• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Armor List

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombr

Smash Cadet
Wario's Side Smash has super armor when he's moving forward.

EDIT: So does a fully charged Wario Waft. Don't know which part. Both tested on Warlock Punch.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I'd request that you change the credits for Pit's SA from Ryanarius to me, seeing as the video provided was mine, as well as I posted it a long time before.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152723

Additional information, the only part of the shield that is SA is the time before the noise the shield makes, and it can only be used on the ground.
Agreed. I didn't mean to take credit for it at all I was just trying to put it on the list. This was all NxC video and find I just copied the link from the pit thread.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
The first post desperately needs updated, Seriously, who starts a project this big and isn't going to follow through.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Lucas' up smash

DK's up b (the beginning)

DDD's inhale (when he is sucking them up). And about the inhale thing, when a kirby and a DDD try to suck each other up at the same time, kirby always wins.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
i think Rob might have super armor when doing a grab or dash grab - im not sure...i just remember grabbing and taking dmg from DKs Giant punch all at the same time.

ReNiC

Smash Rookie
im blind. is there any video showing the super armor situations in action?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i have no video proof of it, but, 2 days ago, with marth, i grabbed my friend (he was using fox) while he did fsmash

i took 17 damage and grabbed him without flinching, im not sure if it is super armor frames what im talking about, but if it is, marth's grab has the first frame or 2 with superarmor

you can ask PeteBeast on this forums, he was the fox

purekorea

Smash Journeyman
im blind. is there any video showing the super armor situations in action?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YoYmG4_6ews

Hmm, so Bowser doesn't have much SA at all, does he?
I've heard his Forward smash and upb have a few SA frames. Also his Side B has SA at the startup.

i have no video proof of it, but, 2 days ago, with marth, i grabbed my friend (he was using fox) while he did fsmash

i took 17 damage and grabbed him without flinching, im not sure if it is super armor frames what im talking about, but if it is, marth's grab has the first frame or 2 with superarmor

you can ask PeteBeast on this forums, he was the fox
All character's grabs have SA at the startup it seems. I've seen multiple characters do what you have described.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ok so yeah, this needs to be taken off the sticky list if it isn't going to get updated -_-

gw does NOT have super armor in his up smash

grabs do have super armor when connecting

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Strange no one has mentioned it yet....Wario's F-smash has it while he is dashing. I smashed him and he didnt move.

Browny

Smash Hater
sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread, i only checked the updated first post.

anyway today i was doing 4 player brawl against 3 lvl 9 cpu's as marth, and 3/3 times i got critical hit against the ice-climbers they super-armoured against it. i got no idea what move they used or maybe it was invincibility frames, but the animation happened along with the big 'CHING' noise of it connecting, but they didnt budge. same game i managed to critical hit pikachu and fox so i dont think it was bad luck that 3/3 missed. we know lvl 9 cpu does some strange things, but this seemed a little too much :p

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
A big 'ching' sounds as if they just powershielded it, though off hand, I don't remember the momentum physics for that.

I don't know if it was posted yet, but I suspect DDD might have super armor frames when he's sucking someone in with his neutral b. As in, during the animation of the opponent falling off their feet into his mouth, not when the attack is not affecting anything or when he's finished swallowing them, just in-between. If this hasn't been confirmed, can someone double check it?

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
Since I'm moderately lazy, I haven't checked most of the thread... BUT

Bowser's side-b has Super Armor around the start of the move. Fairly short though.

and I'm quite sure that Lucas' UpSmash has super armor frames just before the actual attack is released. I suppose that one isn't definite.

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
I didn't see this on the list but I think ganondorf might have super armor or whatever once he grabs someone with his over b....

null

Smash Apprentice
I was playing DDD, and a Wolf was using his neutral air on me while I was doing his forward smash (right at the startup), so I assume there are some there.

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
I am SOOOOOOOO MAD @ Mosquito UPDATE DAT 1st post noob.

DK's 3rd SA window. =)

Cargo carry has Frames for the first 60-120 frames of the opponent on your shoulder.

-This makes the IC match much better as you can throw them now.
-This will utilize hazards like Onett. LOL free car deaths.
-Improves DK's role in group/team Brawl.
-Pick up snake and walk over his own Grenades/motion sensored bombs.

motion51

Smash Rookie
dedede's neutral B "inhale" has super armor frames if you manage to get by a physical attack before sucking the opponent in. best demonstrated with snake by doing his dash attack in his mouth.

Magus420

Smash Master
Contrary to popular belief:

Regular grabs do NOT have super armor.

My theory about grabs and attacks connecting at the same time and trading hits was correct.

People that think they see super armor on grab based moves are more than likely just confusing it with this new game mechanic. I'll post a video later when I get a chance.

Why it took someone who had played the game a total of 2 times since the jpn release to figure that out I haven't a clue =P

Jink

Smash Apprentice
All grabs at near hit frames have SuperAmor, most noticeable with Link's ClawShot, you get hit but the grab just goes on.
---
Edit: sorry, I didn't read this...

By Magus420

Contrary to popular belief:
Regular grabs do NOT have super armor.
My theory about grabs and attacks connecting at the same time and trading hits was correct.
People that think they see super armor on grab based moves are more than likely just confusing it with this new game mechanic. I'll post a video later when I get a chance.

Now I'm looking toward to that...

Magus420

Smash Master
Alright, here's the video I was talking about that shows that grabs just trade with attacks and it isn't SA frames:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeuXNw5P3G4

Luigi's grab and Fox's f-tilt are both 6 frames in Brawl.

From the front, the grab connects on Fox and the f-tilt connects on Luigi at the exact same time. The result is Luigi getting the grab on Fox, but still taking the damage from the f-tilt though he doesn't go anywhere since he also has Fox in the grab. The attack has no hitlag/freezeframes.

From behind, the f-tilt connects on Luigi but the grab misses Fox (looking at it 2 dimensionally it may appear that the grab should connect near his foot, but that's actually in 'front' of the grab hitbox in the foreground). The result here is Luigi taking the hit normally.

The key thing here is that if it truly were SA frames, then when the grab whiffed he should still take the damage and no knockback regardless. This is not the case however.

Kurorin

Smash Rookie
Successful Grab SA?

Alright, here's the video I was talking about that shows that grabs just trade with attacks and it isn't SA frames:

Luigi's grab and Fox's f-tilt are both 6 frames in Brawl.

From the front, the grab connects on Fox and the f-tilt connects on Luigi at the exact same time. The result is Luigi getting the grab on Fox, but still taking the damage from the f-tilt though he doesn't go anywhere since he also has Fox in the grab. The attack has no hitlag/freezeframes.

From behind, the f-tilt connects on Luigi but the grab misses Fox (looking at it 2 dimensionally it may appear that the grab should connect near his foot, but that's actually in 'front' of the grab hitbox in the foreground). The result here is Luigi taking the hit normally.

The key thing here is that if it truly were SA frames, then when the grab whiffed he should still take the damage and no knockback regardless. This is not the case however.
May I suggest one last test to make sure there are NO super armor frames on grabs? Perhaps there is super armor, but only upon a successful grab.
Do the same test, but hit Luigi from behind while he successfully grabs another character in front of him. He can not trade hits with someone behind him as he is not grabbing them and if "super armor with a successful grab" does exist then he should not flinch because he is grabbing someone in front.

I would test this myself, but I do not have the capabilities to test or capture video.

PS: I believe your theory is correct, but I like to test everything thoroughly before declaring it to be true.

Magus420

Smash Master
May I suggest one last test to make sure there are NO super armor frames on grabs? Perhaps there is super armor, but only upon a successful grab.
Do the same test, but hit Luigi from behind while he successfully grabs another character in front of him. He can not trade hits with someone behind him as he is not grabbing them and if "super armor with a successful grab" does exist then he should not flinch because he is grabbing someone in front.

I would test this myself, but I do not have the capabilities to test or capture video.

PS: I believe your theory is correct, but I like to test everything thoroughly before declaring it to be true.
I thought of this as well, but someone else would need to test that since I do not have the game, and it was after the time I was able to record stuff.

Just for the record, Pit has Super Armor on his grab too.
You mean this?

NoVaLombardia

Smash Journeyman
I don't have a video, due to the lack of a camera or a recording device, but if i can get the clip under 3 minutes i can save the replay to my wii.

Absolutely sure Ike's D-tilt has no SA Frames, check more on my thread on his SA Frames in the Ike boards. I'm also starting to doubt any on the AAA jab, though im still testing.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I don't have a video, due to the lack of a camera or a recording device, but if i can get the clip under 3 minutes i can save the replay to my wii.

Absolutely sure Ike's D-tilt has no SA Frames, check more on my thread on his SA Frames in the Ike boards. I'm also starting to doubt any on the AAA jab, though im still testing.
NoVa's Ike SA test thread, just for reference:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160707

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom