• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well not a neccessary confirm but

The kos are the same the star is still there but as for screen ko,

They are like this now

Then they peel off then fall, kirbys is the most obvious.
Thanks for clarifying the star KO again, I don't know if we have official confirmation on the star KO (others have mentioned it, but additional people confirming these kinds of details is helpful), but we do already know about the screen KO.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Thanks for clarifying the star KO again, I don't know if we have official confirmation on the star KO (others have mentioned it, but additional people confirming these kinds of details is helpful), but we do already know about the screen KO.
A star K.O. happened in the last Smash Wii U stream at 3:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XZF3Oz6IUA

Also interesting to note Bowser got hit with Mac's K.O. Uppercut in this video at 0%. He took 36% and got launched but didn't even go off screen. Sounds the K.O. Punch power level seems to be more similar to level 9 Judgement from Brawl as opposed to one from Melee or a fully charged Flare Blade.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I figured i just wanted to clarify it for other people.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I've heard there could be different builds of the game that were tested during the Best Buy Smashfests. So, some builds may have Star KOs and others may not.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I've heard there could be different builds of the game that were tested during the Best Buy Smashfests. So, some builds may have Star KOs and others may not.
I kinda doubt some builds have Star KOs, if anything the Star KOs just happen less likely because hitting the screen is funnier.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Gameplay change:
-High roofs and a good amount of vertical Smash DI, so upward attacks KO at higher percentages than they would in nearly all Melee and Brawl stages.
-Average to small-ish walls and minimal horizontal Smash DI (the least in the series), so sideways attacks KO at lower percentages than they would in nearly all Melee and Brawl stages.
-Teching returns, including ground, wall, and roof teching, which debuted in 64, Melee, and Brawl respectively.
-You have "Tripping has been removed" in the OP. It should read "Random tripping has been removed".

The Mii Fighters have shirts, hats, and pants, and maybe more items that you can customize, along with obviously the Mii's physical appearance itself. (someone double check the direct for me please!)

I would add to Bowser's description that instead of like skidding (essentially) on the ground Bowser runs, and he runs a heck of a lot faster than he skidded on the ground.

For Toon Link, I know the following:
-His Final Smash is the same. (I didn't get it, so I don't know how it functions)
-His victory music (at least in Smash 3DS) is THE EXACT SAME ONE THAT WAS IN BRAWL!!!
-Toon Link's design is obviously basically ported from The Wind Waker HD, and his hair color is no longer brunette like it was in Brawl.
-Toon Link has either entirely or almost entirely the same voice clips from Brawl, and clearly the same voice actor.

Note: all the rest of my info is from myself personally via Smash 3DS, so it might be different than Smash WiiU.

-Toon Link is faster (like as if the engine was the same as Brawl, he'd still run quite a bit faster).
-Not 100% sure about weight, but Toon Link feels like he was made lighter.
-Toon Link has a lot more combo ability, and his ground game is substantially better.
-Toon Link's up B goes slightly lower than it did in Brawl.
-All of his attacks are the same as in Brawl. Nothing was changed.
-Forward Smash and Forward Air are VERY GOOD kill moves. I killed my brothers' Marth in the 90's with both moves.
-Down smash doesn't have the "Whip around" double hit like (I think) it had in Brawl. (double check the whip around thing for me people please!)
-His forward air comes out quicker than in Brawl, although it is mostly to fit the game speed changes perhaps.
-Toon Link's up tilt can combo into itself when the foe is above you. It can also lead to various chases or combos (not sure yet obviously due to the demo status) with the forward air, neutral air, back air, up air, and up B. To give an example, I hit my brother thrice 3 times unanswered with it when he approached from above, each time into another move (first up air to experiment, back air for damage, and forward air to KO him). Don't up air, because the roof on stages are too high to kill early.
-His back air doesn't combo into itself like Brawl, but it does considerably more damage (roughly 12%) and it does more knockback.
-His neutral air and up air are essentially the same.
-His down air comes out faster and has slightly less landing lag.
-I'm pretty sure of this but not 100% sure, but I think Toon Link's down air spikes at the beginning like Link's. I'm going to double check this on Saturday hopefully, and I hope other people try to test it.

As a note, I need to test his projectiles, z-Air, grab game, and that down air spike debacle more.

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Yoshi has a new up smash involving a tail flip.
Yoshi has a kick for his dash attack now.
Yoshi can now jump out of his shield.
Samus's new neutral air is a kick that starts from the from the front and ends behind her.

Smash Run:
Daphne (Kid Icarus Uprising) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS6nbJsfAmk

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Yoshi has a new up smash involving a tail flip.
Yoshi has a kick for his dash attack now.
Yoshi can now jump out of his shield.
Samus's new neutral air is a kick that starts from the from the front and ends behind her.

Smash Run:
Daphne (Kid Icarus Uprising) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS6nbJsfAmk

Yoshi's up-smash is a kick, like Fox. It seems to have the same hitbox as before though.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Taunts of all the playable newcomers. Three taunts per character is confirmed too.

splat

Smash Lord

At 1:25, Greninja appears to be doing a Wall Cling.
And again at 2:17.

Also, at 2:07, he picks up a Red Shell. Would it be a Smash Run-only item, or will it return to normal matches, too? Such a shame we don't see how it functions, really.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not thinking of adding character stuff other than significant changes to veterans.

I think such details would be better suited for the character boards.

If you disagree, post here. Feedback is always welcome and I'm always open to suggestions.

splat

Smash Lord
I figured it could be in the "returning mechanics" section, where you put footstool jumping as well.
It's not that significant, really, but it may be useful for some people to know it's back.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I figured it could be in the "returning mechanics" section, where you put footstool jumping as well.
It's not that significant, really, but it may be useful for some people to know it's back.
Ah, you're referring to the mechanic overall.

Well, I added that to the returning mechanics and will start listing what characters can do them.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GUYS! Break in the case!

At 16:05 watch the Blue Pikmin.

Pikmin carry items to Olimar now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I will need help with completing the coverage on Rosalina, as I'm still lacking some contents that are important to cover. The quote below will give you an idea on what I'm still missing.

As a heads up for everyone, we are heading down to the wire with this year's E3, and there are still some things with Rosalina that have not been fully covered. If you're planning on attending tomorrow's Smash-Fest, you may want to keep an eye out for the following...

Forward Tilt: An image of this move would be highly appreciated, along with its damage output.

Up Tilt: No one has brought up this attack, nor its damage output yet.

Neutral Aerial: How much damage does this attack deal? Does the attack deal one hit or multiple hits?

Down Aerial: Only the sour spot has been covered. Information about sweet spot damage is needed.

Star Bits: How much damage does each star bit deal?

Gravitational Pull: A list of items and projectiles that Gravitational Pull can affect would be nice.

Grab: An image of this move would be appreciated. Even an animated .gif image would be good.

Dash Grab: An image of this move would be appreciated. Even an animated .gif image would be good.

Forward Throw: Damage output for this move needed.

Up Throw: An image of this move is needed. Damage output needed too.

Down Throw: How much damage does this throw deal if Rosalina is normal sized?

Other Attacks: Coverage of Rosalina's edge attack and floor attacks are needed.

Kirby Hat: A better image of Kirby's Rosalina cap would be good.

Palette Swaps: In-game footage of Rosalina's pink palette swap is still needed. A mere portrait really isn't enough.

Unless you can find YouTube footage of all of the things mentioned above, it will be important to hunt them down tomorrow.
If you can contribute any of the things mentioned in the quote, please head to the following thread link and post them.

http://smashboards.com/threads/357266/

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Not sure if these two things have been brought up, but I may as well ask:

Has anyone attempted to see if L-canceling is made possible in this game, or did they keep it out like they did in Brawl?

Has the hitstun system improved? For example, can you still act out of hitstun within the first 13-25 frames, like in Brawl, or is it more like Melee's, resulting in actual potential for true combos in Smash 4?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There are also 2 more Kid Icarus enemies in Smash Run:
-Mahva (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwzkBBQEHGQ 2:33)
-Megonta (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJatbApPQa4 3:08 on the second screen)
Smash 3DS videos with Direct Audio! Cool!

Thanks for the info on more enemies too!

Oh, and I see you made your first post. Welcome to the forums!

GUYS! Break in the case!

At 16:05 watch the Blue Pikmin.

Pikmin carry items to Olimar now.
Neat allusion to one of the Pikmin's roles in the original games. Helpful as well on item matches.

bentendo222

Smash Apprentice
I looked on the first page of this thread, and the Island theme from New Leaf is supposed to go with Daytime Minigame not Kapp'n Song. Here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUsmYp0mC4. Also, did you ever see my post on page 31, where I mention Villager's victory theme and the song that plays on Rainbow Road?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Oh, that is neat. Makes no difference in a competitive sense, but can be useful in free-for-all!
Well, there are still a fair amount of character specific items such as Link's bombs, Megaman's metal blades, and Peach's turnips.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I looked on the first page of this thread, and the Island theme from New Leaf is supposed to go with Daytime Minigame not Kapp'n Song. Here is a video of it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPUsmYp0mC4. Also, did you ever see my post on page 31, where I mention Villager's victory theme and the song that plays on Rainbow Road?
My mistake. Already fixed it.

Also added the information on Rainbow Road and Villager's victory theme.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Footage from the Animal Crossing stage on the 3DS version officially confirms the swimming mechanic is gone.

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Gamespot got a few videos of matches that have been uploaded already I think, but with direct audio.

I swear I can hear Doc Louis saying something at 1:18. Something like "Gotta fight clean"

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Gamespot got a few videos of matches that have been uploaded already I think, but with direct audio.

I swear I can hear Doc Louis saying something at 1:18. Something like "Gotta fight clean"
I hear it too. Was it really Doc Louis?

Wombatz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Heroicwombat

Last edited:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
I don't know if anyone noticed, but most characters can jump. Except for the little white man, he can't jump...:troll:

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
At 1:40, you can barely hear Pac-Man's victory theme, which is the Level Start jingle from the original Pac-Man. Can't tell if it's remixed or not.

In the 3DS trailer, multiple modes are shown, but based on what on the screen, I think it's confirmed that Spectator Mode is back and keeps the betting mechanic. The bottom of the screen says "Finish spectating and return to the menu. (Any gold you've bet will be returned)" Also at the top of this screen we can see we're about to view a "For Glory / 1-on-1" match on Spirit Train, confirming Spirit Train having a Final Destination form and that there's a 1-on-1 mode you select when playing For Glory.

Also when showing off a "Tips" menu, it appears the "Footstool Jump" have been renamed to "Stepping Stone Jump."

Last edited:

Sladee

Smash Rookie
Not sure if these two things have been brought up, but I may as well ask:

Has anyone attempted to see if L-canceling is made possible in this game, or did they keep it out like they did in Brawl?

Has the hitstun system improved? For example, can you still act out of hitstun within the first 13-25 frames, like in Brawl, or is it more like Melee's, resulting in actual potential for true combos in Smash 4?
I have seen l canceling or some kind of canceling in a couple of videos, and people have said its possible to do combos but hit stun is not as prominent as it was in Melee. Dr. Pee Pee actually pulled off a Mario combo at the Invitational.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I have seen l canceling or some kind of canceling in a couple of videos, and people have said its possible to do combos but hit stun is not as prominent as it was in Melee. Dr. Pee Pee actually pulled off a Mario combo at the Invitational.
Thanks. I also wonder if dash dancing will be a viable thing, especially since tripping was removed.

Top Bottom