• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Hey, uh, now that we know all the stages in the game, wouldn't it be efficient to update the OP with them all?

Or are we waiting for the US release for that?

I'm only asking because I only have a vague idea of all the stages in the game despite Googling the stage selection screen, and I'd like a handy list here with them all in this thread.

Techno Hunter

Smash Cadet
I have an idea. What if the Wii U Game and Watch Stage is actually something from the GameBoy Game and Watch Gallery games. It would be a nice change for how the franchise has been represented. It could cicle between minigames, like the rest of the G&W stages. I just hope they have Cook from G&W Gallery 2

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
Hey, uh, now that we know all the stages in the game, wouldn't it be efficient to update the OP with them all?

Or are we waiting for the US release for that?

I'm only asking because I only have a vague idea of all the stages in the game despite Googling the stage selection screen, and I'd like a handy list here with them all in this thread.
We don't know all the Wii U stages.

Here's a list of the stages we know so far: http://smashbros-miiverse.com/stages

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Is "too recent" really an argument for a game not to get a stage? I'm beginning to see a lot of that around here. Frankly I don't think either Super Mario 3D World or DKC: Tropical Freeze are too recent to get stages. Aside from that, I really would love to see a Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games based stage. *grumble* Apparently a Dream Team stage for 3DS is too much to ask...

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I really hope people aren't taking that text leak seriously. You really believe a stage on Wii U is "Endless Ocean"?

Yeah, no. It's not even a conversation.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
What text leak?
A text leak talking about a "Tower of Smash" mode and talked about DLC characters being Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, etc.

The same guy posted a stage list. One of the stages was Endless Ocean. Instantly a fake.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
A text leak talking about a "Tower of Smash" mode and talked about DLC characters being Impa, Ridley, Chorus Men, Dixie, etc.

The same guy posted a stage list. One of the stages was Endless Ocean. Instantly a fake.
I wouldn't count out Endless Ocean, it's another casual-friendly title like Wii Fit, and look, we have the Wii Fit Trainer as a character now.

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't count out Endless Ocean, it's another casual-friendly title like Wii Fit, and look, we have the Wii Fit Trainer as a character now.
Nonononononononono, it's not like Wii Fit AT ALL. Endless Ocean, not only is it considered by some one of the worst video games of all time, but it's not even a Nintendo game! Nor a well-known one! You're telling me it just so happens that this ****ty obscure game gets a stage in Super Smash Bros, and it's not even a Nintendo game? Fire Emblem is one thing, because it was well-known in Japan.

There is no one, I can guarantee this, that Endless Ocean is a stage. No possibly way. It makes me laugh how people believe this. And why do they believe it?
100% of the belief is Ridley. Ridley's in it! IT HAS TO BE REAL.

This leak seems like it was a joke.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
Nonononononononono, it's not like Wii Fit AT ALL. Endless Ocean, not only is it considered by some one of the worst video games of all time, but it's not even a Nintendo game! Nor a well-known one! You're telling me it just so happens that this ****ty obscure game gets a stage in Super Smash Bros, and it's not even a Nintendo game? Fire Emblem is one thing, because it was well-known in Japan.

There is no one, I can guarantee this, that Endless Ocean is a stage. No possibly way. It makes me laugh how people believe this. And why do they believe it?

Hanenbow

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
but it's not even a Nintendo game! Nor a well-known one!
lmao

One trip to Wikipedia is all you need:

lol.png

And one trip to VG Charts says that it's sold $420,000 copies here in America, so while it's not a huge best seller it's still somewhat known among the casual demographic (like Wii Fit).

And hey, it's not like the leak said the scuba diver from Endless Ocean is a playable character, just a stage from the game. Is that hypothetical worth getting upset over? Not to me, at least.

Last edited:

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
lmao

One trip to Wikipedia is all you need:

View attachment 26000

And one trip to VG Charts says that it's sold $420,000 copies here in America, so while it's not a huge best seller it's still somewhat known among the casual demographic (like Wii Fit).

And hey, it's not like the leak said the scuba diver from Endless Ocean is a playable character, just a stage from the game. Is that hypothetical worth getting upset over? Not to me, at least.
Nintendo published all Wii games. It's just a no to me. I don't believe it. Honestly after Gematsu none of you should.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo published all Wii games. It's just a no to me. I don't believe it. Honestly after Gematsu none of you should.
it says copyright nintendo/akira on the box cover so it is owned by nintendo as much as pokemon or the wonderful 101

and relax no one's believing it

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
The Smash Run exclusive Dark World theme totally opened up the possibility of a Link to the Past stage for me. I really want this now, although I'm certain that Temple will take up the second Zelda stage slot. But hey, maybe we'll get three stages??

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Let's just say that Endless Ocean is a stage.. Imagine that in HD. could be interesting.

Either way I'm hoping the stage leak is true bcuz:
1. Bowser's castle
2. Nearly 60 stages

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm also fan of the gamer stage, I love how the concept is applied to Smash. Going to be fun sending opponents in the light.

About the text, I believe it's fake too... But I'd like it to be true, especially for the Endless Ocean stage. And I'm serious.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Endless Ocean doesn't seem that much worse than making Hanenbow a stage, at least, not to an extent where it wouldn't be something Sakurai would do. Good news is, if a single one of those stages gets deconfirmed the whole leak is ****ed.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, an Endless Ocean stage could be fun, where you could fight on a boat, on a beach and underwater, with low gravity underwater. Seems like something Sakurai could do.

Also, I think it's going to be hard deconfirming stages, but we'll see.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Honestly, an Endless Ocean stage could be fun, where you could fight on a boat, on a beach and underwater, with low gravity underwater. Seems like something Sakurai could do.

Also, I think it's going to be hard deconfirming stages, but we'll see.
OK yeah, I realized that after I posted. It's practically impossible to deconfirm them without seeing the full stage list. But if we see a stage that wasn't on the list it should have the same effect

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
OK yeah, I realized that after I posted. It's practically impossible to deconfirm them without seeing the full stage list. But if we see a stage that wasn't on the list it should have the same effect
Yeah, it's that it's meant to be the full list. It's not the stages that we have to deconfirm, but the list itself, in fact.

Seeing another stage for lesser series (exemple, something else than Greenhouse) could deconfirm the thing.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's that it's meant to be the full list. It's not the stages that we have to deconfirm, but the list itself, in fact.

Seeing another stage for lesser series (exemple, something else than Greenhouse) could deconfirm the thing.
Yeah... I'd say if the leaker was lying he was pretty ballsy, lots of details that can easily be deconfirmed when we get more details about the wii u version.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah... I'd say if the leaker was lying he was pretty ballsy, lots of details that can easily be deconfirmed when we get more details about the wii u version.
Yeah, there's also the fact that we know almost nothing from the WiiU version modes. It's kinda weird.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I have a question about the text leak, whether its true or not because it's just been bugging me. What's "Shooting Gallery?" I tried looking it up, but all I could find were an old NES game called "Shooting Range" and some screenshots from "Hogan's Alley."

My working theory is an all-purpose "Zapper" themed stage to go along with Duck Hunt Dog, incorporating elements from Hogan's Alley, Wild Gunman and I guess Gumshoe. Could be kind of cool. Thoughts?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Yeah, Endless Ocean is Nintendo's. I remember they promoted that as much as any other Wii game when it came out, it just wasn't a HUGE hit is all.

The Smash Run exclusive Dark World theme totally opened up the possibility of a Link to the Past stage for me. I really want this now, although I'm certain that Temple will take up the second Zelda stage slot. But hey, maybe we'll get three stages??
I really hope you are right.

To this day, I find it baffling that there hasn't been a single stage based on ALTTP (arguably the best game in the Zelda series) on Smash.

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet

GameRankings score for Endless Ocean: 72.76%
Lowest on GameRankings: 23.74%

Yep, totally considered one of the worst. Yep. (Real talk though: An Endless Ocean stage would be cool, if only to beat the snot out of Samus with Hayley Westernra playing in the background)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
For the music and the background, it would be cool.

I'm one of those who want it to be true. Not for the Tower of Smash. Not for Ridley. Not even for Impa. But for Endless Ocean.
I really don't care at all about Ridley.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
For the music and the background, it would be cool.

I'm one of those who want it to be true. Not for the Tower of Smash. Not for Ridley. Not even for Impa. But for Endless Ocean.
I really don't care at all about Ridley.
Despite being an avid Ridley supporter, I'm mostly in it for the boss fights in Tower of Smash. I absolutely loved the boss fights in Subspace, and I really want to see them return. Master Core's amazing, but the stage bosses are incredibly lackluster. I want some epic-scale fights with Nintendo's worst baddies.

Not to mention they seem to be importing a lot of Brawl assets anyway, so I'd imagine some of the bosses could be transferred over pretty easily. Ridley in Brawl was originally supposed to be Dyna Blade, so....

Edit: lol whoops thought this was the leak thread, not the stage thread; pardon the off-topic post

Last edited:

CoolEric258

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I want the leak to be real solely for the stages. I don't really care for any of the characters (don't like Metroid, never played Rhythm Heaven, hated Mewtwo in Melee...only really have interest in Impa and Dixie since I love me DK and Zelda), but the stages look crazy cool. Nintendo Land, Patch Land, NES Remix, and Jungle Hijinx? 12/10 it's okay -IGN

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played Nintendo Land myself, but I've seen a couple of videos of it and think it'd be a super-cool stage. Same with NES Remix, since that's already a crossover in the same vein as Smash.

With Patch Land, I'm really hoping they include some of the cool yarn interactions like when you use the patches after every level.

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Eh I'm still butt-hurt about wolf missing but...the gamer stage looks cool

Staarih

Smash Master
Ever since the leak had an Endless Ocean stage I got really interested in the game (ohh the power of Smash) and watched some gameplay videos and stuff of it, and I really think a stage of it could be really cool with awesome music.

But now that I said it, I guess it won't happen haha!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Honestly, the more I look at it, the more I find this stage list plausible.

The stages for playable series make sense for a lot of them. Metroid will never get rid of it's Super Metroid legacy, DK Tropical Freeze seems to be forgotten, to the benefit of Country Returns, Starfox is still cursed with the Great Fox (:troll:).
Although weird that Mario only have 3 stages, the 6 playables Mario characters (minus Dr Mario) have a homestage (well, not really for Peach)
The Rhythm Heaven, NintendoLand, NES Remix stages make sense (remember that there's a Nazo no Murasame Jo medley on 3DS, only for Smash Run).
I'd even say that Kid Icarus having 3 stages make sense too.

The only really weird thing is the fact that there's Town & City AND Smashville.

Top Bottom