• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Guys I just thought of this, I think you don't get to pick your character in adventure mode but instead... play them all. It does seem like you start with Mario and Kirby, we dunno what happens to Mario but it looks like your Kirby vs Petey. Maybe the mode even get's longer when you unlock new characters?

Croco

Smash Lord
Guys I just thought of this, I think you don't get to pick your character in adventure mode but instead... play them all. It does seem like you start with Mario and Kirby, we dunno what happens to Mario but it looks like your Kirby vs Petey. Maybe the mode even get's longer when you unlock new characters?
Hmmm like Event mode?
So when you unlock a new character a new chapter opens? :)

hidden

Smash Rookie
I think that it opens up more choises (like the cage thing) that gives you the option of playing as the caracter. Instead of forcing you to unlock all caracters just to finish it.

Empy

Smash Ace
I think that it opens up more choises (like the cage thing) that gives you the option of playing as the caracter. Instead of forcing you to unlock all caracters just to finish it.
Hmm, but I think the cage thing won't matter that much, you just first get to play Zelda/Peach, but later on, the other one probably needs to escape from some castle or w/e anyway. I'm guesssing you'll play that one at that point. This saves making a different mode for every character without getting too linear in play.

Hmmm like Event mode?
So when you unlock a new character a new chapter opens? :)
Yeah only with, you know, really big chapters and bosses etc, not just "dark link" 2 stocks etc.. ;)

Wreked

Smash Lord
Okay this is my idea for a story line. I thought of this when I was in the shower so bear with me.

Okay we all know what happens in the movie. Blah blah blah. Okay kirby fights Petey. He attacks you with the cages. While you have to either destroy the cages or hit the yellow ball on top. Once you break one, the princess you saved will beat Petey. Like Zelda will use din's fire to blow him up. And peach I don't know shove a giant turnip down his throat. But depending on which one you save, you meet different people. The story continues as, I'll say Zelda, and Kirby go out of the stadium before it blows which takes them to the desert. Where I think Yoshi and Link will meet them somewhere half way. Yoshi, in this case if you saved peach it would be link, would start to ask what happened to peach, or zelda. Kirby tells them blah blah blah.

That's all I really got so far I have a couple more but I can't quite fit them into the story, like fox, and pit.

Wreked

Smash Lord
Anyone else think the cloth behind Zelda in the last pic looks a tad like Ganon? Even though he is already 'confirmed'?
That was my first guess because that looks too fancy to be a cage. Either ganon or the ancient minister.

PKnight

Smash Cadet
This update is very cool, as the concept of bosses is awesome to me.
There's only one thing that worries me, and that's that Ridley, DeDeDe, and other popular villains might simply turn into nothing more than boss battles.
Most of me doubts it, as Ridley and DeDeDe are both extremely popular candidates for brawl character inclusion, but you never know.

Still, this story mode is looking better and better with each update.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
No it clearly is the cage, compare it to the other pics, you can even see the bars and the little holes in the last pic aswell so. Also, Ganon is not confirmed.

Uhhh, since when does Ganon have Piranha plants designed on him?

Novaya_Russia

Smash Cadet
Why oh why did Kirby save Zelda's sorry butt and not Peach's?! Ugh, how awful.

Anyway, I knew this was coming. I suspect the Subspace Emissary to be long and to contain many bosses, and I can almost bet on the idea that neither Ridley or Dedede will make the cut as playable characters, only bosses. You can flame me if you must, it's just my opinion. I can also see Mewtwo being a boss as well, and no longer being a playable character.
The figurehead of the Mushroom Kingdom, with an impressive but entirely mundane set of abilities

OR

The Sage of Time, trained as a ninja and controlling the magic of the gods, who also hold a piece of the Triforce?

Which one is more useful, and less able to fall into enemy hands?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Most likely either Zelda or Peach will join your cause ( I'm saving Zelda ^_^)

But jeez the whole dimsal in distress is kinda overdone; I mean having either Bowser and DK in the cages would of been alot more amusing.
Maybe you'll see it if you play the story mode as Peach or Zelda.

timthenchant3r

Smash Rookie
"In Super Smash Bros. Brawl: The Subspace Emissary, it’s rumored that there will be boss appearances."
hes watching us right now...

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
if you save peach, then the last boss wil be ganon and you have to save zelda
if you save zelda, then the last boss wil be giga bowser and you have to save peach

and now im sure that ridley will not be in brawl :( only as a boss

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
One main reason. Peaches voice since Mario Sunshine makes you want to kill yourself.
I don't think they have Jen Taylor doing the voice of Peach anymore, unless they had Nicole whatsherface JUST for Strikers Charged.

Notice the yellow circles on top of the cages. I have a funny feeling those cages are enchanted, and the circles looks like an eye, perhaps Medusa is involved? She WAS the main enemy for Kid Icarus.. And plus, I have a feeling, Petey had a feeling that if he let one Princess out, as soon as they were out, he'd beat them up. Perhaps he starts to fight you and the princess after you've made one escape, and you have to rescue the other one.

Petey perhaps is fighting you because he can get both Kirby and Zelda back.
I'd say those yellow circles are either for design, or that's where you attack the cages.

I thought of this as well, that is, you play multiple characters.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I LOVE THIS UPDATE
sosososososo much
Bosses are confirmed for adventure mode, and Petey is one of them!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I sense Ridley getting the same treatment, especially with the music...
Yeah, you could be right. But there's Kraid and Mother Brain.

I doubt King Dedede will be a boss. Kirby games got Whispy Woods and Dark Matter to fill that spot.

Metaknight can't be a villain because in Subspace Emissary screenshots, you see him playable. The Ancient Minister hi-jacked his ship.

I wonder if bosses will have a Final-Smash like attack.

IllidR

Smash Champion
I like the idea of being able to take two path during Boss fights, a great addition in my opinion, but still... finding out Petey is a most-likely non-playable boss gives me bad feeling about some of our favorite baddies.

Empy

Smash Ace
No it clearly is the cage, compare it to the other pics, you can even see the bars and the little holes in the last pic aswell so. Also, Ganon is not confirmed.
Uhhh, since when does Ganon have Piranha plants designed on him?
Erm, I don't get your post at all, I was trying to tell someone that what you could see in the background of the last picture is not Ganon but just one of the cages lying on the ground, next to Zelda... which makes perfect sence.

Also as to why Ganon would have Piranha plants designs on him... erm, I said it were the cages carried by Petey Piranha so did you just quote the wrong person?

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Each character doesnt have there own storyline in the subspace emissary. so no character select screens for this unfortunately
You do NOT know that. Please, for the 2nd time, STOP trying to sound like your predictions are fact.

Anyway, nice to know we have bosses in the game.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
The figurehead of the Mushroom Kingdom, with an impressive but entirely mundane set of abilities

OR

The Sage of Time, trained as a ninja and controlling the magic of the gods, who also hold a piece of the Triforce?

Which one is more useful, and less able to fall into enemy hands?

Yeah, but has Zelda ever had her own game where she had to save Link? I don't think so buddy. And I'd hardly call being able to pull magical vegetables with faces out of thin air "mundane." ;)

I really hope they do more with this "Branching paths idea. The first thing I thought of was playing as Wario, in a 2 on 2 match with Mario, against some baddies, and during the fight you can either help Mario or waste him, since Wario's loyalties can change often. Either way, this prospect is causing me to nerd out WAY too much, but I could care less. Can you believe the game is just a little over 3 months away?! So close, yet so far away.:(

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
^Well, if you wanna get technical, Zelda did have her own game in which she saved Link. It was one of CD-I Zelda games, Zelda's Adventure. But of course, let's forget it ever existed. =D

Eagle

Smash Lord

Look what I noticed : (Sorry if someone has already pointed this out somewhere)

As you can see, Mario is going kung-foo on their ***.

So as you can see, there must be something you do before the Mario vs Kirby or Kirby vs Petey Piranha.

Edit: Or, maybe he manages to make his way back to the arena after that cannonball sends him away.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
YES. THANK YOU SAKURAI.
Best update this week, as I now have peace of mind.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
PETEY DECONFIRMED!!! :grin: This might actually be my favorite update this week, just because that stupid plant won't be playable. Yayyy!

Really, though, I like the concept of bosses. It's another way Sakurai gets to include characters without wasting a spot on the playable roster.

It's too early to say that DeDeDe and Ridley won't be playable, but it IS a possibility.

(And I'm saving Peach first for sure. :chuckle:)

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I'm thinking, from what I've seen so far, that the SUBSPACE emissary story will be like this:

You'll start with JUST the ability to be Kirby for the first level (the Stadium), then, you'll fight Petey Pirahna. If you save Peach, she will become part of your party and you will be able to use her for the second level. Same thing goes for if you rescue Zelda. So then, on the second level (for sake of discussion, let's just say it's a Kid Icarus stage). There, you'll meet Pit in a cut-scene and then, for the new stage, you'll be able to use: Kirby, Peach/Zelda and Pit.

Eventually, you'll recruit or rescue every character in time for the final battle against the Ancient Minister.

(BTW, don't think I'm saying you'd start the ENTIRE GAME with just Kirby. I'm saying that IN THE SUBSPACE EMISSARY you will start with Kirby.)

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Meh. Didn't like this update at all. I guess it's cool that there will be bosses, but I would rather just find out about the one player stuff when I actually play it. Having the whole storyline of a game revealed before you even pick up the controller is annoying; I would much rather have characters, stages, and other stuff that actually matters being spoiled.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
I loved this update. The idea of a branching storyline makes me reassured that Sakurai is taking time on the single player mode, and making it interesting.

This basically deconfirms Petey, but did anyone REALLY NEED him in?

All this talk about Ridley being thrown into the boss pit makes me question their sanity. How about those guys google the words "Kraid" and "Mother Brain".

Dedede could be boss bait, I wouldn't mind that much. Metaknight makes for a much cooler PC.

K rool would be cool, but I think they'll just stick with 2 characters from Donkey Kong for now.

By the way... SAVE ZELDA YOU IMBECILES!!!!

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
BTW, I think I'll just fight Petey and save whatever Princess I save. At least the first time I go through.

Top Bottom