• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Twitch Stream Goes Live!

PWN3

Smash Apprentice
I'm so torn between wanting to watch Smash 4 and wanting to know as little as possible about it when it comes out.

My heart can't take this.

ask_thedoctor

Smash Rookie
I'm just so happy that Doctor Mario is back. He's always been better than Mario. Hopefully his pills retain their 45º trajectory.

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
How?! I DIDNT SEE IT TELL ME D:
Psi magnet has at least double it's range and is practically instant startup with very little end lag.

PK thunder 1 has kill potential even when stale. (hamayama literally did nothing but use this move...not because it was too good, but because he sucked ass) He did at least 20 PKT1s on a CPU fox i believe and it still produced the black thunder animation and killed fox off the top around 120% i want to say. It provides enough hitstun to combo into itself in juggle situations. The speed and arc of it is exactly like melee though.

PK thunder 2 has increased distance. Not quite as far as P:M, but definitely longer than melee. Can't say anything about power, hamayama was too terrible to hit someone with it much less even know how to perform PKT2.

Utilt seemed to have increased range (because of the new flash animation), as well as Nair (his hands are bigger). Bair seemed to have increased speed. PK flash seemed to be faster in general.

Dsmash is now multi hit when he brings it in front of him. Usmash looks unchanged. Neither looks particularly useful still, but it offers decent protection now.

PK fire and fair seemed nerfed though. PK fire pillar looks smaller with no real change to speed, while fair looks like it has a smaller hitbox.

I can't really comment on landing lag, since ness generally doesn't experience that much landing lag with most of his aerials when he's a certain distance from the ground. I didn't notice any significant lag, but i don't think anything was obviously auto-cancelled either. Edit: Actually now that i think about it, i'm pretty sure Nair auto cancels.

Also, some moves have a new flashy animation now like i mentioned before. Dair, utilt, fair, have this new animation. It's distinctly different than the "air" animations added to basically every move to help show hitboxes. It's more of a psychic spark than a burst of air.

Last edited:

Dr. Corndog

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DrCecilCorndog
I have seen the Duck Hunt Dog in action. My life is complete.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
DHD's ****ing sweet! He's got tons of references to Duck Hunt's extra modes and even some moveset inspiration from other popular Zapper games! AND DAT' FALLING SOUND EFFECT!

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Can't wait to see someone unlock R.O.B. and the Mewtwo suspense is killing me. I will be the happiest man alive to have these two in the roster!

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Magicant is Ness's stage, and there are assist trophies that represent his courage in the Flying Men.

All I need is a snowman saying thanks for remembering me and then I'm in tears.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
My god Duck Hunt Dog fighting a giant Palutena and people in the chat section saying "THIS IS MY FETISH" cracked me up so bad I woke up everyone in the house.

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
But it's actually true that (sadly), watching all these twitches are a little hype-killing.

PAPCGyE

Smash Apprentice
So... Dark Pit is a clone of Pit and he actually has a custom that make him looks like Pit

image.jpg

Oh Sakurai!!! You are a Genius...

Last edited:

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
Lucina is good, Dark Pit sucks, Dr. Mario is the worst character in the game

Last edited:

Modular Zeal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tsquared
3DS FC
2750-1105-6750
Hey guys I would like your help for the Nintendo Twitch stream tomorrow. I Tomorrow I am going to be at school, and they block Twitch where I am at. So I would like to know if anybody could let me know to get around this block.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
i'm seeing full roster now, unfortunately no mewtwo sorry ^^
How do you know it was the full roster? I know this sounds like denial, but I struggle to believe the entire roster can be unlocked after only a few hours.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I'm hearing the chat say "play pokemon to unlock Mewtwo". C-can this be true!? THEY SERIOUS!?!?

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
if he unlocks wario the symmetry of the rooster will be ruined, therefore there must be at least another unlockable character! xD go isaac or mewtwo!!!

Top Bottom