• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
.......you know i kinda wonder if sakurai has seriously payed attention to all the backlash brawl received...I have a feeling this might of been brought on due to that.

In some ways i'ma starting to feel kinda bad for the guy...
Listening to the complaints of the competitive scene would be a rather SOUL DESTROYING experience. Good thing he won't since that would only result in a bad game.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
As a competitive player; I'd probably suggest the removal of all the major chain-grabs/strings/whatever, fixing glitches like RCO lag, improved balance, removal of tripping, a better offense/defense balance and slightly faster game-play.

If you think that would result in a bad game, maybe you should just stick with Brawl.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Why do I always miss the good **** like this when it happens lol

Nice to see we got a whole subforum now for this, though. Can't wait for the DOJO

:phone:

LLDL

Smash Hero
The title better be sick, not just Smash Bros Wii and 3DS (I know those aren't the titles)

Actually SMASH BROS 4 is a decent title ; p

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Starting the threads over again, huh? Nice. My desired newcomers for SSB4 are over here.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Watch this be so different and see everyone *****ing.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Please keep all general discussion limited to this thread and all character discussion in the respective character boards.
What exactly counts as general discussion if we can't add in a little character discussion?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Namco will be listening to us unlike Nintendo which I'm really happy to hear!
We should spread things we all would like not just characters and small things like that but serious technical gameplay and whatnot.
Project M can easily speak for itself and I'm sure Namco has already seen it themselves.
Talking about the technical mechanics and balancing may create a big Smash Bros title like Smash Bros Melee.
I don't see why Brawl players don't like the idea of having the depth Melee had, I mean
Smash Bros Melee is both Casual and Competitive. You can't say no to that! I think its what everyone should agree with. Lets spread our thoughts to Namco!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What exactly counts as general discussion if we can't add in a little character discussion?
Maybe this thread is for discussing gameplay mechanics, game modes like Target Test and Board the Platforms, and whatever crumbs of information Sakurai might have that you all are starving for! :troll:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Which kind of reminds me, anyone else want Race to The Finish returning in classic mode? Maybe with variations of the obstacle course depending on the character?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I think it would be amazing if the Race to the Finish was a bit more like Melee's Adventure Mode. I mean, like Mario characters' Race to the Finish is set in Mushroom Kingdom... and Zelda characters' Race to the Finish is set in Hyrule... and so on.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I don't see why Brawl players don't like the idea of having the depth Melee had, I mean
Smash Bros Melee is both Casual and Competitive. You can't say no to that! I think its what everyone should agree with. Lets spread our thoughts to Namco!
We've been through this before, no one said they didn't like the depth Melee had. You remain desne after all these months.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't like the depth Melee had because it spawned people like him.

One of the many curses of that game.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
LOL
This smash bros could bring the community back together and there are people that don't like Melee depth but all brawl did was take off competitiveness. Why not just have it all together?
And ofcourse Brawl players tend to hate on us. Most Melee players gave up on this coming Smash Bros but since Namco is helping I can see some good stuff coming :)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What is it with people and tournament players. I swear, Smash Bros. is the one series I see that has this. What the heck?

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Smashboards should just make a technical talk on the smash bros 4 discussion....

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Smashboards should just make a technical talk on the smash bros 4 discussion....
The only problem is that we have no idea as to how this game will play. We could have discussions on potential mechanics, but that won't happen and from my experiences, it's gonna cause a great divide whether we like it or not.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Better start learning to use a Pro Controller.
I hope that thing has triggers that slide in. That was the best thing about gamecube controllers. Those triggers were just to fun to press. but Why did nintendo think It was a good idea to only have one Z button? I never got that XD
Seriously though loving that Pro Controller.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
The only problem is that we have no idea as to how this game will play. We could have discussions on potential mechanics, but that won't happen and from my experiences, it's gonna cause a great divide whether we like it or not.
It'll only cause another split if smash brothers is bad again.(bad for some of us Melee players that is omg)
But for now well i don't get why no one talks a little about mechanics and things like that. :/

Pseudomaniac

Smash Journeyman
From what I've seen, it's not Melee's competitive depth that makes some people dislike it; it's the fact that it isn't anywhere near as "smooth" as Brawl, and thus feels a bit "choppy" and overly-frantic at times. Well, choppy isn't really the right word, but it's the closest I can think of. For example, I have friends that strongly preferred Brawl to Melee, yet when I showed them Project M, which combined Melee's depth and speed with Brawl's smoothness along with a large and effective re-balancing of characters (people seem to forget that the majority of Melee's cast was fairly weak against the top tiers just because Brawl was worse), they couldn't go back to standard Brawl.

Anyhow, the announcement of Sora's partnership with Namco-Bandai made me more excited than any piece of video gaming news has in a very long time. I'm looking forward to SSB4 and hopefully Nintendo will release more good Wii U games so I can justify buying the system for more than just Smash.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
That would be the most boring thread ever.

"They should decrease the number of frames for that Utilt by 9." "This hitbox should be expanded by 17%." "Increase the damage output of that Fair by 2."

"MAKE EVERYTHING GO FASTER."

"Any ideas for some convoluted mechanic that's really hard to do so that I can master it and feel good about myself."

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
Better start learning to use a Pro Controller.
I hope that thing has triggers that slide in. That was the best thing about gamecube controllers. Those triggers were just to fun to press. but Why did nintendo think It was a good idea to only have one Z button? I never got that XD
Seriously though loving that Pro Controller.

I'm going to be trying both but I'm thinking I'm going with this MadCatz Control seems more logical for smash bros.
it'd be weird jumping then dair-ing or something with the Wii U Pro Control lol

From what I've seen, it's not Melee's competitive depth that makes some people dislike it; it's the fact that it isn't anywhere near as "smooth" as Brawl, and thus feels a bit "choppy" and overly-frantic at times. Well, choppy isn't really the right word, but it's the closest I can think of. For example, I have friends that strongly preferred Brawl to Melee, yet when I showed them Project M, which combined Melee's depth and speed with Brawl's smoothness along with a large and effective re-balancing of characters (people seem to forget that the majority of Melee's cast was fairly weak against the top tiers just because Brawl was worse), they couldn't go back to standard Brawl.

Anyhow, the announcement of Sora's partnership with Namco-Bandai made me more excited than any piece of video gaming news has in a very long time. I'm looking forward to SSB4 and hopefully Nintendo will release more good Wii U games so I can justify buying the system for more than just Smash.
I do like Project M but it is still in development but it still doesn't feel as right.
Melee has a really good feel I mean how do you think we move quickly and freely without problems

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Maybe some DLC?
Wouldn't it be awesome if you could download stages made by other people.
The ability to search for stages and view the most downloaded ones would be nice.
Speaking of the Stage editor. I want the ability to make stages like the Bridge of Eldin and Flatzone where if you walked off the left or right ya died. In the current editor you are limited to traditional Floating Islands.

Nine

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Philip
3DS FC
2294-4620-8242
That would be the most boring thread ever.

"They should decrease the number of frames for that Utilt by 9." "This hitbox should be expanded by 17%." "Increase the damage output of that Fair by 2."

"MAKE EVERYTHING GO FASTER."

"Any ideas for some convoluted mechanic that's really hard to do so that I can master it and feel good about myself."
Same goes with character discussions.
lol
"I want harry potter for smash bros it makes sense if you think about it!"
"Guys Geno's making it this time"
"Ridley he was a boss this time he'll be a character zomg"

people like talking about different things.
I love the FGC for all the wide topics there are.
Here its just character discussions :/

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Harry Potter doesn't make sense when you stop and critically think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom