• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahone

Smash Champion
ya basically how i play ganon is that every time you look like you can hit him and you are about to go in for a hit, go in a little and then weave out and sure enough he was baiting you and now has a fair or bair out and then combo the **** out of him. Crouch his grab and rest, go for a lot of uptilt rests and make sure you edgeguard him every time hes off stage. I think chasing him far off stage is the best, there is a little risk of getting downbd, but if you play ganon enough you will know the spacing and be able to hit him even when you cant see him, and when he is closer to the stage i still think you should always go off to gimp, because if you like fsmash or something onstage he will just tech upb you, but i just go offstage and try to hit him, but if the spacing is awkward and i miss and he upbs me, i just tech the stage and have a really easy gimp that he can't tech.

for doc you just have to play unbelievably safe, stay in the air a lot more than usual because he will just **** your ground game, in the air you just have to get used to getting around pills, but don't always just aerial them or you will get predictable and he will **** you, watch out for flying nair since docs like to throw some pills and then when u are at a bad spacing they just do a flying nair through you, and go for a lot of empty hop uptilts on him at low percent, because a rest is usually what you need to make this matchup winnable. You want to di his throw behind him, it will make the fair a lot harder to hit. But ya this matchup is the gayest of all of them imo, if you have the lead and he starts pill camping, honestly you should just go to the top platform and camp, because you are just giving him too much of an advantage if u charge at him when hes pilling.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Vs doc you can nair through his pills and hit him. Otherwise spacing bairs works okay. Be sure to DI his dthrow back, because it's harder for him to fair you if you do.

I would not try resting doc.... it's really scary

Massive

Smash Champion
So today I learned that Sing grabs edges both ways. Immediately, I tried run-off Singing.

The timing seemed a bit strict, but learn-able. Does anyone use this already?
I do this almost every time I go for the ledge. The grab range from the sing hitbox is larger than the range you would normally grab it from, its the only way jiggs can sweetspot grab the ledge and it will protect you from a lot of 'slightly lower than the ledge' hitboxes.

I've used it in the past to ledgehog sheiks with decent results, usually culminating in them screaming something to the effect of "YOU CAN'T F***ING DO THAT! WTF!?"

Mahone

Smash Champion
Are there any easy rest comboes/ easy crouch canceled rest setups for marth?
you can cc rest or rest oos his dash attack if misspaced (one rest setup)
rest oos his fsmash if misspaced (two rest setups)
you can crouch under his uptilt if you are really close and rest (three rest setups)
you can rest his up b lag if you hog the edge (four rest setups)
uptilt rest and upair rest work at certain low-mid percentages (FIVE REST SETUPS)
downthrow him and techchase rest him onto a platform (SIX REST SETUPS)

SIX REST SETUPS AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
So, I'm trying to learn Jigglypuff for secondary purposes, I guess. I figure posting in here would help more.
If there are any tips anyone could give on my Jiggs (things I miss, DI tips, etc.), I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpBZbPC_i-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XTk4lKnhCg

I've been told I need to rest more, and while I am a fan of the King playstyle, I agree. Other than that, however, I'm not sure of what direction to go in with Jiggs.

Sangoku

Smash Master
What are the gayest things to do with jiggs? I try to bair and rest a lot. Also if I miss a rest should I always double stick DI down and tech or it depends on the attack? I'm a noob melee player btw.

Mahone

Smash Champion
don't always double stick down, sometimes its better to just take the hit, the only move i double stick is falcon punches and i guess if people randomly decide to punish with downsmash, but if you double stick like marth's fsmash, you just end up getting tech chased, so you should just take the hit

Mahone

Smash Champion
I kind of hate smashboards now, sorry about that lol

But if you guys ask for advice i'll still help you out, thats about all i do nowadays, anything else i do gets called trolling and it makes me really sad since i was joking but everyone on the internet is an idiot and wants to call everything trolling and put that goddamn stupid face after everything....

anyways, here's a question, I don't really have anyone to play so i'm trying to practice tech skill, what do you guys recommend?

idea

Smash Master
i like doing this sometimes:

you're falco, vs. level 9 fox, on FD. 4 stock. any time you get hit by anything other than a laser you have to kill yourself. you can get hit by reflected lasers too.

it makes me be somewhat careful and have good tech skill since it's so annoying to get jabbed once and die from it. the natural response is to not get hit and death combo him every time.

Mahone

Smash Champion
i like doing this sometimes:

you're falco, vs. level 9 fox, on FD. 4 stock. any time you get hit by anything other than a laser you have to kill yourself. you can get hit by reflected lasers too.

it makes me be somewhat careful and have good tech skill since it's so annoying to get jabbed once and die from it. the natural response is to not get hit and death combo him every time.
i meant jigglypuff specific tech skill that you guys find tricky, like doing a falling upair while fastfalling from high up is tricky and i miss the lcancel sometimes, so i practice that, things like that....

but the thing you suggested is an interesting idea.

idea

Smash Master
oh. then...i dunno...l-canceling dair. edgecanceling stuff (just cause it's cool). shffling anything. it's so slow i still mess it up sometimes.

the timing for l-canceling when hitting someone with a star is the same as for hitting their shield. so you can practice shield timing that way.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
anyways, here's a question, I don't really have anyone to play so i'm trying to practice tech skill, what do you guys recommend?
I dunno if you are the type to just go with the flow and throw out aerials, but when playing against opportunists or shielders or campers, its good to have a plan to fall back on. (especially for the different stages)

So you can get creative and try to invent a combination of aerials to do against opponents in particular regions of a stage.

I tend to get predictable with 60% of my movement being either rising bair to a falling bair OR a quick shffl'd bair.

Also, something I want to work on is wavedash or double wavedash to nair...(maybe adding a waveland retreat)

I have two questions:
1. Can jiggs noticeably moonwalk?
2. Whats the best way to practice ledge teching (by yourself)?

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
I have two questions:
1. Can jiggs noticeably moonwalk?
2. Whats the best way to practice ledge teching (by yourself)?
1) allow me to take this opportunity to point you to absolutely the only useful page on SmashWiki: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Moonwalk

2) calling up a friend. i guess you could do some dumb **** with landmines or something if you were dead set on it but like. its not gonna work.

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
1) allow me to take this opportunity to point you to absolutely the only useful page on SmashWiki: http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Moonwalk

2) calling up a friend. i guess you could do some dumb **** with landmines or something if you were dead set on it but like. its not gonna work.
1)that page says fox and falco can't moonwalk when I have seen them do it before... I am just really bad at it and was wondering if it has any practical use for Jiggs
2)haha yeah I was thinking of bribing my one friend who doesn't play to just forward smash with marth at the edgefor 20min

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
yes its true of every character. i think even falcon moonwalks better if you walk the other way first

edit- republican, i see ur from pittsburgh. are you going to /HOPE3?

Mahone

Smash Champion
Jiggs moonwalk is so bad that its barely noticeable, i think unless someone pointed it out, you wouldn't even know you just saw jiggs moonwalk

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Yeah I just saw a vid showing all characters moonwalking in various situations. But jiggs is poop.

Sveet- yes are you gonna be there? I was at the first two hopes last year but didn't do very well

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
Good stuff! Pittsburgh melee scene seems to be growing, albeit slowly. At the last hope, we had hbox and I think m2k was supposed to come but got snowed out. We just had a tourney the other day where we bus-ed down the Canada smashers (Unknown,Raynex,KirbyKaze,Weon-X)

So I dunno who alls comin to /hope 3 yet but its great to hear IL is represented =D

idea

Smash Master
i would have gone to that too if it weren't for anime north the same weekend. and there was melee at that, but it started late, so i thought it wasn't happening and went home early on the last day =(

dudutsai

Smash Lord

crush

Smash Master
if anyone actually read the smash wiki page clearly it said moonwalk out of DASH animation. not walking, so it excluded characters like fox, falco, marth, jiggs. and jiggs can moonwalk just only out of walking

crush

Smash Master
and yeah i learned ledgeteching from motion sensor bombs, shield pressure from star men, dash dance spacing using starmen on 2x speed in training mode, and wavelanding from ihsb and ss

dudutsai

Smash Lord
if anyone actually read the smash wiki page clearly it said moonwalk out of DASH animation. not walking, so it excluded characters like fox, falco, marth, jiggs. and jiggs can moonwalk just only out of walking
I'm sure they didn't specify dashing on purpose. You forgot to mention the part where it says "The characters that can moonwalk, listed in order from longest to shortest, are:", followed by a list of 11 characters.

So bad.....
Who defends smashwiki anyways lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom