• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Well, I will put a notice stating that the quote may be mistranslated and to avoid drawing conclusions out of that.

Thanks for the warning.

EDIT: OP updated. I've also added your username in the credits section for your contribution to the OP.

Thank ya kindly, though the word directionality wasnt really the word that will spark confusion, customization is which is why I offered other translated options.

I remember all the incorrect translations in the spoiler Brawl info from before. Had to be a pseudo translator for some of my friends and such lol. I wouldnt want the same confusion to happen again, but on a larger scale.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Thank ya kindly, though the word directionality wasnt really the word that will spark confusion, customization is which is why I offered other translated options.

I remember all the incorrect translations in the spoiler Brawl info from before. Had to be a pseudo translator for some of my friends and such lol. I wouldnt want the same confusion to happen again, but on a larger scale.
You mean that what was translated as "customization" could be interpreted as "playstyle change" or something like that?

Well, it is confusing, I must admit. You can't really draw any conclusion from that quote.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
You mean that what was translated as "customization" could be interpreted as "playstyle change" or something like that?

Well, it is confusing, I must admit. You can't really draw any conclusion from that quote.

My point being is that you cant draw a conclusion due to previously crappy translations, because in past interviews and such, other words have been translated incorrectly and have led to mass confusion. Vague stuff like this is a breeding ground if you mention a specific aspect of a quote that has not been proven to be an accurate translation.

The word customization requires changing variables, yet the word change is in front of it in the sentence. If you read it with knowledge of how other languages are translated and simplified into a language such as English, things make much more sense.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Isn't there a Wii Fit stage? Don't see it listed in the OP.
Yes, there's a Wii Fit stage. It seems I didn't list it (I knew something was missing from that list...), but funnily enough, it's mentioned on the music section. Thanks for pointing that out.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Anyone know if the new site is ever going to be updated like the old one? I really liked how that one was updated, really exciting to get up in the morning and check the Dojo. Now it's just pictures, unless I'm missing something. I don't really see much on the site. Hopefully it's just not really being updated yet.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I interested in that unknown stage. I feel like we could ID it by that symbol on the wall, or something.
It could just be a part in the new adventure mode...

@gamer8

It won't be like the Dojo for Brawl. There will be site updates, but not regularly. There are the pictures for your daily Smash needs.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know if the new site is ever going to be updated like the old one? I really liked how that one was updated, really exciting to get up in the morning and check the Dojo. Now it's just pictures, unless I'm missing something. I don't really see much on the site. Hopefully it's just not really being updated yet.
From what I've heard Sakurai said to not expect to hear from him as much this time around, though I hope they do so as well. It was such a great hype move. It was the best feeling to see some of those character reveals, especially the ones from left field like Pokemon Trainer.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I certainly hope the official name won't be Super Smash Brothers WiiU.

Super Smash Brothers
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Smash Brothers...... WiiU............ WiiU !!?? srrsly.

Super Smash Brothers Clash ~

[Corn]

Smash Ace
I certainly hope the official name won't be Super Smash Brothers WiiU.

Super Smash Brothers
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Super Smash Brothers...... WiiU............ WiiU !!?? srrsly.

Super Smash Brothers Clash ~

Still Hoping for Universe or something of that sort.

Kon

Smash Journeyman
Kind of looks like a Donkey Kong Country Returns stage to me, but I don't know.

Yes? No? Maybe so?
I have to agree with you. I also thought of DKCR while seeing the picture of the stage. A question that could come up: Why should this be a 3DS stage? The answer is pretty simple as DKCR3D was released this year for 3DS. The console version could feature a stage with elements from the new Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze game, which will be released at the end of the year.

NES Falchion

Smash Cadet
Don't know if this is true but I heard that the 3ds stages would have different art styles depending on what game it is from like how the spirit tracks stage looks like it is from spirit tracks unless the stages from past games already did that and I didn't notice.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Don't know if this is true but I heard that the 3ds stages would have different art styles depending on what game it is from like how the spirit tracks stage looks like it is from spirit tracks unless the stages from past games already did that and I didn't notice.
well DCK just came out for the 3DS so...

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Not giving the new games an actual name would indeed be quite lame, but unfortunately minimalist naming appears to have become quite the trend in gaming nowadays.

We'll have to settle on something to call it as a community, because I'll be damned if I am going to use the name "Smash 4" in conversation alongside such excellent game names as "Melee" and "Brawl".

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
Not giving the new games an actual name would indeed be quite lame, but unfortunately minimalist naming appears to have become quite the trend in gaming nowadays.

We'll have to settle on something to call it as a community, because I'll be damned if I am going to use the name "Smash 4" in conversation alongside such excellent game names as "Melee" and "Brawl".

How about SSBU: Super Smash Bros. Untitled

(Yes I know it's titled "for Wii U/3DS" but even Untitled sounds better than that)

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I wished someone asked about L-Cancel in those interviews.
What makes you think they would include L-Cancelling?
It was a glitchy, unintentional technique that sakurai would never bring back. This is going to be brawl 2 in case you haven't noticed.

Morbi

Scavenger
What makes you think they would include L-Cancelling?
It was a glitchy, unintentional technique that sakurai would never bring back. This is going to be brawl 2 in case you haven't noticed.
How is it going to be Brawl 2? I hardly think we know enough about the game to say that. Didn't Sakurai say it would be in between Melee and Brawl. The would make it like MeBrawlee... not Brawl 2. :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wavedashing was not a glitch. It was a manipulation of the game's physics.

Still unintentional though.

sonus

Smash Cadet
mario.jpg

It seems like this photo confirms the mushroom item, seeing that Mario is large and stepping on kirby

sonus

Smash Cadet
Kirby is in his crouching animation.

Considering both characters are on a slope, it's not that hard to create that effect.

what do you think caused the smoke? I guess its not smoke but like the hitting effects

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
what do you think caused the smoke? I guess its not smoke but like the hitting effects
Good question. I have no idea.

All I can say is that Mario is doing his taunt and Kirby is on his crouching animation. Anyway, I don't feel there's a need to overthink about that screenshot...

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The smoke is the smoke that happens when you land.

Kirby could have just landed and crouched before the smoke disappeared.

sonus

Smash Cadet
Good question. I have no idea.

All I can say is that Mario is doing his taunt and Kirby is on his crouching animation. Anyway, I don't feel there's a need to overthink about that screenshot...

I agree, as soon as people brought up the crouch and taunt I was basically convinced. But nothing is going on right now so I felt like analysing

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Has anyone else noticed that the only one of the original 8 starter characters from smash 64 is missing from the current roster?
Yoshi. It's just strange how they have the other 7 +bowser and pit, but not Yoshi.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Didn't that happen in Brawl too. He wasn't revealed until later, even after Peach? I can't remember.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi's in.

Just not shown yet.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think for the music, the "stage opening theme" from Mega Man and the "Get Item" themes were used in the Mega Man confirmation (the former a remix, the latter an import from one of the Mega Man games).

Also, from the looks of it, all of the stages (sans Battlefield of course) seem to be directly ported from the games they are from. Skyloft is clearly a texture import from Skyward Sword (although the graphics are obvious more distinguished, seeing as how it went from like 480p to 1080p).

I know I mentioned this to you in the B-Room, but the alleged two NEW Super Mario Bros. or Super Mario 3D Land stages might be one. We know at least the one above the water moves, as confirmed in gameplay.

I think the confirmation of the return of spiking (Mega Man's Hard Man ability is a spike, which has been shown) should be added to the OP, if it isn't there already (I didn't see it, but I obviously could have skipped it).

Also, the gameplay for Smash Wii U we've seen so far looks very similar to the E For All Brawl demo, but slightly faster, more free flowing offense, and less after move lag (much like Melee). Smash 3DS' gameplay looks a bit more closely related to Brawl, but gives off a particular Smash 64 vibe to that game.

And lastly, the character models of veterans in Smash 3DS appear to be slightly downgraded versions of the character models in Brawl.
I wished someone asked about L-Cancel in those interviews.
The land move lag looks very minimal, so something of an automatic L-cancelling mechanic may already exist via just everyone having less landing lag while attacking from the air to ground (which would not just be limited to aerial attacks, but to special attacks and item-based attacks as well).
Didn't that happen in Brawl too. He wasn't revealed until later, even after Peach? I can't remember.
Nope, you're right. Yoshi was the last of the original 8 revealed in Brawl. I checked the Brawl Dojo, and it is 100% true.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think for the music, the "stage opening theme" from Mega Man and the "Get Item" themes were used in the Mega Man confirmation (the former a remix, the latter an import).
Maybe the "Stage Opening theme" might be his victory theme? I'll add it to the OP.

By the way, when in the trailer does that "Get Item" theme play? I only hear three different themes there: Stage Opening jingle -> Mega Man 2 Title Theme -> Mega Man 2 Wily Castle

Also, from the looks of it, all of the stages (sans Battlefield of course) seem to be directly ported from the games they are from.
Skyloft looks a lot like the original from Skyward Sword.
Gerudo Valley has some differences compared to the original, such as the bridge and the waterfall. You could still say that the textures were ripped from OoT3D...
Spirit Tracks also looks a lot like it was ripped from the game, even Toon Link's model has the same level of detail.

Besides both Battlefields and the boxing ring stage, all the stages seem to borrow a lot from the source material... It's understandable, however. It's quite easier to import stages from 3D games without having to redesign them too much.

And lastly, the character models of veterans in Smash 3DS appear to be slightly downgraded versions of the character models in Brawl.
Link and Fox look a lot like it, but Bowser and Mario are changed. Pit seems to be almost the same as he appeared in Kid Icarus: Uprising, which isn't suprising at all, considering that game was also released on the 3DS.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Maybe the "Stage Opening theme" might be his victory theme? I'll add it to the OP.
That's definitely very possible.
By the way, when in the trailer does that "Get Item" theme play? I only hear three different themes there: Stage Opening jingle -> Mega Man 2 Title Theme -> Mega Man 2 Wily Castle
It was in the Mega Man reveal trailer. After Mega Man gets owned, it shows his armor cracked and it plays that song before he pulls out his Metal Blades. It was definitely the "Get Weapon" theme, unless my memory is garbage. I just am not 100% sure which game (probably Mega Man 2).
Skyloft looks a lot like the original from Skyward Sword.
Again, it's definitely a texture port, albeit it's running in 1080p so it looks better. That is why it looks exactly like the Project M stage (along with taking the same angle of the area to best showcase the area, although it's funny that both stages move [backgrounds], albeit this stage is an actual moving stage).
Gerudo Valley has some differences compared to the original, such as the bridge and the waterfall. You could still say that the textures were ripped from OoT3D...
It looks like a ripped and modified version of the Ocarina of Time 3D version of the area. Like the areas' size was condensed.
Spirit Tracks also looks a lot like it was ripped from the game, even Toon Link's model has the same level of detail.
That stage has DS graphics with minimal if any improvements.
Besides both Battlefields and the boxing ring stage, all the stages seem to borrow a lot from the source material... It's understandable, however. It's quite easier to import stages from 3D games without having to redesign them too much.
I think with all the stages they're adding between the two games, it's done to increase the amount of stages, and something tells me we'll be getting about 50 new stages. I don't know about you guys, but I'm kinda sorta drooling thinking about all those stages, especially since all the stages so far have looked incredible.

Still, I hope we get some DLC to play at least the 3DS Smash's stages on the Wii U Smash, and if possible, vice versa. That would be amazing.
Link and Fox look a lot like it, but Bowser and Mario are changed. Pit seems to be almost the same as he appeared in Kid Icarus: Uprising, which isn't suprising at all, considering that game was also released on the 3DS.
Bowser still has some bits of the weird hair color from Brawl, but not as bad as the Blondey Donkey Kong. And yeah, I noticed that about Pit. As for Fox, I think they used the base of his Brawl models, but changed his outfit in Smash 3DS. I think something similar was done with Samus, albeit I think her model was an import from Other M. Obviously both characters along with most veterans got extremely revamped models in Smash Wii U.

Top Bottom