• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Kid Icarus: Uprising is one amazing game with an amazing soundtrack and memorable characters.

Among the best games I've played ever.
It's also insanely hard on 9.0 intensity, which isn't a bad thing at all.

Seeing as there isn't much from the two first Kid Icarus games that hasn't been in Uprising, I expect that most Kid Icarus content will be based on Uprising.

Nintendo should really consider continuing this series now that has been revived. I think an RPG based on this universe would work well.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Specifically, it was SF4. He tweeted a pic of a guide that showed the hitboxes and he showed a page of Ken's attacks.

Thank God he wasn't using MvC3 as a hitbox reference.
What? Don't you want Meta Knight to have Vanilla Wolverine's divekick hitbox? :awesome:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's not like Sakurai simply ripped songs from other games... I mean he did that for a few, but he also did these things called remixes?
Depends on the game in question. Uprising is one of those games where a remix really isn't needed due to it's already largely orchestrated and big budget soundtrack. Keeping things on Kid Icarus, we'll probably see remixes of the NES/Gameboy songs mixed in with unaltered tracks from the Land Battles/Character & Menu Themes.

Mike Jones from StarTropics and Captain N. They should be in Smash.
Captain N's not a video game character. It is too bad that StarTropics doesn't get any love though.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
TIME FOR A CHANGE OF PACE!

http://gematsu.com/2013/06/atlus-parent-company-files-for-bankruptcy

Looks like the company Atlus might be in some deep trouble if the parent company is going to collapse.

That had better not delay or heavens forbid halt the production of Persona 5. If it does, I'll cry. Forever. I'd think the money they're going to make (more of it, anyway) when SMT4 is released here will help them for a bit. It's not like their games aren't going to keep selling well.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
From Sakurai via Miiverse

I wanted to thank you for all the posts. It’s not just me who reads them—so do other Smash Bros. staff members and other people who work with us. (Sorry for being unable to respond to your questions.)
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAABAADOUV5154RaxA

Too bad character popularity was gaged long before Miiverse. It's always nice to know they read those things.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Kid Icarus: Uprising is one amazing game with an amazing soundtrack and memorable characters.

Seeing as there isn't much from the two first Kid Icarus games that hasn't been in Uprising, I expect that most Kid Icarus content will be based on Uprising.

Nintendo should really consider continuing this series now that has been revived. I think an RPG based on this universe would work well.
They better continue the series. They made Uprising with all that + those promotional anime shorts (and chocolates in Japan), not to mention Uprising provided Nintendo another potential series with talkative characters next to Starfox, except the dialogue is much more hilarious. One of the things Nintendo needs is more games with some dialogue imo, which shows off more character personalities. You have the cool and confident, but easily-embarrassed (and flustered) Pit, and the kind-hearted and "full-of-tease" humorous Palutena as 2 of those examples.
So many things they can do for the series, but as long as they keep Pit looking the way he is with a good voice actor.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
One of the things I would love that to happen with Smash is for them to do soundtrack mash ups.
Its an Nintendo all star mash-up game after all

I think whatever made up my ass before just exploded. I don't think ever actually DONE that level because of how insanely hard F-Zero X (and F-Zero games in general) are. My god, such a great game and soundtrack though!

We need another F-Zero game! One day...one day...

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ah yes, and speaking of Miiverse, there are a surprising amount of pictures of Sonic made in the Super Smash Bros. section, sometimes even paired up with Mega Man in some way.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Ironic that Miyamoto can't come up with new ideas for a F-Zero game yet he has no problem making Mario 3D Land HD Edition. Cat Suit & Multiplayer? La dee ****ing da. >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ironic that Miyamoto can't come up with new ideas for a F-Zero game yet he has no problem making Mario 3D Land HD Edition. Cat Suit & Multiplayer? La dee ****ing da. >_>
Don't know what your talking about

3D Mario World looks fantastic

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Speaking of Mario 3D world and Mario Kart 8, I neglected to look up for any Demo video's of these games along with Wind Waker HD since I've been too preoccupied with Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS. Gotta check them out if their there.

And yeah, I actually do think that Mario 3D world is looking pretty good although I'm not really a huge fan of how awkward Peach looks in that Cat-Suit, I don't really know why....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But it doesn't seem like 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy though.
Seems more like 3D land, only a sequel to it
It doesn't even look anything like 3D Mario Land to me, not to mention it's added importance to multiplayer which was never a part of 3D Mario Land.

TBH it looks like a wonderful new take on the mushroom kingdom.

People make fun of the cat suit, but at least it's something that hasn't been done in Mario before. It's a welcome change from something like the squirrel suit which SUCKED

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Super Mario 3D World is already confirmed to be a big disappointment, so don't even bother. Unless of course you're into disappointments, then be my guest.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Not saying the game is awful, but I was expecting their new 3D Mario game to be a lot more ambitious then 3D World honestly.
But I guess Nintendo just has to play it safe once the Wii U actually starts getting good sales.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is what makes me upset. Adding an acorn suit is nothing earth shattering either. The least they can do for F-zero is remake classic tracks in HD and include online multiplayer. Is that too much to ask for?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I thought I was the only one (besides that one part in Family Guy with the drill sergeant) who says that. >.<
Though honestly, I want to see new Mario stuff. None of the kart stuff, none of the generic common things so far. Why not make bosses tougher and not take just 3 hits to beat, and Bowser not be defeated by falling of a platform you destroy? Maybe give Bowser lightning from his claw tips? Give him a blade to wield just like the Smash Bros Bowser? That includes giving the Koopalings unique stuff, like Ludwig with menacing music with a music baton thing and Lemmy (the one with the ball?) a circus theme.

And while they're at it, come up with more music instead of just reusing the same ones all the time! At least they given Uprising a lot of variety alone, and I'm sure I got plenty more ideas.

EDIT: Speaking of 3D land, isn't most of the bosses just Boom Boom and Pom Pom doing the SAME moves in different environments, while still taking only 3 hits to beat? Come on... variety, people!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well that's a shame. :/

I actually do kinda miss the huge hub worlds that Mario 64 and Sunshine had. Especially Sunshine. It would have been pretty nice if they did a mix of that. A hub world set in the Mushroom Kingdom where you can explore Peach's Castle as well as Toad Town and all over the places in there are these little secrets and hidden levels you can explore. As well as places where you can explore new levels and all. So sort of a mix of Peach's Castle, Delfino Plaza and Toad Town from Mario Galaxy 1.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's my issue with Nintendo right now. At least Nintendo EAD. (I have no issue with Sakurai, who is in fact one of my all-time favorite developers. Also Next-Level Games and Retro are pretty good.)

They are afraid to branch out. I wanted the new Mario to be...something. I actually had a time-traveling Mario game, with the Galaxy or Sunshine 3D style. (Not Mario's Time Machine...ugh...)

Just...there's so much potential and they just ignore it!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
To be honest, I don't even think Miyamoto is that involved with 3D World, since he's been busy with Pikmin 3.

I could be wrong...

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I would be lying if I said I was excited for 3D World.

I was expecting something fresh, something new. Like Sunshine was to 64, and Galaxy was to Sunshine. But instead we got Mario 3D land with co-op, cat-suits and clear pipes. Not saying that anything is wrong with that it's just that I played 3D Land, and i think i know what to expect from this game.

4 player local co-op is cool, but I think 4 player online co-op would be an amazing experience for people who don't have family that live in the area.

Sure the game will be amazing, and it will be critically acclaimed like the rest of them were, but for the first time I can say I am not interested in a 3D Mario game.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
When your spin off kart racing game looks more promising than your mainstream platformer, you know you're doing something wrong.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I think its 15. I could be wrong I'll try to check a Wiki.

The only song i want from KI:U is this right here.

EDIT: Yeah it's 15.
Yeah, that's a good song but I'll raise you one. 1:50 and on was the perfect song for the start of a battle.

I heard this song while watching a gameplay when trying to see the Palutena battle and instantly stopped to find out this music.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Agreed. Not sure what you mean by an RPG but personally I'd like to see another classic platforming game in vein to the original two games.

Bought the OST a few weeks ago off Amazon, one of the best investments I've made. Funny thing is before I did buy it, I'd carry my 3DS around my campus and listen to Soundtest mode while I studied.

But because this is the internet there are few complaints that I have about the game:

1. Don't lower the forcefully difficulty level when we get a game over.
2. Don't let Yellow/Orange Powers be stack-able.
3. Why the heck does the Bumblebee power last so long. Nerf it.
4. Increase health bars online. Make it harder to get instant KOs.
5. Change the Barrel Roll AT in Air Battles to a simple double tap of the D-Pad like Running/Dodging in Land Battles.
6. Add references to Of Myths and Monsters.
7. Add search options when fusing weapons.
8. Get rid of the random weapons you get when you become an angel. It's not fun to originally be using a Bow and then suddenly be stuck with a club.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bumblebee was one of my biggest peeves in the game, and I refused to use it unless I Power Thief'd it. Almost everyone is relying on that if not Aries/Slip Shot wars + the Evasion mod thing, or speed + bumblebee spam (see Ninja and Brawler sets), and no comment bout those who need to "clone" to get good weapons. And I do hate getting bad weapons as the angel, as I'm very terrible with staffs.

Nonetheless, at least the series was revived, but I'm sure they could do more for it.

*eagar to add more KI fans to Skype*

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Hey all. I'm back. I see we got on a KI Uprising topic, I really want to get the gaaaame but I only got my 3DS recently. First game priority was FE Awakening. Must get KI whenever possible.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Super Mario 3D World is already confirmed to be a big disappointment, so don't even bother. Unless of course you're into disappointments, then be my guest.
I loved 3D Land but I'm in the boat that was hoping for a more expansive 3D game like 64/Sunshine/Galaxy. Am glad they brought back multiple playable characters instead of just Mario clones like in the NSMB series, but still it does feel like something that should have been saved for later in the Wii U lifespan instead of being touted as the next Galaxy.

BTW have they deconfirmed online multiplayer with the game yet?

Bumblebee was one of my biggest peeves in the game, and I refused to use it unless I Power Thief'd it. Almost everyone is relying on that if not Aries/Slip Shot wars + the Evasion mod thing, or speed + bumblebee spam (see Ninja and Brawler sets), and no comment bout those who need to "clone" to get good weapons. And I do hate getting bad weapons as the angel, as I'm very terrible with staffs.
Powers online really need to balanced all around. I've had matches where I can't do **** unless I'm running a Reflect Barrier because the entire team's running Bumblebee + Energy Charge mixed with 6 Star Ranged Weapons with + 3 range & homing.

Haven't heard much about cloning weapons, but if that we're people are getting those weapons like example I just gave I'm going to be pissed.

Would also be nice to receive more hearts per match online. It sucks that it takes 5 matches just to get 1000 hearts when it only takes a few minutes in single player.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Only theme I'll expect is Dark Pit's theme because it's of the chain compared to the rest of the soundtrack. Speaking of Dark Pit, he one of the few Nintendo dark doppelgangers that actually had some great character development. I actually find him way more likable than the likes of Dark Samus and Dark Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom