why not take a page from the Tales of series and have characters interact more on the victory screen? They've already done it to an extent in Brawl with a bit of dialogue between Fox and Falco, so why not expand on that? Or we could even have entire conversations for winning teams in a team battle. Just off the top of my head, Shulk and Robin could have something along the lines of.

:4robinm:You were up against a master tactician
:4shulk:and a man who can see the future.
:4robinm::4shulk:You never stood a chance!

OR we could have some scenes of :4palutena: teasing :4pit: (or just :4palutena: being a troll to everyone in general), or have :4pit: and :4darkpit: do a variant of their "Pre-Boss-Battle Rallying Cry." They could have something with :4mario: and :4littlemac: referencing Mario's position as the referee in Punch Out. Have some jokes between :4roy: and any of the Fire Emblem characters. Have :4wiifit: attempting to coach :4bowser:,:4wario2:, or :4dedede:. Really, there's just so much they cold do to add onto the character development in Smash without even needing a full story mode.

Edit: For anyone who hasn't played a Tales of game, here's a video that should make what I'm talking about pretty clear.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
This.... this thread is fun.

Wow..this all escalated quickly. (Especially the violent ones, gods)

....anyway.
Dark Pit and Pit are roommates. Dark Pit often takes Pit's stuff without permission.

Shulk likes to fix mechanical stuff like computers and the transmission on vehicles.

Captain Falcon writes computer programs in his spare time.

Dr. Mario is a cross between Adrian Monk and Gregory House. (I miss those shows OTL)
Now I'm imagining Dr. Mario acting like Dr. Cox from Scrubs... and even having John C McGinley's voice :p

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
My short headcanon on Pac-Man. :4pacman:

The reason Pac-Man can go from arcade to normal form is because he has dissociative identity disorder.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My short headcanon on Pac-Man. :4pacman:

The reason Pac-Man can go from arcade to normal form is because he has dissociative identity disorder.
That's disturbing. So, how do you explain Samus & Zero Suit Samus - I guess, SA-X could work as an explanation -, Mario & Dr. Mario, and Zelda & Sheik being on the same battlefield?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
That's disturbing. So, how do you explain Samus & Zero Suit Samus - I guess, SA-X could work as an explanation -, Mario & Dr. Mario, and Zelda & Sheik being on the same battlefield?
- I may have said this in the past, but Dr. Mario is the biggest villain of all. He hails from an alternate dimension where Mario became a mad scientist instead of a friendly plumber, and he's here to take experiment test subjects back to his home world. His pills are experimental drugs, and his cape is loaded with chloroform. Yeah. Creepy.
My headcanon.

AS for Zelda and Sheik, my headcanon is that Sheik comes from OoT and changer her outfit to blend in with the other Zelda characters. Zelda comes from TP.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Villager goes on Captain Toad-scale adventures on the stages whenever fights aren't going on.

Wii Fit Trainer has a "Zen Zone" (No alliteration intended.) where she goes to be enlightened and meditate. No one knows where it is.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Smash has a Justice League. The main seven line up is Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
My headcanon.

AS for Zelda and Sheik, my headcanon is that Shiek comes from OoT and changer her outfit to blend in with the other Zelda characters. Zelda comes from TP.
How about if Sheik is Zelda's dark side - the more masculine side of Zelda? Or perhaps someone entirely unrelated to Zelda and just has the title of Sheik like how the Dread Pirate Roberts is just a title in the Princess Bride? Or perhaps Sheik is... A RANDOM BREAK-DANCING NINJA?!
Smash has a Justice League. The main seven line up is Mario, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox, Captain Falcon
So... Mario would be Superman, the leader; Link would be Aquaman or Green Lantern, the headstrong, moral fellow; Samus is obviously Wonder Woman, Fox is either the Martian Manhunter or Hawkgirl, the intelligence, rational, or aerial fighter; Captain Falcon is obviously Flash, the glue that holds them all together; and Luigi is definitely Batman. Definitely. I'm very sure of it. Positively sure.
A fool by day; a masked crusader by night.

Edit: Forgot about Donkey Kong. He'd be ... Captain Marvel or Doctor Light. I don't know, someone who has extreme hidden depths or a happy-go-lucky hero with strong morals.

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
How about if Sheik is Zelda's dark side - the more masculine side of Zelda? Or perhaps someone entirely unrelated to Zelda and just has the title of Sheik like how the Dread Pirate Roberts is just a title in the Princess Bride? Or perhaps Sheik is... A RANDOM BREAK-DANCING NINJA?!

So... Mario would be Superman, the leader; Link would be Aquaman or Green Lantern, the headstrong, moral fellow; Samus is obviously Wonder Woman, Fox is either the Martian Manhunter or Hawkgirl, the intelligence, rational, or aerial fighter; Captain Falcon is obviously Flash, the glue that holds them all together; and Luigi is definitely Batman. Definitely. I'm very sure of it. Positively sure.
The only one I really thought through was Mario as Superman :p

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
The only one I really thought through was Mario as Superman :p
Yeah, it makes sense since he's the face of Nintendo, everyone else you kind of had to play around with except for Samus who would either be Hawkgirl or Wonder Woman, warriors gifted with powers and technology from an ancient or forgotten civilization. Maybe Link too since Green Lantern's Ring is all about willpower and you can associate that with courage along with Green Lanterns being well, green or Aquaman as a hero from another world. Green Arrow would work too, but the issue is that Green Arrow isn't a founding member and I wanted Link to be part of the founding. Also, Green Arrow is much more talkative so, Pit or Falco would make more sense for him.

I also went off from the Justice League Animated series from 2001-06 series where Flash was more comical and considering speed and goofiness, Captain Falcon fits the bill.

That just leaves Fox, Donkey Kong, and Luigi.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Then what is? The Falcon Clap? The Falcon Touch? The Falcon Lunge? The Falcon Shot? The Falcon Dip? The Falcon Reach? The Falcon Hand? The Doctor Falcon? The Falcon Breach? The Falcon Pain? The Falcon Peck? The Falcon Stab? The Falcon-Maker? The Falcon RIP? The Falcon RYNO? The Falcon Launch? The One Thousand Years of Falcon? The Falcon Search? The Falconator?

Zol

Smash Apprentice
Then what is? The Falcon Clap? The Falcon Touch? The Falcon Lunge? The Falcon Shot? The Falcon Dip? The Falcon Reach? The Falcon Hand? The Doctor Falcon? The Falcon Breach? The Falcon Pain? The Falcon Peck? The Falcon Stab? The Falcon-Maker? The Falcon RIP? The Falcon RYNO? The Falcon Launch? The One Thousand Years of Falcon? The Falcon Search? The Falconator?
His personal favorite would be "Cave Destroyer"

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
:4shulk: is best pals with :4robinf::4robinm:, and they encourage him when he's not really feeling it.
:4ness: didn't even notice :lucas: left.
:4fox::4falco: also didn't notice :wolf: left at first. When they did, they were surprisingly disappointed.
:4lucina: looks up to :4marth: but feels like he won't like her on account of her not knowing Japanese.
:4wario:and:4wario2: are actually separate entities. :4wario2:is the concentrated evil half of :4wario: who was extracted from his soul in an experiment by :4ganondorf:. :4wario:is a fun loving, good-natured Wario.
:4wario2:leads robberies accompanied by:4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:in the middle of the night.
:4darkpit:spends his time alone because he's too cool for school. And also because no one likes him.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157

bruh pls
. . .

It's difficult to try and divide between silly headcanons and serious ones. Silly ones obviously don't care about consistency or the original characters, and serious ones must be corrected to be brought in line internally to the person as well as externally as a plausible set of circumstances or experiences.

Edit: Forgot about Donkey Kong. He'd be ... Captain Marvel or Doctor Light. I don't know, someone who has extreme hidden depths or a happy-go-lucky hero with strong morals.
Nintendo Injustice time!#!

Top Bottom