• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
So, my wanted stages for the WiiU version. I assume they're going to be more than the 3DS one, AT LEAST 50. I'm also assuming the leak roster is the final one and we're not getting more than that. There are definitely too many but this list would be sheer perfection for me.

Mario:
- Mario Galaxy
- Mushroom Kingdom U
- Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 8, works in a similar way to Mario Circuit but has also fire/lava hazards)
- Melee's Rainbow Cruise
- Brawl's Delfino Island
- Treacherous Tower (from Luigi's Mansion 2, may be a vertical stage)
- Paper Mario (same as 3DS)

Donkey Kong:
- Donkey Kong Island (Tropical Freeze, transformation stage, starts normal and then gets freezed)
- Brawl's 75m (reworked to be a lot better)

Yoshi:
- Yoshi's New Island (very similar to previous Yoshi stages, fairly basic)
- Yoshi's Woolly World (moving stage, preview of the game)

Wario:
- Wario-Ware 2 (works exactly like the first but with new minigames)

The Legend Of Zelda:
- Skyloft
- Desert Palace (from A Link To The Past, large stage like Coliseum)
- Gerudo Valley (same as 3DS)
- Brawl's Pirate Ship (the same but the weather changes like in Wind Waker)

Kirby:
- Lor Starcutter (from Epic Yarn, moving stage)
- Brawl's Halberd
- Melee's Green Greens

StarFox:
- Lylat System (the one shown, works like always but moves to many, many different planets in a random way)
- Brawl's Lylat Cruise

F-Zero:
- Melee's Big Blue
- Brawl's Port Town Aero Dive

Metroid:
- Pyrosphere
- Meridia (from Super Metroid, has water hazards and various enemies that may appear)
- Brawl's Frigate Orpheon

Pokémon:
- Pokémon Stadium 3 (fairy, dragon, poison, bug)
- Poké Floats 2 (updated with new Pokémons)
- Kalos Pokémon League
- N64's Saffron City (exactly the same, with just Gen I pokémons appearing)

Fire Emblem:
- Coliseum
- Brawl's Castle Siege

Earthbound:
- Threed (I just like how it looks honestly)
- Melee's Fourside

Kid Icarus:
- Palutena's Temple
- Reset Bomb Forest (same as 3DS)

Pikmin:
- Garden Of Hope

Animal Crossing:
- Town And City

Wii Fit:
- Wii Fit Studio

Punch-Out!:
- Boxing Ring

Xenoblade:
- Gaur Plain
- Eryth Sea (similar to Halberd, cruise stage)

Pilotwings:
- Pilotwings

Retro:
- Balloon Fight (same as 3DS)
- Open Field (from Duck Hunt, the Hunter is an hazard)
- Gyromite (R.O.B.'s stage, the doctor moves around the stage and the pillars are hazards)
- Mountain 1 (Ice Climber stage, vertical one done in retro style)
- Brawl's Flat Zone 2
- Dr. Mario (yes, it's placed in the Tetris-like place of the game, and you have to avoid viruses)

Third party:
- Pac-Land
- Dr. Wily's Castle
- Windy Hill Zone
- Brawl's Green Hill Zone

Smash Bros.:
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- NintendoLand (yep, Mii's stage)

In total, 56 stages, with a lot of them being either returning ones or shared with the 3DS version. That seems absolutely doable to me, but we'll see. I just hope the stage selection for the WiiU version is better than the 3DS one.

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
Guar Plains is in the 3DS and Wii U version.

I like Guar Plains, but there are quite a few cooler Xenoblade areas. It's such a beautiful game, it's a waste to use the same stage twice. Bleh.

Mario:
- Treacherous Tower (from Luigi's Mansion 2, may be a vertical stage)

Xenoblade:
- Eryth Sea (similar to Halberd, cruise stage)
yes pls

Kirby:
- Lor Starcutter (from Epic Yarn, moving stage)
*return to dreamland

Last edited:

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Engage the enemy plays in Gaur Plains or riot. While I love Gaur Plains music, I think Engage the enemy would sound amazing to fight to. Has Xenoblade gotten a confirmed stage on 3ds? I know Gaur Plains is on wiiu. I'll stop saying Gaur Plains now.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Engage the enemy plays in Gaur Plains or riot. While I love Gaur Plains music, I think Engage the enemy would sound amazing to fight to. Has Xenoblade gotten a confirmed stage on 3ds? I know Gaur Plains is on wiiu. I'll stop saying Gaur Plains now.
Gaur Plains is on both Wii U and 3DS

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
Oh good, the stage is very interesting so that's good to know. Thanks Platinum, also nice avatar.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Wish we would've gotten another stage on either 3DS or Wii U, but oh well. What really saddens me is that Metal Face is probably a stage boss...

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I think Metal face will be interesting as a boss. I don't usually like stages that are split down the middle, so I will be playing the final destination version mostly anyway.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Given the selection of Melee past stages in the 3DS version, I wonder if there's only going to be stages from Brawl, including the same past Melee stages. There's no indication that the Wii U version has any past Melee stages yet, but if it does, it looks like Big Blue/Onett would be prime picks, since those series (presumably) got their new stages already in the 3DS version

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Wish we would've gotten another stage on either 3DS or Wii U, but oh well. What really saddens me is that Metal Face is probably a stage boss...
I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, and I've heard the name of this stage boss many times, so I assume he's a main antagonist. But hearing the name "Metal Face" sounds like something my 2 year old nephew would call a big scary bad guy.

He does look badass though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, and I've heard the name of this stage boss many times, so I assume he's a main antagonist. But hearing the name "Metal Face" sounds like something my 2 year old nephew would call a big scary bad guy.

He does look badass though.

There is a specific reason for the name Metal Face in regards to the story's plot. It would require many spoilers and too long of a explanation of why they are called Faces. So I'll leave it there.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think Metal face will be interesting as a boss. I don't usually like stages that are split down the middle, so I will be playing the final destination version mostly anyway.
That's another problem, especially if it's a walk off. Which would make so little sense but I suppose it's not impossible...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't really see how it wouldn't be a walk off. From what was shown, the top two platforms don't seem to have outward ledges and while I don't think we've gotten a good look at the bottom part of it (where Metal Face will likely show up initially, I'm thinking) it would be pretty weird to have that part not be walk off while the top is.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
I dunno about you guys but I think they showed off Omega Gaur Plains as well, just wait until I grab my photicular proof
Edit: nvm, I mistook one of the archs for it

Last edited:

Brindor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2939-3197-6187
We need Castle Siege back for the Wii U.
Smashing on that stage while the FE Theme plays is cool.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
But a WiiU stage is likely. I really hope for the theater.
So much this. If this were done properly, with the usual stage effects and perhaps an enemy occasionally doing an attack from the side, and the original TTYD battle theme playing... Actually, I might even go so far as to say I'd be more excited if this were a stage, than if Paper Mario were playable and it somehow wasn't.

That and an Epic Yarn-themed stage are pretty much the only two things I'd really like to see that we haven't already.

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I thought the specific reason was that Black Face doesn't fly in the west.
Yeah that was the reason the name was changed from Black to Metal. The story reason for face part of the name still remained unchanged.

Solar Crimson

Smash Cadet
NNID
SolarCrimson
3DS FC
1504-6082-4629
I made a stage list a few days ago, so I guess I'll post it in this topic. My list assumes that both Lucas and Snake are cut, and I also have to account for past stages that are already used in the 3DS version (I would have loved to have Jungle Japes in the Wii U version).

Italics are new stages.

Super Smash Bros.
Battlefield
Final Destination

Super Mario Bros.
Mario Galaxy
Mushroom Kingdom U
Bowser's Castle

Donkey Kong
Jungle Hijinx

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's New Island

Wario
Ratl Ruins

The Legend of Zelda
Skyloft

Metroid
Pyrosphere

Kirby
Halcandra

Star Fox
Great Fox

Pokemon
Kalos Pokemon League
PokePark

Fire Emblem
Coliseum

Kid Icarus
Palutena's Temple
Underworld

Pikmin
Garden of Hope

Animal Crossing
Town & City

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Studio

Xenoblade Chronicles
Gaur Plain

Punch-Out!!
Boxing Ring

Duck Hunt
Hunting Meadow

Robot series
Gyromite

Others
PilotWings
Nintendo Land
Rhythm Heaven

Third Party
Wily Castle
Windy Hill
Pac-Land

Past Stages: SSB (they are graphically updated)
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

Past Stages: Melee
Princess Peach's Castle
Yoshi's Island
Kongo Jungle
Temple
Green Greens
Venom
Onett

Past Stages: Brawl
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
75m
WarioWare, Inc.
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon

Halberd
Spear Pillar (Palkia (and Dialga?) will not appear from Master Balls if this stage is chosen)
Port Town Aero Dive
Castle Siege
Summit
Flat Zone 2

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I made a stage list a few days ago, so I guess I'll post it in this topic. My list assumes that both Lucas and Snake are cut, and I also have to account for past stages that are already used in the 3DS version (I would have loved to have Jungle Japes in the Wii U version).

Italics are new stages.

Super Smash Bros.
Battlefield
Final Destination

Super Mario Bros.
Mario Galaxy
Mushroom Kingdom U
Bowser's Castle

Donkey Kong
Jungle Hijinx

Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's New Island

Wario
Ratl Ruins

The Legend of Zelda
Skyloft

Metroid
Pyrosphere

Kirby
Halcandra

Star Fox
Great Fox

Pokemon
Kalos Pokemon League
PokePark

Fire Emblem
Coliseum

Kid Icarus
Palutena's Temple
Underworld

Pikmin
Garden of Hope

Animal Crossing
Town & City

Wii Fit
Wii Fit Studio

Xenoblade Chronicles
Gaur Plain

Punch-Out!!
Boxing Ring

Duck Hunt
Hunting Meadow

Robot series
Gyromite

Others
PilotWings
Nintendo Land
Rhythm Heaven

Third Party
Wily Castle
Windy Hill
Pac-Land

Past Stages: SSB (they are graphically updated)
Hyrule Castle
Saffron City

Past Stages: Melee
Princess Peach's Castle
Yoshi's Island
Kongo Jungle
Temple
Green Greens
Venom
Onett

Past Stages: Brawl
Mario Circuit
Luigi's Mansion
75m
WarioWare, Inc.
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon

Halberd
Spear Pillar (Palkia (and Dialga?) will not appear from Master Balls if this stage is chosen)
Port Town Aero Dive
Castle Siege
Summit
Flat Zone 2
I liked this list, so I gave it a like.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
A few stages I hope make it into the game:

Bowser's Castle
Theater (Paper Mario)
Skytown/Elysium
Warioware 2
Tower of Guidance
Nintendoland & Rhythm Heaven stages

Jords2Good

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad there's a bunch who would love a Bowser's castle stage. So many final boss music that will fit the stage and fits for smashing in general. I hope you got the stage up in there sakurai!

What other Mario stages could they bring? Something from 3D world?

I'm thinking we need an airship level representing Various airship levels from Mario games like the galaxy series, The NSMB console series and Super Mario bros 3.

They should bring back Luigi's mansion from brawl. I really liked that one.

So my wish list for Mario series:
Mushroom kingdom U
Mario Galaxy
Bowser's Castle (based off MK8)
Airships
Luigi's mansion (brawl)

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
Ok i have a couple questions if anyone could answer them that been great.

First off, is there any chance that Corneria from melee is in? I know it was in Brawl and is already in the 3DS version, so does that mean it won't?

Also will Temple be in it, it is another of my favorites. It was also in Brawl,but is not in 3DS so I would assume it has a better chance.

And my last question is will there be a Mario Kart 8 themed track? This one sounds pretty likely to me but What do you think?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Ok i have a couple questions if anyone could answer them that been great.

First off, is there any chance that Corneria from melee is in? I know it was in Brawl and is already in the 3DS version, so does that mean it won't?

Also will Temple be in it, it is another of my favorites. It was also in Brawl,but is not in 3DS so I would assume it has a better chance.

And my last question is will there be a Mario Kart 8 themed track? This one sounds pretty likely to me but What do you think?
at this point we cant really give you any sure answers ony specualtion you'll just have to wait and see

While the Game Boy stage, which the leak suggests is a retro Kirby stage, is cool, it would be strange if there were not a stage based on any of the wonderful locations in Return to Dream Land. An Epic Yarn stage would work, too.

the8thark

Smash Lord
I have an idea for a stage. probably will not be in SSB4 but I want to share it anyway.

Bowser's Airship

Games this stage is taken from:
Super Mario Bros 3
Super Mario Galaxy

Music that will be remixed for this stage:
Super Mario Bros 3 Airship
Attack! Koopa's Fleet (Super Mario Galaxy)

How this stage would look:
This stage is set at night. The sky in the background is nearly pitch black. Only a few faint stars would show through. The ground is not visible and plays no part in the is stage. The players start off on one of Bowser's evil airships, just like from Super Mario Bros 3 when you are going to beat a Koopa Kid to get the wand.

In the background are many more of Bowser's airships. And they know the battle is happening. These other airships will fire their canons randomly at the airship the players are on. From all directions too. and quite frequently as well. Some of them will explode when they hit the airahip and the impact aoe damage will hurt the players. If a cannon scores a direct hit on a player, expect major damage and knock back.

But that's not all. The others airships while madly shooting at your airship will eventually hit your airship. And blow it out of the night sky. The players have to jump onto platforms then another airship when this happens. The players will have no warning that their airship will be blown out of the night sky. But it won't fall away instantly. There will be enough time for all the players to get to safety if they do not dawdle or quit fighting each other to save their own asses.

What do you think of my stage idea? Can any improvements be made to it?

Last edited:

zero sum

Smash Apprentice
@ J Joeyd123 i don't see a reason why corneria wouldn't be on the wii u version. it's been in both melee and brawl so there's definitely precedent for it being on a console game. just because it's on the 3ds doesn't necessarily mean that it's not going to be on the wii u version; in fact, i'd be shocked if it weren't. obviously though we can't give you conclusive answers on any of your questions, unfortunately.

now for some ideas:

pokemon: something based on the more recent console games (i.e., colosseum, xd: gale of darkness, pokemon battle revolution, et al.) would be nice. another pokemon stadium with more interesting (and ideally less janky) transformations would be interesting too.
mario: no ideas but something based off of like… bowser's levels in 64 or the last stage of super mario sunshine would be cool. i feel like villains in general need more stages so this could be interesting?

metroid: ridley. you literally play on ridley. this in itself isn't terribly interesting: he's like flying through a tunnel or what have you and there's the occasional stage hazard and you may need to duck or crouch to avoid it. but for the final destination mode, you're playing on ridley's dead corpse, suspended in the air for reasons unbeknownst to pretty much everyone. the symbolism of this is bipartite in nature: (a) ridley's vast, lifeless corpse represents the death of the ridley hype; his eyes, bereft of any gleam or sign of vital life really, represent the crushed hopes and dreams of fans of the fallen space pirate and (b) the perfectly flat stage represents the death of fun at the hands of the tyrannous competitive community. there is no fun here, not ever. no music, either, but a lone voice, one obviously racked with sorrow, occasionally whispers two words, then fades away for the next minute or so, anguish's black banner placed on its speaker's bowed head. these words are:

“but sakurai—”

Last edited:

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
zlCfzSZ9qOssGPYuKk.jpg

Saw someone draw this on Miiverse. Not directly Smash related, but I have always concepted this being a stage, with the G.F.S. Olympus ship docking bay being the platform and this guy causing havoc in the background and occasionally the stage itself.

Aeronite's Kiseki

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's mentioned, but in the 5 minute JPN trailer, they showed Battlefield and there was a POW Block on a outside platform coming towards the stage....that's really odd to me.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't know if it's mentioned, but in the 5 minute JPN trailer, they showed Battlefield and there was a POW Block on a outside platform coming towards the stage....that's really odd to me.
Well it was showing Multi-man mode, so maybe that's how items spawn in that mode now.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Hey, here's some shameless advertising for you Uprising lovers!
The Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/WiiU Stage Contest has started the Kid Icarus round where you get to create the perfect KI stage for either version of the game! Click here to participate!

Radayam

Smash Apprentice
Here's my Earthbound Stage idea that has no chance of actually happening!

Cave of the Past

The fight takes place in the visceral biomechanical lair of Giygas. Pokey/Porky crawls along in his machine in the background and occasionally shoots a slow moving blob into the arena that poisons any fighters it hits, dealing roughly 20% damage over 5 seconds. The Devil Machine also is in the background, and will periodically begin flashing before firing a moderately damaging PK Rockin' attack at a random fighter's current position(similar to how the Halberd's attacks work). After at least a minute has passed into the fight, the Devil Machine will start shaking violently before breaking down, and Giygas will appear. Pokey/Porky can be seen fleeing as the Devil Machine breaks, and he will not attack while Giygas is out. Giygas overrides the entire background, and will generate psychic pulses in random locations, telegraphed by a small white sparkle at the target area. These pulses have a diameter of roughly 4 Bowsers and inflict anywhere between 17% to 23% damage with low to mid knockback, and also may have a random element and/or inflict a random negative status effect. Giygas remains out between 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds before the Devil Machine powers back on and the stage reverts to its original state. Each subsequent appearance of Giygas takes at least 2 more minutes to occur than the previous(his 2nd appearance requires at least 3 minutes to pass after he first disappeared, his 3rd appearance requires at least 5 minutes to pass since his 2nd disappearance, and so on). Whenever the Devil Machine appears, either when the fight begins or after Giygas disappears, it will display a random fighter's face.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
Here's my Earthbound Stage idea that has no chance of actually happening!

Cave of the Past

The fight takes place in the visceral biomechanical lair of Giygas. Pokey/Porky crawls along in his machine in the background and occasionally shoots a slow moving blob into the arena that poisons any fighters it hits, dealing roughly 20% damage over 5 seconds. The Devil Machine also is in the background, and will periodically begin flashing before firing a moderately damaging PK Rockin' attack at a random fighter's current position(similar to how the Halberd's attacks work). After at least a minute has passed into the fight, the Devil Machine will start shaking violently before breaking down, and Giygas will appear. Pokey/Porky can be seen fleeing as the Devil Machine breaks, and he will not attack while Giygas is out. Giygas overrides the entire background, and will generate psychic pulses in random locations, telegraphed by a small white sparkle at the target area. These pulses have a diameter of roughly 4 Bowsers and inflict anywhere between 17% to 23% damage with low to mid knockback, and also may have a random element and/or inflict a random negative status effect. Giygas remains out between 1 minute to 1 minute and 30 seconds before the Devil Machine powers back on and the stage reverts to its original state. Each subsequent appearance of Giygas takes at least 2 more minutes to occur than the previous(his 2nd appearance requires at least 3 minutes to pass after he first disappeared, his 3rd appearance requires at least 5 minutes to pass since his 2nd disappearance, and so on). Whenever the Devil Machine appears, either when the fight begins or after Giygas disappears, it will display a random fighter's face.
I have hoped for a stage of this nature ever since the first game, if only because I need a professional HD rearrangement of Pokey Means Business in my life.

The one thing that I'd change is that I feel the Devil's Machine should always portray the stoic, disapproving face of whoever is currently in the lead, rather than remaining static and only changing upon reappearance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom