• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subspace Emissary Boss: Petey Piranha

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
dont wanna ruin ur day but the upate didnt say it was any "Character's" single player. This is a one player mode that does not allow us to choose a character because we will fight as all the characters. It might be a very long mode.
Maybe when we unlock characters we unlock new chapters in the Subspace Emissary adventure or something.
Please do not state your predictions as a fact.

Volrec

Smash Lord
Also, how much do you guys wanna bet, the one you dont save, will be saved by Link and Yoshi or something... and you escaped the arena. Perhaps Zelda teleports you out of there. Then we have to go through the whole Subspace Emissary till we get to the main base, thats armed with many Primids, since it IS sidescrolling, we could probally have our Metal Slug style enemies and their ways of attacking. Then we fight the main boss, which could probally mean Master Hand AND the Ancient Minister. I have a funny feeling Master Hand brought them all to that arena, because he wanted revenge for his losses.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else feel like they are starting to reveal too much of the story? I mean, I was fine with the general outline of what was going on and the exposition and all that setup crap. Now they're actually starting to reveal things that you can only see by playing through certain parts of the game. idk... for the first time I feel kind of dirty for knowing this much about the story...

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The game might start out with Pit. or some other character and you change from character to character as the story progresses.
The more I think about it, the more that seems to make sense. Hopefully there'll be another good story mode that lets you choose who you want to play as though.

Wouldn't it be cool if the emisarry was actually a long game during which you could save and whatnot?

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman

they actually did turn to stone.
Idk about that, the coloration is sliglthly different in each of the pictures, in the after picture it seems that way, but in the picture from the dojo today, there seems to be some color still. I still think it was probably a lighting effect. Besides, why would he turn them back to human right afterwards? Seems kinda pointless...

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
While Petey is now considered part of the storyline as a boss and as much as it pains me to say this, there is no for-sure proof just because a character is a boss that they can't be a playable character. It leans against Petey as not being playable, but I wouldn't discount any character as not being playable since the Subspace Emissary is using the Halberd which means even MetaKnight could be a boss.

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
King Dedede was top on Sakurai's poll I believe.

I doubt he'll be a measley boss, but he WILL fight Kirby or someone, later give up, the good guys will tell him all the bad things happening, and help you.

I wonder if theres a Character Swap function for SE.. since theres so many protagantists..

super.smash.camel

Smash Apprentice
Australia (What Does It Matter To You, Stalker &gt
The more I think about it, the more that seems to make sense. Hopefully there'll be another good story mode that lets you choose who you want to play as though.

Wouldn't it be cool if the emisarry was actually a long game during which you could save and whatnot?
that wood be beyond cool, that wood be absolute awesomeness

YOU COULD HAVE PLATFORMING LEVELS

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW...

wow:psycho:

edit>> this may actually happen coz im pretty sure theres pics of dudes jumping over plaforms and they did make a whole new colour scheme for the background of bosses (purple instead of blue)

editedit>>

PLATFORMING

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Does anyone else feel like they are starting to reveal too much of the story? I mean, I was fine with the general outline of what was going on and the exposition and all that setup crap. Now they're actually starting to reveal things that you can only see by playing through certain parts of the game. idk... for the first time I feel kind of dirty for knowing this much about the story...

It's the first boss; omg your going to beat him within 5 mins of starting the Subspace mode. It's not that big of a spoiler, at least to me.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Dude, I love both those princesses to death, but come on. ZELDA. She's got MAGIC.

Do you want someone who's gonna throw turnips all day and abuse her servants or someone who's gonna get stuff done? And blow some **** up.

I'll go back and save Peach my second go around though. It's only fair.

EDIT: By the way, the "they turned to stone" idea is the dumbest thing you could possibly say. You can still see color in their clothes and faces. Plus, WHY and HOW exactly would they have been turned to stone? Petey's not exactly a magician.
What kind of logic is that. Are you underestimating the power of Peach. Peach can take down Zelda any time. Plus Peach is alot more stronger and more useful than Zelda will ever be.

Zelda can save herself. I mean she can freakin teleport so come on.

Once Peach is out she'll tear up those stubby things Petey calls legs. She'll destroy him with her Dsmash and giga turnip

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

I don't think you'll start off as Pit if you pick Zelda or something, I think you'll start off as Zelda. And continue playing as Zelda for the rest of the story.

Why do all the stories have to follow the same timeline? Meta Knights story could start before everyones, but be the same length..

If you picked Zelda, then it means you were the one saved from the cage. If you pick Peach, then it means you were the one saved from the cage.

That's what I think anyway. Cause picking Peach and playing as a different character when you start off just seems like a really stupid idea.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
It's the first boss; omg your going to beat him within 5 mins of starting the Subspace mode. It's not that big of a spoiler, at least to me.
Well, it's more the fact that I know you can only save one of the princesses that bothers me. It would have been a nice surprise, but w/e, it's worth it to look at the dojo.

axemangx

Smash Champion

Notice the yellow circles on top of the cages. I have a funny feeling those cages are enchanted, and the circles looks like an eye, perhaps Medusa is involved? She WAS the main enemy for Kid Icarus.. And plus, I have a feeling, Petey had a feeling that if he let one Princess out, as soon as they were out, he'd beat them up. Perhaps he starts to fight you and the princess after you've made one escape, and you have to rescue the other one.

Petey perhaps is fighting you because he can get both Kirby and Zelda back.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
I don't think you'll start off as Pit if you pick Zelda or something, I think you'll start off as Zelda. And continue playing as Zelda for the rest of the story.

Why do all the stories have to follow the same timeline? Meta Knights story could start before everyones, but be the same length..

If you picked Zelda, then it means you were the one saved from the cage. If you pick Peach, then it means you were the one saved from the cage.

That's what I think anyway. Cause picking Peach and playing as a different character when you start off just seems like a really stupid idea.
I used to think that that's how it would work too, but Sakurai did say that Petey is the first boss. If it were how you said it is, then Petey wouldn't be the first boss since Zelda and Peach wouldn't get to fight him (and neither would Mario most likely).

The way I see it, you'll just select the Emissary mode and it'll just start from there, without letting you select a character. Then you just play different characters as the game progresses.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Most likely either Zelda or Peach will join your cause ( I'm saving Zelda ^_^)

But jeez the whole dimsal in distress is kinda overdone; I mean having either Bowser and DK in the cages would of been alot more amusing.

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if Petey damages the cages too
Or if only Kirby's attacks count. Petely may free someone that you don't want to free.
My first reaction when I saw the update was that in order to free a princess, you'd have to coax Petey into trying to hit you with one of the cages until it broke. I'm beggining to think that once that happens, he leaves and you dont actually fight him (cause how else would the princess you don't save get out of there?).

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
What kind of logic is that. Are you underestimating the power of Peach. Peach can take down Zelda any time. Plus Peach is alot more stronger and more useful than Zelda will ever be.

Zelda can save herself. I mean she can freakin teleport so come on.

Once Peach is out she'll tear up those stubby things Petey calls legs. She'll destroy him with her Dsmash and giga turnip
the power of Peach.. In Melee
Peach can take down Zelda any time.. In Melee
Plus Peach is alot more stronger and more useful than Zelda will ever be.. In Melee

a1j2h5

Smash Apprentice
So........ whot to save, who to save?
I guess I'm going to save Peach, it seems that she can't get outta a situation herself, Zelda on the other hand has that Shiek and teleport thing working for her.

axemangx

Smash Champion
My first reaction when I saw the update was that in order to free a princess, you'd have to coax Petey into trying to hit you with one of the cages until it broke. I'm beggining to think that once that happens, he leaves and you dont actually fight him (cause how else would the princess you don't save get out of there?).
Sakurai said he was a boss.

DUH.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Most likely either Zelda or Peach will join your cause ( I'm saving Zelda ^_^)

But jeez the whole dimsal in distress is kinda overdone; I mean having either Bowser and DK in the cages would of been alot more amusing.
You know if they join your cause, maybe you build up a team and can swap in and out.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
So........ whot to save, who to save?
I guess I'm going to save Peach, it seems that she can't get outta a situation herself, Zelda on the other hand has that Shiek and teleport thing working for her.

Yeah because Zelda's teleport is going to be so effective when she can't go though solid objects.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Yay, now people can shut up about him being a playable character! :)

lol I'm glad Petey's not a joke anymore...he's been really goofy in the last few games I remember him in.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
hmm this is AMAZING, now we got confirmed boss battles, and branching storylines, the only bad part is ridley could very well be turned into a boss, but i really hope hee isnt yet somthin tells me that he will be a boss, as for king dedede i highly think he'll be playable, sadly ridley is just so ppowerful big and kick *** that he makes the perfect boss (maybe he'll be an acception and will be both playable and a boss like bowser in melee)

Croco

Smash Lord
While Petey is now considered part of the storyline as a boss and as much as it pains me to say this, there is no for-sure proof just because a character is a boss that they can't be a playable character. It leans against Petey as not being playable, but I wouldn't discount any character as not being playable since the Subspace Emissary is using the Halberd which means even MetaKnight could be a boss.
That is unless Ancient Minister has stolen Meta Knight's ship like he is stealing the arena and has control of Petty.
So if he steals Peach he now could have control of her..
And so maybe Meta Knight is somewhere else searching for the Halberd.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Or Metaknight could even be working for him; then get's betrayed.

I mean did you see that screen shot where Metaknight was fighting those things?

Master Peach

Smash Ace
the power of Peach.. In Melee
Peach can take down Zelda any time.. In Melee
Plus Peach is alot more stronger and more useful than Zelda will ever be.. In Melee
Well I'll give you that. We'll just have to wait until brawls release to see whose the stronger Princess (Peach is!!)

Peach for Top teir!! XD

Croco

Smash Lord
Or Metaknight could even be working for him; then get's betrayed.

I mean did you see that screen shot where Metaknight was fighting those things?
Good point.. so that means that Meta Knight is probably not on his side.
I really think that Ancient Minister is collecting trophies for his own collection.
If he steals the Halberd, he could use it to travel quicker and steal more.

Top Bottom