• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe Super Mario Galaxy

mario-man

Smash Lord
DUDE!! you're not cool at all!!! You just spoiled this game!

Andromeda: DON'T CLICK THE LINK!!!!!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So, a Gamestop near me decided NOT to erase the game saves every night like they're supposed to. I managed to play an hour or so and managed to bring the total stars to 57. I will say this, there are some pretty frustrating parts if you aren't patient. :ohwell:

Also, the guide came out early in some places, so you'll want to avoid reading it unless you reeeeeeally want everything to be spoiled. There's a lot of stuff to do after you beat the main quest. :)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
For those who didn't see the picture NintendoWarrior linked to and want to know what it was:

Luigi is unlockable after getting all 120 stars, completing all the... erm... I think I read purple star quests?... and beating Bowser a second time.

Just a nice little thing to unlock. :D

Zantetsu

Smash Master
This game is gonna be too epic!!
It isn't GOING to be to epic. It IS epic. I watched a live stream yesterday of a guy playing it. He lives in japan and its out there for those who didn't know. He is supposed to stream again today but i'm not sure what time. Maybe 10 like yesterday? I'l get back with everyone when I find out more.

Edit : The stream is up at this time http://nsidernews.com/nsider2-live-streaming/

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, I managed to finish the main quest today. I'll start working on getting all 120 stars. The game is huge. :)

Andromeda

Smash Lord
And Europe is once again last in line. But this time we're only a couple of days after America. It makes me glaad! :)

Chill

Red
BRoomer
What about the previews makes it look bad? The previewers themselves seem excited about the game. I think it will be fun but this will likely be my last Mario game. I've collected enough stars, beat bowser and saved peach more than enough times now.

ALB247

Smash Apprentice
The GameCrazy I run got a full version copy of the game not too long ago to demo to the public. From the small amount I was able to play, it controls very naturally and smoothly, just like most Mario games. There were no huge improvements graphic-wise, but the biggest thing I noticed is that that the graphics flow alot better than before, as expected.

I was on the fence beforehand, but after trying it out, I'll definitely be picking a copy up. If you're still deciding, ask yourself this: What Super Mario game haven't you enjoyed?

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
The GameCrazy I run got a full version copy of the game not too long ago to demo to the public. From the small amount I was able to play, it controls very naturally and smoothly, just like most Mario games. There were no huge improvements graphic-wise, but the biggest thing I noticed is that that the graphics flow alot better than before, as expected.

I was on the fence beforehand, but after trying it out, I'll definitely be picking a copy up. If you're still deciding, ask yourself this: What Super Mario game haven't you enjoyed?
sunshine
super mario advance

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Some places have started selling strategy guides. There is a regular and limited collector's edition. Honestly, the game is a bit on the easy side that you really shouldn't need a guide, but I might get the limited edition one since it is hardback.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Some places have started selling strategy guides. There is a regular and limited collector's edition. Honestly, the game is a bit on the easy side that you really shouldn't need a guide, but I might get the limited edition one since it is hardback.
as in twilight princess easy or what.
because if its that easy or standard wii game easy i won't buy it.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Galaxy's getting superb reviews.

IGN- 9.7/10
Famitsu- 38/40
Gamespot- 9.5/10
Official Nintendo Magazine- 97%
GamesTM- 9/10
1UP.com- 9.5/10
GamePro- 5/5
Eurogamer-10/10
Game Informer-9.75/10
Game Trailers- 9.8/10
UGO- A
Computer & Video Games UK- 9.5
Deeko- 10/10

And according to Wikipedia...

Official Nintendo Magazine Italy- 11/10

...yeah.

blazer787

Smash Journeyman
Galaxy's getting superb reviews.

IGN- 9.7/10
Famitsu- 38/40
Gamespot- 9.5/10
Official Nintendo Magazine- 97%
GamesTM- 9/10
1UP.com- 9.5/10
GamePro- 5/5
Eurogamer-10/10
Game Informer-9.75/10
Game Trailers- 9.8/10
UGO- A
Computer & Video Games UK- 9.5
Deeko- 10/10

And according to Wikipedia...

Official Nintendo Magazine Italy- 11/10

...yeah.
first, never trust nintendo's review of their own game.
second, i have a saying when it comes games, "never say a game is good or bad unless you've played it for at least a month and a half."
that way, you avoid the "omg!!!!!! its a new advertised game" syndrom.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
...what do you mean "first, never trust nintendo's review of their own game?"

By "official," they mean the main source for Nintendo news. They're the Nintendo Power of Europe.

So... those big numbers mean nothing to you? Not even Gamespot's who usually give nearly every single Wii game a low score? Have you even bothered to read the reviews?

You should watch this review:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27584.html

Also... why don't you actually PLAY the game? I played it at Gamestop. Let me just quote myself from another board...

"Super Mario Galaxy is pretty much the best Wii game of 2007, and is probably one of the best video games of this year.

I played a demo at GameStop for about 45 minutes (it's addicting) and I just LOVE the game. Almost everything in perfect. The graphics and art is great, the gameplay is perfect, the level design and physics is amazing, the music was spectacular, and some of the levels are really difficult. I just loved how they used the Wii Remote. It felt very natural. All of the levels are diverse and just fantastic, and you don't feel so confined in one area like in Sunshine where the only place you can go is the tropical setting of Delfino Plaza and the occasional bonus stage.

Galaxy is like Mario 64, but bigger and better. It's the "Super Mario Bros. 3" of the 3D platformers, with Super Mario 64 being the new, revolutionary title (Super Mario Bros.) and Sunshine being the different and weird one that people didn't like as much as the first. And I think anyone can like this game, even a Sony or Microsoft fanboy (maybe). The level designs and physics involving gravity are just mind blowing. There are also classic enemies, tunes power ups and even old school side scrolling levels. One review stated that Galaxy "reinvents the platformer," and I agree with that. The critical reaction is very positive.

Seriously, pick this game up if you have a Wii. I don't even care if you don't like Mario. Not having this game should be considered to be a crime.

This is definately the greatest Wii game... until Super Smash Bros. Brawl knocks its socks off."

Why do you hate Galaxy so much? I mean, I don't care... I just want to know why.

mario-man

Smash Lord
exactly!!
If you don't buy this game, then you are in 1 of 2 categories:

1. You don't like platforming games such as Mario 64 etc...
2. You are stupid

Watch this video review by gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27584.html

if you don't think this game is good......well, then you need to go have your head examined. unless you don't like platforming games

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I like platformers but the Mario formula has gone a bit stale after so many years. You even collect the same amount of stuff in each game, 120 stars in 64, 120 shine sprites in sunshine, 120 stars in galaxy. The main point is to have fun and it can be hard to have fun if you feel the game is to similar to what you've already played.I'm still going to give it a go because the gravity mechanic is something that is new to the series.

mario-man

Smash Lord
the whole point of that review was to tell you exactly how it ISN'T LIKE THE OTHERS!! lol

Top Bottom