• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Ocean: The Last Hope (Released as of 2-24-09!) INTERNATIONAL VERSION 2-4-10!

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Seven Star Ruins: After defeating the final boss, load up your save file and walk up the first set of stairs. The door on your left will contain a boss. Defeat it to get the dark ring. Next, go to the colosseum in Tatroi. On the left hall within the colosseum, there is a light wall that can be broken down with the previously obtained ring. Wandering Dungeon: After defeating the main boss of the Seven Star Ruins, Gabriel Celeste, go to En II's Old Road Sanctuary. Talk to the NPC near the entrance.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I need a 360 so bad. Guess I'll just have to settle for Till the End of Time for now. But seriously. SO4>SO3? Really? 3 is so good though!
It really depends on you if you'll like it more or not.

I like SO2 and SO4, but I wasn't too fond of SO3.
I friend likes SO3 and hates SO4.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Which party/lead character did u guys use? I used Edge/Reimi/Faize until he left >_> Arumat when he left/ Myuria. And my lead was Reimi. Shes just broken O_O. Especially her special that stuns opponents which allow another special to be done I dont remember the name...

Minato

穏やかじゃない
My party was Edge, Arumat, Sarah, and Meracle.
I was going to switch Meracle for Myuria, but I was too lazy.

Especially after all the experience bonuses on her weapon.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
UPDATE 9-15-2009:

International version of Star Ocean 4 will release on 2-4-2010!

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/09/1...e-international-is-extremely-import-friendly/

Taken from Gamespot said:
Source: http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...009m9d14-Star-Ocean-4-coming-to-Playstation-3

Update Taken From Gametrailers:

Confirmed by this week's Famitsu (SOIV International):

Updates includes:
- Both Japanese and English voices
- Improved targetting in battles
- Improved menus and interface
- New Characters

AD:

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/6043/viploader1163950.jpg
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/3196/viploader1163958.jpg

Index:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1566/501950.jpg
http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/6952/514910.jpg

New Update:

On top of that, this scan from Famitsu says players will be able to choose French, German, and other text options from a menu. You can also choose either English or Japanese voice acting. And since the PlayStation 3 is region free Star Ocean: The Last Hope International is probably the most import friendly Japanese RPG to date.

Source:http://www.siliconera.com/2009/09/1...e-international-is-extremely-import-friendly/

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
International version? Ugh if some of you guys are seriously thinking of buying SO4 I would highly recommend against it. SO3 has a much better designed combat system and hell even the story is more passable then SO4's.

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Most of us already have SO3, which is why we also bought SO4. Being a fan of SO, I'd get the PS3 version as well. That's just me.

Personally
, although the story and VA is the worst possible thing to exist in the SO universe to date, the battle system is much more addicting. SO3's was fun as well (cancel bonus/stun locks/etc.), but both have they're unique gameplay, and I found blindsiding pretty fun. Plus, I'm not sticking to just one game, I'm not that biased. I play for experience rather than just story and gameplay, which just come with the experience.

The main thing I'm saying? Most of us already have SO3, lol.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Most of us already have SO3, which is why we also bought SO4. Being a fan of SO, I'd get the PS3 version as well. That's just me.

Personally
, although the story and VA is the worst possible thing to exist in the SO universe to date, the battle system is much more addicting. SO3's was fun as well (cancel bonus/stun locks/etc.), but both have they're unique gameplay, and I found blindsiding pretty fun. Plus, I'm not sticking to just one game, I'm not that biased. I play for experience rather than just story and gameplay, which just come with the experience.

The main thing I'm saying? Most of us already have SO3, lol.
Ugh its insulting to SO3 to say that the combat system in SO4 was more addicting. If anything it was a step backwards and felt more like SO2 spammy combat system. Let's not even lie to ourselves by the end of the game SO4 pretty much degrades into celestial sword spam, dragon roar spam, sparrow spam, raging strike spam, etc with the mage chilling in the back buffing/healing every once in awhile.

Also blindsiding was completely useless for every character besides Meracle. Seriously I'll take almost infinite rush gauge over a slightly improved blindside anyday.

Meh I dunno honestly I feel that SO4 was a complete waste of 50$ (or w/e the retail was) and I'd rather not even consider it part of the SO universe with its terrible combat system. (Lets be honest with ourselves all the SO's are completely based around their combat systems and chars/story comes second)

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Ugh its insulting to SO3 to say that the combat system in SO4 was more addicting. If anything it was a step backwards and felt more like SO2 spammy combat system. Let's not even lie to ourselves by the end of the game SO4 pretty much degrades into celestial sword spam, dragon roar spam, sparrow spam, raging strike spam, etc with the mage chilling in the back buffing/healing every once in awhile.

Also blindsiding was completely useless for every character besides Meracle. Seriously I'll take almost infinite rush gauge over a slightly improved blindside anyday.

Meh I dunno honestly I feel that SO4 was a complete waste of 50$ (or w/e the retail was) and I'd rather not even consider it part of the SO universe with its terrible combat system. (Lets be honest with ourselves all the SO's are completely based around their combat systems and chars/story comes second)
You could do Side Kick spamming in SO3 for literally the whole game, with the mage healing and buffing.

But think whatever you think. People are still going to get the game. I'm going to get the game, and others here will.

I'm not going to make this useless discussion about biases a debate.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
You could do Side Kick spamming in SO3 for literally the whole game, with the mage healing and buffing.

But think whatever you think. People are still going to get the game. I'm going to get the game, and others here will.

I'm not going to make this useless discussion about biases a debate.
Try that in 4-D mode and get back to me when u get AAA'd.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from getting but I'm just saying think twice before you buy it because your an SO fan. If your looking for a great in depth battle system it's just not there and that's what I was disappointed by.

I thought the IC was a lot better then SO3's though...

sakuraZaKi

NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Lol. I don't get AAA'ed when I know what I'm doing. That's why there is BoF -->w/e, EB or DD, and other characters like Maria with PB and SB, etc.

I do love SO3's battle system much more than the SO4 one, but from personal opinion, and what others (people, forums, reviewers, w/e) have mentioned, the battle system isn't as bad as what you think. You're just one of those people who don't like it, but hey, that's preference, and I don't mind that. It's not bad that you think what you think, but you're tone just sounds like you are bashing something widely considered to be good. I don't have a word for it, lol.

I say this because the battle system is what brought the excitement to this game, which is probably the only reason why it gets good feedback, other than probably music and graphics (which is most likely to a very small minimum). The story was lackluster, to the point that I could just skip everything and still get what the plot was about. It has been mentioned that the battle system is what kept players into the game more and more, and nothing much else.

Basically, the battle system made the game what it is.

w/e. Yeah, SO3's IC was so horrible. I spent countless hours on something that could be easily done in 2/4.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I never really did Item Creation in SO3 for some odd reason. I always seem to rush in every Star Ocean game, so I never spent time understanding how it works in SO3.
I did do a lot of ICs in SO4 though. Made the game way too easy with those experience bonuses.
Made the final battle go by much quicker than if I hadn't.

I will buy SO4 International when it comes out in the US. I'll try to take my time on that playthrough instead of rushing through it.
I'm hoping SE decides to put more bonuses in this port. I'm not expecting something like Tales of Vesperia bonuses, but new characters would be nice.
This IS a Star Ocean game. I'm surprised we didn't get to choose which ones we got in 4.

Top Bottom