• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash 4 Social Topic 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The 3DS is apparently incapable of emulating GBA games well.
With the ambassador games, the 3DS plays them through the DS mode's GBA mode, which means it can't access any 3DS features.
By this logic, wouldn't the 3DS be able to emulate no wireless features, but still play the games? Since the 3DS can use DS mode, which can play the games, therefore it should be able to. Just no wireless and the like, sadly.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
By this logic, wouldn't the 3DS be able to emulate no wireless features, but still play the games? Since the 3DS can use DS mode, which can play the games, therefore it should be able to. Just no wireless and the like, sadly.
Still like to play them though.
That doesn't change...

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
A few hours ago before I woke up, I had a dream that a Celebi was on the pic of the day and the comment was something about being in Smash with a newcomer.
So I looked on the internet and saw that the previous pic of the day introduced the Grovyle from PMD2 as a playable character.

The dream was actually a bit upsetting; one, because I overslept and missed both pics, and two, because it made my custom Grovyle model feel redundant...

I've been going to sleep before the pic of the day would arrive this week, so that may have had something to do with the dream.

Just finished Snake Eater for the 3rd time.

EVA really makes you want to play the game over and over again.
I've never actually owned or played any Metal Gear games, but I've watched many walkthoughs of the games and know about the characters and storylines.

MGS3 is pretty cool. The characters in nearly all the Metal Gear games I've seen have some memorable characters, but Snake Eater tops them.

Young Ocelot, The Boss, Volgin, The Pain, The Fury, and The End. Great characters.

MGS4 was cool, too. Lots of strong feelings in that one when you play the previous games and watch everything come together and come to a close.

I have to thank Brawl for actually making me interested in the series in the first place. For several years, I didn't care to learn more about Metal Gear despite the series being in Smash, but in late 2012, I finally decided to do research.

I still haven't fully watched any playthroughs of Peace Walker, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and any of the noncanon games like Ghost Babel and Acid, but I know about the general storylines and bosses for those games.

-----

@ the Sonic topic:
Yep, it's real. The low frame rate of the video made me wonder if it was some G-Mod video at first.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sonic lost world zelda&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=sonic lost world zelda dlc&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I kinda want Sonic lost World now just from this alone.

---

And about the SSBM E-Reader Leon Kennedy thing...

99% sure it's fake, but if it was real, wouldn't there'd be some data about the unlock message and such and maybe even some empty files for Leon in the ISO, like there was for Mewtwo in Brawl? And would there some stuff for Leon in the debug menu?

----

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...Go on...
It's about a girl named Spica that has the screw of Edison in her brain, allowing her to create any invention she wants. Her face transforms into that of Edison when ever she's inventing and she has screws growing out of her head. The art style is awful, she's basically Momo from To Love Ru gone wrong, the male protagonist is generic, and almost every gag in the manga invokes the Uncanny Valley. Whatever you do, do not read that crap fest.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Why must you remind me of that nightmare of a manga. It's creepy.
It's absolutely horrible. Just don't ever read it. I made a mistake even reading a few chapters.
See. Above.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How the hell do you guys know about such weird manga? :laugh:

That face... >_>

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Because I still read Shonen Jump. Though I'm considering stopping reading Alpha because I've grown to dislike a lot of the manga.

And the Internet. The internet gets around and you just find things. That's what happened to me.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It's about a girl named Spica that has the screw of Edison in her brain, allowing her to create any invention she wants. Her face transforms into that of Edison when ever she's inventing and she has screws growing out of her head. The art style is awful, she's basically Momo from To Love Ru gone wrong, the male protagonist is generic, and almost every gag in the manga invokes the Uncanny Valley. Whatever you do, do not read that crap fest.
I swear.
Is there any manga that's both stupid in concept but dome well?!

Beautiful.

Please that's nothing!

I know an anime about living feces!
...I can explain.

That face... >_>
A masterpiece I know.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Dr. Slump? :troll:

But at least that's enjoyable due to due Arale's cutesy antics.
Well, bub.
I honestly don't know how I know, but it's something called "Unko-san" (which translates to that super special word we use when "poop" is not enough).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Speaking of manga, currently, I'm reading Fullmetal Alchemist. I have already watched the anime Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is the adaptation that follows the manga to the end, so I already know the full story. Anyway, it's must read/watch.

My current top 5 anime/manga series would be: Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist and Soul Eater. I'm also following Fairy Tail and Assassination Classroom, both of which are enjoyable and fun, but aren't really anything special either. I've also watched Sword Art Online, which I think it wasn't that good as some people say. Didn't really meet my expectations.

Now, FMA and Death Note are masterpieces. I loved both and deserve the praise they get.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I've also watched Sword Art Online, which I think it wasn't that good as some people say. Didn't really meet my expectations.
My goodness, someone actually agrees with me on this? Thank goodness.
Now, FMA and Death Note are masterpieces. I loved both and deserve the praise they get.
Indeed. They are actually great works that I enjoyed myself.

As for my favorite animes, I don't have a "favorite", but if I had to make a decision it would likely be between Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Hellsing Ultimate, Kill La Kill, and Dragon Ball.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
That Zelda level looks interesting.

EDIT: Speaking of anime, i hate Sword Art Online (I think it's trash) and love FLCL. I just felt like shoehorning things for no reason.

Last edited:

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
A few hours ago before I woke up, I had a dream that a Celebi was on the pic of the day and the comment was something about being in Smash with a newcomer.
So I looked on the internet and saw that the previous pic of the day introduced the Grovyle from PMD2 as a playable character.

The dream was actually a bit upsetting; one, because I overslept and missed both pics, and two, because it made my custom Grovyle model feel redundant...

I've been going to sleep before the pic of the day would arrive this week, so that may have had something to do with the dream.

I've never actually owned or played any Metal Gear games, but I've watched many walkthoughs of the games and know about the characters and storylines.

MGS3 is pretty cool. The characters in nearly all the Metal Gear games I've seen have some memorable characters, but Snake Eater tops them.

Young Ocelot, The Boss, Volgin, The Pain, The Fury, and The End. Great characters.

MGS4 was cool, too. Lots of strong feelings in that one when you play the previous games and watch everything come together and come to a close.

I have to thank Brawl for actually making me interested in the series in the first place. For several years, I didn't care to learn more about Metal Gear despite the series being in Smash, but in late 2012, I finally decided to do research.

I still haven't fully watched any playthroughs of Peace Walker, Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, and any of the noncanon games like Ghost Babel and Acid, but I know about the general storylines and bosses for those games.

-----

@ the Sonic topic:
Yep, it's real. The low frame rate of the video made me wonder if it was some G-Mod video at first.
https://www.google.com/search?q=sonic lost world zelda&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&channel=sb#channel=sb&q=sonic lost world zelda dlc&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

I kinda want Sonic lost World now just from this alone.

---

And about the SSBM E-Reader Leon Kennedy thing...

99% sure it's fake, but if it was real, wouldn't there'd be some data about the unlock message and such and maybe even some empty files for Leon in the ISO, like there was for Mewtwo in Brawl? And would there some stuff for Leon in the debug menu?

----
I really want to play Guns Of Patriots but because of a stupid decision I got a Xbox 360 instead of a Playstation 3.

I regret buying a 360 so much... I want the Uncharted trilogy...God Of War III...Twisted Metal...Sly Cooper Thieves in Time...inFAMOUS...Killzone...but I want Guns Of Patriots the most...

What does Microsoft have? Halo...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On the comedy spectrum, I've been following Space Dandy religiously ever since it was on Adult Swim. I love how it satirizes everything we know like sci-fi media, horror films, Hooters, bishounen, and many other things. Meow is everyone's favorite nerdy cat creature, QT is adorable with his autotuned voice, and Dandy is the groovy ******* that Johnny Bravo wish he was, baby! I do enjoy the antics of the other side characters like Dr. Gel and Bea (those incompetent villains that fail at everything like Pinky and the Brain). Vida Namida is also combined as my favorite anime opening for all Winter 2014 anime.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I really want to play Guns Of Patriots but because of a stupid decision I got a Xbox 360 instead of a Playstation 3.

I regret buying a 360 so much... I want the Uncharted trilogy...God Of War III...Twisted Metal...Sly Cooper Thieves in Time...inFAMOUS...Killzone...but I want Guns Of Patriots the most...

Try being me.
I have neither. And I've been dying to play Katamari.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
SAO was a flop when they reached the 10-12 episodes, it makes me anger because on paper it had so much potential, dammit. Let's see how this Phantom Bullet turns out.

This is actually pretty nice, Pikmin/Metroid/Kid Icarus DLC anyone?

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
The 3DS acts as a GBA while playing ambassador games, which means no Miiverse, no save states, no sleep mode, etc.. I'm not sure if Nintendo would like to sell titles like that. Also, accurate emulation is apparently pretty difficult; I doubt Nintendo wishes to have poor performance in any way with their official virtual console titles. I mean, they may be able to get GBA games up and running, but the sinking ship and all that.

I suppose "incapable" may have been a bit much, but accurate emulation isn't easy.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I suppose "incapable" may have been a bit much, but accurate emulation isn't easy.
Better than Microsoft's emulation, at the very least. They don't even have the rights to the system that read the Xbox discs, they had to emulate it!
Nintendo at the least is very careful with their work.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
SAO was a flop when they reached the 10-12 episodes, it makes me anger because on paper it had so much potential, dammit. Let's see how this Phantom Bullet turns out.

We need Megaman DLC.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
My goodness, someone actually agrees with me on this? Thank goodness.
I always felt SAO's second arc kind of dodged the initial premise of the story. The first arc's ending was very poorly executed too. The only thing worse I can think of would be the Soul Eater anime's ending.

As for my favorite animes, I don't have a "favorite", but if I had to make a decision it would likely be between Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, Hellsing Ultimate, Kill La Kill, and Dragon Ball.
Blue Exorcist is one of those anime that, while enjoyable on their own, are outclassed by the manga they're adapted from. Just like Soul Eater. The approach Attack on Titan had is better, in my opinion. Sure, it leaves the story to be finished, but paves way for a potential second season that could be produced once enough manga chapters are released.

Hopefully, both series eventually get the same treatment as FMA had with Brotherhood, by having adaptations that follow the manga's story completely. That would mean a long wait for Blue Exorcist though, considering how the manga's story is far from ending.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Blue Exorcist is one of those anime that, while enjoyable on their own, are outclassed by the manga they're adapted from. Just like Soul Eater. The approach Attack on Titan had is better, in my opinion. Sure, it leaves the story to be finished, but paves way for a potential second season that could be produced once enough manga chapters are released.
Indeed. My list of favorite manga is different but some remain as their manga counterparts are even better.
I do prefer to read it than watch it to stay involved.
And hopefully that second season for AoT comes soon. I don't want everyone I know having to read it!
Hopefully, both series eventually get the same treatment as FMA had with Brotherhood, by having adaptations that follow the manga's story completely. That would mean a long wait for Blue Exorcist though, considering how the manga's story is far from ending.
That's what happened with Hellsing Ultimate, and I'm sure it will make Blue's anime 5X better at the least.
Compare Hellsing (the anime) to it's Ultimate counterpart and there's a huge distinction.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Better than Microsoft's emulation, at the very least. They don't even have the rights to the system that read the Xbox discs, they had to emulate it!

I haven't heard of this. What's this about?
Nintendo at the least is very careful with their work.
A bit too careful, what with 50hz for PAL Wii U owners. Poor suckers lol.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Kid Icarus DLC would be perfect. This make me want to go buy Lost Worlds....

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I haven't heard of this. What's this about?
Microsoft never did have the rights to their disc-reading system, and eventually by the release of the 360 they lost the rights to the original system reader. As a result, they literally had to use a emulation system not included in the original 360 (included in hard drives, it has a special disc read program that emulates it) and have people pay 100$ to emulate their old games. It also suffers from horrible glitches on 1/2 the Xbox library. Only a handful work seamlessly. I bought an original Xbox just to play JSRF instead.

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Microsoft never did have the rights to their disc-reading system, and eventually by the release of the 360 they lost the rights to the original system reader. As a result, they literally had to use a emulation system not included in the original 360 (included in hard drives, it has a special disc read program that emulates it) and have people pay 100$ to emulate their old games. It also suffers from horrible glitches on 1/2 the Xbox library. Only a handful work seamlessly. I bought an original Xbox just to play JSRF instead.
Haha, oh wow. Now I think I remember something about this. I never really used the 360's "backwards compatibility" too much beyond Halo 2 and maybe a few other games. Really, if a console isn't going to have backwards compatibility, then I hope that it at least has a decent alternative.

What a mess.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Haha, oh wow. Now I think I remember something about this. I never really used the 360's "backwards compatibility" too much beyond Halo 2 and maybe a few other games. Really, if a console isn't going to have backwards compatibility, then I hope that it at least has a decent alternative.

What a mess.
The sadder part is that you can find an Xbox for cheap that's still in fantastic condition if you look the right place.
Microsoft made one serious messup with it, and the lack of serious backwards compatibility is what drew me off from their newer systems and what keeps me to Nintendo, and specifically, Pokemon.

Seriously. I got an original for 30USD and saved 70USD not buying a hard drive that can corrupt easily.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lost World had neutral reviews. Do people want a slower speed so the average gamer can at least see what obstacles are coming. I think critics are overreacting.
That Mii in your avatar is cute, just like the Dance trainers in Wii Fit U.

Now I sound like a freak for liking an avatar. :facepalm:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
The sadder part is that you can find an Xbox for cheap that's still in fantastic condition if you look the right place.
Seriously. I got an original for 30USD and saved 70USD not buying a hard drive that can corrupt easily.
:o I can never find great deals like that. Even some controllers are higher than that. Perhaps I should expand my searches.

Microsoft made one serious messup with it, and the lack of serious backwards compatibility is what drew me off from their newer systems and what keeps me to Nintendo, and specifically, Pokemon.
I would have probably already gotten a PS4 if it had backwards compatibility, but I suppose it's best to wait a year or so before jumping for a console.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The 3DS is apparennly incapable of emulating GBA games well.
Uh bullsh!*. The 3DS should be able to play GBA emulators just fine. I mean, the Wii can emulate GBA games nicely. The DS can also emulate them halfway decently with some extra hardware (not talking about GBA mode). If Nintendo's engineers can't get GBA emulation on the 3DS working, then they should be embarrassed.

I personally think that the reason they aren't putting GBA games on the 3DS is to help promote the Wii U.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

I want to read this purely because it looks terrible.

EDIT:

Aaaaand right off the bat... *groan*

EDIT 2:

okay im done

EDIT 3:

I DIDN'T STOP WHEN I SAID I WOULD AND I REGRET EVERYTHING

Last edited:

CombatScouter

Smash Apprentice
Uh bullsh!*. The 3DS should be able to play GBA emulators just fine. I mean, the Wii can emulate GBA games nicely. The DS can also emulate them halfway decently with some extra hardware (not talking about GBA mode). If Nintendo's engineers can't get GBA emulation on the 3DS working, then they should be embarrassed.

I personally think that the reason they aren't putting GBA games on the 3DS is to help promote the Wii U.
Well they probably can play them, but they should play well. I guess it's more that it would harder to emulate them on 3DS than Wii U.

Sorry about the "incapable", that was a bit of an exaggeration on my part. My bad.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

Halo's pretty good now, c'mon. There is also Gears of Wars. Those 2 series were the main reason I wanted a 360.

Though the only reason I wanted a PS3 was KH 1.5 and 2.5. But Ni No Kuni has been good as well. And Dark Souls on the PS3 is, apparently, the superior version as well, or at least more popular one, not that it matters since I'm not really interested in online experience from that game.

Not that it matters for me since I have both now. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom