• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Released as of 2-24-09!) INTERNATIONAL VERSION 2-4-10!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yes, but Sony would be the one to do a PS2 AND PS3 release. Whereas Microsoft would make a 360 only.
Why would Square/Tri-Ace do that? They actually want to make money. They wouldn't want to make a downgraded version and a version for a console that isn't selling well.

Anyways, Siliconera has posted some comparison screenshots. Most of it we already know, but they also have screens for the menus.
http://www.siliconera.com/2009/02/06/different-region-different-star-ocean-the-last-hope-interface/

JPN version has a lot more style and substance while the English version looks like some SO website...

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
What was the other PA about? I'm too lazy to actually get those silly little bonus board gems, sadly. >_>

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Old info that I forgot to mention days ago:

-Battle Trophies confirmed!
-Menu Interface changed for NA version.
-CG portraits when fighting for NA version!
-Scene Viewer is available in Dictionary, where you can see past scenes (that have been unlocked, I believe)
-Supports 1080p
-By Gamekyo.com/a french article, portraits by the character when they talk in the field are removed in the NA version. They're not going to even bother with switching them with the CG portraits. They just took them out overall and left us with the dialouge box. (Not 100% confirmed, but we'll just have to wait and see)

There's more, but I need to get my mind running again...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It would be nice if tri-Ace gave us the option to switch between the US and JPN interface.
It shouldn't be that hard.

As for Battle Trophies, I doubt I'll be able to collect them all like SO3. There's no doubt there's going to a bunch of stupid hard ones like getting a really high chain or something.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
New (not really, 2-6-09) preview of SO4 from TeamXbox:

They give SO4's battle system very high regards. I suggest paying attention to that section more than the others, even though the other sections are good as well.

http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/2213/Star-Ocean-The-Last-Hope/p1/

and the previewer even states:

"Seriously, there are a lot of cutscenes in Star Ocean: The Last Hope."

+1 for me!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I seriously cannot wait for this to come out. PRAYING to JESUS that this comes out for PS3. (At some point in time)

MyCurse4Life

Smash Ace
The BEAT system is a new system that allows the player to change the way they fight based on their personal playstyle. You can choose any things within a BEAT (style), and depending on your choice battle actions can be strengthened. In say, "BEAT S" you can have more technical fights through playing around with the Sight Out system, or in "BEAT B", which specializes in strength.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
The BEAT system is a new system that allows the player to change the way they fight based on their personal playstyle. You can choose any things within a BEAT (style), and depending on your choice battle actions can be strengthened. In say, "BEAT S" you can have more technical fights through playing around with the Sight Out system, or in "BEAT B", which specializes in strength.
Just wondering, but who are you explaining this to? I'm not being rude, just curious.

I got paid recently, so I'll be able to pick this up on the first day. My paycheck's going towards SF IV, SO 4, and Resident Evil 5 (Which is NOT a 4...).

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So does anyone know what the chances of this coming to PS3 are? I don't want to have to go out and buy a 360, but I will if it's not coming to PS3 eventually lol.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So does anyone know what the chances of this coming to PS3 are? I don't want to have to go out and buy a 360, but I will if it's not coming to PS3 eventually lol.
We don't know.

They might make a PS3 version based on sales, so there's no way telling at the moment.
If they do port it to the PS3, it may be released a year or so from now. Most likely more.

Take a look at Last Remnant, that game was announced on 360, PS3, and PC.
The PS3 version still isn't released. And that release was actually planned.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
It's called Youtube.

Look it up. That's where I found the gameplay videos of it. Plus, I have a few videos posted on this thread. Just check the pages.

I'm thinking about picking this up, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy the battle system. I hated the system in the Eternal Sonata demo.
It's not even the same battle system.

At all. Where does it say that they have the same battle system? I'll pound them, lol.

So no one wants the countdown timer on their desktop? D:

It looks like this (top left): http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n165/Sieg999/untitled-8.jpg

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Nah, I think I'm good.
Sweet wallpaper though.

We have a little over a week until the game's released, and I'm all set for this game.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Then maybe this isn't the game for you.

Unless you think the battle system looks cool, then go for it.

Well, I'm a big fan of FE, which is RPG/strategy if I'm right. The game looks cool, and a friend of mine whose video game advise I really value told me to get it.

Is it menu style, or more KH style, or what?

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
It's Real Full Time Action, yup.

But, in this game, to get into battles, you just touch the monsters running around on the field.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Buttons are mapped differently when compared to SO3's.

Unless you're talking about the "touch monsters to activate" thing, then yeah, it's the same with SO3, and in SO4, when you touch a monsters behind, you can back attack them.

Also, "Raided Attacks" can occur, where other monsters can join in the fight, therefore extending battle time.

Training video of Battle Simulator on Title Screen:

http://www.gamekyo.com/videoen14554_16-minutes-of-gameplay-for-star-ocean-4.html

around 17 mins long.

Top Bottom