• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Well, I understand that, but you can't please everyone.

The fact that Mewtwo was absent in Brawl didn't stop me from buying the game. Yes, I was disappointed, but complaining wouldn't get me anywhere.
Anytime you make an all-star mash up game people are bound to be disappointed. I think it is kind of expected with games like MvC, PSABR, Injustice etc... because everyone will get upset/butthurt if their character doesn't get it. (Of course i'm talki

Your right complaining may not get use any anywhere, then again maybe it will. Through complaining people were able to change the Xbox one's DRM policies, through complaining tripping was removed from the game, Complaining got rid of friend codes.
I'm not saying complaining is the ace in the hole for fans (it would be a horrible spoiled environment if it was). Most people who say they won't buy the game based of X character are probably just thinking with emotions; But maybe voicing their dissatisfaction will help people to vent. Eventually, they'll come around; but who knows someone maybe listening, and all the ******** and whining may have paid off. ;)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Anytime you make an all-star mash up game people are bound to be disappointed. I it is kind of expected with games like MvC, PSABR, Injustice etc...

Your right complaining may not get use any anywhere, then again maybe it will. Through complaining people were able to change the Xbox one's DRM policies, through complaining tripping was removed from the game, Complaining got rid of friend codes.
I'm not saying complaining is the ace in the hole for fans (it would be a horrible spoiled environment if it was). Most people who say they won't buy the game based of X character are probably just thinking with emotions; But maybe voicing their dissatisfaction will help people to vent. Eventually, they'll come around; but who knows someone maybe listening ;)
Well, things like tripping and Xbox One's DRM were worthy of complaining.

Crossovers will NEVER please everyone, unless you make a huge (and I really mean HUGE) roster, which often leads to poorly balanced gameplay.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566

Crossovers will NEVER please everyone, unless you make a huge (and I really mean HUGE) roster, which often leads to poorly balanced gameplay.
I believe it was Bill Cosby who said "You can't please everyone" and its so true. Or was it. The key to failure?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Kirby with Goku's hair would look absolutely hilarious.
Have you ever heard of Super Smash Flash. Both Kirby and Goku are in that game and you can Inhale and copy Goku's Kamehameha! and he gets the hairstyle too.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Well I won't go as far as to rank what's worthy and whats not. We all have something that others may not deem worth of being complained about. Some people are just passionate about their characters, and may consider raising a big stick about it very important.

But, I agree you can't please everyone, nor should anyone ever try to please everyone; and personally I too think huge rosters tend to away from the games quality. I'm glad they are doing a bit of a quality filter for this game.

Hickory

Smash Cadet
If you're not going to buy a game, stop commenting on that game's boards. If that depends on one character not making it in - whatever, your choice. It's not going to affect anyone.

That said, Diddy will likely be in. I can't say that it's definite, but DK is still a live franchise. The Earthbound and F-Zero fans have reason to be nervous, but not DK fans.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
If you want a series with very pleasing-to-ALL-fans rosters, look no further than Dragonball Z: Budokai (Tenkaichi)-series. (Along with it being poorly balanced as I've heard)

Time to time I tend to think how it'd be like if I didn't get any of the characters I wanted in Smash. I bet it'll be pretty disappointing, but it might mean that I need to broaden my horizons and find something new or interesting instead of getting stuck in the past and disappointment.

Then I remember that I always got someone I wanted in Smash (many, even, including veterans) before, and I sorta feel like probability for that seems rather low. There's always something going to perk you up. So no need to get downed if you didn't get someone/something until the end.

But really, it's pretty dumb to be an extremistic fan. I feel bad for the guy who makes this game with so much heart while having his damn arm still aching and having to deal with what all kinds of complications, yet people will drop the game for not gettin' pleased.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Lets not talk about Smash Flash, I used it as an example of Kirby with Goku's hair.

Anyway I think it would be wise to get the game even if your favorite character is not in it or not. Not saying any of you will do this but in Brawl, I had the experience to witness a good handful of smashers abandon their favorite character to switch over to maining MK. Again not saying any of you guys would do this but if their favorite character is complete garbage 75% of people will not use that character.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Lets not talk about Smash Flash, I used it as an example of Kirby with Goku's hair.

Anyway I think it would be wise to get the game even if your favorite character is not in it or not. Not saying any of you will do this but in Brawl, I had the experience to witness a good handful of smashers abandon their favorite character to switch over to maining MK. Again not saying any of you guys would do this but if their favorite character is complete garbage 75% of people will not use that character.

Good point there too, though even if it's mostly panderin' to the competitive scene.

Still, I didn't dig Ness or Jiggs feeling less effective to use (and DEAR GOD JIGGS YOUR SFX ARE JUST HORRIBLE)

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715

That's why I try to have a different main every game. That way, I have a wide array of favorites.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Seriously though.

Cranky Kong in Mario Kart. Why hasn't Nintendo thought of doing this yet? Why Funky Kong over him in Wii?

Why Funky Kong over Dixie, K. Rool, and Kremling? Really tho

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
People here are strongly implying I'm ONLY using Diddy in Brawl. Which is not the case.

In Brawl I use: Diddy, DK, Ike, Link, Ganondorf, Sheik, Marth, Pikachu, Samus, Yoshi,Ness and Pokémon Trainer. Could probably also kick your ass with Bowser, Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff and Mario on a good day.
In Melee: DK, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Samus, Sheik, Link, Mario, Marth and Ganondorf.
In 64: I basically only use Pikachu, DK and a little bit of Link.

So no, I don't only play Smash for Diddy, but I'd be outraged if he wasn't in Brawl nonetheless. I also use characters mostly from series that interesst me most, and I'm far more inclined to learn a character I like than otherwise. And if their playstyle suits, I'll stick with them.

To be honest, I think I was far more 'relligious' about Pikachu in 64 and Mewtwo in Melee for a long time than I was about Diddy in Brawl. However, I'm probably the best with Diddy still all around.

But yeah, hate me for it if you like. I don't care anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Oh man, we should totally have Naruto, and Goku, and Batman, and Steve Urkel, and Superman and Krystal in this game

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Yay, I'm the 25%. Always have mained Link, always will.
Though to be honest I've been playing as Ike and Kirby than Link. Playing link is like continuous punches to the groin. It hurts.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I felt as though Ness was more effective in Brawl then Melee.

Also, I really hate how Link feels so flawed, because he does have a good concept going for him. However, he felt the worst in Brawl.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't feel sad for most those who leave their old characters and go straight to top tiers. Sure, I can understand if your character isn't that good, but no need to go straight to the #1 character right away. Then you gotta consider elitists and jerks who like to pick on others for choosing a "bad" character and all that.
In the case of Smash4, I've already selected the mains I want, regardless of their eventual tier placing, but I really don't want to be stereotyped as just another player who quit their old main for a top tier. Of course I ain't going to let those jerks tell me who to main.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I had luck Pikachu is top tier in 64, and Diddy in Brawl. In Melee, not so much luck... Hence I sticked to a really lame ass character with a playstyle I found myself the most effective with.

However, this is me talking about a facing a player that's on equal skill or better than me. If I'm facing someone worse, I like using bottom tiers or whoever I like.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why whine about certain characters not getting in? Most of you will have at least one or two of your most wanted newcomers revealed. I'll be lucky to have one.
Then perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your wanted newcomers.

@Moon Monkey: Do you mean "implementation"?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Easy solution: turn it off.
Can't! I rely too much on it! It helps to speed things up so much. (Plus you wouldn't believe how embarrassing it is to spell Wednesday wrong. A lot more embarrassing than implementation, I'll tell you that.)

I just have to proof read before I post. Thank goodness for SWF's edit post feature.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
As for me, I had DK and Link (DK more) in 64, who were bad, Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda and Pichu in Melee, all bad of course... and I chose a variety of characters with Pit and Bowser on top. The secondaries that I dropped were:
-MK: For many obvious reasons. Shame since I liked him a bit in that TV show.
-Zelda: She just doesn't cut it, not that she ever was one of the better characters around though
-D3: His playstyle revolves around B-airs and CGs, not much variety. I prefer variety.
-Peach: I'm just bad with her anyways.
-ROB: Can't be consistent and I don't like him much, not that I ever did, but he was just a character for me to try out.
-Wario: A high tier who formally was a top tier. Playing enough of em shows me how annoying he is.
-DK: Not consistent, and D3's existence makes DK very uncomfortable
-Wolf : Don't like him anymore, and his style just isn't me.

Pit and Bowser though stayed with me since the beginning, and I want to keep it that way if anything.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
As for me, I had DK and Link (DK more) in 64, who were bad, Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda and Pichu in Melee, all bad of course... and I chose a variety of characters with Pit and Bowser on top. The secondaries that I dropped were:
-MK: For many obvious reasons. Shame since I liked him a bit in that TV show.
-Zelda: She just doesn't cut it, not that she ever was one of the better characters around though
-D3: His playstyle revolves around B-airs and CGs, not much variety. I prefer variety.
-Peach: I'm just bad with her anyways.
-ROB: Can't be consistent and I don't like him much, not that I ever did, but he was just a character for me to try out.
-Wario: A high tier who formally was a top tier. Playing enough of em shows me how annoying he is.
-DK: Not consistent, and D3's existence makes DK very uncomfortable
-Wolf : Don't like him anymore, and his style just isn't me.

Pit and Bowser though stayed with me since the beginning, and I want to keep it that way if anything.
Same here, all the characters I played were not "good" either. In Melee I played Mewtwo, Roy, Kirby, DK, and G&W. In Brawl I was happy to see Kirby and G&W getting buffed but I felt DK was nerfed since I use a log of cargo throw combos which didnt exist in Brawl. I also picked up Yoshi becuase i think he is the fastest (or 2nd fastest) character in the Brawl to mimic melee's speed if you use him right... but still apparently sucked. ;(

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I felt as though Ness was more effective in Brawl then Melee.
Also, I really hate how Link feels so flawed, because he does have a good concept going for him. However, he felt the worst in Brawl.
Yeah, Ness actually had options in Brawl. I actually though that Link felt worst in Melee but the game's physics helped him out so he wasn't as bad relative to the game.
I don't feel sad for most those who leave their old characters and go straight to top tiers. Sure, I can understand if your character isn't that good, but no need to go straight to the #1 character right away. Then you gotta consider elitists and jerks who like to pick on others for choosing a "bad" character and all that.
If people want to compete for first they'll gravitate towards the best character or secondaries that cover bad matchups to get to such placing.

EDIT: Besides, these players can still play whatever their favorite character is during casuals or whenever they're not in competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom