• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
I have come up with an idea for how we should handle having so many FD's. The problem being this: each FD is too different to be considered the same, but each FD is too similar to be considered it's own stage.

Game 1:
For game 1, all variations of FD are striked except for the standard FD. Then the striking is done as usual.

All Other Games:
For these games, the loser of the previous match(the counter picker) gets to select a version of FD, then all the others get striked. Then the winner does his bans, then the counter-picker chooses a stage.

What this system allows is for us to be able to play on FD, but for FD to still be one stage in the banning system.

Any questions?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
We've gotten TWO Brinstar Stages, one of which has appeared in three games, a Norfair Stage, and Planet Zebes itself. I think we deserve Crateria by now.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
We've gotten TWO Brinstar Stages, one of which has appeared in three games, a Norfair Stage, and Planet Zebes itself. I think we deserve Crateria by now.
Or the Tourian. AKA. Space Pirate headquarters, where the Metroids and Mother Brain lurk. Sounds more tense than Crateria ever was.

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
Hello! I hail from the 3DS boards and came to acquire some information, and this seems like the thread to do it.

How large are the stages in the Wii U version so far? Can anyone confirm if there's any stages that aren't ridiculously large blast-zone wise?

From what I've seen, the Wii U stages are in general larger but the blast zones may not be quite as large.

Can anyone confirm some sizes for viable stages?

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Warning Received
Hey, long time lurker here, and my first time posting. :) As for Metroid stages, I would love for some type of Chozo Ruin to be a stage. You could have moving Chozo statues in the background too. What is the only Metroid stage confirmed so far for this game? Pyrosphere? I would really love to have another one, mostly because I'm not really a HUGE fan of boss stages because the bosses seem kind of annoying.

Ok i have a couple questions if anyone could answer them that been great.

First off, is there any chance that Corneria from melee is in? I know it was in Brawl and is already in the 3DS version, so does that mean it won't?

Also will Temple be in it, it is another of my favorites. It was also in Brawl,but is not in 3DS so I would assume it has a better chance.

And my last question is will there be a Mario Kart 8 themed track? This one sounds pretty likely to me but What do you think?
Temple had better make it in! That was my "final destination" as a kid.

Also, do you think we might get DLC stages based on newer upcoming games? For example: we may later get a Yoshi's Wooly world stage, or a Splatoon stage?

Last edited by a moderator:

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
I think it sucks how some franchises didn't even get a stage the 3ds version, ie duck hunt or wii fit, or are represented by a brawl or melee stage, ie sonic, star fox, metroid etc.
I hope this is not the case for the Wii u version. So far we have not seen a donkey Kong stage, wario, or yoshi stage and Kirby has only been represented by a brawl stage.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
I think it sucks how some franchises didn't even get a stage the 3ds version, ie duck hunt or wii fit, or are represented by a brawl or melee stage, ie sonic, star fox, metroid etc.
I hope this is not the case for the Wii u version. So far we have not seen a donkey Kong stage, wario, or yoshi stage and Kirby has only been represented by a brawl stage.
To be fair, the Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage. Otherwise, I absolutely agree.

I also hope the Wii U version has a stage builder and that it allows for more control over the design than Brawl's did.

tomvoxx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thighland529
Switch FC
SW-1258-1614-8509
To be fair, the Gameboy stage is a Kirby stage. Otherwise, I absolutely agree.

I also hope the Wii U version has a stage builder and that it allows for more control over the design than Brawl's did.
I only mentioned the Kirby stage for Wii u, I knew the game boy stage was a Kirby stage, just so you know.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
QUESTION:
So i noticed when I played the 3DS demo that when I played on the Final Destination form of Battlefield that the items were removed. I also found out that For Glory mode will only be FD forms with no items.

Which leads me to my question:
Will I be able to play Final Destination forms of stages, with items turned on?

I just want to know for the Wii U version mostly. But I hope that I can play with items because there are some stages where I like the theme (Mario Kart), but I hate the gimmicks (shy guys running over you in their karts).

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
See, this is why I have no reasons to not be happy with the Paper Mario stage: there's so much franchises that fans would give a lot for getting that.

Which is also why I'm super hyped :colorful:

DJ Dong

Smash Cadet
It's a balance thing. Long story short, heavies get stronger while lighter characters get weaker because of it.
That isn't necessarily the case though. Heaviers would be just fine with smaller zones, as they'd kill earlier.

I don't think Bowser would complain killing people at like 60 with fsmash.

It's more along the lines of now Bowser JR can't seem to reliably kill and heavy characters are still at a disadvantage. In fact, they're arguably at a worse disadvantage. Now getting a hard read doesn't necessarily pay off, and heavy characters rely on that. And as the metagame devlopes, you know the big guys won't make it back to the stage anyway.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
That isn't necessarily the case though. Heaviers would be just fine with smaller zones, as they'd kill earlier.

I don't think Bowser would complain killing people at like 60 with fsmash.

It's more along the lines of now Bowser JR can't seem to reliably kill and heavy characters are still at a disadvantage. In fact, they're arguably at a worse disadvantage. Now getting a hard read doesn't necessarily pay off, and heavy characters rely on that. And as the metagame devlopes, you know the big guys won't make it back to the stage anyway.
Game balance is a difficult thing. Heavies actually killing quicker could cause other problems.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Is there a difference between the standard Final Destination and Final Destination Omega?

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
My only wish is a brand new Kirby stage on Wii U.

I never liked Halberd, it doesn't represent the series well and not having a brand new HD stage with Kirby music that doesn't need to be butchered to fit on the stage would be horrible.

At least Brinstar, Jungle Japes and Cornerior represent their franchise well AND are only the 3DS version, Kirby not getting a new Wii U stage would be heartbreaking.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Probably been said, but with the Halberd returning for the Wii U, I'm now worried that just like the 3DS version, some series will not be receiving new stages for whatever reason.

BidoofBrown

Smash Rookie
NNID
BidoofBrown
A stage based on Moonside from Earthbound...?
Or also a brand new F-Zero stage.

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
A stage based on Moonside from Earthbound...?
Or also a brand new F-Zero stage.
Moonside would be awesome. Or maybe the Stonehenge base? Or Lumine Hall?
And for the F-Zero stage, maybe White Land or Death Wind, or Sand Ocean from F-Zero X... (Tunnels!) So many possibilities

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Hmmm if 3DS got 35 I'm expecting atleast 40ish...makes me wonder how many Stages did Brawl even have? Too lazy to look it up. Bowser Castle needs to be a stage and a new DKC stage would be fantastic.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I would be fine with EarthBound representation if Magicant was also on the Wii U along with a past stage. I'd also like Unova Pokemon League to appear there because I felt there are more songs from the 5th gen that would have fit nicely on the stage.

Silvers Channel

Smash Rookie
Well, seeing as Namco-Bandai is going to work on the game with Nintendo/Project Sora, And seeing as there's a good chance Pac-Man will be a newcomer (I still want KOS-MOS), here's a stage idea I think will fit Pac-Man quite well:

Isn't this a stage on the 3DS? I mean, yeah, there are the oddballs like Wily's Castle being chosen for both systems, but it kind of had the possibility to. The difference? Time of day changes. Pac-Maze doesn't really do much to change it. Yeah, you could limit the stage just to where the cyan and orange ghosts are, and make the white line a flipper of some sort, but wouldn't that seem boring and a tad confined? Plus, there already is a stage in the Wii U version based on Pac-World. That'll be leaning towards the "favoritism" side of things. Maybe a Sonic stage?

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I really hope there's a Wii U DK stage, since we haven't seen one yet I'm getting a bit worried. I need dat Japes theme somewhere in the game!

A Pac-Man Championship Edition stage would be sick too, but I assume the Pac-Land stage is all we're getting for Pac-Man on the Wii U version.

Last edited:

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The wii u release date isn't even announced and people are worried about the lack of their favorite franchise not getting represented? Remember how long it took for the kirby stage to be shown off for 3ds? Many of us didn't even know it was a kirby stage.

Plus, I think Castle Siege's reveal is a sign that returning stages won't replace new stages in the wii u version.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Isn't this a stage on the 3DS? I mean, yeah, there are the oddballs like Wily's Castle being chosen for both systems, but it kind of had the possibility to. The difference? Time of day changes. Pac-Maze doesn't really do much to change it. Yeah, you could limit the stage just to where the cyan and orange ghosts are, and make the white line a flipper of some sort, but wouldn't that seem boring and a tad confined? Plus, there already is a stage in the Wii U version based on Pac-World. That'll be leaning towards the "favoritism" side of things. Maybe a Sonic stage?
You are aware my post predated any info on Pac-Man's inclusion by quite a few months, right?

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
After seeing Castle Siege being revealed, I think the Wii U version will have around as many stages as brawl. Fire emblem already has a brand new stage and a returning one, which was only the case for the Mario series on the 3ds version.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
After seeing Castle Siege being revealed, I think the Wii U version will have around as many stages as brawl. Fire emblem already has a brand new stage and a returning one, which was only the case for the Mario series on the 3ds version.
more stages = more chances for the theater!

So, I love that :)

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'd like to see these stages:
That First Town (Kiu): If only for the name
Comet Observatory (MG): Plssamurai
Colony 9 (XBC): During the Mechon attack
Ricco Harbor (SMS): FD version could be on the platforms around the level

(I'll think of more later. BTW I don't think any of these will get in)

Also this is off-topic but how is the music that plays in smash run determined

D

Deleted member

At least, the only good thing I see regarding the Ice Climbers' cut is that it would leave the door opened for the inclusion of a ice-themed stage for the Wii U version which is from a license other than Ice Climber.

Like Phendrana Drifts from Metroid Prime, or a frozen level from Donkey Kong or Zelda.

Stompman

BRoomer
BRoomer
IIRC Brawl had 41 stages, I honestly think that we can expect to see at least that number, and probably a whole lot more. Bear in mind that with the characters rosters being the same, there has to be something to hype the Wii U version, and I think a huge stage roster would do the trick.

Personally, I will be extremely happy just to see Magicant as a Wii U stage, but with a larger selection of music. It's the Earthbound stage I've wanted since Smash 64!

Top Bottom