• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Massive

Smash Champion
I thought Jiggs was one of like two floaties who can't escape Dthrow-Knee at all.
This is a fact, jiggs and kirby are f***ed if they get dthrow'd by falcon.

You can only rest them out of it if they flub the spacing or go for the reverse knee.

crush

Smash Master
I'm sure they didn't specify dashing on purpose. You forgot to mention the part where it says "The characters that can moonwalk, listed in order from longest to shortest, are:", followed by a list of 11 characters.

So bad.....
Who defends smashwiki anyways lol
"In Melee, the moonwalk is a backwards sliding motion that can occur in the initial dash animation."

They defined moonwalk, and then listed the eleven characters that could do it by their definition.

And the must have specified dashing on purpose because the eleven characters they listed were the only ones who can moonwalk out of dashing.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
So their definition is wrong? I don't get why you're arguing this.... it's a wiki so you could just as easily edit it and have it be right.

crush

Smash Master
So their definition is wrong? I don't get why you're arguing this.... it's a wiki so you could just as easily edit it and have it be right.
No you're wrong. Ask Magus.

and im just trying to defend smash wiki i use that website all the time it showed me that joe bushman was a top 5 fox player in the world

dudutsai

Smash Lord
What is there to ask Magus about? Do you even read your own posts? =/

Is moonwalking out of walk a different technique not called moonwalking?

If there are different ways to do a technique, then you can't just define it as one of the different ways.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
and im just trying to defend smash wiki i use that website all the time it showed me that joe bushman was a top 5 fox player in the world
As your lawyer i advise you to not defend smashwiki. It is wrong. Especially in the case of that joe bushman example.

mers

Smash Ace
So I have a question.

I see Hbox combo Jiggs's dair to stuff all the time. Often usmash, but sometimes grab or utilt. If that works, why the hell doesn't dair to rest work? Rest is a faster move than all of the above.

No comprendo.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I was going to ask about puff's dair here before, but after the responses i lost respect for the puff boards.

From my observations of hbox's usage of the move, dair often doesn't true combo so grab is one of the best follow ups. As far as I can tell, the hitstun does scale by percent. I remember a phanna thread a long time ago that gave the percents that characters do the "flip" animation in response to the dair (which is what allows dair->rest combos).

Hopefully someone can post more specifics as I am still learning all the properties of the move.

Massive

Smash Champion
The flips aren't necessary for dair>rest to work.

If you ledgedrop>insta-jump>dair onto the stage you will land on an autocancel frame for dair and can rest/utilt/usmash/grab/etc directly out of it without the need to worry about lcancel timing.

I am (unfortunately) terrible at resting people so I don't get rests out of this as often as I should (also the KC crew is wise to it at this point), but it is great for getting back onto the stage if they're not in the habit of wavedashing away.

Manatee

Smash Apprentice
The flips aren't necessary for dair>rest to work.

If you ledgedrop>insta-jump>dair onto the stage you will land on an autocancel frame for dair and can rest/utilt/usmash/grab/etc directly out of it without the need to worry about lcancel timing.

I am (unfortunately) terrible at resting people so I don't get rests out of this as often as I should (also the KC crew is wise to it at this point), but it is great for getting back onto the stage if they're not in the habit of wavedashing away.
Can you find a video of this for me? It sounds pretty handy...

Mahone

Smash Champion
I was going to ask about puff's dair here before, but after the responses i lost respect for the puff boards.

From my observations of hbox's usage of the move, dair often doesn't true combo so grab is one of the best follow ups. As far as I can tell, the hitstun does scale by percent. I remember a phanna thread a long time ago that gave the percents that characters do the "flip" animation in response to the dair (which is what allows dair->rest combos).

Hopefully someone can post more specifics as I am still learning all the properties of the move.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113022

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I believe the "flip" happens when the move's KB has more than 31 frames of hitstun, but not that much after factoring in the 0.8 (? I think?) knockback multiplier when a character bounces off the ground from a downward sending attack. That's just a guess, I'd have to explore it more, though I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen with Falco & Falcon's dairs before.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
so uh just did something dumb in training mode

apparently rest combos into down throw on fox from 60%-300%+

and on falco from 90%-300%+

it probably gets nulled by DI and at high percents you'd probably be better using F-smash or dash attack

but is this viable?

Massive

Smash Champion
so uh just did something dumb in training mode

apparently rest combos into down throw on fox from 60%-300%+

and on falco from 90%-300%+

it probably gets nulled by DI and at high percents you'd probably be better using F-smash or dash attack

but is this viable?
What are you talking about?

Do you mean rest out of fox/falco downthrow? or Jigglypuff downthrow to rest?
Fox/falco's percentage or jiggs?

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I believe the "flip" happens when the move's KB has more than 31 frames of hitstun, but not that much after factoring in the 0.8 (? I think?) knockback multiplier when a character bounces off the ground from a downward sending attack. That's just a guess, I'd have to explore it more, though I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen with Falco & Falcon's dairs before.
Oh ya.. I abuse that on people.. lol.. it's a free grab after a dair if they get flipped. Well I mean when I play Falcon.

username12345678

Smash Apprentice
sounds like he means jiggs's dthrow combos into rest under those conditions.

yeah referring to jiggs dthrow

couldn't get that crap to work on falcon till like 150%+ :l

i should start using D-throw more. D-throw-Fsmash seems alot smoother then F-throw or B-throw then going for the edge-guard

Massive

Smash Champion
yeah referring to jiggs dthrow
couldn't get that crap to work on falcon till like 150%+ :l

i should start using D-throw more. D-throw-Fsmash seems alot smoother then F-throw or B-throw then going for the edge-guard
You can rest/chainthrow falcon all day if he DIs dthrow back or doesnt DI at all.
You can also rest Sheik and Marth out of an incorrectly DI'd dthrow.

The biggest issue is that dthrow lasts SO LONG that it's easy to DI towards the front of jiggs and get out of it. If your opponent has ANY EXPERIENCE AT ALL against Jigglypuff, dthrow will not be reliable for rests.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
So cosmo taught orly this trick with marth that you shield break a puff after a missed rest by charging shield breaker slightly late. I missed a rest against his marth and he tried it against me. I power shielded it. ****.

Mahone

Smash Champion
I love you sveet, that sounds like it totally *****, i usually just queue a roll, but what you did was much better and you ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom