• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The one in the Villager reveal trailer and the direct is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1sa2Af2Z-U
Thanks for the information. I've updated the OP already.

Probably, I loved My Music. The Yoga song is so soothing, it will be weird fighting with it in the background (like some Brawl stages) but I'm starting to like it.
Yeah. Seeing that we've heard two Mega Man songs and several songs from Animal Crossing and Wii Fit, I begin to think this game will follow Brawl's footsteps regarding the soundtrack, having the My Music feature and a massive soundtrack.

[Corn]

Smash Ace

B0NK

Smash Lord
Okay, that's actually a possibility when looking at the Wii Fit Trainer's trailer. Thanks.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
has anyone confirmed brawl ledge grabs?
(distance and/or while back-turned)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
has anyone confirmed brawl ledge grabs?
(distance and/or while back-turned)
Well, I've seen the Mario vs. Mega Man match from E3 and I can't confirm much. The distance needed to grab a ledge does seem to be smaller than Brawl: the ledges aren't "magnetic" like Brawl's.

You might want to check this video: http://youtu.be/Iktxi6tPBPw [EDIT: Added to the OP.]

`dazrin

Smash Champion
the footage we've been shown thus far from what i've seen is very inconsistent regarding brawl ledge snapping. In some footage, you can see miss.fit snapping to the ledge, but in other footage, mario capes right next to the ledge and falls to his doom anyways. In the megaman vs mario footage, it's hard to tell, but megaman grabs the ledge from quite a distance when he attempts to recover from far below.

Too early to tell in regards to brawl ledgegrabbing, and nothing has been confirmed either way anyways.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yea it could change. :o

The Wii-U battlefield is interesting... reminds me of something from Star Wars lol. :p

Just gonna point out but from the gameplay video of Villager destroying DK with the Bowling ball (I think it could be a downB but i'm unsure), I THINK he has to be on a surface for that to work and not just in air. Otherwise wouldn't he have simply jumped and used the bowling ball mid-air when showcasing?

Anyway, thanks for the info Frosty, you're a champ. :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yea it could change. :o

The Wii-U battlefield is interesting... reminds me of something from Star Wars lol. :p

Just gonna point out but from the gameplay video of Villager destroying DK with the Bowling ball (I think it could be a downB but i'm unsure), I THINK he has to be on a surface for that to work and not just in air. Otherwise wouldn't he have simply jumped and used the bowling ball mid-air when showcasing?

Anyway, thanks for the info Frosty, you're a champ. :D

It could be a Down Smash, in that case.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The OP has been updated with information about the Yellow Devil's appearance at the end of the first trailer.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
It could be a Down Smash, in that case.

I think the down smash is using the shovel. I think there was a video where Sakurai demonstrating the game on a direct that showed Villager charging up a bit to use the move.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
2 things I may have noticed about some stages...

http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/wii_fit_trainer/screen-2.jpg
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/wii_fit_trainer/screen-4.jpg

Will the area shown in these pics be a stage based on Wii Fit?

Also, what stage is this?
http://www.smashbros.com/images/character/wii_fit_trainer/screen-7.jpg

Could it be a night time version of Skyloft?
That last one is Battlefield at night. And there is a Wii Fit based stage.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I don't know why, but I think that it could be a Pokemon stage based off the PWT.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know why, but I think that it could be a Pokemon stage based off the PWT.
Well, there are similarities, but that definitely looks like a boxing ring, rather than a Pokémon battle stadium. The lack of Pokémon motifs is further evidence on how that is not a Pokémon stage.

Considering Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 is a handheld title, a stage based on that game would appear on the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version, since Sakurai stated that stages based on handheld titles would be on the 3DS version, while the Wii U version would have stages from home console games. (I think there might be exceptions, though, so this argument may not be as valid.)

It's either an original stage or a Punch-Out!! stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
No problem, despite the hate it receives from "hardcore gamers", Nintendogs is a great game with a great soundtrack
Well, the great soundtrack is to be expected since the composer of Nintendogs (Hajime Wakai) also composed songs for Star Fox 64, F-Zero X, Zelda: Wind Waker, Zelda: Skyward Sword, arranged songs for Brawl, among other things.
Can't say anything about the game's quality, since I never played it. The game doesn't appeal to me, either, but I won't outright deny it may be a good game.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Boxing Ring

It's obviously Little Mac's stage. He will be confirmed soon - trust me.

I hope it's not a Mii Stage.

Wait a second here !!

No, it.. It couldn't.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Man ya'll are confusing me with those image links. I keep seeing the image from today's update with Pit flying over skyloft and yall are referring to is as Battlefield, Wii Fit Stage and The Wrestling/Boxing Ring. That image link changes every day with the update.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Man ya'll are confusing me with those image links. I keep seeing the image from today's update with Pit flying over skyloft and yall are referring to is as Battlefield, Wii Fit Stage and The Wrestling/Boxing Ring. That image link changes every day with the update.

I'm seeing that too. Every picture is Pit flying over Skyloft. He's always there. Watching.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Well, there are similarities, but that definitely looks like a boxing ring, rather than a Pokémon battle stadium. The lack of Pokémon motifs is further evidence on how that is not a Pokémon stage.

Considering Pokémon Black 2 / White 2 is a handheld title, a stage based on that game would appear on the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version, since Sakurai stated that stages based on handheld titles would be on the 3DS version, while the Wii U version would have stages from home console games. (I think there might be exceptions, though, so this argument may not be as valid.)

It's either an original stage or a Punch-Out!! stage.
It could be a Kirby stage.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/j7uCHv8pKD4/0.jpg

[Corn]

Smash Ace
If it was a Kirby stage, it would have Kirby motifs like the image you provided. It doesn't.

The crowd is comprised by humans instead of Dream Land inhabitants, so it's either an original stage or a Punch-Out!! stage. (I think it's the latter.)

Its clearly punch out, as even the colored ropes match.

Clogon

Smash Rookie
http://www.gamespot.com/features/smashing-the-definition-of-smash-bros-6410475/

However, exactly what you can customize remains a mystery. I inferred a sort of Pokemon Stadium situation, where you level up your characters in the handheld version before transferring them to the console version to battle. When presented with this idea, Sakurai considered it for a moment before stating, "Perhaps the best way to think of it is: it's not the strength of the attacks that change--their power--but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization." Read into that what you will.
Customization changes the attack in some way.

Edit:
I hope this means that I can change Link's Dair into a meteor like Toon/Young Link.

Hb2

Smash Cadet
Here's some things you may want to add to the first post:

- In addition to the Upperdash Arm (which seems to be his Forward+B move), Pit's Down+B move is the Guardian Orbitars, as seen in the Developer Direct video.
- A Poké Ball appears next to Pikachu in the Nintendo Direct trailer. Confirmed as an item?
- The song that plays in the Animal Crossing stage during the Developer Direct is from Animal Crossing: City Folk, and it's called The City (Day)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTdpUsBQfg
- The song that plays in the Wii Fit stage during the Developer Direct is from Wii Fit Plus, and it's called Segway Circuit (Advanced)
http://youtu.be/SsgEfh0vqy4?t=14s

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
Is the Gamecube controller confirmed? lol

No, seriously. Having to pick up a new controller in a radically different style would be the hardest thing ever.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's some things you may want to add to the first post:

- In addition to the Upperdash Arm (which seems to be his Forward+B move), Pit's Down+B move is the Guardian Orbitars, as seen in the Developer Direct video.
- A Poké Ball appears next to Pikachu in the Nintendo Direct trailer. Confirmed as an item?
- The song that plays in the Animal Crossing stage during the Developer Direct is from Animal Crossing: City Folk, and it's called The City (Day)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlTdpUsBQfg
- The song that plays in the Wii Fit stage during the Developer Direct is from Wii Fit Plus, and it's called Segway Circuit (Advanced)
http://youtu.be/SsgEfh0vqy4?t=14s
I already knew about Pit's new moves.
I don't believe the Poké Ball in the trailer means the item is back, since the part where it's shown is CGI and not gameplay. When Poké Balls get confirmed in gameplay footage or website update, I'll list them as confirmed.
Thanks for the songs' information.

Is the Gamecube controller confirmed? lol

No, seriously. Having to pick up a new controller in a radically different style would be the hardest thing ever.
The Wii U isn't compatible with GCN controllers. So, no, you can't play with a GameCube controller.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
http://www.gamespot.com/features/smashing-the-definition-of-smash-bros-6410475/

Customization changes the attack in some way.

Edit:
I hope this means that I can change Link's Dair into a meteor like Toon/Young Link.
He doesnt state attacks, for all we know the customazation elements he is talking about are stage selection and items and all the stuff that we dont use but is considered customization. Entire other thread devoted to this.
From what is implied, he clearly doesnt mean customizable movesets, at the most he means customizable skins and such.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
OP, I dont think you should say that that the quote, "He mentions that customization will change the characters' moves somehow. According to him, "it's not the strength of the attacks that change--their power--but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization."
Is specifically mentioning moves, as this will lead to confusion

That has been debunked/challenged a few times by others and myself. The words "Technique and Playstyle" can be translated in a way to get "customization". This situation has already happened when the word "features" was translated into "items" and "airdodge" was translated into "aircancel", which led to people thinking wavedashing and all versions of Smash being the same.

Simply put that quote looks poorly translated.

What I and many other believe he means is:
"Its not the strength of attacks that change--their power--but the way the attacks will be used will change with individual playstyles."

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP, I dont think you should say that that the quote, "He mentions that customization will change the characters' moves somehow. According to him, "it's not the strength of the attacks that change--their power--but the directionality of those attacks will change with customization."
Is specifically mentioning moves, as this will lead to confusion

That has been debunked/challenged a few times by others and myself. The words "Technique and Playstyle" can be translated in a way to get "customization". This situation has already happened when the word "features" was translated into "items" and "airdodge" was translated into "aircancel", which led to people thinking wavedashing and all versions of Smash being the same.

Simply put that quote looks poorly translated.

What I and many other believe he means is:
"Its not the strength of attacks that change--their power--but the way the attacks will be used will change with individual playstyles."
Well, I will put a notice stating that the quote may be mistranslated and to avoid drawing conclusions out of that.

Thanks for the warning.

EDIT: OP updated. I've also added your username in the credits section for your contribution to the OP.

Top Bottom