• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

Mikagami

Smash Rookie
Meh, they don't need rescuing, Peach can D-Smash out of the cage, and Zelda can teleport out.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Wow. I'm so gunna laugh at you guys when the next video comes out and it proves more that their in stone.

The lighting? Then why are they ALL black? You guys are being really dumb here..
Dude, get your eyes checked, they are in no way, shape, or form all black. You can clearly see color. If you copied it to paint and zoomed in you can see the pixels it's made up of.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Dude, I love both those princesses to death, but come on. ZELDA. She's got MAGIC.

Do you want someone who's gonna throw turnips all day and abuse her servants or someone who's gonna get stuff done? And blow some **** up.

I'll go back and save Peach my second go around though. It's only fair.

EDIT: By the way, the "they turned to stone" idea is the dumbest thing you could possibly say. You can still see color in their clothes and faces. Plus, WHY and HOW exactly would they have been turned to stone? Petey's not exactly a magician.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
They're in a tight cage, with extremely dark ominous clouds overhead, and a giant planting hovering over them, there's not going to be a lot of light.

Also, at the end of the video with Petey, you hear Peach squeal and you see Zelda double-take at Kirby from inside.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Well, I can kinda see Ridley, but Dedede is far too much of a popular boss, being one of the most wanted characters in Brawl, I'm not so sure about the popular bosses, but more like Minor bosses, like, Mother-Brain, The Hammer Mini-boss from most Kirby GBA games.... etc.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
An expected character simply because of the video, but I didn't think we'd get this update tonight -- or at all.

Oh, roboto, do you like refresh every second 10 minutes before/after 12:00 or are you really a robot?!
I have a few methods to help keep an eye on Smash Dojo. It was mainly a response to all the crappy post on Dojo Updates that were being done that led me to start doing this. ;)

axemangx

Smash Champion
They're in a tight cage, with extremely dark ominous clouds overhead, and a giant planting hovering over them, there's not going to be a lot of light.

Also, at the end of the video with Petey, you hear Peach squeal and you see Zelda double-take at Kirby from inside.

Did you see the lightning from the movie when he clashed the cages? The cages are probally magic or something >_>

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Either way I would prefer Ridley and Dedede as playable chars, although they could still fight you at some point in the story.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
The subspace story mode is so deep! <3
I hope Zelda and Peach aren't the only characters to save though.

I WANT A VS. MODE UPDATE!

Shark X

Smash Lord
Why oh why did Kirby save Zelda's sorry butt and not Peach's?! Ugh, how awful.
One main reason. Peaches voice since Mario Sunshine makes you want to kill yourself. Who wouldn't save Zelda over her? But Re-read all of it. It says "What will happen to the one you don’t save?!" while it shows Zelda, so I'm assuming Kirby saved Peach over Zelda. But seriously, why?

And I find it odd that Kirby fights the first boss, and a Mario boss on top of that, instead of Mario fighting the first boss, and a Mario boss. But it makes since, as Mario would play favorites and choose Peach over Zelda. Kirby doesn't know either too well.

One thing makes me curious.

Whose that leather wearing person standing behind Zelda?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Did you see the lightning from the movie when he clashed the cages? The cages are probally magic or something >_>
I don't know if you've noticed in the brawl trailers so far, but a lot of attacks have a more electric look to them. Open up either of the trailers on the left side of the dojo and you'll see that even punches look a little electric.

JPTight

Smash Cadet
dont wanna ruin ur day but the upate didnt say it was any "Character's" single player. This is a one player mode that does not allow us to choose a character because we will fight as all the characters. It might be a very long mode.
Maybe when we unlock characters we unlock new chapters in the Subspace Emissary adventure or something.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Or it's just cinematic emphasis. Cars explode much more easily and in much bigger explosions in movies than in real life, are they magic? no.
Does David Hasslehoff and Pamela Anderson really slow down time in Baywatch? no.

Ronike

Smash Ace
NO!!!!! NOT RIDLEY!!!!!

Eh, I still think Deedee has a very good chance of getting in, cause my guess is bosses are going to be of epic proportions. Deedee is usually only like twice the size of kirby when he is shown, his super form doesnt even grow, so I doubt he'd end up as a boss. Sakurai has a lot of big bosses to choose from. Personally, Im hopin for a return from Marx now, but hes so obscure Id be suprised. Id say the kirby boss is gonna be Whispy Woods.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Also, how much do you guys wanna bet, the one you dont save, will be saved by Link and Yoshi or something... and you escaped the arena. Perhaps Zelda teleports you out of there. Then we have to go through the whole Subspace Emissary till we get to the main base, thats armed with many Primids, since it IS sidescrolling, we could probally have our Metal Slug style enemies and their ways of attacking. Then we fight the main boss, which could probally mean Master Hand AND the Ancient Minister. I have a funny feeling Master Hand brought them all to that arena, because he wanted revenge for his losses.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Bleh if King Dedede is a boss only; I will lose all my respect for Sakurai.

King D has one of the best chances to be playable ( he had the most votes on the poll for gods sake)

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
I hope this doesnt wipe out chances of some villians been playable in Brawl like K.Rool, Dedede and Ridley.

Croco

Smash Lord
Also, how much do you guys wanna bet, the one you dont save, will be saved by Link and Yoshi or something... and you escaped the arena. Perhaps Zelda teleports you out of there. Then we have to go through the whole Subspace Emissary till we get to the main base, thats armed with many Primids, since it IS sidescrolling, we could probally have our Metal Slug style enemies and their ways of attacking. Then we fight the main boss, which could probally mean Master Hand AND the Ancient Minister. I have a funny feeling Master Hand brought them all to that arena, because he wanted revenge for his losses.
The ancient minister is probably stealing the trophies to use in his own army collection.
So if he captures Peach.. Peach becomes part of his army.
He may capture Master Hand.. ;)

Top Bottom