• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Actually, I am.

I counted from the list on the OP.
Oh, I just looked at it. I was missing Nutski, Orne (has it been confirmed for Smash Run? I thought it was on the Reset Bomb Forest stage), and Auroros. If anyone could show me where Nutskis, Ornes, and Auroros show up in videos, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, you're missing Skuttler Mage (it showed up when Sakurai was playing Smash Run), and Bubbles from LoZ.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Oh, I just looked at it. I was missing Nutski, Orne (has it been confirmed for Smash Run? I thought it was on the Reset Bomb Forest stage), and Auroros. If anyone could show me where Nutskis, Ornes, and Auroros show up in videos, I'd greatly appreciate it.

BTW, you're missing Skuttler Mage (it showed up when Sakurai was playing Smash Run), and Bubbles from LoZ.
Well, now that makes 74.

How do the Bubbles look like? Ocarina of Time?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I notice that Tingle is on the list. Has there been Images?
I'm concerned, since I support Tingle.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I notice that Tingle is on the list. Has there been Images?
I'm concerned, since I support Tingle.
People have cited him as an Assist Trophy. Bar a very rare Alfonzo/Toon Link situation, I'd say he's all but disconfirmed. Also, that situation was stage-specific elements, not items.

That said, yes, he's an Assist Trophy unless they somehow change it by the end of the game(which I wouldn't even bother hoping for).

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Has there been any footage of Chunky Kong as an Assist Trophy yet? I've seen Magnus, but not Chunky.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
People have cited him as an Assist Trophy. Bar a very rare Alfonzo/Toon Link situation, I'd say he's all but disconfirmed. Also, that situation was stage-specific elements, not items.

That said, yes, he's an Assist Trophy unless they somehow change it by the end of the game(which I wouldn't even bother hoping for).
*sigh* Dang. Going to the Tingle Thread, hate to be the bearer of bad news.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd wait for a video of it. People said it happened during gameplay, but it's real. I'm sad too, but them's the breaks.
There is already a video in the tingle thread. I'm not the first to find out. It is unmistakable, go check it out.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The OP has reached the milestone of 100 likes! Glad to see this is being a reliable source of information.

Thanks for your help and support, everyone!

Last edited:

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
Not sure if these have been mentioned yet, but the results screen music appears to be the character select from the original Smash, and Mac's victory theme is the victory them from the NES Punch-Out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There's some rumors that Mega Lucario was somehow stated to be the Final Smash. Can anybody cite this? I assume that's not the case since the topic is clearly being updated often enough and it's not on there, though. Actual cold hard proof. I got another wiki to update in that case.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
There's some rumors that Mega Lucario was somehow stated to be the Final Smash. Can anybody cite this? I assume that's not the case since the topic is clearly being updated often enough and it's not on there, though. Actual cold hard proof. I got another wiki to update in that case.
Sakurai confirmed Mega Lucario to be the Final Smash in the Greninja announcement Direct if I remember correctly.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Lucario hasn't been playable at E3, so there's no way to know new info from streams and such.

Mega Lucario has only been teased so far. Considering Mega Charizard X is Charizard's FS, it's a valid assumption, but I'm not adding it to the list unless Sakurai or gameplay footage explicitly confirms so.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
The OP has reached the milestone of 100 likes! Glad to see this is being a reliable source of information.

Thanks for your help and support, everyone!
Welp, time to go unlike it. :troll:
Just kidding

Lucario hasn't been playable at E3, so there's no way to know new info from streams and such.

Mega Lucario has only been teased so far. Considering Mega Charizard X is Charizard's FS, it's a valid assumption, but I'm not adding it to the list unless Sakurai or gameplay footage explicitly confirms so.
I actually think Mega Lucario isn't a final smash. In the Charizard trailer, when it shows Mega Charizard, the screen is black, but in the direct when the show Mega Lucario, the screen isn't dark.

Last edited:

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Isn't it safe to assume that Mega Lucario should be the new FS for him?

(With Mega Charizard X being his new FS)
EDITTED NOTE: Didn't see Frostwraith's post my bad

Sakurai confirmed Mega Lucario to be the Final Smash in the Greninja announcement Direct if I remember correctly.
No he did not explicitly say it

unless we can all go Ridley analysis mode and say it isn't his FS because Sakurai didn't explicitly say so *coughcough*

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Isn't it safe to assume that Mega Lucario should be the new FS for him?
Not for the purposes of the Wiki.

No he did not explicitly say it
Then it doesn't get added.

No he didn't. He said it existed and nothing more. So we don't add it till it does.

Thank you. Has there been any twitch stuff that might've talked about it?

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Not for the purposes of the Wiki.

Thank you. Has there been any twitch stuff that might've talked about it?
lol which wiki the NIWA one (ssb) or the other one (supersmashbros)

Anws not much on twitch other than the fact that there might be a hyping announcement after stream (either directly after or 2 hours after)

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

Anws not much on twitch other than the fact that there might be a hyping announcement after stream (either directly after or 2 hours after)
Probably not. Doesn't make sense.

Did we get the Darkrai Poke Ball?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Doesn't matter which Wiki. Any that has official SSB information. As it hasn't been officially proved it's his final smash(I consider it inevitable), we'll just have to wait to add it. Just like the Poltergust 5000, we have implications and nothing more.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter which Wiki. Any that has official SSB information. As it hasn't been officially proved it's his final smash(I consider it inevitable), we'll just have to wait to add it. Just like the Poltergust 5000, we have implications and nothing more.
nah poltergust was confirmed on stream

Zwzchow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zwzchow8
3DS FC
1805-3193-2658
Probably not. Doesn't make sense.

Did we get the Darkrai Poke Ball?
it was shown before in the Direct I think.
And he appeared in Greninja's trailer, Sakurai said that any Pokemon in the trailer will appear in the game

We can also confirm every Pokemon in the Greninja video thanks to Sakurai's post
(Refer to GameXplain's video for the full list)

10:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzSeICAwZA&list=PL1A601C3321121486#t=609

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
nah poltergust was confirmed on stream
That was recent. I even reported it here. I'm talking about when both were first shown off, they were not confirmed as a Final Smash. Implied, respectively, though. Apologies for being vague about that.

SwagzillaForilla

Smash Apprentice
So there still hasn't been any confirmation on the Chunky Kong assist trophy?

I'm very skeptical at this point. I've seen every other assist trophy in the demo.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp, time to go unlike it. :troll:
Just kidding

I actually think Mega Lucario isn't a final smash. In the Charizard trailer, when it shows Mega Charizard, the screen is black, but in the direct when the show Mega Lucario, the screen isn't dark.
Looks like someone did not bother looking at little macs and bowser final smash's from demo gameplay, giga bowser nor giga mac made the screens go dark either.

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
Just went back to the clip, and he didn't "explicitly say it", but "implied" is very much an understatement. Also, since Mega Charizard was confirmed to be an FS, I can't imagine Lucario's case would be different.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Just went back to the clip, and he didn't "explicitly say it", but "implied" is very much an understatement. Also, since Mega Charizard was confirmed to be an FS, I can't imagine Lucario's case would be different.
Let me put it this way; We don't care what is implied.

We care about the facts for this topic. Look, even if it is inevitable(and trust me, I believe it's his Final Smash, but believing isn't confirming it, the only part that is relevant to this topic), we need cold hard facts first. Implications don't count. Hints don't count. Confirmations by gameplay or Sakurai outright stating it does. That's why it's not on here or SmashWiki, because we can only say "it's hinted at" till it's shown off specifically. By him transforming while getting a Smash Ball(we've seen that the screen doesn't darken during every Final Smash either, notably. That could be a glitch, though). Or by Sakurai actually saying "This is Lucario's Final Smash, Mega Lucario" in some way. Directly.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
I heard an arrangement of SSB64 character select screen theme used as the new multiplayer victory theme.

Edit: Nevermind, it's aleady added on the list.
Also, Kirby got new voice clips.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

I found those two previously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KHwmD92GmI -Orne 4:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwzkBBQEHGQ -Nutski 1:33

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
So there still hasn't been any confirmation on the Chunky Kong assist trophy?

I'm very skeptical at this point. I've seen every other assist trophy in the demo.
He's not been photographed or filmed yet, but two people have independently described him appearing and performing the exact same attack. That's pretty compelling evidence IMO.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He's not been photographed or filmed yet, but two people have independently described him appearing and performing the exact same attack. That's pretty compelling evidence IMO.
Same. We have more than one anecdote. I would love to see this actually confirmed with direct evidence, and if it becomes incorrect, it's not like we can't remove it from the page, you know?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, after googling the guy, it was definitely Chunky. He did an elbow drop and then bananas that made people flinch started falling, and when it ended he disappeared. It was pretty weird, even for an AT. I guess he must be a popular DK character though because people were all excited when he showed up and someone starting singing that one DK song.

Kind of disappointed that that's what everyone is paying attention to in my post but eh. I got to play as best starter Greninja in Smash Bros., and I'm gonna do it again Saturday, so I'm happy regardless.
Sorry, we're not trying to put down your massive list of reveals, its VERY appreciated. We're just trying to clarify Chunky because we have no visual evidence, only one person to go off of, and its a very big deal for DK fans who are bummed out by a lack of DK content in Smash Bros. Chunky Kong is a pretty important character in one game, but he's never made an appearance since DK64, so it kinda helps the prospects of seeing our favorite croc King K. Rool in Smash Bros. Plus its great seeing a character who hasn't shown up in forever appearing again.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Well not a neccessary confirm but

The kos are the same the star is still there but as for screen ko,

They are like this now

Then they peel off then fall, kirbys is the most obvious.

Top Bottom