• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea, KI Uprising exceeded all my expectations. It has absolutely everything a great game should have and more. A lot of people didn't like the controls though, but I thought they were fine. I do feel like it would've been better with a Wii Nunchuck though, with a similar control scheme to Sin and Punishment Star Successor.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Sorry, another double post by accident.
And yea, I am extremely disappointed by 3D World. It also bothers me that style of 3D Mario games wasn't even meant for the Wii U; it was designed specifically for the 3DS.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Yea, KI Uprising exceeded all my expectations. It has absolutely everything a great game should have and more. A lot of people didn't like the controls though, but I thought they were fine. I do feel like it would've been better with a Wii Nunchuck though, with a similar control scheme to Sin and Punishment Star Successor.
Its honestly my next purchase when I get the money. It looks so graaand. Plus I did enjoy the original on the NES lol. [I know its completely different but I felt like I should say that]

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I was fine with Uprising's controls. It was basically Mario Kart 7's controls with added touch screen use. I thought it was really simple.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Its honestly my next purchase when I get the money. It looks so graaand. Plus I did enjoy the original on the NES lol. [I know its completely different but I felt like I should say that]
Yea, it's completely different from the NES game, but it still retains a bit of its charm.
I'm personally not a fan of the original though, I think it aged poorly.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
i felt the controls were a bit wonky for Uprising. It just felt very off and they kept me from playing any further than the 3rd or 4th mission. I probably would have loved it if it were done on the wii.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Ironic that Miyamoto can't come up with new ideas for a F-Zero game yet he has no problem making Mario 3D Land HD Edition. Cat Suit & Multiplayer? La dee ****ing da. >_>
I'm not justifying the prioritization of a disappointing Mario game over a new F-Zero, but F-Zero GX did kind of reach perfection, so I can see where Miyamoto's coming from.
They can't really do anything to the gameplay without making it worse; all they can do is make it even prettier with HD graphics and have more tracks (which I still really want, and would be far better than 3D World)

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm currently playing Uprising now, and I agree the controls were a bit weird at first, but I changed them around and it's a lot easier. I just use L to change the view instead of the touch screen and it makes reaction time much more simple.

Also, Mario in a cat suit is ridiculous itself, but I lost my **** when he went MEOW MEOW in that Nintendo Direct.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm currently playing Uprising now, and I agree the controls were a bit weird at first, but I changed them around and it's a lot easier. I just use L to change the view instead of the touch screen and it makes reaction time much more simple.

Also, Mario in a cat suit is ridiculous itself, but I lost my **** when he went MEOW MEOW in that Nintendo Direct.
I only found the controls enjoyable once I began to use my thumbstrap that came with the original fat grey DS

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

I'm pretty sure he said "Nyan Nyan"

Opelucid

Smash Lord
NNID
JDan17
Switch FC
SW 5860 1420 7528
I just picked up Uprising for the first time since last year and I can't get use to the controls I just destroyed the reset bomb factory or whatever.

D

Deleted member

Ah. I know very little of Latin.

Oh, btw, Dark Pit's theme is definitely stage material, if this Brawl hack is anything to go by.

I know it's not of a Kid Icarus stage, but the music just....fits as stage music.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't care what might be the Kid Icarus stage, but if Dark Pit's Theme is not among the Kid Icarus songs, I will be very disappointed.

Having the Gerudo Valley theme and Dark Pit's Theme on the same game would make the soundtrack awesome already.

Dark Pit vs. Ganondorf, both dressed as bullfighters. :shades:

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm kind of surprised at the amount of posts in this thread since the first one on this page.
There was more on the initial character discussion thread and then it got locked and everyone migrated to this thread; and used it for general Smash topics and the occasional derp

D

Deleted member

No, he's saying he's surprised at the amount of posts since the first one on this page.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah. there is more posts per page from the previous default configuration...

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
So do you all think that the set of powers Megaman has in smash 4 will be the music tracks he might get as well? Among others. I was just running the themes through my head. Adding Wily 1 among them of course.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
So do you all think that the set of powers Megaman has in smash 4 will be the music tracks he might get as well? Among others. I was just running the themes through my head. Adding Wily 1 among them of course.
It maybe likely; I'm hoping they expand the selection of songs from what Brawl offered.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Considering the only obstacle with music is memory, I'm sure the Wii U version can feature a massive amount of songs, considering the discs can hold up to 25 GB of memory.

It could happen that the 3DS version will have less music than the Wii U version.

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Considering the only obstacle with music is memory, I'm sure the Wii U version can feature a massive amount of songs, considering the discs can hold up to 25 GB of memory.

It could happen that the 3DS version will have less music than the Wii U version.
Sounds right. I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS version doesn't have as many tunes. Probably will still be able to get quite a number though. Also it annoyed me how Sonic's vocal tunes were cut in half haha. Probably was to save space or loop better though.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I always wondered why out of all the songs they could have picked from the Sonic series for Brawl, they picked Scrap Brain Zone...

Lol, it aint a bad song at all but still, it's like why

Jedisupersonic

NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I always wondered why out of all the songs they could have picked from the Sonic series for Brawl, they picked Scrap Brain Zone...

I wondered this as well. They could have put in like Chemical Plant Zone or Stardust Speedway [Bad Future] or Green Forest! Or Or.. I could go on really for ages

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hope this is one of them, then

Yea I wouldn't mind having less music on the 3DS version.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would like to hear Ganondorf Battle theme from Ocarina of Time on the Gerudo Valley stage. I mean, Gerudo Valley serves as Ganon's home stage too, since he's the King of the Gerudo.

Now we need Bowser's Castle or Airships to give Bowser a home stage too.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Well it is the theme for the final 3 levels in the Original Sonic the Hedgehog, it's sort of an iconic song.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like to hear Magolor's battle themes from Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
They could also include this.

I know I posted this earlier, but it's a good song and music is the current topic, so.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I would like to hear Ganondorf Battle theme from Ocarina of Time on the Gerudo Valley stage. I mean, Gerudo Valley serves as Ganon's home stage too, since he's the King of the Gerudo.

Now we need Bowser's Castle or Airships to give Bowser a home stage too.
Spirit Temple theme!

And yes, Bowser deserves a stage. Two, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom