• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Hopefully there's at least one additional character. 3DS players can get them too.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hopefully there's at least one additional character. 3DS players can get them too.
If this is the case...

Please let it be Ice Climbers, please let it be Ice Climbers...

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
And yet no flipping Ice Climbers...gosh dang it Nintendo!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The game itself has 49 characters
The Final Finale roster will consist of 65 characters
This will make the DLC characters have 16 fighters

The following are DLC FOR SURE COMING

Ridley
Mewtwo
Chorus Men
Dixie Kong
Impa
Isaac
Wonder-Red
Lucas

The following are the DLC being considered but most likely coming

Dr. Luigi (Mario series)
Urban Champion (Urban Champion Series)
Wolf (StarFox series)
Ice Climbers (Ice Climber series)
Mach Rider (ExciteBike series)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear series)
Galacta Knight (Kirby series)
Blaziken (Pokemon series)
How do we know this is true last time you made the whole DLC thing up. edit nevermind looking at the wrong page. Well he got Mewtwo right at least 1/however many things he listed.

Mewtwo is waiting for you.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Hey, if Mewtwo could make a comeback somehow... ya never know. c;
No. They will not be available unless they work on the 3DS. Of course they didn't get announced. Seriously people, let it go already. Their chances are very thin.

Im goingto make everyone pee they're paints

Mewtwo is confirm for a dlc character and hes going to be free no matter what.
He was announced free if you have both versions. Where did they say you could download him for free if you only have one version? I'm sure he'll be available if you don't have both too. Probably paid.

T the Mewtwo fan

Smash Rookie
yes, yes, OH HYLIA YES!! Mewtwo is my very favorite Pokemon out of all 719 of them and this also gives hope to other DLC characters (My Sig) and i am officially hyped to buy a Mewtwo Amiibo if only to put on my desk but anyway was there any mention of the Golden Sun stage i haven't seen much of it

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
So some major points from the Direct:

- Up to 8 players can play at once, though this is limited to certain stages: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Mario Galaxy, Bridge of Eldin, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Great Cave Offensive, Onett, Castle Siege, Palutena's Temple, Gaur Plains, 75m, Windy Hill are among the stages that can support up to 8 players.

- Ridley is Pyrosphere's mysterious stage hazard- though if you damage him enough, he'll fight by your side. He can even be KO'd like a regular player- the player who KO'd him will earn a point.

- Metal Face is Gaur Plains' stage boss in the Wii U version. He'll appear during the nighttime.

- Great Cave Offensive confirmed as a stage, based on the minigame of the same name in Kirby Super Star. This stage really is a rule-breaker- there are danger zones laden around the stage. If you smack a player who has 100% damage or more, they will be KO'd.

- Jungle Hijinkxs from DKCR is confirmed as a new stage. Players can fight in the foreground AND background of the stage. Continued use of the barrel cannons will cause players to explode.

- Big Battlefield confirmed as a stage- a bigger Battlefield made to accomodate larger numbers of players.

- New stages: a new Mario Circuit, Wuhu Island, Wrecking Crew, Gamer.

- A new Miiverse stage is confirmed. The layout is pretty much the same as Battlefield's, but you'll see various messages from Miiverse in the background.

- Returning Stages: Bridge of Eldin, Norfair, Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Kongo Jungle N64.

- Ness, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr. are confirmed as starters in the Wii U version.

- Pit has codecs akin to Snake's from Brawl. They seem to be activated only on Palutena's temple.

- Coin Battles and Special Smash return, as well as the ability to adjust the frequency of items.

- Mewtwo will be making his long-awaited return to Smash as a DLC character. He will be available in Spring 2015 and will be free to those who purchase both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash and register them with Club Nintendo.

-
Classic Mode operates differently in the Wii U version- where you'll be going next depends on how dominant you were in the previous rounds. It can now also be played with a second character.

- Clear movies similar to those of Melee's and Brawl's return.

- All-Star Mode also operates differently. You'll be facing each group of characters in REVERSE chronological order- the newest characters in Nintendo's long history will appear first.

- Event Matches return.

- Smash Tour is exclusive to the Wii U version. It's a boardgame-style mode where you'll collect fighters to fight with, as well as powerups to power them up with. When the game is over, you'll fight a stock battle with the fighters you've collected.

- Target Blast has another, bigger bomb.

- Stadium Mode now supports up to 4 players. Target Blast will have players taking turns, Multi-Man Smash will have players playing simultaneously, and Home-Run contest will either have 2 players play at once or up to 4 players taking turns.

- Special Orders is a new mode where you take on challenges from the Hands themselves. Master Orders has you facing battles in a certain order- depending on what order you fight them in, your rewards will vary. Crazy Orders has you spending coins or passes in order to compete in timed battles that get harder as you progress- fight enough battles and you'll face Crazy Hand himself.

- Master Core has a new form- Master Fortress.

- Trophy Boxes are new to Wii U. You can collect trophies of the same theme and group them together.

- Masterpieces make their return. Confirmed games include: Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Kirby's Dream Land, The Legend of Zelda, Pac-Man, Super Mario Kart, Mega Man 2, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, PilotWings, Wrecking Crew, F-Zero, Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, EarthBound, Balloon Fight, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Super Mario Bros..

- You can play with another player on the same console in With Anyone, but only in Team Battles.

- Online and offline tourneys are confirmed.

- Using the Gamepad, you can make drawings on some of the screenshots you've taken. You'll be able to send them to friends after a future update.

- Voice chat is available through the Gamepad, but will be shut off during matches.

- Stage Builder returns in a much snazzier fashion- you can draw terrain and implement hazards with the Gamepad.

- Following a future update, you'll be able to share Mii Fighters, custom stages, replays, and screenshots with friends.

- Most everything in the 3DS version, sans Smash Run, can be enjoyed on the Wii U version as well.

- Newcomer trailers will be viewable on the Wii U version only.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
No. They will not be available unless they work on the 3DS. Of course they didn't get announced. Seriously people, let it go already. Their chances are very thin.

He was announced free if you have both versions. Where did they say you could download him for free if you only have one version? I'm sure he'll be available if you don't have both too. Probably paid.
Ya, but they've got plenty of time. The next Smash probably won't come out for another 8 years. I'm sure they can find a solution to the problem within the next 2. The ICies chances now are better, with Mewtwo basically confirming DLC.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ya, but they've got plenty of time. The next Smash probably won't come out for another 8 years. I'm sure they can find a solution to the problem within the next 2. The ICies chances now are better, with Mewtwo basically confirming DLC.
Not much better. I've seen the lag. It's pretty horrid at times. They might be reduced to offline only.

They may just have to sit one game(technically two, both they're both Smash 4) out. Regardless, we know he still couldn't fix them by release, so we can only hope. That also said, this is not what the topic is for. There's other ones where the discussion is more appropriate. I do not like any cuts, so I feel for you entirely. I'm more mad at cuts that weren't for purely technical issues(that may not be fixable) anyway. I.E. Lucas, Wolf, Squirtle.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So some major points from the Direct:

- Up to 8 players can play at once, though this is limited to certain stages: Battlefield, Big Battlefield, Mario Galaxy, Bridge of Eldin, Temple, Yoshi's Island, Great Cave Offensive, Onett, Castle Siege, Palutena's Temple, Gaur Plains, 75m, Windy Hill are among the stages that can support up to 8 players.

- Ridley is Pyrosphere's mysterious stage hazard- though if you damage him enough, he'll fight by your side. He can even be KO'd like a regular player- the player who KO'd him will earn a point.

- Metal Face is Gaur Plains' stage boss in the Wii U version. He'll appear during the nighttime.

- Great Cave Offensive confirmed as a stage, based on the minigame of the same name in Kirby Super Star. This stage really is a rule-breaker- there are danger zones laden around the stage. If you smack a player who has 100% damage or more, they will be KO'd.

- Jungle Hijinkxs from DKCR is confirmed as a new stage. Players can fight in the foreground AND background of the stage. Continued use of the barrel cannons will cause players to explode.

- Big Battlefield confirmed as a stage- a bigger Battlefield made to accomodate larger numbers of players.

- New stages: a new Mario Circuit, Wuhu Island, Wrecking Crew, Gamer.

- A new Miiverse stage is confirmed. The layout is pretty much the same as Battlefield's, but you'll see various messages from Miiverse in the background.

- Returning Stages: Bridge of Eldin, Norfair, Delfino Plaza, Mario Circuit, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island (Melee), Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Kongo Jungle N64.

- Ness, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, and Bowser Jr. are confirmed as starters in the Wii U version.

- Pit has codecs akin to Snake's from Brawl. They seem to be activated only on Palutena's temple.

- Coin Battles and Special Smash return, as well as the ability to adjust the frequency of items.

- Mewtwo will be making his long-awaited return to Smash as a DLC character. He will be available in Spring 2015 and will be free to those who purchase both the 3DS and Wii U versions of Smash and register them with Club Nintendo.

-
Classic Mode operates differently in the Wii U version- where you'll be going next depends on how dominant you were in the previous rounds. It can now also be played with a second character.

- Clear movies similar to those of Melee's and Brawl's return.

- All-Star Mode also operates differently. You'll be facing each group of characters in REVERSE chronological order- the newest characters in Nintendo's long history will appear first.

- Event Matches return.

- Smash Tour is exclusive to the Wii U version. It's a boardgame-style mode where you'll collect fighters to fight with, as well as powerups to power them up with. When the game is over, you'll fight a stock battle with the fighters you've collected.

- Target Blast has another, bigger bomb.

- Stadium Mode now supports up to 4 players. Target Blast will have players taking turns, Multi-Man Smash will have players playing simultaneously, and Home-Run contest will either have 2 players play at once or up to 4 players taking turns.

- Special Orders is a new mode where you take on challenges from the Hands themselves. Master Orders has you facing battles in a certain order- depending on what order you fight them in, your rewards will vary. Crazy Orders has you spending coins or passes in order to compete in timed battles that get harder as you progress- fight enough battles and you'll face Crazy Hand himself.

- Master Core has a new form- Master Fortress.

- Trophy Boxes are new to Wii U. You can collect trophies of the same theme and group them together.

- Masterpieces make their return. Confirmed games include: Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Kirby's Dream Land, The Legend of Zelda, Pac-Man, Super Mario Kart, Mega Man 2, Donkey Kong, Dr. Mario, PilotWings, Wrecking Crew, F-Zero, Metroid, Kirby Super Star, Punch-Out!!, Kid Icarus, EarthBound, Balloon Fight, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link, Super Mario Bros..

- You can play with another player on the same console in With Anyone, but only in Team Battles.

- Online and offline tourneys are confirmed.

- Using the Gamepad, you can make drawings on some of the screenshots you've taken. You'll be able to send them to friends after a future update.

- Voice chat is available through the Gamepad, but will be shut off during matches.

- Stage Builder returns in a much snazzier fashion- you can draw terrain and implement hazards with the Gamepad.

- Following a future update, you'll be able to share Mii Fighters, custom stages, replays, and screenshots with friends.

- Most everything in the 3DS version, sans Smash Run, can be enjoyed on the Wii U version as well.

- Newcomer trailers will be viewable on the Wii U version only.
Thanks a lot for categorizing the information like this! I really appreciate it!

I will be updating this thread when I have time.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It's Mewtwo

I assume you already know this by now
Ya, I've heard. At the very least, he's proved to me that DLC is a thing, and that might be where the ICies end up.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Thanks a lot for categorizing the information like this! I really appreciate it!

I will be updating this thread when I have time.
Had to rewatch the bloody Direct to make sure I didn't miss anything. Here's a few more:

- Pokemon Stadium 2 returns from Brawl. I think someone spotted it in the Direct when they mentioned Event Matches. I'll look it up myself later.

- Rayquaza appears in the Kalos Pokemon League stage in an unknown capacity. Proof: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/525600616002125824/photo/1

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Its obvious what rayquaza status is on that stage

No denying it
Until we see footage, there's nothing to really add besides him showing up as is. We saw him fly around. Confirmed Information is just that. Confirmed. We do not know what he'll do. He could fly around and do nothing for all we know. It's not likely, but we can't put that kind of speculation up in his section. He's so far "Shows up in an unknown fashion" and nothing more.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Another bit of info from the Direct:

A Peckish Aristocrab will appear as a stage hazard on the Garden of Hope.
Yea that one i caught

It was the part when xander (the first nake of the voice for the announcer) said this "the wii u version will have more stages for the 3ds version"

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
OP updated with stage information!

It is now ordered by series, Wii U stages first, 3DS stages afterwards.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I wonder what the mechanics for the Wii U stage "Wrecking Crew" will be like. I'm also still hoping for a Gyromite and/or Stack-Up themed stage for R.O.B..

Honestly I think they will make it
With DLC, I'm pretty confident they will as well.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Let's all just take a moment and silently thank Sakurai for releasing SSB4 Wii U in the US before Japan.

Thank you, Sakurai.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Here's the opening of the Wii U version!
Dang it! You beat me to posting this. Just saw it this morning and I'll say this is the best SSB opening movie we've had. Absolutely love the ending where they show Mario and co. running across the screen.

Last edited:

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
You're too slow!! :4sonic:Shoot! He says sonic speed now!
But yeah, I love this opening but there's not CGI footage enough. It's one of the best ssb opening for me but I prefer the air the melee one

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You're too slow!! :4sonic:Shoot! He says sonic speed now!
But yeah, I love this opening but there's not CGI footage enough. It's one of the best ssb opening for me but I prefer the air the melee one
*Facepalm* Shoulda seen that coming...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
*Facepalm* Shoulda seen that coming...
Seen what coming?

Also there are more songs confirmed from the recent footages from GameXplain:
VS Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl) Remix for Kalos Pokemon League
Wonder World (Sonic Lost World Theme) for Windy Hill

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Seen what coming?

Also there are more songs confirmed from the recent footages from GameXplain:
VS Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl) Remix for Kalos Pokemon League
Wonder World (Sonic Lost World Theme) for Windy Hill
His "You're too slow!" comment on my post when I said that he beat me to posting the official opening for the Wii U version.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
His "You're too slow!" comment on my post when I said that he beat me to posting the official opening for the Wii U version.
Ohh... lol

List of songs I've found so far:
VS Cynthia (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl) for Kalos Pokemon League [REMIX]
Wonder World (Sonic Lost World Theme) for Windy Hill [ORIGINAL]
Corneria (Melee Stage Theme) for Orbital Gate [Melee's Remix]
Alternative Rocket Barrel theme (Donkey Kong Country Returns) For Jungle Hijinx [???]
Celestial Valley (Kirby Air Ride) for Great Cave Offensive [ORIGINAL]
VS Ridley (new remix) for Pyrosphere [REMIX]
NES/Famicom Melody for Wrecking Crew [REMIX; not 8-bit]

There is two songs I'm unsure of, but the Mario Kart 8 stage's song seems to be based on Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 9. I don't remember what this song for the Kid Icarus Stage is exactly used for.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHH308_X3DU&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ&index=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31-W0hpJjWM&index=10&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

As for the Rocket Barrel theme, I am 100% unsure if it is a remix or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsQdLND2K4&index=9&list=UUfAPTv1LgeEWevG8X_6PUOQ

I'll update my post as I find more stuff.

Looking at the list of My Music stuff:

Battlefield's My Music
Battlefield
Multi-Man Smash
Trophy Rush
Menu (Melee) [Brawl REMIX]
Boss Battle (Melee) [Brawl REMIX]
Battlefield (Brawl)
Boss Song 1 (Brawl)

Pilotwings's My Music
Light Plane [REMIX] (Pilotwings)
Light Plane (Vocal Mix) [REMIX] (Pilotwings)
Turbo Jet [REMIX] (Pilotwings Resort)
Light Plane (Pilotwings)
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger

Skyloft's My Music
Ballade of Goddess/Ghirahim's Theme [REMIX] (Skywords Sword)
Main Theme/Underworld Theme [REMIX] (The Legend of Zelda)
Saria's Song/Mid Boss Battle [REMIX] (Ocarina of Time)
The Great Sea/Menu Select [REMIX] (Wind Waker)
Tal Tal Heights [Brawl REMIX] (Link's Awakening)

Menu Themes: Menu, Menu (Melee), Menu 2 (Melee), Menu (Brawl), How To Play, Trophies (Melee).

Last edited:
Top Bottom