• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion

I'm not a fan of big stage hazards, but a Kirby stage with Kracko and other various Kirby enemies would be amazing. I'm kinda over Whispy Woods.
I'm the same way, the Yellow Devil concept sounds fun on paper, but looks absolultly tedious in game. The whole idea of stage bosses just sounds like it's going to ruin decent stages. Kracko works though because 90% of the time he is out of the way.

Drowzee64

Smash Cadet
NNID
drowzee64
3DS FC
2895-6543-6932
A Mt. Itoi stage that properly emulates the experience of climbing Mt Itoi by siccing incredibly obnoxious and deadly enemies on the players almost constantly.

No but seriously, some part of me wants Mother 1 to be represented in this game.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
A Mt. Itoi stage that properly emulates the experience of climbing Mt Itoi by siccing incredibly obnoxious and deadly enemies on the players almost constantly.

No but seriously, some part of me wants Mother 1 to be represented in this game.
I'd love to see a Mt. Itoi stage

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
You know, Sakurai said that not ALL of the stages will be the same on both systems. I can see, once it's probably confirmed, the Pokemon Stadium III will be the next dual-system stage.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Does this nail shut the coffin yet or are people still going to argue the stage's legality a while longer?
Don't be mean, people wanted a decent, good-looking stage for competitive play for once.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Does this nail shut the coffin yet or are people still going to argue the stage's legality a while longer?
I really wanted it to be legal. It'd be nice to finally have a tournament-viable Mushroom Kingdom stage for once. The layout of most of the phases really isn't that offensive, either, so I had my hopes up. I already had doubts as soon as we saw the enemy hazards, but Nabbit really has to be the final nail in the coffin. It's a real disappontment, especially because it was so unexpected (by me at least). I don't recall seeing or hearing about him from the Best Buy/E3 demo.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Don't be mean, people wanted a decent, good-looking stage for competitive play for once.
Sorry, it's just that every video I've seen has shown the stage randomly lose its mid section with no obvious indication that that particular transformation was about to happen.
Without that, I could have accepted the stage but with, I really couldn't understand the ongoing support.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I think Sakurai is just going all out with stage hazards because of the FD version feature.

He can go all out making any stage he wants crazy, and not have to worry about having a variety of good looking legal stages.

That being said, I do hope there are some with some interesting platform configurations that are legal, FD only forever can get boring.

Omega31

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheBlueSerpent47
Okay, Nabbit is confirmed as a stage hazard on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage.

On a unrelated note: I want more Kirby stages in Smash!

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I think Sakurai is just going all out with stage hazards because of the FD version feature.
He can go all out making any stage he wants crazy, and not have to worry about having a variety of good looking legal stages.
That being said, I do hope there are some with some interesting platform configurations that are legal, FD only forever can get boring.
And this is why I've been against the "tournament button" since the community first started suggesting it. It may add a vast number of legal stages but it takes out all the variety between them and actually makes the casual stages more chaotic and thus less playable, even for non-serious play.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
And this is why I've been against the "tournament button" since the community first started suggesting it. It may add a vast number of legal stages but it takes out all the variety between them and actually makes the casual stages more chaotic and thus less playable, even for non-serious play.
To be fair, there are even FD versions of neutral stages, like battelfied, so it isn't like Sakurai is just going all out with crazyness.

Hell, if there is a boss off button, (different than FD button), wily castle looks to be an amazing stage as well.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

I'm actually worried about this too. If he's just going nuts on almost everything since we get FD anyways we're going to have a seriously limited stage list even if we're being open.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I'm actually worried about this too. If he's just going nuts on almost everything since we get FD anyways we're going to have a seriously limited stage list even if we're being open.
To be fair, we haven't seen several major series' stages, Kirby, StarFox, DK, Pokemon ect. We still have breathing room.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
To be fair, we haven't seen several major series' stages, Kirby, StarFox, DK, Pokemon ect. We still have breathing room.

It's true, and there is still a LOT more room for stages. At worst, at least the 3DS has like... 4 right now, and thw Wii U has at least 3. We could survive.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I'm thinking a miiverse stage will replace the old picto chat stage.

SundayBest

Smash Rookie
NNID
Aweber4206
3DS FC
5129-2712-1188
I really like how a lot of the stages have a final destination mode, but still have their old aesthetics . Yeah I know its old news, but it still makes me glad they took the time to add variety to competitive stages

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
It would be cool if when you're connected to the Internet, depending on your account, posts from your Activity Feed would cycle along your screen. Have nice art backdrops while you fight! Now you design the backgrounds!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From what I've seen, the Wii U version seems to have much tamer stages, while the 3DS version has much wilder ones.

Also, since the topic for this was closed, I'll just post my "past stages" list here:

Just as an FYI, I'm of the belief that ONLY the 3DS version is getting Melee stages, and only the Wii U version is getting Brawl stages. I can explain that further if necessary, though it should be obvious.

Melee stages for 3DS: Jungle Japes, Fountain of Dreams, Big Blue, Poké Floats, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Great Bay, Venom, Yoshi's Story, Onett, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom II

Brawl stages for Wii U: Battleship Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Mario Bros, Pictochat, Shadow Moses Island

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
From what I've seen, the Wii U version seems to have much tamer stages, while the 3DS version has much wilder ones.

Also, since the topic for this was closed, I'll just post my "past stages" list here:

Just as an FYI, I'm of the belief that ONLY the 3DS version is getting Melee stages, and only the Wii U version is getting Brawl stages. I can explain that further if necessary, though it should be obvious.

Melee stages for 3DS: Jungle Japes, Fountain of Dreams, Big Blue, Poké Floats, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Great Bay, Venom, Yoshi's Story, Onett, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Mushroom Kingdom II

Brawl stages for Wii U: Battleship Halberd, Luigi's Mansion, Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Pokémon Stadium 2, Spear Pillar, WarioWare, Mario Bros, Pictochat, Shadow Moses Island
its a bit early to be so sure seeing as we've only seen one retro stage per version

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
What would you think if Sakurai make a special team battle stage based on splatoon? WIth the inklings painting all the place with the teams colors and get hurt when you stand in your opposite color, but are faster in your color.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I don't think there's been any frequent pictures taken of the Kalos Pokemon League, has there? I'm curious to know why.

Maybe there's some more secrets that Sakurai's been hiding. Like perhaps there's a boss hazard on the stage. If there is, I'm betting that it's Diantha's Mega Gardevoir, it would be a nice change from Rayquaza.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's been any frequent pictures taken of the Kalos Pokemon League, has there? I'm curious to know why.

Maybe there's some more secrets that Sakurai's been hiding. Like perhaps there's a boss hazard on the stage. If there is, I'm betting that it's Diantha's Mega Gardevoir, it would be a nice change from Rayquaza.
you say that like we've had rayquaza as a boss muliplte times

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
you say that like we've had rayquaza as a boss muliplte times
Rayquaza's ok, it's just...I don't want it to be typecasted as a boss in this series. I want something new, like one of Pokemon X and Y's legendaries. Perhaps Yveltal.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Rayquaza's ok, it's just...I don't want it to be typecasted as a boss in this series. I want something new, like one of Pokemon X and Y's legendaries. Perhaps Yveltal.

i dont think we'll be in much danger of that id say there's good chance of yvetal turning as a boss

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
So what is the idea on pilot wings (or whatever the plane one is called)?

I played it at best buy and it didn't seem too terribly bad. I imagine it would make a good counterpick stage, or if there is a huge lack of neutral stages, a neutral.

Gamer4Life

Smash Rookie
Smash Bros has yet to Have a Bowser themed stage. I think its time they gave the King of The Koopas some Recognition. He has out Performed all other Nintendo villains. The Bowser Castle I believe should be on there is the Castle from 3d World. World Bowser. I love The Theme Music.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

God, Yveltal as a boss would be so amazing, he's such a brutal and destructive Pokemon that'd he'd be incredibly badass.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Smash Bros has yet to Have a Bowser themed stage. I think its time they gave the King of The Koopas some Recognition. He has out Performed all other Nintendo villains. The Bowser Castle I believe should be on there is the Castle from 3d World. World Bowser. I love The Theme Music.
I'd love a Bowser Castle stage, but at this point, we already have 5 Mario stages at this point, so it feels unlikely.

The closest thing we have is on the Mushroom Kingdom U stage, when Kamek switches the stage to a Boss Tower from the NSMB games.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Love it. Let's make it happen. That could be the third Mario stage for the Wii U version, and would probably be the unlockable one.

I wonder if the Sonic stage for 3DS will be based on Lost World or Generations, though. They'd have a wide variety if they went the Generations route.

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
kind of a bizarre idea... but what if somehow, either by a scrolling stage or a climbing stage or some other way, there was a stage based off of Nintendo's timeline? I dunno, fighting on top of all the consoles in order, on the game boxes, with the background just being decorated with elements of all of nintendo's franchises. and maybe have TV's in the background playing clips from different games that get more modern looking the farther up the timeline you go. and the music would be a mashup of every possible easily recognizable theme song.... so yeah!

D

Deleted member

Finally, Pac-man Maze stage info. Pokemon League info when?

I just realized something though. Demo had 9-ish stages. How many stages did the Brawl demo have?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom