• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS Info Thread - Risen from the dead by the psychic power of DLC

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Warning Received
(does not exist) :facepalm:

Last edited:

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
Warning Received
In a pure business way have DLC character is good mainly for games Likes Smash Bros. Cause those games lives for 5 or more years so if you want more income with a games you should put DLC for increase the rentability and also give more content such as balancing the roster, stage level, song or in our case Character.

So for me the list can be totally credible in view of what I said.

R0Y

Smash Master
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be called “ Smash World “

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

Those characters are Isaac from Golden Sun and Wonder-Red from Wonderful 101!

This Special DLC pack will be released in 2015 with the release of “Splatoon!”

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

This all comes in Super Smash Bros. For Nintendo Wii U and 3DS!!

Smash World early. Coincidence or....edit: woops, not the thread for rumours. Sorry.

I'll try my best to defend myself by saying Palutena's taunt (you know the one) isn't referenced at all in the ESRB rating description, but cleavage is.

Last edited:

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
More stage info:

On the Wii U version, there's a stage based on the Gamer minigame from Game & Wario. Here, you'll need to hide from 9-Volt's mom during the fight by hiding in the shadowed areas. If she spots you, she'll unleash a super-strong attack. The stage's name is Gamer, and it was confirmed in September 26's picture.

On the 3DS version, we have Magicant, based on the area within Queen Mary's mind in Mother 1, though it has elements from Mother 2 as well. The Flying Men will appear on the right-hand side of the stage- touching one will give you a free assist from the Flying Man. The Flying Man will fight by the player's side until he is KO'd. It was revealed through streams and such, and was acknowledged through the October 8th pic.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
More stage info:

On the Wii U version, there's a stage based on the Gamer minigame from Game & Wario. Here, you'll need to hide from 9-Volt's mom during the fight by hiding in the shadowed areas. If she spots you, she'll unleash a super-strong attack. The stage's name is Gamer, and it was confirmed in September 26's picture.

On the 3DS version, we have Magicant, based on the area within Queen Mary's mind in Mother 1, though it has elements from Mother 2 as well. The Flying Men will appear on the right-hand side of the stage- touching one will give you a free assist from the Flying Man. The Flying Man will fight by the player's side until he is KO'd. It was revealed through streams and such, and was acknowledged through the October 8th pic.
I really hope we get Magicant on Wii U that thing would be gorgeous and the Music :love::ness64::nessmelee::ness2::lucas::4ness:

Oh ya, I noticed something else today.

I was online playing as Captain Falcon. My opponent wasn't moving an inch so I decided to have fun and spam "Come on!". After a few taunts I wasn't able to do any more. Taunting got disabled. After a minute or so I could taunt again.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can charge Smash Attacks instead of unleashing them instantly with the C-Stick now as shown in GameXplain's new video.

http://youtu.be/wT3EJ_LTjPE

Eh, I always played Brawl using sideways Wiimote. This doesn't really affect me...

Oh ya, I noticed something else today.

I was online playing as Captain Falcon. My opponent wasn't moving an inch so I decided to have fun and spam "Come on!". After a few taunts I wasn't able to do any more. Taunting got disabled. After a minute or so I could taunt again.
That's interesting. Wonder if this will be implemented in regular vs mode matches too...anyone know?

Eh, I always played Brawl using sideways Wiimote. This doesn't really affect me...

That's interesting. Wonder if this will be implemented in regular vs mode matches too...anyone know?
It's online only.

I know this because I like spamming Shulk's taunts for no apparent reason.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
It's online only.

I know this because I like spamming Shulk's taunts for no apparent reason.
Heh, spamming taunts while your opponent is dying is always a good feeling. When I play against an opponent and kill them, I always make sure I get in that character's 3 taunts before I get attacked again.

Alright I'm sure everyone has their mains and such, but what are everyone's secondaries and what different strategies from Brawl and/or the last Smash game you've played have you been using with your mains and secondaries?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero

You can play with a sideways Wii remote :O Sir I salute you I could never master it I stated with Wii mote/nun chuck combo but then I moved on to the Classic controller pro :)

Heh, spamming taunts while your opponent is dying is always a good feeling. When I play against an opponent and kill them, I always make sure I get in that character's 3 taunts before I get attacked again.

Alright I'm sure everyone has their mains and such, but what are everyone's secondaries and what different strategies from Brawl and/or the last Smash game you've played have you been using with your mains and secondaries?
Let's just say I was really feeling it. :p

Also, while this isn't the thread to discuss this, I use most of the same strategies from Brawl. Everything is just more fluid now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So they are curbing Taunt parties, huh? I'm impressed.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
You can play with a sideways Wii remote :O Sir I salute you I could never master it I stated with Wii mote/nun chuck combo but then I moved on to the Classic controller pro :)
Well, at the time that I got Brawl, I didn't have any other controller and didn't know use could use Wiimote+Nunchuck, so I've been doing this since day 1.

Anyways, what characters would everyone like to see as DLC? We've got the obvious veterans from previous games, Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, perhaps Impa, but is there anyone that you'd want in the game but hasn't really been spoken of all that much? Go ahead, use oddball characters, we've already got 4 of them in this game.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
~Characters I want to see.... Well I think Sakurai shouldn't add newcomers (at first) Due to other vets being cut due to time constraints I think the first guys who should be added our as follow : :lucas::wolf::popo:(potentially if not exclusives to Wii U because of tech limitations):squirtle::ivysaur::mewtwopm: Then go with the ones in the tower leak. because if Sakurai brings back Vets that people already loved no one can complain that there newcomers didn't get in.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
Well, at the time that I got Brawl, I didn't have any other controller and didn't know use could use Wiimote+Nunchuck, so I've been doing this since day 1.

Anyways, what characters would everyone like to see as DLC? We've got the obvious veterans from previous games, Ridley, King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Chorus Men, perhaps Impa, but is there anyone that you'd want in the game but hasn't really been spoken of all that much? Go ahead, use oddball characters, we've already got 4 of them in this game.
:roypm: <--- This guy. Just...this guy. 5 Fire Emblem Reps won't hurt anyone, right?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
This is not a thread for DLC/character speculation. Any more off topic posts will be infracted.
Shoot, right. I keep forgetting this is an information thread, not just a general what-you want-to-see thread.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Spam Warning Received
In addition to the Tower of Smash mode being available. The 3DS is also getting a new mode when the Wii U Version comes out.

This mode will be a mode where players can challenge players around the world in various formats of smash battles. The thing that differentiates this mode from others is that this mode can level your play skills and match you with players around your same skill. More features include daily challenges that must be met! If you play Smash World every day of the week, each day you will earn a prize and each day the prize will get better! Prizes include NEW Mii accessories, Coins, Smash Points, and for great performances, special powerups in future Smash World matches!

In addition to this mode, there will be another two characters available first on the Nintendo Wii U for a limited time! Those who do not get those characters in the time given, will be able to purchase those characters in the eShop.

Also the Wii U and 3DS will be given a new feature! A “Shop” mode where players can buy various items with the coins and money achieved.

When players are given Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie Kong, and Mewtwo, two more characters still remain available!

A new ink blaster item will be added, a brand new Splatoon stage awaits your arrival! And maybe a special guest will appear to battle!

My God, he was right....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Quick reminder to everyone that this is an area for confirmed information only.

Please refrain from talking about leaks.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Today's daily picture is interesting considering the "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders" announcer clips found on the 3DS version.

Also, I've removed the Character Changes section and replaced it with a Character Unlock Conditions section.

If you want to look for in-depth information on characters, visit the Character Discussion boards.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
Warning Received

oh hell no, so u need money to buy the 2 characters?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
So happy I got R.O.B. back. Though we did get him when that leak was posted, I'm still very excited about his HD model and his official confirmation! And then Ganondorf (aka Captain Ganondork) also being confirmed as well. Honestly, even though we already know he's coming, all I need now is G&W and I'm good (other than ICies loss). It is curious however, that the voice clips of "Master Orders" and "Crazy Orders" from the 3DS have become modes (assuming) in the Wii U version, especially taking into account that the voice clips were from the 3DS version. Wonder if Sakurai will go more in depth about this at a later time, possibly in a Smash-themed direct and/or PoTD.

Johnallen00

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Oh my gosh, the leak is true! Just look at the PotT, if that's not proof enough i dont know what is

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Please do not discuss leaks, rumors, or unconfirmed material in this thread. Warnings/infractions on sight. Master's orders.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
http://kotaku.com/super-smash-bros-..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Not exactly information but what it shows is a

90% between 97% chance of another smash direct
Finally! More information coming on the version that I actually care for...

Also, not exactly new news, but just a look at another one of Nintendo's slips...

http://www.smashbros.com/us/howto/entry8.html

Look at the Wii U character select screen under "Figure Players Join The Battle". Guess which two characters are on that roster, yet not revealed yet on the site? Bowser Jr. and Jigglypuff. Just a little something I noticed while taking a look at the new "Amiibo" page of the site. Interesting isn't it, that Nintendo confirmed these characters without confirming them by giving them their own character pages.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Amiibos is honestly starting to sound like a good way to train yourself alone. The fact they learn tactics from fighters and whatnot. It's kind of funny since people theorized that LV9 CPUs would learn from the players, but now it turns out it's turning out true in a form of figurines!

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Amiibos is honestly starting to sound like a good way to train yourself alone. The fact they learn tactics from fighters and whatnot. It's kind of funny since people theorized that LV9 CPUs would learn from the players, but now it turns out it's turning out true in a form of figurines!
Honestly, I'm not really going to be using my amiibos that I get (if any) that much. More of just something for display in my opinion. I mean, who wouldn't want their own collection of Smash Bros. trophies? But I do agree that it seems like a good idea for players who don't really have anyone to play with/don't get that much of a challenge when playing the game.

Top Bottom