• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I have yet to suggest new FE characters on here yet and I've played all 13 games :p
Well, then, might I suggest a FE character that you may like to suggest/support? He's quite the handsome devil if I do say so myself.

[collapse=Warning: his beauty is blinding!]

Oliver is the champion of beauty. More over Princess Peach, Zelda, and Martha cuz this bad boy is the prettiest princess of them all! Oliver is a boss in Path of Radiance, but a playable character in Radiant Dawn. So I think his chances are pretty good. Plus he has the sickest theme.

:troll:[/collapse]

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Pac Man will probably be one of those characters who a lot of us will probably like better after we see him in action. That said, I still do believe there are better options than him (and no I don't mean other Namco Bandai characters).

But if he does get in I would really hope they use this song as the main stage theme:

You chose a great song and i agree with what you said about Pac-Man. (liking him better after seeing him in action)

TheKingOfTown

Smash Apprentice
Well, then, might I suggest a FE character that you may like to suggest/support? He's quite the handsome devil if I do say so myself.

[collapse=Warning: his beauty is blinding!]

Oliver is the champion of beauty. More over Princess Peach, Zelda, and Martha cuz this bad boy is the prettiest princess of them all! Oliver is a boss in Path of Radiance, but a playable character in Radiant Dawn. So I think his chances are pretty good. Plus he has the sickest theme.

:troll:[/collapse]
Can't possibly beat Gheb.

:troll:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Posting Pac-Man music now?

@Fatmanonice: RIGHT. Forgot about that. Sorry.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So many characters being discussed at once.

Toad, FE guys, Pac Man.

Head is spinning. Failure to compute. Error. Error. Error.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Love the Forest themes in Pac-Man World 2, as well as most of the soundtrack.

AvengerX94

Smash Cadet
Posting Pac-Man music now?

@Fatmanonice: RIGHT. Forgot about that. Sorry.

If Pac-Man were to be added to the roster, I feel this would fit perfectly for his time of shining in adventure mode.

Thanks for the nostalgia by the way.:awesome:
EDIT: Thank going to TheFirstPoppyBro

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If Pac-Man were to be added to the roster, I feel this would fit perfectly for his time of shining in adventure mode.
Thanks for the nostalgia by the way.:awesome:

I've done myself in. I'm stuck listening to the nostalgic soundtrack. SO GOOD~ :chuckle:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still think Pac Man should be revealed alongside Luigi as a returning veteran. Imagining Luigi investigating his mansion and running into Pac Man gobbling up ghosts is just an awesome thought that ranks up with the way they revealed WFT and Mega Man for me.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
If characters have individual bosses (like Yellow Devil for MegaMan), I want this as Pac-Man's boss's theme.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still think Pac Man should be revealed alongside Luigi as a returning veteran. Imagining Luigi investigating his mansion and running into Pac Man gobbling up ghosts is just an awesome thought that ranks up with the way they revealed WFT and Mega Man for me.

Okay, that'd actually be pretty cool. XD

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That would make for a great CG trailer.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
And that totally makes him better than the last main hero, Toad. Who's been in pretty much almost every Mario game ever made.(almost as much as Mario himself) They can both get in, and yes, the fact that both Toad and Waluigi are in gameplay does say something. It means they already have moving character models, making animating them far easier. They both have an attack.

Bowser Jr. barely has a trophy in Smash. He doesn't have what those two have. And likewise, Dr. Mario still beats him out too. Jr. is on the low list of character options, along with Geno, Paper Mario, Mallow, and other such pure Mario characters. Of course Jr. wouldn't get into Brawl. Nobody was expecting him to. We do think he has a chance for Smash 4, but he's beaten out by a lot of more prominent characters. Including Toad.
Toad is in every Mario game as an uninteresting side character though. Even now, that he's playable in the NSMB series, he's still incredibly uninteresting and doesn't have much to offer in terms of fighting. Geno and Mallow have a cult following, but nothing aside from that. They've been in one Mario game, and never appeared again, and it's unlikely that they'll be in SSB4. A lot of people wouldn't be able to recognize them, or even know of their existence. Waluigi has a character model with an attack, but so does the robot from Custom Robo.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Also, you guys agree that there needs to be a Super Mario Galaxy/SMG2 stage, right? With SMG music and everything.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
This is another good one. Aww man, I'm into deep! I'm such a dirty nostalgia ***** :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I've never been that enthralled about the idea of Pac-Man being playable, but I know Sakurai will find an interesting way to implement him like he did with Megaman. Interesting note though. Megaman and Pac-Man were guest fighters in Street Fighter X Tekken. Would be rather funny that the same batch winds up as guest in Super Smash Bros. Tie into the fact that Megaman and Sonic the Hedgehog crossed over in that comic series as mentioned earlier and all of a sudden the common link between them both is Megaman. Perhaps I'm the only one that will find this humorous if it turns out to be true.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, I will proclaim that, believe it or not, a surprising amount of characters we proclaim to be obvious could be still considered a surprise to the general eye. I can say that probably the only new characters the general public would be familiar with would be Pac-man, varies Mario characters, Mii, Ridley, and (possibly) Little Mac. Other characters thrown around like Palutena, K. Rool, Chrom, Isaac, Shulk, Takamaru, Krystal, and such might be familiar to us, but to the eyes of a casual they are strangers. Which is actually a beneficial thing, because those characters still have a surprise factor and in general lead to a more positive reception.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
So when's this supposed Dojo update?

I've never been that enthralled about the idea of Pac-Man being playable, but I know Sakurai will find an interesting way to implement him like he did with Megaman. Interesting note though. Megaman and Pac-Man were guest fighters in Street Fighter X Tekken. Would be rather funny that the same batch winds up as guest in Super Smash Bros. Tie into the fact that Megaman and Sonic the Hedgehog crossed over in that comic series as mentioned earlier and all of a sudden the common link between them both is Megaman. Perhaps I'm the only one that will find this humorous if it turns out to be true.
And then Mario comes in. Three most iconic characters in gaming will now kill each other. :laugh:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toad is in every Mario game as an uninteresting side character though. Even now, that he's playable in the NSMB series, he's still incredibly uninteresting and doesn't have much to offer in terms of fighting. Geno and Mallow have a cult following, but nothing aside from that. They've been in one Mario game, and never appeared again, and it's unlikely that they'll be in SSB4. A lot of people wouldn't be able to recognize them, or even know of their existence. Waluigi has a character model with an attack, but so does the robot from Custom Robo.

And a lot of this is actually incorrect. Toad is one of the main playable characters in a ton of Mario Kart, some Mario Party games, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, Wario's Woods, and now, Super Mario 3D World. He's only a side character in the other series. And he did showing fighting moves in Wario's Woods, and a bootleg called Kart Fighter. Plus the old TV Show where he could clearly fight.

Geno is in two games, fyi. He makes a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. You were only right about Mallow. I'm seeing a serious lack of research here.

Also, who said Ray 02 wasn't a character people didn't want, either(Unless you have a better reason to use him as an example). Cause he is. Same with many non-generic race Assist Trophies. Lyndis, Tingle, Samurai Goroh, a lot want to see them playable. A bit less for Tingle, but the rest...

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Aw man, guys. You've got me trapped! Luigi and Pac-Man trailer with ghosts needs this.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Rosalina's Observatory would make such an awesome stage. I'd be surprised if we didn't get it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
And a lot of this is actually incorrect. Toad is one of the main playable characters in a ton of Mario Kart, some Mario Party games, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Super Mario Bros. 2 USA, Wario's Woods, and now, Super Mario 3D World. He's only a side character in the other series. And he did showing fighting moves in Wario's Woods, and a bootleg called Kart Fighter. Plus the old TV Show where he could clearly fight.

Geno is in two games, fyi. He makes a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. You were only right about Mario. I'm seeing a serious lack of research here.

Also, who said Ray 02 wasn't a character people didn't want, either(Unless you have a better reason to use him as an example). Cause he is. Same with many non-generic race Assist Trophies. Lyndis, Tingle, Samurai Goroh, a lot want to see them playable. A bit less for Tingle, but the rest...
I'm aware of all that; I'm referring to canon Mario games. i.e SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, and so on. I'm also aware of the cameo; that was an RPG game starring Mario, so it was a nice little touch they added. I'm not talking about characters people WANT I'm talking about characters that are likely to be playable in SSB4. I WANT Banjo and Kazooie to be playable, but is that ever happening? No. Same with Geno and Mallow, I'd actually like Geno to be in the game, but he's not going to happen.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm aware of all that; I'm referring to canon Mario games. i.e SMB, SMB2, SMB3, SMW, and so on. I'm also aware of the cameo; that was an RPG game starring Mario, so it was a nice little touch they added. I'm not talking about characters people WANT I'm talking about characters that are likely to be playable in SSB4. I WANT Banjo and Kazooie to be playable, but is that ever happening? No. Same with Geno and Mallow, I'd actually like Geno to be in the game, but he's not going to happen.

Except they're all canon. Except the eduntainment games at best. And obviously Hotel Mario. Again, you're facing a serious lack of research. And Dr. Mario, as Miyamoto put it.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/09/24/miyamoto-tezuka-interview.aspx Read for yourself.

Miyamoto made it very specific that all the games happen and that every character is pretty much an actor. Likewise, there's no actual Mario canon specifically.

Also, Super Mario Bros. 2 USA is part of the canon as well. And unlike Banjo & Kazooie, Geno is legitimately possible since Square-Enix isn't on a leash to anyone like Rare is to Microsoft.

Toad is very likely to be playable. Bowser Jr. doesn't have anything pointing towards him as of right now.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, you are talking about characters who are likely to be playable in SSB4? Well, all signs seem to point at Toad as the most likely Mario newcomer.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (return of playable Toads in main Mario games since SMB2)
New Super Mario Bros. U
New Super Luigi U
Super Mario 3D World (return of Toad's SMB2 speed)

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (all Nintendo costumes are from Smash playable characters and yet Toad is one of the costumes - Namco is making SSB4 :troll:)
Nintendo Land (Miis dress up as Toads in Mario Chase)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom