• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Finished installing the new motherboard in my PSP. And.....

Well, at least it turns on now. Now to see about getting a new screen....

And the UMD drive doesn't work either. Lovely. :urg:

I'm starting to wonder if it would've just been better to buy a new PSP....

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil in Melee thanks to a bonus disc? Interesting...

The unlock message does indeed say that Leon Kennedy was unlocked.

This is the unlocking message: あなたがギフトのキャラクターをアンロック!レオンケネディは今あなたのものです!
Translated, it is something like this: "You unlocked a gift character! Leon Kennedy is now yours!"

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil in Melee thanks to a bonus disc? Interesting...

The unlock message does indeed say that Leon Kennedy was unlocked.

This is the unlocking message: あなたがギフトのキャラクターをアンロック!レオンケネディは今あなたのものです!
Translated, it is something like this: "You unlocked a gift character! Leon Kennedy is now yours!"
And they say Snake was a stretch!

Also, was able to put it on the Melee boards (giving credit where credit is due).

But, this could mean something.
Implying they're all different. We could have five characters who we've never seen.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
By the way, I dissected the phrase and translated each of its element for clarification:
あなた = You
が = (Subject particle)
ギフトのキャラクター = Gift character
を = (Object particle)
アンロック = Unlock
レオンケネディ = Leon Kennedy
は = (Topic particle)
今 = Now
あなたのもの = Your thing
です = Is

With this, I learned two words in Japanese. Had to use a dictionary to be able to fully translate this. (Reminds me of when I was learning English...)

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I finally defeated that Taurus Demon boss thingy in Dark Souls.

I am now being bombarded by a dragon on a bridge. I got to the middle of the bridge and went down. Was able to knockdown a ladder for easy access to the bonfire. I then go back to the bridge, but I stay under it as the dragon seems incapable of hurting me on it. So I shoot my bow and arrows at it's tail. I don't seem to be doing any damage to it at all. So I just travel under the bridge some more. There was this little archway. I go through it, right at entering I encounter some pretty big rats, like 3 or 4 of them. While fighting them I somehow ended up doing a backwards slash and fell down. Dying again.

BUT I FINALLY BEAT THAT BOSS ON THE BILLIONTH TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem.

That's awesome.

D

Deleted member

....the ****?

No seriously, the ****? Is that real?

EDIT: Wait a tick.
Connor Rentz/MachRiderX/Dr.MarioX showed these off?

......I'm gonna need a large Big Mac meal to take the salt with those cards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
That's so obviously fake it's not funny. His explanation for why they don't work doesn't even make a lick of sense.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As much I had a big obsession with the e-Reader, I'm not sure of the legitimacy of this thing.

Does the ISO of Melee (most likely the Japanese release) make ANY reference to the e-Reader in its data? If not, I want to say fake.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As much I had a big obsession with the e-Reader, I'm not sure of the legitimacy of this thing.

Does the ISO of Melee (most likely the Japanese release) make ANY reference to the e-Reader in its data? If not, I want to say fake.
But doesn't it go through a bonus disk?

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Rewatching the video, I'm now beginning to notice some weird things about it. Namely that he didn't show him scanning the e-Reader cards, and he didn't show the video on the disc.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings

No coding signifies E-reader compatibility.

Also, no coding signifies anything relating to Leon, nor would it be possible to inscribe an entire character onto an E-Reader card.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
No coding signifies E-reader compatibility.

Also, no coding signifies anything relating to Leon, nor would it be possible to inscribe an entire character onto an E-Reader card.
Well, to be the neutral ground here.
Who's to say it isn't like DLC? Simply put.
The E-Cards unlock the character on the disk, and is then transferred into the Memory Card.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The E-Cards unlock the character on the disk, and is then transferred into the Memory Card.
You cannot unlock something that isn't in the game to begin with, like I just said.

E-Reader cards to begin with cannot hold much data, and even a simple game like Donkey Kong requires 5 cards.

Last edited:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
If that was true, then the character would have had to already be on the Melee disc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You cannot unlock something that isn't in the game to begin with, like I just said.

E-Reader cards to begin with cannot hold much data, and even a simple game like Donkey Kong requires 5 cards.
Well, for one.
There's multiple cards used. And we're not even sure if the character is even available.
Two, maybe not the E-Cards. But what about the bonus disk?

If that was true, then the character would have had to already be on the Melee disc.
Once again, there is a such thing called add-on DLC.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Found the artwork he used for the silhouette.

It's from Resident Evil 4.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Pretty much the biggest reason to oust this thing;
Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005, after Sakurai left Hal Labs and was in the planning stage of Brawl's development, also after the Nintendo DS' came out, which supposedly the event that was to show this off was also supposed to show off.

Why in the Hell would Leon Kennedy of all characters be meant to appear as an add-on to Melee?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Pretty much the biggest reason to oust this thing;
Resident Evil 4 came out in 2005, after Sakurai left Hal Labs and was in the planning stage of Brawl's development, also after the Nintendo DS' came out, which supposedly the event that was to show this off was also supposed to show off.

Why in the Hell would Leon Kennedy of all characters be meant to appear as an add-on to Melee?
This isn't even considering the limitations of the E-Reader itself, no data supporting this, and the lack of information regarding to all this.

As for why Leon Kennedy, because shut up.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The guy could have at least not used Leon's RE4 picture when making this. Eh, I suppose it was an ok fake nonetheless.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Aww, and the Phosphora Bow was my fave.
Oh well. It also says it can deliver tornadoes at opponents, and we get to see a new Pit facial expression (You'll get revenge Pit, no worries).

You hear that cheap old MK? You're gonna get outclassed when it comes to tornadoes.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Aww, and the Phosphora Bow was my fave.
Oh well. It also says it can deliver tornadoes at opponents, and we get to see a new Pit facial expression (You'll get revenge Pit, no worries).

You hear that cheap old MK? You're gonna get outclassed when it comes to tornadoes.

I have a bunch of favorite weapons.

Viridi Claws, (Still need to find some awesome ones though...)
Viridi Palm
Phosphora Bow
Virgo Palm (I like this more just because I'm a virgo. :p)
Aurum Sword
Aurum Palm
Rose Staff
Cancer Claws

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. :3

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Something tells me the e-Reader thing was meant to be an April Fool's joke (which is next week). He should have waited until then.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how much involvement HAL Laboratory had in making Brawl? I checked out their website, but Brawl isn't listed under their works like Melee and 64 are. I had heard that they didn't have much involvement with Brawl, so I guess that confirms it. I imagine it'll be the same for Smash 4.

I wonder if it was their choice not to work on the recent Smash games. I mean, it's obvious that they care about the series, what with all of the references to Smash and other Nintendo franchises in Kirby. Why then isn't HAL working with Sora and Bamco? Too much hassle with three different companies in the mix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom